Page 11 of Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 743 reviews

Brand: Diane-35

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Reviewed on December 4, 2011

i had terrible weight gain when i took this. but overall it did clear up my acne and my face is not oily. but once i finished the pills for 3 weeks consumption, the acne came back like mad and it was horrid + my crave for the food were non stop.

Reviewed on November 30, 2011

Never worked for me at all!

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

I've had problems with acne since my teens and am now in my 30s. I have tried Diane 35 in the past for teen acne without much success.This was the last resort before taking roaccutane and has worked brilliantly, even after 5 weeks.

I would definitely recommend it for anyone suffering from hormonal/adult acne!

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

I will never ever stop taking Diane ever again. A few years back my GP suggested I try a different pill because my acne problem seemed to have disappeared. I took the other pill for 4 days and immediately started breaking out so I went straight back on Diane. I think Diane is the right pill for me but it may not be right for everyone.

Reviewed on November 9, 2011

For me it's something I'm sure will continue to work and clear up my acne completely but for now I'm happy with its progress.

Reviewed on November 8, 2011

I've never had great skin, went on a few pills on and off from the age of 15. When I turned 19 my acne got suddenly really bad all over my cheeks and chin, and I was desperate to fix it. I went on Diane 35/Estelle in combination with Epiduo and my acne cleared up well within 2-3 months. It never got to the point of a person who doesn't suffer from acne and it never made an impact on my blackheads. I've never liked being on the pill though, makes me fairly bloated and dulls my emotions. I started to read reviews of people who went off Diane so that I would know what to expect, and I was shocked. The overwhelming (and I mean probably 90-95%) portion of people seem to be saying they wish they never went on it due to the effects of going off it. I wish I had read reviews before I went on it in the first place.

I've been off it for around 2 months now. Acne broke out after about a month and a half but didn't get unbearable and has almost cleared now... still worried that its going to get worse as a lot of people say it happens around 3-6 months after. Haven't got my period yet either. And by far the worst side effect of going off, I am loosing my hair! Handfulls each day. I have never experienced this before.

I would recommend trying every topical or natural remedy you can find before pumping hormones like Diane into your body. At the moment I'm taking Evening Primrose Oil, zinc and drinking lots of tea, maybe this is what is keeping the acne at bay for now? For now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't experience what everyone else is seeming to....

Reviewed on October 23, 2011

I started Diane35 around the end of July and the first 3 months were brutal. It caused my acne to become completely out of control and it seemed like it wasn't working at all. But after month 3 my acne started to improve A LOT. I am now on month 5 and I rarely breakout. It's very exciting. The only thing that I did not like about this drug is how long it takes to start working. 3 months of hell is definitely discouraging and annoying, but knowing it will keep working until I stop taking the pill and I won't become immune, like fast acting antibiotics, makes it worth it.

Reviewed on October 14, 2011

This product has helped so much. I have had acne for many years and even though I'm in my 30's, it was still bad.

Now I finally have clear skin!

I have had no weight gain, increase in appetite, or any hint of moodiness or depression. I would absolutely recommend Diane.

Reviewed on September 22, 2011

I have been taking Diane-35 consistently for 11 years (I'm 26). In that time my acne has been clear except for the occasional pimple and the oiliness of my skin was so reduced I didn't even need to wash it in the mornings (just splashed with water). Last summer my drug plan switched me over to the generic Cyestra....it was awful. I felt like I had somebody else's skin. I kept getting these really red zits that took forever to clear. Recently I decided to see what my skin would be like without Diane. The first month was fine, just slightly oilier than normal, but after that I consistently had moderate acne and oily skin, despite using Benzoyl Peroxide and acne specific face wash and moisturizer twice a day. Apparently, even in my mid-twenties bad skin is still a problem that I am currently dealing with.

I would absolutely recommend Diane to any girl with skin problems. I am happy to be back on it, and in the 11 years I have taken it have never had any problems with it. For me it's a miracle drug, without it I'm self-conscious, lose confidence, and shy away from circumstances where I would been seen without make-up. The only con was that I found my skin a little sensitive with it and recommend a good moisturizer and lip balm (I use vichy and lypsyl).

Reviewed on September 19, 2011

I have been on the pill for two months. My doctor told me that despite what a lot of people say your skin is NOT supposed to get worse before it gets better. Before I got on the pill, I had one or two pimples on my face at a time. Now, I constantly have clusters of about 5 pimples in several areas of my face. They aren't small pimples either- they are big and extremely red. This has decreased my confidence a lot and I have subsequently developed a hate for this pill.

I am fairly sure that the pill has effected my overall mood also. Before I got on the pill I experiences severe emotional outbursts as a result of PMS around the time of my period. After going on the pill I do not experience severe out bursts of emotion around the time of my period but I do experience a lesser emotional stability in general throughout the entire month. I find that I am more easily irritated or upset.

I would not recommend this pill. Run while you can, now that I'm on it- I'm scared my pimples will be EVEN worse if I get off and I am reluctant to change brands. I will ride this hellish ordeal out for another couple of months to see if my symptoms subside.

But if it's birth control you are looking for- get an implant in your arm or your tubes tied. PLEASE, Just don't get this pill!