Page 3 of Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 729 reviews

Brand: Diane-35

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Did not help at all!
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

I am 18 years old and I was put on this pill because of my unbalanced hormones, my acne was never really that bad and my weight was always average and hadn't changed in years, but my emotions had always been quite up and down. I read pages and pages of these reviews in hope that this would be my miracle pill. This pill broke me out in acne very badly and made me very very emotionally unstable and extremely paranoid, I thought I had some sort of terrible mental disorder, I thought I really was going insane! I also put on 7 kilo's in the few months that I was on Diane, and have gone up 2 dress sizes, but a week after stopping this pill I lost 2 kilo's and am still eating the exact same as before, yes my breasts did get bigger but that came with putting the weight on and they were extremely sore for the whole 2 months! I am a smoker and I was very worried about getting blood clots on this pill, I did get a lot of pains and cramps in my arms, legs and stomach during my time on the pill but nothing major resulted from them. I had high hopes for this pill but for me personally I think the side effects outweigh the pro's for this product! I did not lose hair after stopping this pill, my acne is slowly starting to go and my emotional state is on its way to recovery. I say go for it if it is a last option with your acne and if you're willing to put up with what may happen to your body!

great for skin that's it!
Reviewed on September 15, 2014

I've been on Diane for 3 months now and was on it about a year ago for the same amount of time. I'm now choosing to go off It after 3 months because last time I did this my skin was amazing for almost 6 months. The side effects of this drug are horrible for me. I'm so moody I almost cant handle it and my poor boyfriend. Sometimes I don't know who I am my moods are so weird. Its making my IC (interstitial cystitis ) worse and so I cant sleep at night so I'm beyond tired. I crave everything under the sun and have gained 5 pounds. My boobs have gone up 2 sizes a plus for some people but they are super sore most of the time. Hopefully after I go off this drug that my face will be clear like it did last time. I have a cleaning regiment for my face that is working great so going to keep that up. It's not good to stay on this drug for too long also as the long term side effects can really effect your body.

by Critta0985 on 03/13/2015 22:07
How did you go after stopping? I have had exact same side effects as you. Weight gain and my moods are horrific. :(
Working Progress
Reviewed on May 5, 2014

I've been taking diane-35 for 4 weeks now and I am happy to see that my face is clearing up. I guess it made my acne worse during my 3rd week on it. I had lots of big lumps of acne (cystic acne) on my cheeks and bit of smaller ones on my forehead and chin. Most of it already healed although there are scars left, it looks a lot better now. When it comes to side effects, so far I experienced headaches (at least twice) before my period. Also, I gained 10 pounds since I started taking diane-35. I'm having breast pain most of the time and my boobs actually looks bigger than it used to and there are a few times that I feel depressed. On the brighter side, my skin feels smoother. I don't know if the pills have something to do with it but my skin look fairer too. I'm so loving it!

by Gracy062602 on 08/02/2014 09:02
I have finished the first pack of Diane35, i am off pill 4 days now. I still have pimples on my forehead and chin. Is that normal?
by Gracy062602 on 08/02/2014 09:14
by Gracy062602 on 08/02/2014 09:20
by Shpresa994 on 11/28/2014 21:52
Diane 35 starts to work out after you finish three packs ,your acne starts to get better at the end of the secont packet and this treatmet lasts at least 6 month or nine month for completely treatment .if your acnes are gone after three months of using it you should use diane even three more months for acnes dissapering forever.that means if your acne are gone in three month you should use diane even three other month.good luck
Working so far
Reviewed on April 20, 2014

Im 16 and been on diane 35 for 9 days. I don't have bad acne but I do have some pimples on my cheeks and I've used everything to get rid of them but nothing worked so i knew it was hormonal so I got diane 35 the first 2 days I felt I was getting more pimples and the 3rd day I woke up and my hair was all over my pillow I was kinda scared but I still was taking the pill the 2nd day my hair stop falling out so I guess that was just a effect or something but it never fell out since but over all my face is getting so much better all those pimples I got when I first started using the pill are leaving and my face is starting to clear up so hopefully it keeps getting better

Good luck!

