Page 11 of Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 755 reviews

Brand: Diane-35

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Anonymous
Reviewed on May 23, 2012

Diane 35 affects testosteron receptors in your skin.Ones with oily,acne prone skin have more of those receptors then ones with dry or normal skin.When testosteron bind to receptor,skin starts to produce sebum which becomes an acne.The pill blocks receptors therefore glands do not produce sebum because testosteron can't be bind.If you have a normal hormone levels (you probably have if you have regular menstruation cycle ) there are no side effects as nausea,weight gain, emotional affect as depression,mood swings, loss of libido.Those side effects come from higher level of estrogen in your body,plus more estrogen you take from the pill.

Diane 35 work perfectly for me,because my first problem are testosteron receptors (not hormon levels).No weight gain, l got rid of new acne in 3 weeks,shorter,less painfull and bloody periods and I have bigger boobs (praise the estrogen :D).

To girls with severe side effects I suggest test for hormone levels,and changing the therapy colsulting the dermatologist or gynecologist.

Btw Avѐne TriAcnaél cream for local use works great with Diane 35 acne therapy ;)

Elizabeth, Sydney
Reviewed on May 23, 2012

My skin suddenly broke out like crazy one day (forehead, cheeks) and I was looking for a potentially long-term option as opposed to antibiotics which wear off. I was prescribed Estelle 35, a generic version of Diane.

Skin was pretty crap until about 3 months later, but along with that, I gained around 8 kilos. I'm usually petite, around 43 kg with a fast metabolism, and this pill pretty much killed me...It also made me really bloated and gassy (sorry, that's a little gross to say but just warning you guys.) I'm going to give it up soon because I hate feeling so swollen all the time.

carly
Reviewed on May 16, 2012

please please stay away from this product! I am here to give you my story from personal experience. I have been slim my whole life as I play alot of sports and am very active. I switched to this birth control because my doc said it would also help clear my acne- it did. HOWEVER, this pill made me very sick. I would wake up about once a week and not be able to keep my breakfast down. I tried taking it at different times with different foods NOTHING stopped it. I also gained about 15 pounds in 6 months, which is weird because I play competitive soccer and dance! Overall please trust me there are much better bc pills out there that will deliver the same results! I forgot to mention- after I finally stopped taking this pill my acne came back worse then before! (it wasnt too bad before hand) but I started getting cystic acne after stopping this medication. please please stay away from this!

Kaity, Canada
Reviewed on May 15, 2012

I've had cystic acne since I was 13 and started to take Diane 35 when I was 14. I stayed on it until I was 18 (19 now) and decided to try other alternatives. To say the least, Diane is the only prescription that will prevent my acne. I have currently been off of it for ~7 months, and am on minocyclin with topical clindamycin, but while it is wonderful at clearing up acne it is not so great at preventing it and I still break out through it often. Pro-activ did not help at all.

Since it is strong it is crucial to take it properly or it will make you sick. When I first started taking it I noticed results within 4 weeks and hopefully will have the same luck this time around. It works great and definitely recommend it to anyone who is struggling with acne, but as with anything, please be mindful of symptoms that can indicate a problem!

Reviewed on May 7, 2012

Hi girls, i tried doxycycline and erythromycin for 3 years, it worked for awhile, and the antibiotic doesn't work anymore. doctor reccomanded me diane35/estelle35, since it reduces oil. Im the lucky batch that estelle35 worked 2 days after taking. pimples are starting to clear with no new cystic ones popping out. face less oily, seeing hope on estelle35.

only cons is i feel thirsty and bigger boobs so far. thirstiness could lead to weight gain, nt a problem for me because I'm underweight for now.

goodluck!

g0oo0f, Cali, USA
Reviewed on February 21, 2012

I have waited a full & complete 6 months to review this...it DOES work, but it takes TIME. As you can see for me, the cons outweigh the pros. Unfortunately, this has been the only thing to effectively clear up my acne, and I have tried EVERYTHING! So for me, it's worth it. Chances are it will probably get worse before it gets better, but for most people it usually kicks in in 3-4 months. I was one of the unlucky ones who it took a complete 6 months to see full results. But now, I RARELY break out. I used to have 3-4 new pimples/cysts each day. Waking up with nothing to worry about seeing it the mirror is so, so worth it :-) if you're from the USA, you can order this BC from a canadian pharmacy online with your doctors prescription.

Dani, Saskatchewan
Reviewed on February 15, 2012

I took this when I first started taking medication for my acne, which was nearly 7 years ago. At that age it affected me emotionally and when I stopped taking them for a week every month I would suffer drastic emotional meltdowns. Now that I am 23 and I need something strong again, I started taking it again and I have been far more able to control its side effects. I dont recommend starting off on this, but when you are older and more mature, it is much easier to handle and the payoff is noticeable after about 4-5 weeks.

Alicia, Toronto
Reviewed on February 9, 2012

I'm 17 and I started getting acne about a year and a half ago, and I've been on multiple medications prescribed by both my doctor and dermatologist, to help treat it. Every single medication has failed me, including this one. I have been on this for about 6 months now, and I have not seen any difference. I feel as though this medication actually makes my acne worse, and when im on my period, my face clears up. I tried convincing my doctor to let me try another brand, but he told me to stay on it longer. I was using this medication alone for about 4 months, and then i was prescribed 2 other medications to take with it, but it still has not cleared up my acne. Diane-35 did not make me nauseous at all, and It's an extremely easy medication to take, since it's so small.. But overall, i wouldnt recommend it to anyone with somewhat severe acne because it will most likely make it worse.

Andrea, Toronto
Reviewed on February 1, 2012

DO NOT USE.. the 35 represents the dose of estrogen in the pill and if your like me and have bad pms already then it will litterly make you crazy! I was fine for about the first 2 months but from then on I was crying about everything and anything!! I had severe moodswings and craved sweet things all the time and i don't even like sweets! It got to the point where my mom and boyfriend told me to go to the doctor and get checked cuz they thought something was wrong with me!. I am now on another pill and i feel completely normal. user beware!!

Anonymous, New Brunswick