Page 3 of Dianette Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.6/5 - 373 reviews

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg, ethinylestradiol 35 micrograms.

Lactose, maize starch, povidone, talc, magnesium stearate, sucrose, polyethylene glycol 6000, calcium carbonate, glycerol, montan glycol wax, titanium dioxide (E171), and yellow iron oxide (E172).

Reviewed on May 27, 2013

I can honestly say that going on Dianne was one of the worst decisions I have ever made regarding my skin. I suffered a horrendous breakout during the first 3 months of use and also experienced extreme mood swings, severe period pain, constant headaches and fatigue. By the 4th my skin had cleared up slightly but I begun having serious anxiety attacks and fits of crying which made me unable to continue my day to day life. Having acne is sh*t but being on this pill made me grateful that at least having acne made me sane. I'm not saying everyone will experience the side effects that I did and for most the pill works effectively. I would recommend giving it a few months and see how it works for you!

Reviewed on May 23, 2013

I first tried dianette 9 years ago after having terrible skin for yrs. I had tried everythin else so wasnt expecting results but within 3 and a half weeks my skin was almost clear, I ws amazed and gutted that I had not tried this when I was 16 so I wouldnt have been left with any marks on my skin. I have been on and off it over the past 9 yrs, my skin

becomes my greasy and spotty when I come off it but nothin even close to how it used to be. I was off it there for 6 months and developed back and chest acne which ive never had before so now im back on it for 2 months to clear it up before my summer hols. Last time when I switched to yasmin it gave me terrible break outs around my jawline so I had to go back on dianette to clear up the damage that yasmin caused. There may be higher health risks involved with dianette but they are small and im certainly willing to take them to have gorgeous blemish free skin!

Reviewed on April 14, 2013

If you're prepared to persevere for several months, you will get results from Dianette. It does work, but for me I just got to the point where I simply had had enough of feeling emotional all the time.

Reviewed on January 3, 2013

I've never had amazing skin, but at the age of 23 I developed full blown acne out of the blue. I tried several courses of antibitoics and creams such as benzyl peroxide but nothing worked. After much convincing, I managed to get my Doctor to put me on Diannete, even though I'm classified as obsese. I was so depressed about my skin I decided to accept the risks and go for it anyway. It's been three months now and I've noticed some change, although I'd still my acne is still quite bad. I've noticed that my skin goes through spells of being really clear and then really bad. I'm not sure if anyone else found this? Anyway, I'm going to stick with it as I don't want to go on Roacutane and hope that in time my skin improves. Fingers crossed!

by sksk on 09/30/2014 13:26
My skin keeps doing this! Really clear for a few days then bad again, its so disappointing, did yours stay good eventually? :)

Reviewed on December 17, 2012

I started taking Dianette for moderate acne after semi successfully using antibiotics and topical treatments.

While I was taking the pill my acne completely disapeared and my skin was much, much clearer. I took this medication for about a year and a half at least, in which time it was very succesful. However as you're not meant to be on this pill for extended lengths of time (usually only about one year I think) I changed to Yasmine as my doctor thought this would also help prevent acne. When I switched to Yasmine after about 4 months the odd spot started to come up on my face every now and again. This gradually got to be about 3-5 spots on my face 6 months after switching to Yasmine. I stopped taking Yasmine after 7 months because it wasn't preventing my acne and it didn't controll my periods properly (e.g. sometimes they would come on very lightly, but while I was still in the pill taking weeks). After stopping this prescription my acne came back gradually, and after 5 months of stopping the Yasmine (1 year of stopping the dianette) I had severe acne. It was far more inflamed than acne I've had before and moved to different parts of my face, mainly around my cheeks and temples. In my opinion Dianette works, but is not a long term solution. And Yasmine didn't work for me as an acne treatment. I'm now on a course on Accutane.... lets see how that goes.

Reviewed on November 23, 2012

This did clear my acne after around 12 weeks - you must be patient and give it time. I have heard some people have had a large weight gain on this pill, but I can say that my weight has remained the same. However I have lost all tone in my body and seem to be constantly bloated around my stomach. After 10 hours of sleep I still wake up tired. I've been on this pill for 18 months (after literally trying everything!) and I'm beginning to consider coming off it, but I've done research and am aware that acne often returns worse than before, meaning an immediate course of treatment must be prepared. There are also major health risks involved.

I would recommend this if you really feel you have no other option. I can't deny that it helped my acne.