Page 3 of Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 745 reviews

Brand: Diane-35

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

I just want clear skin NOW because I feel so fugly...
Reviewed on July 24, 2015

I've just recently started taking Chelsea-35 (generic brand) this month due to my PCOS. I've tried everything to cure my cystic acne around my chin and jaw line. I'm a vegan who eats very clean, I've tried so many over the counter products as well as antibiotics. I've been trying to cure this naturally but there is no hope when it comes to dealing with hormones. My doctor said I should take accutane but I'm so against taking it. It seems to be a short term cure rather than a long term one. Diane-35 was prescribed and the first week, my acne seemed the die down. Now, on my third week, my face has completely exploded. I avoid mirrors in public and really don't like looking at myself in the mirror at any point in time. I seriously can't bare how my face looks. From what I've read, this OCP seems to take an average of 4 months to kick in but I just want a fast solution! I feel so awful about myself but I think (and hope) this is the right solution and I just need to be patient. Any advice or similar situations?

by OneShoes on 07/24/2015 11:58
I've heard vitex is also a good supplement for women with PCOS to take but should I combine so many pills at once?
by Melaniemakayla on 07/24/2015 17:27
See the vegan twins on you tube that cut out oils and soy milk.. Their skin is so much better now! Worth a watch for sure and they have research about it that you apcan read xx please keep us updated
by OneShoes on 07/24/2015 21:35
Thank you so much! I'll definitely check them out!
Perfect for my Skin
Reviewed on July 10, 2015

Diane 35 worked amazingly for my skin, after about the third month my skin was amazing, I rarely got a spot and my scars had faded. I barely needed to even wear foundation anymore (a big thing coming from someone who normally didn't go out without lathering on my makeup). HOWEVER, on Diane I experienced seriously weight gain and put on about 10kgs in 5 months and struggled to lose the weight until I went off the pill. Would definitely still be on it if I didn't put on heaps of weight though.

by ElegantMosque on 08/22/2015 13:47
When you came off the pill did you find your skin problems came back??
Breaking Out Badly!
Reviewed on June 12, 2015

Ok so, I've just gone back on Diane 35 after having a 7 month break and I'm currently on my second pack and my skin is psycho!! However, thankfully people are talking about this because I actually didn't know that it got worse before it got better. I started Diane when I was in school around 17 years old for acne, but I don't remember my skin getting worse before it got better. However, I'm now 27 so I probably don't even remember that far back or took much notice anyway. But Diane never really cleared my skin completely like it did a lot of other people. I still got some pretty bad skin only on my chin/mouth area, but it was bad enough that I was put on Accutane twice, even though I was on Diane and it had already kicked in. However, my skin eventually broke out after both Accutane treatments (one when I was 18, the other when I was 19), which led me to believe that there is no cure for my acne, the only thing I can do is manage it. So I thought what could I do do get rid of these crappy break outs I keep getting as Diane only took the edge off. Well, I started using Proactiv, and I have to say it worked a treat. Combining Diane with Proactiv was like a god send, and I didn't get 1 hint of a pimple in like 4 years. Then I got all cocky and forgot what it was like to have bad skin, so I stopped using both. Anyway, I've had shocking skin for the past 2 years now because I was mis-diagnosed with 'perioral dermatitis' instead of adult acne which meant I couldn't just go on proactiv again, no skincare at all. Then I was thinking what if the pill made me get dermatitis?? But long story short I never had dermatitis, I had acne all along and Diane helped, but stopping Proactiv was the wrong thing to do. So there you have it. I've now been using Proactiv + for a while and love it. It can't stop those horrible hormonal acnes from coming up but it does help a lot. And the only reason my skin is so horrible now is because I've just started Diane again and thankfully have read other peoples experiences and realised that it's because of Diane that I am breaking out. I"m hoping once it kicks in and combining the pill's benefits to Proactiv that I'm already using, my skin should go back to its former glory. The key is to use a formula like Proactiv that has a small dose of BP, but that is a light exfoliator to get off the dead skin cells and get down into the dermis and clean it out, preventing potential pimples. Also, Salicylic acid helps a lot, and the new Proactiv formula has that in its moisteriser. I just wish I could fast forward time and bypass this whole crazy break out period from Diane!!!

