Page 2 of Diane-35 reviews

3.3/5 - 704 reviews

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Inactivel Ingredients:
Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Too many risks
Reviewed on January 5, 2014

I was on Diane for about 5 months. During that time I really didn't see any improvement in my skin. Not only that, but seeing reports and testimonies on the side effects and how dangerous they can be made me stop taking it. I don't want to risk it. Plus I have no health coverage so it was expensive as hell. I'm on a normal generic birth control now, Tricyclene Lo (if that's how you spell it) because I still need to be on the pill. It's not specifically for acne like Diane is but maybe in a couple months it will help to clear my skin up as I've heard most bc's do.

Didn't work.
Reviewed on December 26, 2013

I started using Dianne to get rid of my hormone pimples that wouldn't leave my chin area. I took the pill for about 6 months and unfortunately it didn't work for me. The pimples lessoned but were still there and I had to stop taking it when I started getting migraines ( which my doctor said was most likely from the pill) When I stopped taking Dianne my migrains/ head aches stopped.

Everyone is different though. Give it a go. It might work for you.

It works, but too many side effects
Reviewed on December 25, 2013

I took a generic form of Diane-35 for about 18 months due to endometriosis. I bought it cheap through working at a pharmacy, so it worked out to be about $12 AUD, but at other places it's generally at least $20.

It helped a lot with reducing cramps and improved my skin, as a bonus. It made it really smooth, got rid of most acne, and reduced oiliness. This made it a lot easier to put on makeup, and I didn't have to blot my nose as frequently to remove shine.

I did notice that I felt more vague and a little moody on it. Just not quite myself. Eventually I had to change pills because of migraines - they started very gradually and slowly got worse, and I had no idea they were caused by the pill! Changing to Norimin-28 has mostly got rid of the migraines, but now my skin isn't nice anymore :(

What can I say? It works.
Reviewed on December 13, 2013

I have to give this medication 5 stars. I'm aware that there are risks with this medication, just as there are risks whenever you take any birth control or medication of any kind. I was prescribed Diane-35 because I went to see my doctor about my acne. He determined that it was hormonal acne and told me to give this medication a try. That was a year ago. I had skin so oily that I couldn't wear make-up (it would melt off my face in oily patches throughout the day), but so much acne, redness, and irritation that I felt I couldn't leave my house without covering it up. I tried everything - every kind of acne cleanser, cream, gel, spot treatment...I was so fed up with spending so much time and money on a perfect skin care routine, only to see no results. Benzoyl peroxide helped a little bit with the pimples, but more always appeared and the amount of oil that my skin was producing was just horribly excessive. The texture of my skin was bad too; it was bumpy and rough. After I went on Diane-35, I expected something to happen. Nothing did, for three months. I didn't experience any negative side effects, but I didn't see an improvement in my skin either. Then, around month 3 or 4 of taking it, I started to notice that my skin was producing less oil than before. I could wear make-up on my face without it completely melting off! After 6 months of the medication, my skin truly started to clear up, the acne faded, and my skin became more smooth and soft. I've been taking it for a year now, with no noticeable negative side-effects. I truly believe that it is the only reason that I have clear skin today, and I am so grateful to both my doctor and this medication. I have so much more confidence now, and I highly recommend discussing this with your doctor if you believe that you have a hormone imbalance that is causing acne. I realize now that I must have had an excess of male hormones, which Diane-35 helped take care of. While I understand that some people have experienced negative side effects from this drug, I truly haven't. It's worth a talk with your doctor to find out if it's something you might want to look into getting.

I DONT KNOW.....
Reviewed on October 26, 2013

Okay... Since i was 13years old Ive taken ALESSE birth control, ive always had pimples in my back and a few in my face.. But when I left my boyfriend that i was with for 5 years(at 18 years old), i started to break out like CRAZY... I couldnt even see my chin no more, even my parents mentioned to me that i have so much pimples now(not in a mean way lol).. my mom told me to wait because it was probably just because of stress.. but then.. I couldnt no more, i had to do something, without makeup my face was AWFUL i was so ashamed, so my doctor told me to take DIANE 35...

