Page 4 of Dianette Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.6/5 - 371 reviews

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg, ethinylestradiol 35 micrograms.

Lactose, maize starch, povidone, talc, magnesium stearate, sucrose, polyethylene glycol 6000, calcium carbonate, glycerol, montan glycol wax, titanium dioxide (E171), and yellow iron oxide (E172).

Reviewed on August 2, 2012

Only on my tenth day today so still early to comment on my skin , my skins looking worse ATM so it either means Im having an initial breakout on dianette or the lymecycline Ive been on for last two weeks could be doing that !

Reviewed on July 15, 2012

i am a 16 year old female and you know what that means? hormonal acne. i went on dianette for just over a year as i was prescribed it by my local GP. as many of the people have said on here, yes it did clear up my acne however, after i came off it, i broke out all over again. i would not say it returned "worse" but my acne was bad anyway. HOWEVER, after reading other forums about whether or not people broke out after coming off dianette i have found a way to control most of my acne after coming off. i now take vitamin D3 with a factor 3000 IU, evening primrose oil, along with OMEGA 3,6,9 (along with other herbal supplements such as green tea). i have also been monitoring my diet, such as eating less greasy foods, avoiding hydrogenated carbs and fats etc.. i have been drinking green tea and rooibos tea, and pure apple cider vinegar with water to help clean my system without anything harsh as i am still quite young... i hope that if anyone is thinking of coming off dianette they research on some of the supplements i listed and try some of them out... overall, this works for many people but if you are afraid to break out again and have not taken it before, only take it if there is a special occasion coming up!~ :)

Reviewed on June 13, 2012

I would say to anyone who is using this product to STICK WITH IT!

I read alot of reviews that say this works after afew months but for me this took about 6 months but it is definitly worth the wait!

Ive tried most of the other prescription pills & nothing else has worked as well as this. I now only get the occasional blackhead where as before i was getting new big spots everyday.

You do gain weight on this pill as it makes you constantly hungry but its worth it as its alot easier to get rid of unwanted weight than it is unwanted acne!

I would 100% recomend this!

Reviewed on May 29, 2012

hi guys! I thought i would share my acne story with you.. I started to get oily skin at ten , and by the time i was fourteen, i had full blown acne.. After years of otc treatments, antibiotics, retinoids.. I went on roaccutane at nhneteen, it cleared my skin up amazingly but four months after i came off it.. I started to get some spots. I went to the doc who gave me the pill dianette and isotrex. Isotrex dried up my skin but did clear it, though i have stopped usiog it now. With dianette, i can see that it has definitely made my skin smoother and less spotty and oily, i know that it will take a while to see the results properly. But i can definitely see improvements! Highly recomment it lol x

Reviewed on May 7, 2012

I have been on dianette for nearly 6 months and only in the past week my skin has cleared up. I have been very close to quitting after reading bad reviews but this pill does work eventually, it just takes a long time! for the weight gain - my breasts are noticeably larger ( not a problem) however I have noticed slight stretchmarks on my inner thighs. I'm not overweight atall so this did confuse me but with a little coca butter I'm sure it's not that big of a problem! Good luck to everyone trying to find a solution. This is just personal side effects - it varies for everyone!

Reviewed on April 23, 2012

I'm 24 years old and only started having issues with acne from the age of 20 onwards. I had been on other pills from the age of 16 and these did help my acne but I still had bad black heads and acne on my back and chin.

After coming off the pill at about 21 in an attempt to solve the problem, my skin became the worst it had ever been and I started to really struggle with confidence. Although my skin was by no means the worst, I had hundreds of bumps under the skin on my face and these eventually turned to spots.

I did research online and realised that there were several pills that helped with acne and went to my GP who prescribed Dianette.

I noticed the change in my skin within 2 weeks and actually had far less side effects that Marvelon or other pills I had tried.

My stomach was slightly bloated for a couple of days and this really was the only problem.

After a month people started commenting how

Wonderful my skin looked and I now need about half the makeup and concealer I used to use! At last i feel like I did when I was 16!

I genuinely urge anyone who has not tried this pill to give it a try, I regret not going to the doctors years ago. Although the maximum prescription time is 18 months due to increased risk of blood clots, this is usually enough time for the skin to recover.

One tip is that dianette is a very expensive pill and many GPs will not prescribe unless asked for, likewise most family planning clinics don't stock it.

Reviewed on April 23, 2012

Ok I hated Dianette at first, all I did was break out really bad. You have to realise it will take months! But now, after sticking it out for six months my skin is finally clear!! I do find it really cleared my acne, its just so hard to stick with it with the initial break out. I also find it made me paranoid about my weight but yeah i dont know if thats just me.

Reviewed on April 21, 2012

I've had acne for about 7 years and NOTHING has worked.

Got this from my GP.

Just finished my first packet. Within the first few days I noticed I was getting slightly less spots than usual and about 3 weeks in I stopped getting any new spots.

I couldn't swallow tablets before but I can swallow these no problem.

Felt a bit sick and had minor headaches during the first few days but nothing major.

Reviewed on April 10, 2012

I have had moderate acne for the last 4-5 years and no matter what I did or tried on my skin nothing worked. Initially my Derm put me on Zineryt, which did work. However a few months after I stopped taking Zineryt I found that the spots came back. So I requested to be put on Zineryt again, however this time it didn't work AT ALL.

So years went by and I carried on investing in the best skin care products all to no avail. What I also noticed was that I had excessive hair growth in weird places - OMG! However, my mum just said its hereditary so all I could do was wax it. I was also too embarrassed to ask my G.P about it so I tried to ignore it.

Fast forward 5 years on I requested for an ultrasound scan and it turns put I have PCOS. The only reason I asked for a scan was as I noticed hair growth on my chin -___- omfg... Two weeks ago I started my course of dianette, one word- WOW! My skin only has one spot and all my superficial scars are fading nicely.

The only side effects so far is a kind of sicky feeling albeit not too bad or strong sickness feeling. In addition, no weight gain yet but my boobs are somewhat tender and my stomach has appeared to have become permanently bloated- GRRRRRRR

Anyways I am on week two only and I will update in about another months time how I am getting on.

I am very uncomfortable about taking dianette because of all the bad press or reviews it's had so I am hoping to come off it within six months. As I said I will be posting an update in about 4 weeks.

Another effect I am hoping dianette will have is on my uber large pores... I wonder if it helps in minimising the size of pores at all. Hmmmm...

As a final note, my GP did say to take it for three months to see the benefits, so if your not seeing results immediately your going to have to be patient. Also, I refused to go on any pill without a scan first (I don't like the idea of messing with my body with meds unless necessary), and I'm gl

Reviewed on April 2, 2012

First 2-3 months of using this I had the worst migraines I have ever had and my skin was breaking out more than ever! but I wanted to have clear skin so bad that I stuck through it, despite the pain I was in for a good few weeks.. but i am SO glad that I did. I've been on it nearly a year now and the initial breakout went after about 5-6 months and I now do not have one spot on my face, however I am left with ugly red marks which I am having trouble fading! End of the day Dianette is a miracle product and in all honesty I am scared to come off in case the acne returns before I can fade the scars. Would definately recommend this product and remind people not to be scared off by the side effects during the first few months as they DO go away!