Page 2 of Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 749 reviews

Brand: Diane-35

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Good for acne, possibly you will need to switch to other pills after one year
Reviewed on April 16, 2016

Where I live, this pill is known as "Diane Nova". I began to use it at the beginning of year 2015 (February), at the age of 22 and used them until the start of the year 2016 (also February). I've been suffering from acne since I was 12 years old, and when I was 22 my skin problems had been hurting my confidence for a good 10 years. I've even tried Accutane (at the age of 17-18, known in here as Roaccutan) but the results were not permanent, and my acne returned almost immediately after finishing the 1-year treatment. Because of the price and the unsatisfying results, I did not give it another go.

During using these pills I had very little side effects that would be associated with the use of birth control. I experienced that my face and hair started to be less greasy than before. By 6 months of using, my face was pretty much completely clear - I'd no longer get the painful, big bumps that I used to have under my skin several at a time. Now I would only get possibly two tiny pimples at a time, during that time of the month. My mood and confidense improved after this.

After almost 1 year of using, I started to experience pain during and after intercourse. I went to the doctor and she told me it was dryness caused by the hormones in Diane pills, and that it was not uncommon. She said that people usually switch to another birth control pill after their acne has cleared, commonly by about a year of using Diane, and prescribed me another pill. I switched to another pill known as "Femoden" and my skin has remained clear after after switching. I'm now 23. My chest and back are finally completely free of acne, too. On my face I only get tiny pimples occasionally.

From my experience, I warmly recommend birth control pill as a treatment for acne. It cleared my skin and it takes care of contraception, I plan to use birth control pills until I wish to have children, so I can not speak from experience if the acne will stay gone after quitting birth control - only that I remained clear after switching to another pill. However, because of side effects the same pill/method may not work for everyone. I feared to get side effects, but experienced almost none. For me it did get worse before it got better, the doctor told me that clearing would take 6+ months. I hope you find the treatment that works for you! In my journey I have lost hope at many points. Hang in there!

by Acutie2342( on 06/12/2016 11:05
Helo I'm on dianne and I'm on month 2 and I feel like my acne is worse. How was yours at 2 months. How long did it take to clear
Great for acne but is it worth it? It's up to your own personal chemistry makeup.
Reviewed on April 15, 2016

I've suffered with the dreaded acne curse since I was 12yrs old. I'm now 21. It's wreaked havoc on every area of my life and i've had to go through countless prescription creams, natural medicines, 3 different antibiotics at very high doses, yasmin pill, facials, light LED therapy ect with limited to no success.

When it reached it's peak in 2013 I decided to go on Diane-35. Although hesitant to try it from my past experience with the YAZ pill that made me suicidal I took it for a year and it GREATLY improved my skin. I would hardly ever have more than two spots on my face at one time. I stopped it a few years ago and only recently has it started to break out again.

SO I started taking it again a month ago. I've never felt this mentally ill from a pill since taking YAZ. Since the first day taking it my anxiety has been through the roof, for no given reason whatsoever. I can't sleep at night and have resorted to taking phenergan to knock me out cold. During the day my anxiety is no better- I have shooting pains of anxiety through my hands and feet. I've also felt very nauseous and sick this time around- my stomach feels unsettled and the first day I took it I felt like I needed to vomit.

I remember the last time I took Diane-35 the emotional side effects were not as pronounced as they are now but they were still there. It was more depression than anxiety. The day I stopped taking it the clouds lifted and I felt like my lively self again. I plan to stop taking it today and hopefully the same will happen. For acne i'm going to start taking 'Spironolactone' and hope that it doesn't cause mental disturbances to this effect.