There is hope!
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

I started my first phase of Diane-35 around February, 2012. I had severe acne which wasn't limited to my face- shoulders, back, and scalp were also badly affected. I started seeing results after 5 months, when big, and horrific acne were less recurring. By the start of spring 2013 I had clear skin, and great hair. Since my doctor prescribed me the medicine for 1.5 years, I decided to complete my course and then went off it around February, 2014.

The real problem started after I stopped Diane. My acne came back worse than ever, and I had added depression. When I was on Diane I was very normal, even cheerful because it really helped to stabilise my hormones. I guess it must be some sort of withdrawal symptoms, that I had severe depression. I went back on Diane during July, 2014 for a 8 month course, so I was done by February,2015.

So far, it has worked wonderfully to stabilise my hormones, and get rid of acne and depression. I'm still carefully monitoring my skin to spot recurrences, and so far all is well. I still get a few bumps and stuff, but it isn't as horrifying, because mind you, mine was acne vulgaris of the nasty type. The mild acne disappears within a few days.

One thing my doctor (endocrinologist) repeatedly told me was not to depend too much on Diane to regulate my hormones. I was strictly told to workout and stay active everyday, so that I don't become too dependent on medicines. And believe me, it works.

Diane will work differently for everyone, because we are dealing with hormones after all, but don't be disheartened if its not effective after 3 or 5 months. Be patient. And if you do get depressed, remember that its only the medicine, not you. There is hope.

Good luck!

by 518e2e6c156c57b56dda880c45af5617 on 06/12/2015 05:40
Hi, did you break out initially when you started using Diane again? Because I've broken out badly and I'm on my second pack, and it's acne that I wouldn't usually get. Also, I noticed around the 5 month mark after going off Diane the first time my skin was getting worse and worse so that's why I've decided to go on. Exercise does work but I've gotta have clear skin before I can even think about hitting the gym! lol
How much longer?!
Reviewed on April 21, 2015

I have just finished my 3rd month on Estelle 35 which is the generic version of Diane 35 (exactly the same thing one is just cheaper). I am so close to giving up because i'm not sure how much longer i have to wait until i see results. I have not seen ANY results on Diane, i don't feel my acne has gotten any worse or better.

I don't have any cystic acne my acne only consists of small bumps on my forehead that are under the surface of the skin and don't really rise above it yet NEVER seem to budge.

In terms of side effects i have noticed many perhaps 1-2kg weight gain nothing drastic, my period still seem to run for a good 6-7 days. I'm not really sure if this is normal because i know that it's meant to shorten your period..

Hoping Estelle 35 kicks in soon because i have read so many good reviews on it.

by 518e2e6c156c57b56dda880c45af5617 on 06/12/2015 05:41
Hi, I think your acne gets worse the first 3 months, then it gets better by your 4th packet, and by the 6 month mark it should be working properly. I'm going through the exact same thing as you so hang in there!
Work in Progress
Reviewed on April 2, 2015

I'm 18 years old, female and just finished my 3rd month of a generic brand of Diane, same thing though. If you're reading this you're either:

A) Thinking of getting on Diane

B) Already on Diane and wondering when it's gonna start working!

or, C) Looking to see if your side effects are normal.

MY ACNE:- I have had moderate acne for about three years now, generally my pimples are big and blind (underneath the skin), take ages to surface and then ages again to repair so when I get one it's almost kind of devastating. After that I usually get a cluster around the initial mother pimple which sucks too.

RESULTS SO FAR:- I'm posting this just to let you know (whoever may be reading this) that I'm not one of the lucky ones who has achieved perfectly clear skin after only one to three months of using this drug. Since being on Diane, I honestly think my acne has gotten worse, not a crazy amount, but it hasn't improved just yet. This doesn't mean however that it won't start working very soon! Most of the reviews I've read only notice a difference between the second to fifth or sixth month. After all, it is a hormonal treatment and your body must adjust to it. This may involve random breakouts that aren't like the ones you've had previously, they may be in different areas or of a different volume. Don't freak out! it's pretty normal and they will clear.

