Page 11 of Diane-35 reviews

3.3/5 - 725 reviews

Diane-35

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Inactivel Ingredients:
Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Reviewed on August 7, 2011

Overall, I would not recommend this product. You are giving your body hormones to try and help clear acne, which may work for some people but not always. Ultimately it is your body and if you can handle emotional stress I would say give this pill a try.

I would try an antibiotic like minocycline before trying or switching your birth control. I personally switched from tri cyclen lo to diane 35. I was on it for 5 months and decided it was just making my breakouts worse so I went back on tri cyclen lo. It was not until about a week I was on tri cyclen lo that it felt this huuge weight or black cloud surrounding me just lifted off and I was smiling, all the time! It was like I was "me" again! :)

Speak to your doctor because what works for someone may not work for you, but perhaps an antibiotic would be best at first, vs. hormones.

Reviewed on August 2, 2011

So my acne hasn't cleared after 2 months, but I can defo see it is improving. Spots aren't as big and sore and less on my cheeks and forehead. still alot around the chin, jaw line and neck - which are getting smaller and not as long lasting.

The first month i thought I NEED TO COME OFF THiS !!! I put on 5kg, it's all gone on my boobs and hips. My boobs were soo sore and tender to the point all my bras were uncomfortable to wear, I felt sick after most meals , especially in the mornings after taking the pill. I was very emotional and irrate , so moody I've never been like that before - It actually was so bad it actually broke up my friendship with someone because of my outbursts!!! Bloating is really bad , I feel very full all the time.

The sore breasts, mood swings and sickness has subsided a lot. I feel like my hormones went wild at first and now its settling. I still have not lost the weight I have gained and I am still bloated. But I am hoping they will settle and my skin will clear. I'm going to persevere with it for a couple of months to see if it does clear up my acne. But so far there is more cons than pros for me! I will review again at a later date xx

Reviewed on July 29, 2011

The bad outweighs the good and I'm tempted just to stop taking it. Although I want to stick with it to see if it clears up my acne, but I think it's making me insane. I guess you should just try it for yourself, everyone reacts differently to things, My sister got no side effects at all and achieved absolutely beautiful skin and no babies!

Reviewed on July 23, 2011

It's not worth it. I also developed a week of anxiety/sadness each month. The drying effect was too much and was counter-productive. My period became heavy. Maybe this just isn't good for those of us in our 30's and 40's.

Please, please re-think this route.

Reviewed on June 23, 2011

I am 23 and took this for only 3 cycles. After stopping it, I have encountered the above complications. It has caused so much emotion and physical distress that I really don't feel that having clear skin is worth the long-term effects this drug has caused me, nor would I in good conscience recommend this to anyone. Acne is caused by hormonal reasons and other causes. Instead of getting your doctor to band-aid the situation with more hormones your body does not need, ask for a referral to a dermatologist or blood tests to find out what is causing the acne. This is also not recommended for birth control alone, so all in all, this drug gets a rating of 0 out of 5. I'm putting it as a 1 as is required, but honestly, don't waste your money. It is garbage.

Reviewed on June 22, 2011

I've been taking it for 4 moths now, I was taking Yasmine before. I do like the fact that it clears up acne...but the weight gain thing is too noticeable and drastic. Plus, I naturally have bigger breasts and on this pill I have gained a cup size. Which makes me look even bigger. I would not recommend this pill to anyone, unless they have a severe (hormonal) acne problem and the weightgain is not an issue.

Reviewed on June 22, 2011

hi,

I am about to start my diane 35 tomorrow, i am trying to find out if this drug is really good for the health. I don't have acne or pimples. My skin is fine, what i am worried about is the side effects that will occur once you stop using it. I use this drug just to regulate my menses. I am advised by my doctor to use it for 3-6 months, but i am planning to use it for only 3 months. I have read all of the comments that once you stop using it, it will make your skin worse, and you will have severe acne. I am so worried about the severe acne. Can anyone please give me some advise if this drug is worth a try? I am not planning to use this drug for the rest of my life.

Reviewed on June 10, 2011

I would not recommend doing this unless your acne is very severe. I was on it for about 5 months ( for the treatment for PCOS)and now going to see if I can get rid of the weight i've gained and if the cellulite will decrease. I found that I became much softer and lost a lot of muscle tone and all in all the minor improvement in skin that took 5 months is not worth the cons. Only try this if this is your last resort the estrogen was much too much for my body to handle

Reviewed on June 1, 2011

So far I have been on this product for almost 2 months and it has made a great change in my skin. I was put on it because my acne has become very hormonal, and birth control is recommended for this kind of acne. I no longer get cysts and my acne has become much much better. They say it can take 3 to 6 months to see full results so I look forward to my skin just continuing to get better. The only thing is to make sure you take the pill before bed because it can cause unpleasant nausea!

Reviewed on May 31, 2011

I was on this drug for around 4 months, and it ended up clearing up all my acne and I had much finer skin (most noticeably the size reduction of facial pores). However, I only started noticing a significant difference at around 1.5 months into the course; thinner/finer skin, smoother appearance and feel, especially around the nose area. However one of the major downsides after 1-2 months of consumption of the drug was the weight gain, as well as the build-up of cellulose and fat around the thighs, lower waste, face(cheeks started to bloat significantly), and an increased layer of fat above the abdomen. I strongly DO NOT recommend this product to those who are insecure or relatively sensitive about their body weight. Only resort to this drug if you are suffering from severe acne. There are other drugs out there that can improve your skin and not cause you to bloat.