Little improvement
Reviewed on March 2, 2016

I have just finished my second month on Diane 35. I get painful cystic breakouts on my chin before/during my periods. I also find I get severe mood swings during my periods now. When I am not on my period I feel fatigued no matter how much sleep I get. I will endure this medication until the 4th or 5th month. I am taking this pill in combination with Aczone gel. Aczone gel is great for treating breakouts and reducing all scarring. My face does get dry around my nose, which could be due to either medication. When I am past the 6th day of my menstrual cycle I do notice my acne is a lot better. Although, my period during my second month of Diane 35 was a week late and I noticed my monthly breakout was more severe.

best skin in years, used to have severe acne
Reviewed on January 6, 2016

2015 was my worst skin year. I've battled acne since I was 12 and I turn 20 in 2016. In 2015 I had deep, painful, cystic breakouts all over my temples, cheeks, chin and jaw and whiteheads on my forehead. So I started taking zinc, vitamin d3, and Womensense Saw Palmetto Plus since my acne is hormonal. Saw Palmetto Plus contains vitex and saw palmetto. I also tried evening primrose oil but that didn't help so I stopped that after a month. So I took zinc, d3, and saw palmetto plus for almost two months and that cleared 80 percent of my cysts but I still had a lot of tiny pimples or closed comedones and maybe 5 cysts at once.

Then Diane 35, which I started over two weeks ago. I've experienced no side effects so far. I was scared to take it because I didn't want to get an initial breakout. I'm an actor so it's imperative that I have smooth skin. I stopped the saw palmetto plus to take diane 35 which I worried about since the saw palmetto helped my skin so much. But I've had no initial breakout on diane 35! My skin improved further. Now, I only have 4 active spots and they're relatively small compared to what I suffered last year in 2015. I feel my skin with my hands and it's the smoothest it's been in 4 years. I still have a few closed comedones but not nearly as much as before.

I have PIE (post inflammatory erythema red marks) and boxcar acne scars. I plan on going on isotretinoin since I know birth control is not a permanent cure. But I am so happy with the skin I have right now. PS I have Asian skin and I eat a pescetarian and often vegan diet. The only difference I've noticed from diane 35 is being even more prone to constipation but it could also be what I've been eating. Flax seeds usually do the trick if you have constipation. I'm still taking zinc and d3.

by greenapplecider on 01/08/2016 22:01
I have now started isotretinoin/Accutane. Still on diane 35 as well.
by sexiwhiterice on 06/18/2016 16:52
Quit using that stuff. You are what you eat. I'm half asian. So I know what you're talking about. Eat more probotic foods, drink homemade fruit juice. Look up amla fruit. I use other fruits too and make my own drink. You need to detox your blood. Look up schishandra berries. Know in TCM to detoxify the body. Garden of like vitamins all made with veggies, no animal by products, all have probotics in them. If you can donate your blood so your body can create new blood. Good when you start changing your diet. Also onion and garlic. Water. Lemon water. I'm currently taking Spiro. I will try this diane 35 instead of spiro.
Amazing for acne. Not worth the side effects.
Reviewed on December 9, 2015

It took 6 months for me to become clear on this medication, and the only way for it to keep working is to keep taking it. I gained 30 pounds, and my breasts grew MASSIVE!!!!!!!! But in a very uncomfortable way! They had big hard cystic lumps in them and were super painful for the entire year I was on diane 35, the breast pain would wake me in the middle of the night and they hurt every time I rolled over because the lumps in them were tugging my breast tissue. I also had bad constipation and heart palpitations from the medication too.

I kept taking this medication because I had suffered from severe acne for 8 years and nothing ever worked to clear my skin. The cyperatone acetate in diane-35 is breathtaking at preventing acne and I was really emotional when I decided to stop taking it because I kissed my clear skin goodbye within a month of quitting diane. But the side effects were terrible for my health and I had to put that first over clear skin.

