Page 3 of Diane-35 reviews

3.3/5 - 708 reviews

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Inactivel Ingredients:
Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Worked for me
Reviewed on September 15, 2013

I was on Diane 35 since I was 17 (am 35 now). I was put on it due to acne and also a little of hair on face. It definitely worked for that as I have always been commented on my great skin and having had acne problems since. The hair on face decreased. I used to suffer from lots of clots during my period since I first got them but in this pill that stopped. I didn't have any issues with hair loss on my head and my moods were always good (eg didn't ever have PMS and no cramping either.)

I went off Diane 35 in January this year after I heard of the deaths and health risks after being in it do long. I went to my GP and whilst she wasn't concerned as I was we changed me over to Levlen. After two months on that I had to go off it as it turned me into a complete bitch (my poor husband!) and I was always depressed and crying. In the end we decided it was best for my health to go off all pills and just be careful. Finally after 6 months my body feels like its back in balance. A us was my periods were regular from the start and this hasn't changed. The only negative of going off the pill is that I have put on a good 10kg. Not good as I have been trying to lose weight so that we can start for a family. I have been eating healthy and better than when on the pill. Not sure why this is happening, the only thing I can put if down to is my hormones are still not in balance. I have had my thyroid checked twice as well as general check up and blood tests for other possible causes. Nothing wrong there at all.

We have decided to start for a baby now as being 35 turning 36 this year and after being on the pill so long, we don't want to wait any longer before trying. Fingers crossed it doesn't take long!

THIS BC IS NOT FOR EVERYONE
Reviewed on September 12, 2013

I started taking diane 35 in the last couple of days in april. I read few reviews on it before i took it some were bad some were good so i didnt know what to expect. My doctor prescribed it for me so i suspect it should have worked for me quite well. On the first day i was fine , second day i felt a little pain in my arm but i didnt think anything of it , on the 3rd day i started getting unusual pains in my arms and legs , and on some of the reviews i saw persons saying they had the same side effects, so i said well ok let me stop taking the pill before things get out of hand , but that same night i was rushed to the hospital .... thought i was having a heart attack because i didnt know what was going on with my body , my heart was racing felt it pumping through my neck , felt like i couldnt breathe , immediatly had a headache and thought i was going to pass out ....... doctor said it was an anxiety attack but they didnt had no evidence to prove that it was the pills that caused it .... but i guess the pills were to strong for me .... never had and anxiety attack in my life before and i heard diane 35 is known to have side effects like that , and heart palpitations ..... anyway , long story short ..i guess the diane 35 triggered something off and now i have hiatus hernia .... and that comes with pain , heart palpitations , and anxiety attacks ... but hey i keep praying and hopefully one day ill be healed ... because i do want to have kids ... and pregnancy right now is definately a risk

Diane 35
Reviewed on August 22, 2013

My daughter age 18 took Diane 35 for 11 months, it cleared up her acne, but not completely. She was not overweight, did not smoke, or drink coffee or alcohol. It was making her slightly nauseous, but this was somewhat normal for her as she did tend to become anxiety ridden, and was lactose intolerant. So we thought she may have been having other food related problems. As it turned out she had a massive bilateral pulminary embolism which came on quickly and she died within 2 days of her first cardiac arrest. She had no swelling in her legs, the only symptom was feeling tired. Her doctor did not know that when you take this drug that you should come off of it after 5 months or so to see how your skin is. My older daughter was on it as well, as soon as our younger daughter died, doctors tested our older daughters blood and it was also showing signs of clotting. She is off of it now and it took 6 months for her periods to return to normal. Her skin now breaks out occasionally, but after going to a naturopath, we have discovered that she needs to be glutin and dairy free. Cows milk is quite bad for acne. She can have goats milk and goat cheese. My advice to anyone taking this medication is to stop immediately and if you don't, at least have a thrombosis blood test to see what it is doing to your blood. We had no history of thrombosis. This drug has killed my daughter and destroyed my life, and I do not want it to hurt anyone else or have anyone else live this nightmare. My daughter was such a wonderful kind loving soul, creative, and always creating art, poetry, and a friend to all. She asked me to sign her donor card when she was 17, she lives on in 5 children to who her organs were donated as well as 2 children receiving her corneas. I realize that this drug makes billions of dollars for the drug companies and Health Canada has put warnings out, but still has not banned it. France has banned it, and the USA has never approved it. I hope this review helps women to make a better decision that we did.

Love-Hate Relationship. How much should you risk for beauty?
Reviewed on July 30, 2013

Since I've taken these pills for about 3 years, it's long enough to write a review!

I have PCOS. Have had acne for 8 years, tried Roaccutane (awesome results, but not permanent), all sorts of creams and gels, and Diane. I'm about to quit them because I don't want to depend on these pills forever and because I've realized now how much they've affected me emotionally. I'm a stable, jolly, peaceful kind of person... or I was, before taking these pills! I would like to recover my rational, active, optimistic side of me. Besides that, I don't think this is the healthiest way to control acne for the long term. And I don't like the slightly higher risk of thrombosis. As other people have said, taking these pills just masks the problem. I've been off them a couple of times, and every time, my skin would start getting worse again.

I should mention that I did not gain any weight, my libido did not decrease, and I think my periods have been lighter which is nice. My face looks better but it never cleared up completely. Especially one week before my period, I still break out.