SIDE EFFECTS:- Personally, I have experienced some of the common side effects such as trouble getting to sleep (not too bad or often), mood swings and breast growth/ soreness. I honestly do believe that the mood swings I've been having can be controlled with a mind-over-matter mentality, take a deep breath and calm down or watch a sad movie and have a cry! It's okay to be a bit temperamental unless it's leading you to harm yourself or others. If you're looking to try Diane but are nervous about the side effects, just try it. You can stop taking it at any time if the side effects (if you have any) become too much for you. I haven't even had results and I'm not bothered by the side effects!

THE TRUTH ABOUT OTHER REVIEWS:- Don't freak out when you read reviews that seem incredibly bad, everyone reacts differently and many are very quick to not only slam a drug that didn't work for them, but they're obviously going to exaggerate their story to sway the minds of those who are interested in taking Diane because they're angry with their result after spending time and money for it! Acne can be exhausting, frustrating but also expensive.

All I'm saying is that if you're at two or three months with no result, persist. I'm going to update this review when I finish my 6th month of Diane because I feel it's important to share my story.

Good luck, I know how tough it can be but you're not alone x

by MC6 on 04/15/2015 11:43
I just finished my first pack and I have not noticed any changes so far, starting the second in a few days though. Your post was really helpful since I do feel this medicine can improve my acne problems. Thanks for sharing and please, keep us updated! I will do the same.
by 518e2e6c156c57b56dda880c45af5617 on 06/12/2015 05:45
Hey! I'm on my second pack and my skin is worse than ever! First month was fine but second is not fun at all. I'm 8 days in and on the worst day break out wise. But I've been on this pill before and it actually did work for me, I just didn't remember my skin ever getting worse before it got better but I guess thats the case here. I heard 4th pack it gets better, then by the 6month mark it should start having noticeable results, which is what the info in the pack says anyway. Hang in there!!
I believe Diane35 will give me a happier life
Reviewed on March 21, 2015

It's my second week of using Diane 35. I suffered from severe acne on face, and all over my trunk including my butt. They are all healed but they left severe dark spots, hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation. I have different skin problems on body that cause me to be depressed. I used different products but they didn't work on me. I used very expernsive antibiotic.. Well, it's effctive but I can't use it forever for health and financial reasons. Then I saw good reviews about diane35 so I decided to try it. It's my second week now..I noticed I have less oil on face and hair whenever I wake up in the morning.. My face is getting better I guess..not so sure. i will have to wait for 4-5months before I can be sure if it really works on my acne. About the sude effects? Well, I noticed my breasts are getting bigger..wow! i love it! And was really moody before I use diane3 but to my surprise.. I am more emotioally stable now. No depression at all, I don't ger angry too fast and eerything is like easy for me to do.. I don't know but it works well in changing mg mood. From having mood swings to a happy me! I know not all users of diane35 don't feel the way like I do. I am so excited to see more good results in the next months!

I will update u guys!

by racqz on 05/28/2015 09:56
I already stopped diane 35 coz' I can't affort it now that I am jobless. Well, as I expected, oil all aver my body came back. My face is sooooo oily even 10 mins after I wash my face...seriously. And the worse thing is...big acne are starting to appear and are really hard to heal. I resigned as a private teacher to seek a better job but I can't be hired because of that "with pleasing personality" coz I don't have it. I am so depress now. I am jobless and feeling so ugly. My long distance bf will come to visit me and when I think of it..I wanna die coz' I feel so ugly. My face and body is so disgusting. I wanna talk to someone to overcome this depression. I thought of ending my life coz' I feel so hopeless and useless. Who ever has a concern heart there..pls I need someone to lean on...kindly contact me on skype doria_racquel ...this life is like a mess for me. I hate myself!
by 518e2e6c156c57b56dda880c45af5617 on 06/12/2015 05:48
Hey girl, I didn't notice any big difference until my second pack when it made my break out like crazy!! But I know it will get better cos I've been on it before. It just takes time. Also, a lot of the reviews have said their skin gets worse before it gets better so I'm pretty sure its from the pill. So if by the second month your skin gets worse, dont worry it should pass by the 4th or 5th month
by sina27 on 07/01/2015 21:46
@racqz strangely coincidental enough im jobless now and in a long distance relationship. I came onto this page because im suffering from terrible acne on my face( which used to be pretty flawless) and neck for the past 3 months. I was feeling super depressed but i managed to overcome that. I realised that if someone truly loves you, they will still love you the same regardless of how you looked on the outside. And i always reminded myself of one thing that there are soo many ppl out that who are way worse than i am. They have deadly diseases and im having skin problem and financial crisis. All im saying is Dear, hang on. Have faith. Life will definitely get better one day. You will overcome all these challenges you have before you, and live the kinda life you want to live. Be patient. And i may not know you but i think u r a truly beautiful person :) Be happy always.. Take care
I would never recommend this.
Reviewed on March 13, 2015