It saved my sanity
Reviewed on April 18, 2014

Dianne has worked miracles for me. I was on it for 8 years and decided to take a break. Worst mistake ever - after 6 months I was back to producing oily skin and terrible cystic acne on my chin and chest that would take many months to heal, and would leave purple scarring. I've now been back on the pill for 3 weeks and haven't had any major cystic acne breakouts, only tiny pimples - for me this feels like a miracle as I had started to get depressed with the state of my skin.

by dokmai on 08/19/2014 14:23
Hey there, I just took my first pill and I'm already thinking of stopping because of all the reviews about weight gain and how long Diane-35 takes to work (typically 3 months or more). Is this true? I have severe acne and I've been on antibiotics before, which worked wonders, however I think I'm immuned to it now so my acne is back. I'm really worried about the side effects of Diae-35. Does it really help to clear up your acne? And how long did it take for you? Also, what will happen after I go off the pills. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you so much :)
Side effects
Reviewed on April 12, 2014

I found that my side effects on this pill included headaches, boob growth and mood swings. Be aware that when you take this pill it will be different for everyone, but it has to get a lot worse before it gets better. Acne on my chest shoulders and back and face- especially forehead, broke out, and are still breaking out. It would clear up for a couple days, then break out all over again. Sister is taking at same time, and seems to be working for her. Depends on the individual I guess!

7th week
Reviewed on March 22, 2014

Its already my 7th week on this pill but my face has gotten worse than before. I hope it is just the breakthrough thing and my hormones will get used to the pill soon. I have so much faith on this pill since my doctor prescribed it to me so Im gonna stick to it. I cant wait for it to work. But I have to say that my face isnt oily anymore but it became dry. Nothing mosturizer cant fix.

by girach09 on 04/30/2014 04:56
I'm currently on my 7th week and my skin is terrible. Breakouts over my cheeks and dry skin. Did you stick with it and see any results?
by Lira86 on 09/09/2014 07:39
I'm currently on my seventh week and my face has gotten so much worse...wanted to know from which week did you start seeing improvements
by Lira86 on 09/09/2014 07:39
Using this pill for hair loss
Reviewed on February 10, 2014

So far I have been on this pill for 6 months. I'm taking this pill for female hair loss. My hair started thinning at about age 22 which was around the time I stopped Alesse and was going through a very stressful time in my life. I am now 28 and decided to give Diane a try. My hair was only getting worse and I read that Diane may help since it contains an anti-androgen. So far I don't notice much of a change in my hair. Still shedding a lot. Skin is still the same as well. I still get some pimples. I gained about 10lbs since starting this pill and I'm not sure if it is due to Diane or the Citalopram that I take for anxiety. This is the most I have weighed in my life. When I first started this pill I didn't get a period for 5 months, but had one after the 5th package. I had major bloating and gas at that time. No cramping just a lot of bloating. The bloating and gas continued for the rest of the 6th pack which I am almost finished.

First time user
Reviewed on February 8, 2014

It's my first day today using so I will be posting a lot if I have any symptoms etc . I've never used birth control before so we'll see how this goes. I'm using it to treat hormonal imbalance and acne on my body.

by dokmai on 08/19/2014 14:25
Hey there, I just took my first pill today and I'm already thinking of stopping because of all the reviews about weight gain and how long Diane-35 takes to work (typically 3 months or more). Is this true? I have severe acne and I've been on antibiotics before, which worked wonders, however I think I'm immuned to it now so my acne is back. I'm really worried about the side effects of Diae-35. Does it really help to clear up your acne? And how long did it take for you? Also, what will happen after I go off the pills. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you so much :)
my miracle drug!
Reviewed on February 7, 2014

So far during my teen years I havent had any severe acne until my senior year in high school. For the summer before the year started and up until prom I suffered really bad acne on my back and chest and forehead. Before this acne Id get cystic type acne where the pimple was giant and under my skin which honestly drove me insane because it hurt like hell and I couldnt get rid of it. After trying so many different items like cleanser and anti biotics for acne, that created short term results my doctor finally put me on Diane 35. Its been a little over a year and I almost gave up like 3 times. I only saw my acne worsening for the first 5 months and now my skin is clear, smooth, with less redness and so much more managable. Once in a while usually before my period I will get a pimple but a small one that lasts a day or two. I am a very active and healthy person and I can honestly say that this drug has boosted my self esteem through the roof. I am so happy with the results I would reccomend it to any girl out there suffering with acne that they cant get rid of.