Page 4 of Diane-35 reviews

3.3/5 - 715 reviews

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Inactivel Ingredients:
Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Love-Hate Relationship. How much should you risk for beauty?
Reviewed on July 30, 2013

Since I've taken these pills for about 3 years, it's long enough to write a review!

I have PCOS. Have had acne for 8 years, tried Roaccutane (awesome results, but not permanent), all sorts of creams and gels, and Diane. I'm about to quit them because I don't want to depend on these pills forever and because I've realized now how much they've affected me emotionally. I'm a stable, jolly, peaceful kind of person... or I was, before taking these pills! I would like to recover my rational, active, optimistic side of me. Besides that, I don't think this is the healthiest way to control acne for the long term. And I don't like the slightly higher risk of thrombosis. As other people have said, taking these pills just masks the problem. I've been off them a couple of times, and every time, my skin would start getting worse again.

I should mention that I did not gain any weight, my libido did not decrease, and I think my periods have been lighter which is nice. My face looks better but it never cleared up completely. Especially one week before my period, I still break out.

Anyhow, I have been using Finacea (gel) for a month now and at the same time I started taking zinc, chromium and primrose oil. Right now my face is completely clear, I'm so happy about it. Hopefully I won't break out horribly now that I'm about to quit Diane. I've done lots of research now and I'm planning on taking DIM, continue with zinc, chromium, and maybe take some licorice extract, which in my case is supposed to help. I really recommend you to look for natural remedies before taking Diane! There are so many and it's worth the try. Taking supplements, exercising, drinking lots of spearmint tea and eating low GI has really helped me.

Good luck C:

PERSIST! All positives so far!
Reviewed on July 8, 2013

I am currently beginning my second packet of estelle-35. I have had terrible acne for about a year now (progressing worse and worse) and finally my doctor prescribed me this certain pill. Safe to say I have had only positive things to say about this pill so far. My boobs have gone up a crazy 2 sizes which I am so happy about ha ha....as for my skin it is breaking out quite bad lately but am persisting with the product as I have heard it can take 3-6 months to kick in as for skin improvement.

**DEPRESSION....i read these reviews before I purchased this pill and nearlly did not use this as for so many women saying that they had horrid mood swings and depression. I have so thankfully i tried it and I never been happier. I have struggled with depression for years and am so happy to finally keep my moods consistent and happier. Looking forward to seeing clearer skin...fingers crossed!

Check out the risks before you start taking Diane 35
Reviewed on June 28, 2013

It would be a lie to say that this contraceptive pill doesn't work. It worked perfectly for me for 5 years. I had beautiful clear skin, people commented on how lovely it was and I smiled, pretending it must just be good genes!

Then, after 5 years and at 28, I found a lump in my breast. I knew that taking the birth control pill could increase my risk of breast cancer. Luckily the tumor was benign but I still had to have surgery to have it removed and the type of lump it was means there's a chance it can come back, and that it could become cancerous.

Anyway, while I can't say for sure whether the lump was part caused by taking Diane 35, the experience did make me start to look into the side effects of taking this pill. I've always had problems with depression, but noticed the longer I was on this pill, the more depressed I was becoming. This pill is banned in France because it has direct connections to a small number of reported suicides (although experts say there could be more that go unreported).

When I came off the pill cold turkey I broke out massively, also my hair began to fall out and I lost about 50% of my hair I believe.

At the end of the day, all this pill is doing is masking your problems. As soon as you stop taking it, unless the underlying problem has been corrected, you will get your acne back.

The main ingredient in this pill is cyproterone acetate, an addictive substance that is also used to chemically castrate. As soon as you stop taking it your body is likely to react negatively.

I am currently weaning off this pill to try and counteract some of the side effects of getting off it.

Really research this pill before you decide to go on it. Yes, if you stay on it, your skin will probably be clear, but the effects will wear off as soon as you stop taking it. And you will have to stop taking it eventually!

Reviewed on May 27, 2013

I went on this after the doctor prescribed it for having my period to often .

fast forward 3 months and the only plus side to this pill is that it did clear my skin up ( had mild acne ) but still with the occasional breakout hear and there, but this pill did result in me being very depressed and also gaining 7 kgs. I felt bloated and hungry all the time and couldnt stop eating so no wonder i put on the weight, I also had stretch marks from the quick weight gain on my hips which didnt fade for 2 years.

I have had friends that have gone on this without a problem so it could of just been the pills reaction to me, im sure everyone responds differently.

