Page 11 of Diane-35 reviews

3.3/5 - 707 reviews

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Inactivel Ingredients:
Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Reviewed on April 9, 2011

I have been on Diane 35 since I was 14, I'm currently 19, and have been genrally happy with the resuts. A couple years ago I was having stomach problems and thought it could be related to the Diane 35 so I went off it for 6 months, aside from the mood swings I didn't have any negative effects from going off the pill. My hair didn't fall out and my face didn't go crazy (some acne came back but I expected that). It never completely cleared my skin, but it has done a good job keeping the cysts under conrol. I have only had one or two since going on it and before I used to have them all over my face. As far as remembering to take it everyday, or taking it on an empty stomach I'm terrible at remembering and frequently miss a dose or take it late at night with no food in my tummy and have not noticed any negative effects as a result of this. As far as blood clots go after 5 yrs of more or less consistent use I recently was tested for them and was completely clear!! (Although I have low blood pressure and am very active so that might of helped!) As for the weight gain, aside from going up a cup size (could have been normal puberty though) I have gained about 10-15lb. since starting on it. So I'm not completely convinced it's as a result of the pilll and not just normal weight gain. Hope this helps!!

Reviewed on April 6, 2011

Even though Diane cleared up my acne it was not worth it! The side effects were terrible! I couldn't cope with the terrible migraines any longer!

Reviewed on March 17, 2011

This pill is truly toxic. I would strongly recommend against using it. I am currently on my third attempt to stop and I am experiencing major depressive symptoms for approx. 2 weeks before my period. This is completely out of character for me - I have never experienced PMS or depression before. If you are considering using this pill, research the potential side effects on the Internet beforehand. Do not rely on the advice of your doctor, in my experience they have no understanding of the true effects of this drug and their eagerness to prescribe it suggests there are external incentives for them to do so. Despite my symptoms, I have made a commitment to never use this drug again, and I can only hope that with time my body will return to normal.

Reviewed on March 12, 2011

I've struggled with incredibly oily skin from about 14 years old. I'm currently 19 and I'm so happy I finally tried this. I have found nothing that had been able to control my oil as much as this has, and I'm only on my second month! So hopefully this means even more improvement to come! I had an initial breakout for the first couple weeks, but it was manageable and cleared up now. My only issue is bloating and I've gained a couple pounds due to really intense cravings, which I'm sure can be controlled with a bit of will power. Its also expensive if you don't have coverage, but honestly, it's a small price to pay for confidence.

Reviewed on March 2, 2011

I have been on Diane-35 for about 6 months now. It started clearing up my skin immediately within the first few weeks. However, 2-3 months into it, I had horrible food cravings and gained about 6 pounds. The weight doesnt go away, despite dieting. My boobs got bigger and more full. The symptoms of pms are greatly reduced. I only have a couple pimples show up a day or two before starting my period. My periods are VERY light and only last a couple days. Also, for some strange reason, if I have more than 1 alcoholic drink, I feel like I'm going to throw up. But, this may be just me since I have had this same side effect on other pills. Overall, I'm very happy with this pill!

Reviewed on February 22, 2011

i've been on accutane for about a year and a half and my pharmacist prescribed me to diane because accutane has too many side effects, i've been on diane for about a month and i remember my doctor warning me that on the first month of use my acne will be worse than this, so yeah,, it has become worse, my menstruation also won't ever stop and it's been almost 3 weeks!!! i dont know if i should continue on taking diane for couple of months to see if it really works for me,,, cos if it doesn't work, then its a complete waste of time!!

Reviewed on February 9, 2011

Now I unfortunately have to stop, since I plan to get pregnant... and I know the acne will come back.

Reviewed on January 30, 2011

I thought it was a miracle while I was on it, but once my health insurance changed and it was no longer covered I couldn't afford it. It has been a few months since I stopped and my skin is worse than ever. I have deep cystic acne all over my chin as well as regular pimples everywhere else. I went back to my doctor and he said because of the controversy, diane might not even be on the market much longer. My skin is pretty much addicted, and now I'm stuck with this mess.

Reviewed on January 26, 2011

The first week i took Diane35 i felt absolutely sick to my stomach whenever i ate. Though that symptom passed, it has been replaced by bloating and weight gain. That also doesn't help the severe mood swings it has given me even though i had never experienced any form of depression or moodiness in the past. It almost makes me feel like a different person emotionally. It did however make my skin nice and clear, but the emotional distress and body image outweigh the nice skin and big boobs. I say try something else.