Page 2 of Diane-35 reviews

3.3/5 - 712 reviews

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Inactivel Ingredients:
Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Using this pill for hair loss
Reviewed on February 10, 2014

So far I have been on this pill for 6 months. I'm taking this pill for female hair loss. My hair started thinning at about age 22 which was around the time I stopped Alesse and was going through a very stressful time in my life. I am now 28 and decided to give Diane a try. My hair was only getting worse and I read that Diane may help since it contains an anti-androgen. So far I don't notice much of a change in my hair. Still shedding a lot. Skin is still the same as well. I still get some pimples. I gained about 10lbs since starting this pill and I'm not sure if it is due to Diane or the Citalopram that I take for anxiety. This is the most I have weighed in my life. When I first started this pill I didn't get a period for 5 months, but had one after the 5th package. I had major bloating and gas at that time. No cramping just a lot of bloating. The bloating and gas continued for the rest of the 6th pack which I am almost finished.

First time user
Reviewed on February 8, 2014

It's my first day today using so I will be posting a lot if I have any symptoms etc . I've never used birth control before so we'll see how this goes. I'm using it to treat hormonal imbalance and acne on my body.

by dokmai on 08/19/2014 14:25
Hey there, I just took my first pill today and I'm already thinking of stopping because of all the reviews about weight gain and how long Diane-35 takes to work (typically 3 months or more). Is this true? I have severe acne and I've been on antibiotics before, which worked wonders, however I think I'm immuned to it now so my acne is back. I'm really worried about the side effects of Diae-35. Does it really help to clear up your acne? And how long did it take for you? Also, what will happen after I go off the pills. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you so much :)
my miracle drug!
Reviewed on February 7, 2014

So far during my teen years I havent had any severe acne until my senior year in high school. For the summer before the year started and up until prom I suffered really bad acne on my back and chest and forehead. Before this acne Id get cystic type acne where the pimple was giant and under my skin which honestly drove me insane because it hurt like hell and I couldnt get rid of it. After trying so many different items like cleanser and anti biotics for acne, that created short term results my doctor finally put me on Diane 35. Its been a little over a year and I almost gave up like 3 times. I only saw my acne worsening for the first 5 months and now my skin is clear, smooth, with less redness and so much more managable. Once in a while usually before my period I will get a pimple but a small one that lasts a day or two. I am a very active and healthy person and I can honestly say that this drug has boosted my self esteem through the roof. I am so happy with the results I would reccomend it to any girl out there suffering with acne that they cant get rid of.

Not so Bad
Reviewed on January 23, 2014

Lets see, I'm 23 years old. I've been taking Diane 35 for a year and a half now.. I think. Can't keep track because I've tried others too. I wanted a birth control pill that would help me out with not getting pregnant because Condoms Suck. So uncomfortable!! I also really needed something to help with my Acne. I stress out so much that my acne would attack my forehead and my chin. (little of my cheeks though.) So I tried Diane 35. It took about 2-3months before my face was finally clear and it stayed clear!! with only a random 1-2 pimples after my period probably due to the fact that once you finish the pack and go on your period, your not on the pill for 6-7days. So I would say Diane 35 worth the money. But I just recently (2months going on 3) stopped taking it, and my face has broken out and keeps on breaking out. (Forehead and chin) again. Great. I liked Diane 35 since, it stopped my acne,(back, ass, face, chest.) helped not get me pregnant, made my boobs bigger i use to be a C cup.(I dont really like bigger boobs. now I'm a D cup or a DD cup depending on stupid bras/stores), it also helped my mood swings a bit, I wasn't so Insane with my S.O. that's about it. the cons Acne came back full force once I stopped. the cost was why I stopped and I also stopped because my vagina was dry. (wasn't super dye) just dry enough that sex was really short.(My advice use lube, helps alot). I would get headache about 3-4 days before my period. I gained about 10pounds but I've come realize this is suppose to be my ideal weight at 23.(134) pounds if your wondering. before I went on the pill I was (121) um.... all in all this pill was great compared to the others I've tried.

Worst decision of my life!
Reviewed on January 19, 2014

I'm a 21 year old female, but I took a generic Diane-35 (Cyestra-35) when I was 18.

I had always had a bit of acne in high school, but when I went on this birth control pill it ruined my life. I began taking it in July 2011 and stopped taking it in November 2011.

After a month of taking it, my acne went into serious overdrive. My face was COVERED in painful cysts and closed comedones, and I would get a few new ones every single day. My periods were agony, and I would get extremely painful cramps and would have HEAVY periods that would last 7 days. My face also produced what felt like gallons of oil. I also gained 30 pounds which fortunately were easy to drop once I stopped taking the pill, but the acne continued to be severe for the next year after stopping. The worst of it was the psychological hell I went through, crying everyday over cystic acne that grew exponentially every single day.