Reviewed on May 25, 2013

Don't lose hope! I didn't have a problem with my skin until I started taking the birth control pill Levlen at the age of 17. I broke out like never before, and after a month on the pill I made the decision to stop taking it. My acne continued to get worse, so i went to see the doctor. She prescribed me Diane and I have been on the generic brand Estelle for nearly 6 months. At first the initial breakout was horrible.. and it continued to be so for about 3 months. I'am now coming to my 6th month and I'am acne free although my scars are still fading. Give it at least 4 months, that's how long it should take, and the initial breakout is well worth it in the longterm!!!! However, before you start make sure you have no blood clot history etc.

Reviewed on May 5, 2013

i do not recommend this pills. i took this diane pill for 6months for very mild acne.I am so happy seeing the result and receiving complements from other people about my skin, i started having hair fall during this period which i never thought cause by the pills. I stop the pill coz i am satisfied with my skin. After maybe 8months of stopping my hair falls continues and my acne came back 5X . I again decided to take 4months, cleared my skin but make my hair real thin ..freakin me out..i stop..after 4months i have moderate-severe acne now..and lots of hair fall....!!! i used to have thick and lustrous hair now its so thin and have the balding area on my forehead which is getting me deppressed!!! im trying to search other way to clear my skin as of this moment..im in minox and benzac..i hope it will help. Plz dont mess up with your hormones like i did! huhuh!!! hair transplant is expensive..

Reviewed on May 4, 2013

DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL, ive been on diane 35 for 7 months now and the cons definitely outway the pros. i was first taking the generic pill cyestra 35 for the first 6 months then switched to the diane 35 1 month ago to see if it was any different. Honestly, when I first starting taking cyestra my boobs got bigger and i gained 10 pounds. my acne got somewhat better but i was still getting zits so i decided to pay the few extra bucks for the diane. now after starting the diane a month and a half ago, ive gained another 10 pounds and my boobs are growing again. when i first started 7 months ago i was a size b now im almost a size d. Also when i was on the generic pill i was a little bit more moodier but ever since i started diane ive developed depression and have honestly considered killing myself a few times. These pills have made me crazy and although they help my skin some, im going to the doctor in a few days to see if its okay to stop them mid pack. I'm going to talk to my doctor about taking accutane, i'd rather take that for 6 months - to a year then be on these pills indefinitely!

Reviewed on April 22, 2013

the bottom line is that it worked for me. (i'm actually on estelle, which is a brand of diane, it's just cheaper!) i was skeptical, i'd tried everything, i had also tried loette, another form of pill for acne. i have been on it for just over two months now and my skin has drastically improved! i had terrible hormonal chin acne which was really, really red, and now i have no new noticeable pimples, only the bit of scarring that's going away now :) couldn't be happier! give it a go!

Reviewed on April 6, 2013

So for all the girls taking this bcp all I have to say is please be patient and look forward to the positive end result. It may be bad now but if your acne is hormonal this is a great solution, coming from someone who has tried everything. My doctor had even prescribed me accutane but I wanted to give this one last try before i did and I'm so happy i took the chance. My acne was absolutely horrible but finally after 10 years I'm beginning to feel confident in my own skin

by acnegirl0904 on 03/22/2014 21:21
Hi. Its my 7th week on this pill already and Im breaking out worse than my first moth on it. Is that normal? Did you experience that too?
Reviewed on March 20, 2013

It is a SHORT term fix, a bandaid that will make your acne so much worse when you stop it.

Diane is probably going to clear you out.

However, you will never be able to come off of it without breaking out and once you come off, your acne will get 10X worse.

I've been on and off diane for the past 7 years and before going on it, I had just a few breakouts which never stopped me from doing anything.

But that wasn't good enough, I wanted perfection. So I went on Diane and cleared out 100%. My Skin was flawless.

Long story short, after many years of taking this pill, I decided I wanted to stop injecting my system with hormones.

Ever since I stopped (8months ago) my skin has been breaking out like never before. I developped acne in places I've never had acne before.

My skin is suuuper oily and so is my hair.

I highly recommend you do not take this poison or any other birth control pill. It will completely mess up your hormones and you will regret it in the future.

I now feel a lot of regret and grief over my decision to take this pill. If I could go back in time I would have never started it.

I wish someone had told me this years ago. If you have a few breakouts, there are ways to live with them without messing up your entire system.

I hope this was helpful.

If you don't believe me, Google "dianette feels like it has been a total horror story".

Some girls have gone bald because of this evil pill.