Page 3 of Dianette Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.6/5 - 376 reviews

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg, ethinylestradiol 35 micrograms.

Lactose, maize starch, povidone, talc, magnesium stearate, sucrose, polyethylene glycol 6000, calcium carbonate, glycerol, montan glycol wax, titanium dioxide (E171), and yellow iron oxide (E172).

Helps
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

I took Dianette for over 8 months (I actually still take it now but in conjunction with Accutane).

It helped improve my skin considerably, If you're on it now then have patience, it took about six months to really kick in.

by weetillie on 08/15/2014 18:02
how is roaccutaine working for you ? any side effects ?
Worst stuff ever.
Reviewed on June 10, 2013

I'd never recommend dianette to anyone in my life. I took it for six months & yes it did clear my acne & I no longer had oily skin, however, it took the full six months to see any improvement. It completely wasn't worth it for me & it's the worst decision I've made in my life as it gave me extreme anxiety, I was depressed & I was constantly crying.

I wish my doctor would have told me that my acne would come back with vengeance after stopping taking it. Within three months of going off it (you cannot stay on this pill for very long due to the side effects) my skin worse than ever. Not only does my face now breakout a million times worse, I have back & chest acne which I've never experienced before. I now have even worse self confidence/self esteem than pre-pill as I'm yet to find anything to help my chest/bacne. To anyone considering it: if you're acne is hormonal it will probably clear your skin up wonderfully. However, it isn't a long term solution & having it return worse than ever completely isn't worth it. Hate myself for ever taking this.

not sure
Reviewed on June 8, 2013

i have just finsihed my fourth month i know people say it takes up to 6 months.but i have been reading reviews and people say their skin was clear after a few months :O i have noticed only a slight improvment on my face i also have acne all over my back,shoulders wich ends above my elbow and on my chest(its very bad) there hasnt been any improvment on thoose areas.i have been feeling so depressed over my acne because its summer and everyones in their swimsuites and wearing tee shirts and dresses that i cant wear because of my skin :( i really hpe it clears up my acne but im doubting it will

Reviewed on May 27, 2013

I can honestly say that going on Dianne was one of the worst decisions I have ever made regarding my skin. I suffered a horrendous breakout during the first 3 months of use and also experienced extreme mood swings, severe period pain, constant headaches and fatigue. By the 4th my skin had cleared up slightly but I begun having serious anxiety attacks and fits of crying which made me unable to continue my day to day life. Having acne is sh*t but being on this pill made me grateful that at least having acne made me sane. I'm not saying everyone will experience the side effects that I did and for most the pill works effectively. I would recommend giving it a few months and see how it works for you!

Reviewed on May 23, 2013

I first tried dianette 9 years ago after having terrible skin for yrs. I had tried everythin else so wasnt expecting results but within 3 and a half weeks my skin was almost clear, I ws amazed and gutted that I had not tried this when I was 16 so I wouldnt have been left with any marks on my skin. I have been on and off it over the past 9 yrs, my skin

becomes my greasy and spotty when I come off it but nothin even close to how it used to be. I was off it there for 6 months and developed back and chest acne which ive never had before so now im back on it for 2 months to clear it up before my summer hols. Last time when I switched to yasmin it gave me terrible break outs around my jawline so I had to go back on dianette to clear up the damage that yasmin caused. There may be higher health risks involved with dianette but they are small and im certainly willing to take them to have gorgeous blemish free skin!

Reviewed on April 14, 2013

If you're prepared to persevere for several months, you will get results from Dianette. It does work, but for me I just got to the point where I simply had had enough of feeling emotional all the time.

Reviewed on January 3, 2013

I've never had amazing skin, but at the age of 23 I developed full blown acne out of the blue. I tried several courses of antibitoics and creams such as benzyl peroxide but nothing worked. After much convincing, I managed to get my Doctor to put me on Diannete, even though I'm classified as obsese. I was so depressed about my skin I decided to accept the risks and go for it anyway. It's been three months now and I've noticed some change, although I'd still my acne is still quite bad. I've noticed that my skin goes through spells of being really clear and then really bad. I'm not sure if anyone else found this? Anyway, I'm going to stick with it as I don't want to go on Roacutane and hope that in time my skin improves. Fingers crossed!

by sksk on 09/30/2014 13:26
My skin keeps doing this! Really clear for a few days then bad again, its so disappointing, did yours stay good eventually? :)