From what my dermatologists have told me, my case is a rare one. This pill seems to work for many, but it messed up my hormones so bad that even today in 2014 I'm still trying to correct the damage. Please be careful of what medications and birth control pills you decide to take, and make sure you always do thorough research.

Worth a try!
Reviewed on January 11, 2014

I didn't get a terrible initial break out, but it took a WHILE to work. The first 4 months were always a tease! I'd be clear for a week and I'd get really excited, and then I'd break out right before my period and it was always SO bad, worse than when I hadn't started the pill. After that, it would clear up and my skin would feel so nice and smooth and I'd think it's working! And the cycle continued...

But each time I "cleared up" from a break out, my skin DID look better than the previous time, it was just that I knew my skin would look bad again in like 2 weeks. At 5, I noticed that my skin hadn't broken out in over 2 weeks, so I was tentatively hopeful. The next 2 weeks following that, I did get a a couple spots on my chin and lower cheeks, but it was nothing compared to my regular break outs. Now I am 6 months and 1 week on Diane and I still haven't had a massive breakout! This is a victory for me! I will take having one or two tiny pimples on my jawline over a cluster on my cheek!

The thing with Diane is you really have to be PATIENT! Sometimes you have to wait for more than 3 months - not everyone is that lucky to have clear skin within that time! I sure didn't, but I'm glad I waited! I only experienced some side effects: bigger boobs, increased appetite (only during the first 2 months though), and some hair loss (only b/w months 4-5 was it noticeable).

Too many risks
Reviewed on January 5, 2014

I was on Diane for about 5 months. During that time I really didn't see any improvement in my skin. Not only that, but seeing reports and testimonies on the side effects and how dangerous they can be made me stop taking it. I don't want to risk it. Plus I have no health coverage so it was expensive as hell. I'm on a normal generic birth control now, Tricyclene Lo (if that's how you spell it) because I still need to be on the pill. It's not specifically for acne like Diane is but maybe in a couple months it will help to clear my skin up as I've heard most bc's do.

Didn't work.
Reviewed on December 26, 2013

I started using Dianne to get rid of my hormone pimples that wouldn't leave my chin area. I took the pill for about 6 months and unfortunately it didn't work for me. The pimples lessoned but were still there and I had to stop taking it when I started getting migraines ( which my doctor said was most likely from the pill) When I stopped taking Dianne my migrains/ head aches stopped.

Everyone is different though. Give it a go. It might work for you.

It works, but too many side effects
Reviewed on December 25, 2013

I took a generic form of Diane-35 for about 18 months due to endometriosis. I bought it cheap through working at a pharmacy, so it worked out to be about $12 AUD, but at other places it's generally at least $20.

It helped a lot with reducing cramps and improved my skin, as a bonus. It made it really smooth, got rid of most acne, and reduced oiliness. This made it a lot easier to put on makeup, and I didn't have to blot my nose as frequently to remove shine.

I did notice that I felt more vague and a little moody on it. Just not quite myself. Eventually I had to change pills because of migraines - they started very gradually and slowly got worse, and I had no idea they were caused by the pill! Changing to Norimin-28 has mostly got rid of the migraines, but now my skin isn't nice anymore :(

What can I say? It works.
Reviewed on December 13, 2013

I have to give this medication 5 stars. I'm aware that there are risks with this medication, just as there are risks whenever you take any birth control or medication of any kind. I was prescribed Diane-35 because I went to see my doctor about my acne. He determined that it was hormonal acne and told me to give this medication a try. That was a year ago. I had skin so oily that I couldn't wear make-up (it would melt off my face in oily patches throughout the day), but so much acne, redness, and irritation that I felt I couldn't leave my house without covering it up. I tried everything - every kind of acne cleanser, cream, gel, spot treatment...I was so fed up with spending so much time and money on a perfect skin care routine, only to see no results. Benzoyl peroxide helped a little bit with the pimples, but more always appeared and the amount of oil that my skin was producing was just horribly excessive. The texture of my skin was bad too; it was bumpy and rough. After I went on Diane-35, I expected something to happen. Nothing did, for three months. I didn't experience any negative side effects, but I didn't see an improvement in my skin either. Then, around month 3 or 4 of taking it, I started to notice that my skin was producing less oil than before. I could wear make-up on my face without it completely melting off! After 6 months of the medication, my skin truly started to clear up, the acne faded, and my skin became more smooth and soft. I've been taking it for a year now, with no noticeable negative side-effects. I truly believe that it is the only reason that I have clear skin today, and I am so grateful to both my doctor and this medication. I have so much more confidence now, and I highly recommend discussing this with your doctor if you believe that you have a hormone imbalance that is causing acne. I realize now that I must have had an excess of male hormones, which Diane-35 helped take care of. While I understand that some people have experienced negative side effects from this drug, I truly haven't. It's worth a talk with your doctor to find out if it's something you might want to look into getting.