Differin Adapalene (0.1%) Gel reviews

3.3/5 - 1269 reviews

Brand: Differin

Adapalene (0.1%).

Carbomer 940, edetate disodium, methylparaben, poloxamer 182, propylene glycol, purified water and sodium hydroxide.

Didn't work
Reviewed on November 17, 2014

Didn't work for me. Made it worse. Caused skin to be too dry and red.

Try a different approach
Reviewed on November 14, 2014

I've tried so many products, but they simply mask acne. A change in diet saved my skin.

See the bigger picture, whats your body trying to tell you?

For anyone interested in taking a different approach at skincare and improving your complexion from the inside out check out the power of Juice Plus. For less than a cup of coffee/day. It's a lifestyle change :)

Message me, I'd be happy to share!

This is the only gel that worked for me
Reviewed on November 5, 2014

Im 18 and had acne for 4 years, i went to the pharmacy then afer seening my acne reccommened differin 0.1% to me. i also have been using a ance solution with i use on my face with a cotton btw i cant remember its name and i dont know which one cleared up my acne as i have been using them both at the same time :(; but anyways my acne was bad and both the medications cleared it all up. i only ever had acne on my forhead and between my eyebrows, i haven't used the gel for months and now my acne came back. i will definetly purchase this again.

Please help
Reviewed on September 27, 2014

I'm on 4months using differin but until now I didn't see change yet. My skin is so hot and peeling this is the side effect too?

by Pip98 on 10/15/2014 10:42
Oh my goodness so glad there is someone else in the same boat as me. I have been using to for four months as well and it seemed to get better and worse and now its getting really bad again.. I'm losing hope:(
by suzie96 on 11/05/2014 18:39
you might have an allergic reaction try benzoyl preoxide or something not as strong
Couldn't deal with the instant purging
Reviewed on September 26, 2014

Tried to switch from Zineryt liquid lotion to Differin due to how difficult the Zineryt was to apply. The idea of an easy, one a day cream was great. However, unfortunately after just two days I switched straight back.

My skin was redder than ever, covered in spots and white heads were popping up so fast it was unbelievable.

However, I have no doubt that this product would work in the long time. I just couldn't take my skin getting in worse at that time. Try Zineryt lotion for instant drying of spots.

1 month in...
Reviewed on September 16, 2014

I took Accutane and my skin stayed clear for 1.5 years. During this time I was just using normal face wash and Aczone prescription, exfoliating, etc. About a month ago my skin just went nuts. It started getting really oily and I started noticing a considerable increase in "congestion". I had lots of blackheads and absolutely riddled with closed comedones. My skin overall and had an extremely oily and bumpy look to it, but wasn't breaking out into inflammed zits. So like I said, about a month ago I went back to the derm and she suggested Differin. She mention Aczone will not address the bumps under the skin, but Differin will. She suggested I continue using Aczone during the day, but Differin at night. The first week my skin went nuts with large zits and some cystic acne, which I have not had since pre accutance. Now that I am in what I think is week 4 or 5, the big zits are gone, but it's like every single bump on my face is red. Red acne scars have also been taking FOREVER to fade. It's absurd. I've read Differin "purges", but is this normal?

just be patient ^_^
Reviewed on September 14, 2014

It really works from me, i'm using it for about 2 months (april and may) and stop and my blackheads on my nose came back. Then I decided to use it again I have been it from now for almost 1 week and my face starts to clear it again. I do have oily face and no need to use a moisturizer except for applying non comedogenic sunscreen like cetaphil in morning. For my facial wash, I've been in a trust of benzac daily foaming wash which is supposed to be in acne oily facial skin and its true ^_^ then after washing I apply soothing toner with aloe vera and chamomile extract you should do this every morning afterwards apply sunscreen. In evening just wash your face with your facial wash then apply a thin coat of differin gel.. and thats it ^_^

by suzie96 on 11/05/2014 18:33
thanks that helped
A friggen miracle
Reviewed on September 14, 2014

This stuff has worked wonders for my face! This is gonna be a long review (don't say you haven't been warned)!

I used to have moderate acne with occasional bouts of cystic acne. I had visited my dermatologist about two years ago and she prescribed me Retin-A. It had worked for my mother when she was my age, so I figured it would be the same for me. I was oh so very wrong. I stuck with Retin-A for almost 3 months, and in that time, my acne not only failed to improve, but got drastically worse. Instead of occasional appearances of cystic acne, it became a regular presence on my face, particularly my cheeks. Eventually, I stopped using the stuff, and I thought my skin would start to heal itself. Unfortunately, Retin-A seemed to have done more than I thought, and normal zits would form on top of deep, cystic zits. I didn't want to start back on Retin-A, and I didn't want to keep doing nothing, so, I called my regular doctor and scheduled an appointment with her. I told her that my dermatologist had prescribed Retin-A and had resulted in the warzone that was my face. My doc told me to try Differin. As skeptical as I was, my skin had gotten to the point where it was painful even when nothing was touching it. So, I picked up a tube.

It was the best decision of my (dermatological) life. Within a week most of the surface acne was gone, and some of the cystic acne had started to heal as well. By the end of the third week, the majority of my acne was gone (except for a few blackheads on the nose), and the scars from my disastrous Retin-A experience (both psychological and physical) had even started to fade. I still use Differin today, on and off. Even when I'm not using Differin every night, my skin stays relatively acne free. When I am using Differin, my skin is practically pimple-free. Seriously guys, Differin works (well, for me, anyways).

by barbieballet on 11/18/2014 08:05
does it makes your face little dry and little flaky ..whitish ??? pls reply asap
The worst
Reviewed on September 11, 2014

I cant stand this gel, it leaves my face burned!! it hurts so much.

Drastically Worsened Acne
Reviewed on August 19, 2014

I have suffered on and off with acne for my whole life. I had previously cured my (relatively mild) acne with gentle skincare regime and benzoyl peroxide. Eventually I stopped using the benzoyl peroxide treatment and in 5-6 months my acne started to return in the form of bumps under my skin which I initially thought was a reaction to a product. This progressed to a few active spots and breakouts; seeing that my acne may be returning I went to my GP. He was concerned that either my acne was returning or I had a bacterial infection and so prescribed my a Tetracycline antibiotic and Differin. I used Differin for around 6 weeks before I couldn't take it any more. I know this product is a retinoid and can cause skin "purging" but this was way beyond that. I would wake up to increasingly inflamed, reactive skin and cystic acne and whitehead breakouts in area's I had never previously broken out in my life. Eventually the amount of scarring and hyper-pigmentation this stress on my skin was causing became too much and I quit the treatment. After a gap of around 2 weeks I have since begun treatment with Duac 5% Benzoyl Peroxide cream. It has been 3 weeks and already my skin is starting to show some improvement. Please be careful with Differin, it ruined my skin.

by suzie96 on 11/05/2014 18:31