What I have had good luck with now in clearing my skin is one course of accutane about a year ago NO SIDE EFFECTS and now continuous birth control paired with spironolactone for maintenance ;) Haven't had a problem with this yet

by sexiwhiterice on 06/18/2016 16:56
Well, I don't like spiro. Makes my skin too dry. Sounds like maybe your estrogen dominate? I'm not. I definitely will try diane 35. Sorry to hear about your experiencea though. :(
Reviewed on December 7, 2015

I went on Diane 35 2,5 years ago and from the 4 month my face was completely cleared up! After 1,5 year of using the pills, I stoped them and in almost 6 months acne came back a hundred times worse..

In April 2015 my doctor prescripted me Diane 35 once again.. And the real problem began when I started taking them.. I was breaking out in a very unusual way as a result to have a dipression..

I started noticing results after 4,5 months, Now I'm on 7 month and I see a massive difference, but my face isn't clear yet.. I still have some red pimples..

When my skin is going to be flawless? I'm losing hope..

by lenz95 on 05/21/2016 07:55
Did it work again for you? having the same issue right now
is it really effective?
Reviewed on September 29, 2015

i've been using this diane35 pill for almost a month but i notice nothing, no changes on my acne prone skin..i still got this few acne on my forehead and lower part of my face and the worst I have some breakouts on my back which is sometimes painful and very uncomfortable..I'm wondering if its potency will be notice after a few months of usage? and is there a right time when to take the pill for its most effective result?both for acne treatment and birth control. Please advice...(i cannot give any recommendations yet or discouragements because i just started to use this pill)

by 10BrighterDays404 on 12/08/2015 01:42
Hang in there, i've been using for a month too...everyone says it takes about 6 months for perfection. My doc did recommend that i take the pill in the morning about the same time every day...dont lose hope hang in there
Reviewed on September 29, 2015

i started using diane a month ago and i discontinued after about two weeks. then again i started using the pill this month when i got a week early period (12th september) again i discontinued due to the severe migraine and headaches. and m bleeding since. (not heavily)

please advise.

thanks in advance,

Need reassurance please!!
Reviewed on September 21, 2015

Help me!!!

I've suffered severe acne since I was 12, I'm now 36. This last few months its gone absolutely crazy.

My Dr finally let me go on Estelle35. I'm only just finishing up my 1st strip(month) but it's gotten even worse!!. My acne was usually localised on my chin/mouth area. Now it's attacking around my nose, huge awful multipling cysts!

I'm struggling to stay positive. Please how long until I see any results? Does it get worse before it gets better??

by RLVH on 09/22/2015 08:02
Hello, I have also just started my second month and my acne has become 10X worse and i am getting it in areas i never used to! If you find out if we should wait it out or stop can you let me know because this is terrible :(
by RLVH on 09/22/2015 08:02
by PBM on 09/22/2015 11:24
Ok I'm just starting my 2nd month, so we're roughly at the same point. I'm exactly the same 10x worse & new affected areas. I know :( its so awful & it's so depressing. I'm going to try push through though, maybe this is normal? Reading others comments they saw results at 3rd/4th month. We can try support each other through this terrible stage & keep each other updated on results? A understanding, sympathetic buddy might b helpful :)
by Chris0016 on 05/03/2016 20:55
Did it get better? I started taking Diane 2 weeks ago and I developed some cystic pimple :( it's so sad cuz prom is next week and I'm completely depressed. Did it get better after the second month?
Worked for acne, not worth the side effects.
Reviewed on September 14, 2015

It took a while but my acne did almost completely clear up by the end of my third package. Too bad it made my period last the whole three months. After I stopped because the side effects were too bad, my period got heavier and proceeded for another week (in which time my acne also returned). I was excited when my doctor prescribed it to me with the promising notion that my period may get better. And for some people it does. But I was not warned about the chance of an abnormally, frustratingly long period. Which turns out to be common. So my doctor told me AFTER a long three months of constant anxiety and confusion.

Conclusion: This pill worked for my acne. But be warned that side effects DO occur. And consult a doctor as soon as you experience any worrying ones (I waited far too long because I was far too hopeful).