Page 2 of Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 743 reviews

Brand: Diane-35

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

is it really effective?
Reviewed on September 29, 2015

i've been using this diane35 pill for almost a month but i notice nothing, no changes on my acne prone skin..i still got this few acne on my forehead and lower part of my face and the worst I have some breakouts on my back which is sometimes painful and very uncomfortable..I'm wondering if its potency will be notice after a few months of usage? and is there a right time when to take the pill for its most effective result?both for acne treatment and birth control. Please advice...(i cannot give any recommendations yet or discouragements because i just started to use this pill)

by 10BrighterDays404 on 12/08/2015 01:42
Hang in there, i've been using for a month too...everyone says it takes about 6 months for perfection. My doc did recommend that i take the pill in the morning about the same time every day...dont lose hope hang in there
Helppppp
Reviewed on September 29, 2015

Hi!!!!

i started using diane a month ago and i discontinued after about two weeks. then again i started using the pill this month when i got a week early period (12th september) again i discontinued due to the severe migraine and headaches. and m bleeding since. (not heavily)

please advise.

thanks in advance,

lauren

Need reassurance please!!
Reviewed on September 21, 2015

Help me!!!

I've suffered severe acne since I was 12, I'm now 36. This last few months its gone absolutely crazy.

My Dr finally let me go on Estelle35. I'm only just finishing up my 1st strip(month) but it's gotten even worse!!. My acne was usually localised on my chin/mouth area. Now it's attacking around my nose, huge awful multipling cysts!

I'm struggling to stay positive. Please how long until I see any results? Does it get worse before it gets better??

by RLVH on 09/22/2015 08:02
Hello, I have also just started my second month and my acne has become 10X worse and i am getting it in areas i never used to! If you find out if we should wait it out or stop can you let me know because this is terrible :(
by RLVH on 09/22/2015 08:02
by PBM on 09/22/2015 11:24
Ok I'm just starting my 2nd month, so we're roughly at the same point. I'm exactly the same 10x worse & new affected areas. I know :( its so awful & it's so depressing. I'm going to try push through though, maybe this is normal? Reading others comments they saw results at 3rd/4th month. We can try support each other through this terrible stage & keep each other updated on results? A understanding, sympathetic buddy might b helpful :)
by Chris0016 on 05/03/2016 20:55
Did it get better? I started taking Diane 2 weeks ago and I developed some cystic pimple :( it's so sad cuz prom is next week and I'm completely depressed. Did it get better after the second month?
Worked for acne, not worth the side effects.
Reviewed on September 14, 2015

It took a while but my acne did almost completely clear up by the end of my third package. Too bad it made my period last the whole three months. After I stopped because the side effects were too bad, my period got heavier and proceeded for another week (in which time my acne also returned). I was excited when my doctor prescribed it to me with the promising notion that my period may get better. And for some people it does. But I was not warned about the chance of an abnormally, frustratingly long period. Which turns out to be common. So my doctor told me AFTER a long three months of constant anxiety and confusion.

Conclusion: This pill worked for my acne. But be warned that side effects DO occur. And consult a doctor as soon as you experience any worrying ones (I waited far too long because I was far too hopeful).

Acne
Reviewed on August 22, 2015

I am currently on Diane 35 for my skin. My acne was never severe or cystic but I did have continuous pimples and zits all over my cheeks and chin for about 5 years. I have been on the pill for just over a week now and my face is getting a lot better but I don't know if this is because of the pill or if it is because of my current skin care routine. I am wondering, if I should go off the pill after I finish the first months dose and continue with my skin care routine, or if I should stay on the pill. I want to know if acne comes back once the skin is clear and you get off the pill? Please help. I want to get off the pill but I want my skin to be clear.

by AcPecause on 08/24/2015 20:54
Its cones back after you get off the pill
by sexiwhiterice on 06/18/2016 17:00
You can't because the ingredient has something that alters your testosterone levels.
Loved it, stopped it and acne came back, back on it!
Reviewed on August 22, 2015

I went on diane 35 when I was around 15-16 and it cleared me right up. I still got the occasional break out when my period was coming or if I left makeup on but honestly what I mostly dealt with was scars which I didn't mind because bb cream could cover those. Anyways I am now 19 and I stopped it maybe December 2014, and June 2015 I HAD to visit my doctor and get it prescribed again because my face was just at its worst in years. I am now about to start my third pack and my face has gotten better than two months ago for sure. Still not great tho, and for those two months I broke out kinda bad. It's looking up though and I will stick with it because I know it works from experience, and why give up after two months? Just stick around for another two and hey you'll probably have clear skin!

I started to pair retin-a with it about two weeks ago, every other day first week, and then moving up to everyday this week, at night. So far I haven't broken out more and I am hoping they make a good pair and that helps me with my scars and helps with the acne as well.

I have a forum or whatever you call it where I am posting my results. Feel free to check it out if any of you wanna get on diane 35, or you are on it like me and wanna see progress compared to yours and discuss stuff!

