Page 11 of Diane-35 reviews

3.3/5 - 715 reviews

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Inactivel Ingredients:
Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Reviewed on May 28, 2011

I started taking Diane at 14, after 4 years of periods that were inconsistent, but usually about a week apart. I was also having painful acne.

I have been taking Diane for over a year now. Initially the results were great, but gradually I had put on over 10kg. Also, I had not had much period pain before the pill, but now I am in pain up to 24 hours before my period and lasting for the remainder. I have had times of depression, ranging in severity, and have actually pinpointed it to a particular point in my cycle, which never happened before.

The results do part, especially with acne ( I love my skin) but as for the rest of it :(

I am soon changing to another pill.

Reviewed on May 17, 2011

I was on Diane-35 for at least 6 yrs straight. I was on it for my post-op endometriosis. All was good, as in skin was better and no more growths and no more migraines but i decided to stop it last year ( its been a yr since i've stopped ) because i wanna try to conceive. And the acne that i have now is just so unbelievably huge and painful and terrible and so many!!! I'm going nuts and trying ways and means to cure or at least control them! Now i really wished that I hadn't gone on the pill. Not only did i wasted my money buying them, but I've also put my body in danger! Had I known other ways to control my endometriosis, I would've choosen it. And intercourse was troublesome because I would bleed slight stains. But after I stopped it, the good thing is hair on my head has grown more, because before they were falling. Thats the good part bout stopping. And I hope that i can eventually conceive. Without having any more endometriosis that is...I would strongly advice to anyone reading this to not start this pill although they would give you perfect flawless skin! Ive stopped a year ago. I went back on it once, for a month, but i discontinued again because i really wanna have a baby and get a normal system back. Now I really wish that all my acne will clear off too! I never had acne as bad as this before in my entire life until I've stopped Diane-35. Now I have to find a perfect solution how to cure my acne. Please, dont start on this pill!!

Reviewed on May 7, 2011

I was put on Diane since I was diagnosed with severe Endometriosis and PCOS and hadn't had a period in over two years.

It's had alot of positive effects for me since my hormones were completely out of whack before. It's brought down my androgen levels and insured the possibility of me and my fiance having children in the future.

I've had some moodiness and cramping and bloating but it's nothing compared to the pain I went through having cysts burst constantly before. It's been an absolute godsend for me.

Reviewed on May 5, 2011

I first started this pill at the age of fourteen to combat my severe acne, my very uncontrollable mood swings and irregular periods (I was only having a break of two weeks between each period, each period was lasting up to 14 days with majority of heavy bleeding). This pill was absolutely perfect. By 19 my skin was clear, my cycle was regular and my mood swings were under control. My period was down to 5 days with one 1-2 heavy days- It was GREAT!!!

I took a break for a year and ended up with severe stomach pains which were from Ovarian Cysts. My doctor said it was from being on the pill and then stopping. I also got my first breast lump when I first started taking the pill, and ended up with two by that stage.

i was advised to go back on the pill, and had an operation for endometriosis which my gynaecologist though I also had- and I did (due to my really heavy periods as a teenager). After going back on the pill and having the operation it has thrown my whole hormones out of sync. I now get blemishes every month, now getting bad pains, no periods at all most of the time. I have gone up over 4 dress sizes and can't lose the weight, have no sex drive, no emotions (not even happy) and my breast lumps are now up to about 12 in each breast.

Reviewed on April 30, 2011

Ive only been taking the pill for 10 days now and im not happy with the side effects ive experienced. Im only on the pill to regulate my hormone levels.

*After taking it for two days I developed red spots all over my stomach -looks like chicken pox

*In 6 days my boobs went from a b cup to a pumped up C cup -they are extremely sore and feel very heavy like im breastfeeding

*Unplainable bad pain in my thighs (that side effect is listed in the box)

*Very moody sometimes depressed- -bf noticed change after few days

*Extreme bloating of lower stomach,thighs and love handles

* Nausea

* Weight gain

*Swollen ankles

Havent had any pimples yet (have very good skin) but have been doing microdermabrasion and chemical peels and these skin treatmnts really do improve pimples and skin condition.

Now i cant beleive ive had all these things happen in 10 days. Im still going to keep going (against bfs wishes) cuz im desperate and this is the also the first time ive been on the pill. I just dont think im going to last a whole month.

Reviewed on April 16, 2011

I even suffer from chronic migraines and was worried that this would make them worse because other people were reporting that it gave them migraines but there was no change. My acne cleared up pretty quick and was gone within about 4 months. My periods got so light they were practically non-existant. I took this for about 9 months, then my dr switched me to a low-estrogen pill about 2 years ago. After being off for about 6 months I got a little bit of acne but then it worked itself out. Now I get a pimple or two once in a while but I'm pretty clear most of the time. If you dr will give this to you - I highly recommend it since accutane never even got rid of my acne but this did!!!

Reviewed on April 15, 2011

I love Diane 35, but if you get off it, your acne will recur, and it will be worse than before. It says that you need to gradually come off of Diane 35, but it's difficult to do because it may affect your menstrual cycle.

The depression, suicidal thoughts and moodiness are hard to ignore, but I get through it by remembering that I usually do not have these signs/symptoms, and that I am getting rid of my acne. Also, they go away between pill packs.

I am most troubled by the hair loss. I had very thick hair, and after a year's usage, my hair is about 1/3 less thick. I am worried that my hair will get even thinner.

I would not recommend getting on this pill despite its benefits simply because this pill seems to be getting phased out with no alternative on the market.

Reviewed on April 11, 2011

I was first prescribed Diane when I had a small breakout on my face. it was amazing. My skin was clear and luminous and I was getting comments from everyone about how good my skin looked. After a few months though I started to get terrible migraines, bloating and had no sex drive whatsoever. I went off it after 2 years as my skin was looking great however after about a month my face broke out into horrible acne much worse than it was prior to using diane. I decided to go back on diane as my skin was so bad and have been on it for two months but my skin is not clearing at all

Reviewed on April 9, 2011

I have been on Diane 35 since I was 14, I'm currently 19, and have been genrally happy with the resuts. A couple years ago I was having stomach problems and thought it could be related to the Diane 35 so I went off it for 6 months, aside from the mood swings I didn't have any negative effects from going off the pill. My hair didn't fall out and my face didn't go crazy (some acne came back but I expected that). It never completely cleared my skin, but it has done a good job keeping the cysts under conrol. I have only had one or two since going on it and before I used to have them all over my face. As far as remembering to take it everyday, or taking it on an empty stomach I'm terrible at remembering and frequently miss a dose or take it late at night with no food in my tummy and have not noticed any negative effects as a result of this. As far as blood clots go after 5 yrs of more or less consistent use I recently was tested for them and was completely clear!! (Although I have low blood pressure and am very active so that might of helped!) As for the weight gain, aside from going up a cup size (could have been normal puberty though) I have gained about 10-15lb. since starting on it. So I'm not completely convinced it's as a result of the pilll and not just normal weight gain. Hope this helps!!

Reviewed on April 6, 2011

Even though Diane cleared up my acne it was not worth it! The side effects were terrible! I couldn't cope with the terrible migraines any longer!