Okay when you first take diane 35, YOU WILL GET MORE PIMPLES BEFORE IT GETS BETTER, for 3months i was going crazy i thought it wouldnt work.. but then.. 4months it stopped, 5months almost gone, 6months TOTALLY GONE, no more pimples im telling you, only scars of course but NO PIMPLES NEVERRR not even when im about to be in my period, my back is clear and everything(but i kind of got alot of blackheads on my chin), but then.. i started to read the reviews on internet and realized how terrible this pill is.. Im ALWAYS tired, i never had migrains but since this pill OMG ive got the biggest migrain EVER.. i honestly thought my head was about to explode.. i had headaches about 3times a week, ive gain weight(about 10lbs) at first but then it went back to normal, I had more cramps the 1-2 days of my period but my periods were only 2-3days but ive always had short periods like 3-4days. I LOST HAIR... I have very THICK hair thats why it "doesnt show much" but my boyfriend just yesterday told me that im kind of losing hair on the side (where the forehead) .... when i take a shower AU BUNCH OF HAIR FALLS OUT.. even when i brush my hair...and i think i got more body hair that grew?... I got more emotional.. honeslty THIS PILL IS NOT WORTH IT... I took DIANE 35 for 2years(wish i never touched it)...the only good thing about it is that IT DOES WORK to remove pimples but the side effect ARENT WORTH IT...the pill is 40$ here in Canada. now i went back to see my doctor because i told her i wantedd to stop this poison and anyways because of my migrains she said its dangerous i have to change and she gave me ORTHO CYCLEN ive been on it for 4days now... no pimples yet.. I HOPE NOT.. but yeah... Dont take diane 35 please.. i would even say to take ACCUTANE because DIANE 35 is only a band-aid.... i wish i never took it.. im now 20years old and you dont even know how much i HOPE i wont get back into having pimples everywhere.. [Im gonna write an update about how its going since i stopped and how its going on ORTHO CYCLEN].

******************** UPDATE ********************

So i just finishes my second pack of ORTHO CYCLEN, No pimples at all.. Not as tired as before, no headache but i have more oily skin. No mode swing (or maybe at the first pack, but not sure).. I didnt gain weight, ehm, honestly nothiing bad to say about ORTHO CYCLEN, im actually happy for now that i changed pill. im gonna do another update in about 2months :)

Won't continue this product
Reviewed on December 4, 2013

I didn't really give this pill a chance because I don't think that I could have dealt with the effects a second time around. I went through only one pack so I obviously saw no change in my acne, except the fact that it got worse for the first few days, then went back to its normal state. My boobs got really full and sensitive, my bras didn't even fit properly. I thought that would go away, but it lasted the entire 21 days and so did the bleeding. It was not as heavy as a period but it was definitely heavier than the occasional spotting. I had cramps and felt like I was on my period during the entire 3 weeks. The pill also made me really sensitive and sometimes I cried for no reason at all. I also felt so depressed that I did not even want to go to work. I felt tired throughout the day, and found it hard to focus at my job. I'm 21 and I've only had a migraine once in my life, when I started taking Diane I would have migraines at least twice a week, every week. I don't know if my body would have adjusted or became accustomed to the pill by the second pack, but I was not willing to try it again. The only advantages that I found with this pill was less oily skin and it was an effective contraceptive. I guess everyone's body is different because it works really well with a friend of mine who's been on it for 11 years. I however, would not recommend this product to anyone.

Diane 35 + androcure worked great
Reviewed on November 11, 2013

I started a treatment on the 25th of July (1st day of my cycle) - I had severe acne (chin, cheeks, jawline, to the ears, forehead, etc.)

1 tablet of Diane 35 a day for 21 days

2 tablets (100mg) of androcure a day the first 10 days of the cycle

7 days of rest

I did that for three cycles and saw my skin clearing up from the very first cycle, after getting worst the ten first days of the treatment.

By the third cycle my skin was completely clear, only with scars to treat and the odd very small pimple.

On my fourth cycle I reduced to 1 tablet of 50 mg of androcure instead of 2 (still only the ten first days of the cycle), and my skin is still amazingly clear and smooth. I am going to reduce again to half a tablet next cycle, and go on reducing until I am only on Diane 35.

I LOVE this treatment, it really saved my skin and self-confidence. I felt terrible with very severe acne, couldn't get rid of it.... Felt very self conscious, etc. I am back to my real self with a normal skin and that's amazing.