Anyhow, I have been using Finacea (gel) for a month now and at the same time I started taking zinc, chromium and primrose oil. Right now my face is completely clear, I'm so happy about it. Hopefully I won't break out horribly now that I'm about to quit Diane. I've done lots of research now and I'm planning on taking DIM, continue with zinc, chromium, and maybe take some licorice extract, which in my case is supposed to help. I really recommend you to look for natural remedies before taking Diane! There are so many and it's worth the try. Taking supplements, exercising, drinking lots of spearmint tea and eating low GI has really helped me.

Good luck C:

PERSIST! All positives so far!
Reviewed on July 8, 2013

I am currently beginning my second packet of estelle-35. I have had terrible acne for about a year now (progressing worse and worse) and finally my doctor prescribed me this certain pill. Safe to say I have had only positive things to say about this pill so far. My boobs have gone up a crazy 2 sizes which I am so happy about ha ha....as for my skin it is breaking out quite bad lately but am persisting with the product as I have heard it can take 3-6 months to kick in as for skin improvement.

**DEPRESSION....i read these reviews before I purchased this pill and nearlly did not use this as for so many women saying that they had horrid mood swings and depression. I have so thankfully i tried it and I never been happier. I have struggled with depression for years and am so happy to finally keep my moods consistent and happier. Looking forward to seeing clearer skin...fingers crossed!

Check out the risks before you start taking Diane 35
Reviewed on June 28, 2013

It would be a lie to say that this contraceptive pill doesn't work. It worked perfectly for me for 5 years. I had beautiful clear skin, people commented on how lovely it was and I smiled, pretending it must just be good genes!

Then, after 5 years and at 28, I found a lump in my breast. I knew that taking the birth control pill could increase my risk of breast cancer. Luckily the tumor was benign but I still had to have surgery to have it removed and the type of lump it was means there's a chance it can come back, and that it could become cancerous.

Anyway, while I can't say for sure whether the lump was part caused by taking Diane 35, the experience did make me start to look into the side effects of taking this pill. I've always had problems with depression, but noticed the longer I was on this pill, the more depressed I was becoming. This pill is banned in France because it has direct connections to a small number of reported suicides (although experts say there could be more that go unreported).

When I came off the pill cold turkey I broke out massively, also my hair began to fall out and I lost about 50% of my hair I believe.

At the end of the day, all this pill is doing is masking your problems. As soon as you stop taking it, unless the underlying problem has been corrected, you will get your acne back.

The main ingredient in this pill is cyproterone acetate, an addictive substance that is also used to chemically castrate. As soon as you stop taking it your body is likely to react negatively.

I am currently weaning off this pill to try and counteract some of the side effects of getting off it.

Really research this pill before you decide to go on it. Yes, if you stay on it, your skin will probably be clear, but the effects will wear off as soon as you stop taking it. And you will have to stop taking it eventually!

Reviewed on May 27, 2013

I went on this after the doctor prescribed it for having my period to often .

fast forward 3 months and the only plus side to this pill is that it did clear my skin up ( had mild acne ) but still with the occasional breakout hear and there, but this pill did result in me being very depressed and also gaining 7 kgs. I felt bloated and hungry all the time and couldnt stop eating so no wonder i put on the weight, I also had stretch marks from the quick weight gain on my hips which didnt fade for 2 years.

I have had friends that have gone on this without a problem so it could of just been the pills reaction to me, im sure everyone responds differently.

Reviewed on May 25, 2013

Don't lose hope! I didn't have a problem with my skin until I started taking the birth control pill Levlen at the age of 17. I broke out like never before, and after a month on the pill I made the decision to stop taking it. My acne continued to get worse, so i went to see the doctor. She prescribed me Diane and I have been on the generic brand Estelle for nearly 6 months. At first the initial breakout was horrible.. and it continued to be so for about 3 months. I'am now coming to my 6th month and I'am acne free although my scars are still fading. Give it at least 4 months, that's how long it should take, and the initial breakout is well worth it in the longterm!!!! However, before you start make sure you have no blood clot history etc.

Reviewed on May 5, 2013

i do not recommend this pills. i took this diane pill for 6months for very mild acne.I am so happy seeing the result and receiving complements from other people about my skin, i started having hair fall during this period which i never thought cause by the pills. I stop the pill coz i am satisfied with my skin. After maybe 8months of stopping my hair falls continues and my acne came back 5X . I again decided to take 4months, cleared my skin but make my hair real thin ..freakin me out..i stop..after 4months i have moderate-severe acne now..and lots of hair fall....!!! i used to have thick and lustrous hair now its so thin and have the balding area on my forehead which is getting me deppressed!!! im trying to search other way to clear my skin as of this moment..im in minox and benzac..i hope it will help. Plz dont mess up with your hormones like i did! huhuh!!! hair transplant is expensive..

Reviewed on May 4, 2013

DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL, ive been on diane 35 for 7 months now and the cons definitely outway the pros. i was first taking the generic pill cyestra 35 for the first 6 months then switched to the diane 35 1 month ago to see if it was any different. Honestly, when I first starting taking cyestra my boobs got bigger and i gained 10 pounds. my acne got somewhat better but i was still getting zits so i decided to pay the few extra bucks for the diane. now after starting the diane a month and a half ago, ive gained another 10 pounds and my boobs are growing again. when i first started 7 months ago i was a size b now im almost a size d. Also when i was on the generic pill i was a little bit more moodier but ever since i started diane ive developed depression and have honestly considered killing myself a few times. These pills have made me crazy and although they help my skin some, im going to the doctor in a few days to see if its okay to stop them mid pack. I'm going to talk to my doctor about taking accutane, i'd rather take that for 6 months - to a year then be on these pills indefinitely!