I am 17 years old and have had medium to severe acne since I was 11. I have tried everything out there, prescription, non-prescription, high-risk, home remedies, laser treatment and nothing has worked. nothing. My doctor suggested I go on birth control (For migraines and terrible menstrual pains) but he said it would help with my acne too. This made my skin break out into terribly huge painful cystic pimples. Everywhere. On my shoulders, back, chest, and on places in my face that weren't affected by acne before. I tried the full three months I had been prescirbed for, hoping that it would get better but it didn't at all. My period cramps were so painful I couldn't walk. My face was so oily and painful I didn't want to leave my house from embarrasment. And I had extreme mood swings and depression during and since I have stopped Diane-35. My period cramps have only gotten worse since I have stopped, and my acne is just as bad or worse than while I was on Diane-35. This product messed with my hormones so much that nothing has worked to get it back to normal. I stopped talking it 5 months ago.

by robertathaise on 05/17/2015 08:03
Problably you have pcos !
perfect skin, no side effects
Reviewed on February 26, 2015

Years of antibiotics and topic products could not do what this product has done for my skin, which is to remove not only acne but blackheads.

Pros: perfectly Clear skin

reduced PMS

reduced period pain

thicker hair

slightly fuller chest

Cons: 1 kilo (2 pounds) water weight gain

by Critta0985 on 03/13/2015 21:56
Can I ask how long have you been on it?
Diane 35--Only works whilst you are on it.
Reviewed on January 30, 2015

I took Ginnete 35 , generic version for two years when i was 25 and my face went from sand paper to baby bum smooth. I also looked very feminine and had this glow happening. I was very pretty on the outside but on the inside i was not happy. The mood swings were not a joke, i could cry at absolutely anything and my libido was just not there.. my cervical mucous was so white and sticky the whole time i was on Diane so sex was very much not enjoyable and dry-ish for me..oh and my hair was not growing anymore. When the time came for me to try for a baby , i stopped Dianne and thats when all hell broke loose...i could not conceive for a good 1 year 2 months and the acne was coming back slowly but surely.. the once glowing skin was now very oily.. libido came back..hair grew back, my moods wings got better..in short i just got back to what i was..except that i could not conceive. . Then i went to the Derma who prescribed tetralysal. I used it for 4 months then had to stop because i started having severe stomach cramps.. when i went to get these checked.i was diagnosed with colitis and they also found out that I was two weeks pregnant. So i stopped taking Tetralysal...and miscarried the baby at 8 weeks. I then went to a fertility clinic and they prescribed Glucophage because they said i had developed PCOS and found 2cm fibroid which i never had before Dianne 35 because my mensus was very much on time and i would know when i was ovulating and when i was not. Anyway I stopped all acne treatments and concentrated on trying to get a baby. Though my acne had stabilized whilst on tetralysal, I could tell it was starting to get worse but the rate was very slow maybe because of the Glucophage. Within two months of glucophage, i fell pregnant...my acne got better as i remained on the glucophage. When i gave birth, it was hell on earth,.the acne just got bad..three times worse that it originally was. I went back to the derma and was put on Erymicin, Skinoren, Retin A and a cream for scars with 4% hydroquinone. Things improved drastically but my derma ackowledged me that it was temporary because once i stop all this, the acne will just come back again . so she offered to put me on accutane once i finshed breastfeeding. I breastfed for a yr and have started my accutane treatment and its only been three days without any problems. I will not be taking birth controls with this and my birth control method will be using abstinence and condoms. will write a review on the accutane once iv completed treatment