Give it time - it works!
Reviewed on August 22, 2015

Hi ladies - I suffer from mild acne with the odd breakout generally around chin area. I went on Diane 35 two months ago because my skin was becoming more irritated and oily from the summer heat. My doctor recommended Diane 35 and right now I'm on my second pack (finishing up my last week). During my first pack I didn't see any results. My face was still quite oily and I started to develop an acne rash of whiteheads along my chin and jawline - so yes, your skin does get worse at first! I was close to stopping but my doctor told me to ride it out. I'm glad I did! It wasn't until my second pack, halfway through, that I started to notice signicant results!!! I'm no longer oily and my acne has gone down significantly. I only have a few old zits but all the small whiteheads are almost gone. I'm hoping that my skin continues to heal during my 3rd pack and doesn't start to freak out again. So far I am extremely pleased with the results. Give it time ladies! You'll notice a difference!

Also, I was using a cream called Tazorac on my blemishes. Check the reviews on this stuff - it's great and it really helped!

by V48266 on 08/28/2015 16:48
Update - I know it's only been a week since I wrote my review but today I'll be finishing up my 2nd pack. I'm still noticing great results but my skin has gotten quite dry. This has helped me get rid of my old acne that I developed in the first 2 months (the hormonal acne and whiteheads along my chin and jawline). I haven't experienced any new blemishes yet and I'm starting to notice a smoother texture all over - but I wish the old blemishes and scarring would go away a lot quicker. That's the frustrating part! With my first 2 months, I noticed I broke out the most at the beginning (first 10 days) but according to some of the reviews I've been reading, the 3rd pack is where you get the best results. So fingers crossed! I don't think I can handle anymore breakouts!!
by sexiwhiterice on 06/18/2016 17:04
It also happens with Spiro. You're testosterone spikes once you start taking an testosterone suppressing pill. Do you not taking anything after you take the 21 pills? 3 weeks on 1 week off.
Plz suggest me
Reviewed on August 18, 2015

I read all comments nd suggestion realted diane 35 .. i need a little advise from.users of diane 35 .. who are taking it just to overcome the problem of acne... iam also facing acne problem.my acne is only my face.only on cheeks aera... for 3 -4 years ... sometime my acne totally vanished nd some time it grew again very badly...i am tired of using differnt face washes nd home remedies.. one of my freind suggest me to take diane 35 that it will help tu cure my acne problem... i want alll of u to suggest me to take medication.or not... please help me ...i reallly need to knw ...

by jennalynn on 08/21/2015 15:34
I have been on Diane-35 for just over 4 months now and I am happy with the results. My skin is noticeably clearer. I used to always get deep, hormonal acne that is painful and nearly impossible to get rid of, and I haven't gotten these pimples for the past two months. This medication is definitely making my acne more manageable and I am happy with the results. You should ask your doctor if this medication is right for you. In my opinion, the pros outweigh the cons.
by jennalynn on 08/21/2015 15:34
I just want clear skin NOW because I feel so fugly...
Reviewed on July 24, 2015

I've just recently started taking Chelsea-35 (generic brand) this month due to my PCOS. I've tried everything to cure my cystic acne around my chin and jaw line. I'm a vegan who eats very clean, I've tried so many over the counter products as well as antibiotics. I've been trying to cure this naturally but there is no hope when it comes to dealing with hormones. My doctor said I should take accutane but I'm so against taking it. It seems to be a short term cure rather than a long term one. Diane-35 was prescribed and the first week, my acne seemed the die down. Now, on my third week, my face has completely exploded. I avoid mirrors in public and really don't like looking at myself in the mirror at any point in time. I seriously can't bare how my face looks. From what I've read, this OCP seems to take an average of 4 months to kick in but I just want a fast solution! I feel so awful about myself but I think (and hope) this is the right solution and I just need to be patient. Any advice or similar situations?

by OneShoes on 07/24/2015 11:58
I've heard vitex is also a good supplement for women with PCOS to take but should I combine so many pills at once?
by Melaniemakayla on 07/24/2015 17:27
See the vegan twins on you tube that cut out oils and soy milk.. Their skin is so much better now! Worth a watch for sure and they have research about it that you apcan read xx please keep us updated
by OneShoes on 07/24/2015 21:35
Thank you so much! I'll definitely check them out!
Perfect for my Skin
Reviewed on July 10, 2015

Diane 35 worked amazingly for my skin, after about the third month my skin was amazing, I rarely got a spot and my scars had faded. I barely needed to even wear foundation anymore (a big thing coming from someone who normally didn't go out without lathering on my makeup). HOWEVER, on Diane I experienced seriously weight gain and put on about 10kgs in 5 months and struggled to lose the weight until I went off the pill. Would definitely still be on it if I didn't put on heaps of weight though.

by ElegantMosque on 08/22/2015 13:47
When you came off the pill did you find your skin problems came back??