Page 5 of Diane-35 reviews

3.3/5 - 707 reviews

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Inactivel Ingredients:
Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Reviewed on November 19, 2012

I have been on this drug for 15 years with no issues. I have tired other forms of contraception but none suit my body like Diane 35. Compared with other contraceptive pills I have been on it reduces my very heavy periods the most, helps with my acne, gives me no breast tenderness or swelling and I have no weight gain. I am currently on Depo Provera (a 3 month contraceptive injection) and I can't wait for it to leave my system so I can get back on Diane 35. Compare with being on Diane 35 I have gained weight, my sex drive has disappeared.

Reviewed on October 24, 2012

So I have only just now started my 2nd pack of Diane 35 but am already a huge fan. I highly recommend this BCP for those that have Hormonal Acne! I am 25 and have been struggling with sever and consistent acne since I was 14. I am one of those people like many of you out there that have literally tried every acne product known to man. Again, this is a great pill for those with hormonal acne...acne and cystic acne on the chin, jaw and even the upper neck. I get two or three breakouts a year on my cheeks/forehead. I also had a hormone test done and was found to have elevated levels of free testosterone. Again, I have only been on this pill for a month and can already see major differences. I would sometimes wake up with 2 or 3 new zits a day and am now getting 2 or 3 a week. My horrible cystic acne that I would get has completely stopped...I am only getting random small whiteheads now. Reading about the other girls weight increases I can understand, I have noticed an increase in my appetite and an increase in dry skin on my entire body not just my face, but nothing lotion can't fix. If you have hormonal acne like me give this a chance! I have to order it from a Canadian Pharmacy that obviously doesn't take American insurance but its still only $20 a month so so worth it. I literally spent so many weekends of my life not wanting to go out and have fun because I was embarrassed of my acne, but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! Will update in a few months when I'm sure it will be even better!

Reviewed on October 2, 2012

This medication pretty much ruined my life for the past two years. When I stopped taking it all of the above symptoms really decreased. I didn't get my period for 6 months after I stopped taking it. When my body finally clued in and started producing hormones, it was predominantly male hormones. So I developed terrible acne 20x worse than I had ever had in my life. Not only that but I also began growing facial hair, ON MY CHEEKS. It was like a peach fuzzy all over my face that made it look dirty. To h*ll with this stuff. What a freaking nightmare. Before Diane-35 I was athletic, happy and pretty. After Diane-35 I had gained 25 lbs, was depressed, hated myself and was starting to look like my brother.

If you're acne isn't severe, don't risk it. It fosters dependency on this medication. For anyone giving this drug a good review and hasn't tried to get off of it yet, I'm willing to bet that most of you will eventually change your tune.

Reviewed on September 5, 2012

I was originally on diane 35 and was switched to the generic brand a few months ago. I began birth control when I was 15 to help control my cramps and of course my acne. I did notice a big difference when I was 16 however now that I am 21 and have been put back on the actual diane 35, I have been through hell. Nothing but breakouts everywhere. I am getting breakouts on my chest, my back, and even down my arm! Just last week I had no pimples and now I have pimples everywhere.

The hormones that are in this pill actually cause breakouts before it corrects them. I would not recommend this product unless you can deal with the breakouts before it gets better, and that's IF it gets better.

This is not the product for me.

Reviewed on August 26, 2012

My doctor put me on this for 3 months it did work at first but then I stared getting ance all over my face instead of just my forehead, I started getting really mad and upset all the time, When i did get my period I was in so much pain, It made me loose my appetite and i was always nouseated and foods I would even just smell would make me sick I would not ever reccomend theese pills.

Reviewed on August 21, 2012

It makes me immaculately beautiful for a year i was on it but it came with a curse, I lost my BF for 3 years, my Friends and family because of this pill. It makes me crazy and delusional. Completely become a different person. Totally not worth it. BEWARE of this product!!!

by aieh on 11/11/2013 13:17
I have PCOS and I was on Diane for almost 8 years. it has an amazing effect on my acne which was severe before taking it and regular cycles. I couldn't imagine my life without it now since it really solved my problem . with PCOS if I leave Diane even for one month my acne will come back like a nightmare and my cycles will be irregular like before and this is really painful. though I heard that in France they banned using this pills and I'm a little worried about it right now and it's not a solution to solve my problem completely. it only fix it while you take it. right now I'm trying to go on low carbs diet which seems really works for many woman with PCOS but even thinking of stop taking Diane is scary for me since I hate to go back to the situation I had before. Diane didn't have any special side effects on me until now at least!
Reviewed on August 12, 2012

This will clear out your acne while you're on it.

However, as soon as you stop, your acne will become worse than it used to be.

I never had acne on my face before taking Diane 35. When I stopped it, I started getting persistent cystic acne on my cheeks. It's really only a quick fix which in the long run will damage your system in a irreversible way. I recommend you research "breakout after stopping the pill" and see for yourself how thousands of women have developped acne after stopping the pill. If I could go back in time I would have never taken this for my acne.

Reviewed on August 7, 2012

I have only been on this pill for about two weeks but I am alreayd having problems with it, I don't want to stop it because I really want to give a fighting chance on clearing up my skin but in the past two weeks I have been having extreme uncontrollable mood swings along with constant crying (which I can say with complete honesty that I only do about three times a year) I would not recommend starting this pill because it literally makes you crazy, the only good thing is that I have already noticed my breasts getting quite a bit larger in just the two weeks, which I would gladly give up to have my regular moods back!

Reviewed on July 26, 2012

I have very severe acne and nothing seemed to be helping. Tried the regimen, several rounds of antibiotics, but no luck. I knew I had hormonal acne and so my derm prescribed Diane 35 which cleared my acne completely in 7-8 months. I took it for 14 months and now, 2 months after stopping it, the acne's creeping back with 2 cysts on my chin :( It can differ from person to person depending on their hormonal balance once they stop the pill.

Reviewed on July 11, 2012

I have been on Estelle 35 ed, the generic brand of Diane 35, for 2 months, about to start my third packet in 3 days. I am a 20 year old girl, very fit and active. But for the past month particularly (when estelle really started to kick in) I have felt so off. I have felt really unwell and sluggish. SO tired, nauseas, headaches, sore muscles. And i have been craving foods i never have liked. I am usually so careful with my diet. But i have been eating non-stop! Just ravenous and the cravings are crazy. I got thrush which has only happend once before when i tried Yaz when i was 18. So all these symptoms are definitely from Estelle. I have been using Differin, which is a topical skin treatment and i think thats what has helped my skin. Because i havent noticed any real difference. It has only been 2 months so im sure if i waited and kept going with Estelle that eventually it may help but i cannot deal with the symptoms im getting. I feel like a completely different person. I read all the previous reviews on this page when i was in my first month of estelle and poo hooed it all i guess. But by my second month i can totally see where all these women are coming from. I cant even explain it but i am just not me. I am exhausted, cranky and feel generally unwell a lot of the time. I went and got a blood test to check if it was something else but i am healthy. it is all from the pill. Bottom line- It may agree with some people, but it certainly isnt agreeing with me. This is all about trial and error..so i will just have to try something else.