There are a few side effects but honestly I don't mind, I have my dream skin now and just have to heal the scars. The sides effects I noticed are: at first, very tensed boobs, put on weight, increased appetite, headaches, fatigue, dryness downbelow, low libido, but it settled down, (I think it's due to androcure but the aim is not to stay on androcure forever but to reduce it progressively once the symptoms disappear). I made the mistake to give up healthy diet as I knew my skin would heal anyway (no need to stick to healthy food anymore) and that's why I put on weight I think. If you fight the appetite at first and stick to healthy diet, you'll be fine, it will settled down.

I truly recommend it, it's amazing.

Pr Eden in Australia did research on this treatment for severe acne on women with or without PCOS and found excellent results in virtually 100% of the cases. So no situation is desperate, we are very lucky to be women and be able to access these kind of treatments. Men can't take it.

Worked but had terrible side effects
Reviewed on September 16, 2013

I've had acne since I was 14, so I was desperate to try anything to get rid of it. Two years ago, I heard about how Diane 35 can solve acne problems so I tried it. I agree with what some people have said here -- it does work wonders. It cleared up my skin like no product has done before. However, I also had migraine attacks often, splitting headaches that wouldn't go away. I couldn't work, I couldn't concentrate. I've never had them before. I also noticed that I became edgy and sensitive. I would cry over the smallest things. Sometimes I felt sad for no reason. My boyfriend noticed it, too, and it often caused fights between us. After three months, I decided to stop using Diane 35 because I couldn't take the migraines anymore, I was so unproductive at work whenever I had them. After I went off the pill, I immediately noticed that I felt better. No headaches, no mood swings, my disposition became better overall. Unfortunately, I broke out again when I stopped, but I was willing to accept that. I wouldn't trade my sanity for clear skin. It's just not worth the risk. There are better treatments out there.

Worked for me
Reviewed on September 15, 2013

I was on Diane 35 since I was 17 (am 35 now). I was put on it due to acne and also a little of hair on face. It definitely worked for that as I have always been commented on my great skin and having had acne problems since. The hair on face decreased. I used to suffer from lots of clots during my period since I first got them but in this pill that stopped. I didn't have any issues with hair loss on my head and my moods were always good (eg didn't ever have PMS and no cramping either.)

I went off Diane 35 in January this year after I heard of the deaths and health risks after being in it do long. I went to my GP and whilst she wasn't concerned as I was we changed me over to Levlen. After two months on that I had to go off it as it turned me into a complete bitch (my poor husband!) and I was always depressed and crying. In the end we decided it was best for my health to go off all pills and just be careful. Finally after 6 months my body feels like its back in balance. A us was my periods were regular from the start and this hasn't changed. The only negative of going off the pill is that I have put on a good 10kg. Not good as I have been trying to lose weight so that we can start for a family. I have been eating healthy and better than when on the pill. Not sure why this is happening, the only thing I can put if down to is my hormones are still not in balance. I have had my thyroid checked twice as well as general check up and blood tests for other possible causes. Nothing wrong there at all.

We have decided to start for a baby now as being 35 turning 36 this year and after being on the pill so long, we don't want to wait any longer before trying. Fingers crossed it doesn't take long!

THIS BC IS NOT FOR EVERYONE
Reviewed on September 12, 2013

I started taking diane 35 in the last couple of days in april. I read few reviews on it before i took it some were bad some were good so i didnt know what to expect. My doctor prescribed it for me so i suspect it should have worked for me quite well. On the first day i was fine , second day i felt a little pain in my arm but i didnt think anything of it , on the 3rd day i started getting unusual pains in my arms and legs , and on some of the reviews i saw persons saying they had the same side effects, so i said well ok let me stop taking the pill before things get out of hand , but that same night i was rushed to the hospital .... thought i was having a heart attack because i didnt know what was going on with my body , my heart was racing felt it pumping through my neck , felt like i couldnt breathe , immediatly had a headache and thought i was going to pass out ....... doctor said it was an anxiety attack but they didnt had no evidence to prove that it was the pills that caused it .... but i guess the pills were to strong for me .... never had and anxiety attack in my life before and i heard diane 35 is known to have side effects like that , and heart palpitations ..... anyway , long story short ..i guess the diane 35 triggered something off and now i have hiatus hernia .... and that comes with pain , heart palpitations , and anxiety attacks ... but hey i keep praying and hopefully one day ill be healed ... because i do want to have kids ... and pregnancy right now is definately a risk