Page 11 of Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 733 reviews

Brand: Diane-35

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Reviewed on September 18, 2011

I have had acne which started when I was 13 and progressively got worse. I tried every prescription cream on the market then went on acutane when I was 18. Nothing worked. At 21 I went on Diane 35 and immediately my face began to clear up.

I now have absolutely no acne.

I experienced none of the side effects that others seem to have encountered.

This has been my miracle drug and I am forever grateful.

Reviewed on September 9, 2011

I've been on Diane for 2 months and so far ive had none of the weight gain everyones talking about. Its clearing up my skin nicely, i still have the odd pimple but it never lasts long and it doesnt get very big or pussy ever.

Reviewed on September 4, 2011

It works for acne however the weight gain and changes to your body is not worth it

Reviewed on September 2, 2011

I've only been on this type of pill for six first, I thought it was a miracle pill. My face was less oilier, my skin was clearer and my boobs grew, which made me quite happy, seeing as it now looks like I have boobs :P...quite a confidence boost! And not to is a very effective form of contraception! My boyfriend and I always have unprotected sex, and this pill has prevented me from getting pregnant every single time (yay!).

Before taking the pill, I used to get severe cramping a few days before menstruating and my period would sometimes be unpredictable, but now I know exactly when I'm going to menstruate, and for how long.

However...while being on this pill, my boobs were ALWAYS tender and my hurt!! I gained quite a lot of weight, was always feeling bloated, and felt sick after every appetite is now all weird and all over the place. My hair is also thinner :(

I don't know if this is related to the pill, but before I started taking it, I was fine when it came to alcohol consumption. Now, even one drink or even a few sips makes me nauseous and causes me to vomit.

The worst side effect for this pill was severe depression. I am now a completely different person....for the worse! My mood swings are crazy, I become irritated, emotional and cry all the time for no reason, and it's ruining all my relationships with people! I hate being so depressed....and it's all thanks to the hormonal changes in my brain, due to the pill :(

Although I now have bigger boobs, it makes my skin nicer, and is an effective form of contraception, it is not worth taking this pill, unless you are prepared for moodiness and depression!!!!!!!!!! However, the side effects are different for every person...although the depression side effect is a common occurrence in this forum!

Reviewed on September 1, 2011

After never suffering from acne in my life, I got painful, hormonal cystic acne at age 24 on my cheeks, chin, and forehead. I tried many over counter products, home remedies, etc. but nothing seemed to be working so I went on Diane 35 in October in preparation for my wedding in May. My skin has always been dry and after starting Diane it made it extremely dry, however I made sure to moisturize with aveeno clear complexion moisturizer in the day, and a rich shiseido moisturizer at night. My acne completely cleared up by February/March and I have been acne free since. I recently went off it in July and have found my skin to be much oilier than before I started, however no break outs so far! I highly recommend Diane 35, I had flawless skin at my wedding and the photographer even commented on how he didn't have to touch up any of my pictures which made me a veryy happy bride!

Reviewed on August 31, 2011

I started taking this several years ago. It's been the only things to help my very severe cystic acne. I did not experience any of the negative side effects that others seem to (weight gain, depression), but I was getting concerned about taking a drug long term. I eventually stopped, and my acne immediately flared up worse than ever. My dermatologist gave me spironolactone to try instead, but after several months of seeing no improvement, he finally recommended I go back on the Diane 35, as he says it's the best for treating horomonal acne. I feel I have no other option but to continue taking it, although I am hoping to find another natural alternative at some point.

Reviewed on August 14, 2011

Got Diane 35 prescribed to cure my very mild acne. Got acne at 16 after using too harsh products on my sensitive skin. Was self conscious about it so GP prescribed this extreme product. Skin got somewhat clearer but not to say it was perfect. I got depressed around that time but blamed it on puberty.

Quit this drug after reading about the serious side effects my doc didn't tell me about. Instantly lost weight, lost cellulite and boobs got to normal size again.

I felt much more optimistic too, and suddenly it hit me: this product has been the cause of my depressed feelings all along!

Skin got a little oilier after quitting this product but amount of acne stayed the same (a small spot a couple of times a week). I reckon I didn't need this drug in the first place and my acne would've cleared up by itself.

It was NOT worth the bloating, weight gain and especially depression! People should be warned about this drug! It is NOT just a harmless birth control pill! There's a reason why you can only get it on subscription and it can't be used for birth control purposes only!

Reviewed on August 7, 2011

this pill just made me hell a dpressed all i do all day is cry and stay in bed, it killed my motivation, and to top it off i have had like 5 out pf the many serious side affects that u can get from diane35 and i have only been on it for 5 months. totally not worth it!

Reviewed on August 7, 2011

Overall, I would not recommend this product. You are giving your body hormones to try and help clear acne, which may work for some people but not always. Ultimately it is your body and if you can handle emotional stress I would say give this pill a try.

I would try an antibiotic like minocycline before trying or switching your birth control. I personally switched from tri cyclen lo to diane 35. I was on it for 5 months and decided it was just making my breakouts worse so I went back on tri cyclen lo. It was not until about a week I was on tri cyclen lo that it felt this huuge weight or black cloud surrounding me just lifted off and I was smiling, all the time! It was like I was "me" again! :)

Speak to your doctor because what works for someone may not work for you, but perhaps an antibiotic would be best at first, vs. hormones.

Reviewed on August 2, 2011

So my acne hasn't cleared after 2 months, but I can defo see it is improving. Spots aren't as big and sore and less on my cheeks and forehead. still alot around the chin, jaw line and neck - which are getting smaller and not as long lasting.

The first month i thought I NEED TO COME OFF THiS !!! I put on 5kg, it's all gone on my boobs and hips. My boobs were soo sore and tender to the point all my bras were uncomfortable to wear, I felt sick after most meals , especially in the mornings after taking the pill. I was very emotional and irrate , so moody I've never been like that before - It actually was so bad it actually broke up my friendship with someone because of my outbursts!!! Bloating is really bad , I feel very full all the time.

The sore breasts, mood swings and sickness has subsided a lot. I feel like my hormones went wild at first and now its settling. I still have not lost the weight I have gained and I am still bloated. But I am hoping they will settle and my skin will clear. I'm going to persevere with it for a couple of months to see if it does clear up my acne. But so far there is more cons than pros for me! I will review again at a later date xx