Page 11 of Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 729 reviews

Brand: Diane-35

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Reviewed on September 1, 2011

After never suffering from acne in my life, I got painful, hormonal cystic acne at age 24 on my cheeks, chin, and forehead. I tried many over counter products, home remedies, etc. but nothing seemed to be working so I went on Diane 35 in October in preparation for my wedding in May. My skin has always been dry and after starting Diane it made it extremely dry, however I made sure to moisturize with aveeno clear complexion moisturizer in the day, and a rich shiseido moisturizer at night. My acne completely cleared up by February/March and I have been acne free since. I recently went off it in July and have found my skin to be much oilier than before I started, however no break outs so far! I highly recommend Diane 35, I had flawless skin at my wedding and the photographer even commented on how he didn't have to touch up any of my pictures which made me a veryy happy bride!

Reviewed on August 31, 2011

I started taking this several years ago. It's been the only things to help my very severe cystic acne. I did not experience any of the negative side effects that others seem to (weight gain, depression), but I was getting concerned about taking a drug long term. I eventually stopped, and my acne immediately flared up worse than ever. My dermatologist gave me spironolactone to try instead, but after several months of seeing no improvement, he finally recommended I go back on the Diane 35, as he says it's the best for treating horomonal acne. I feel I have no other option but to continue taking it, although I am hoping to find another natural alternative at some point.

Reviewed on August 14, 2011

Got Diane 35 prescribed to cure my very mild acne. Got acne at 16 after using too harsh products on my sensitive skin. Was self conscious about it so GP prescribed this extreme product. Skin got somewhat clearer but not to say it was perfect. I got depressed around that time but blamed it on puberty.

Quit this drug after reading about the serious side effects my doc didn't tell me about. Instantly lost weight, lost cellulite and boobs got to normal size again.

I felt much more optimistic too, and suddenly it hit me: this product has been the cause of my depressed feelings all along!

Skin got a little oilier after quitting this product but amount of acne stayed the same (a small spot a couple of times a week). I reckon I didn't need this drug in the first place and my acne would've cleared up by itself.

It was NOT worth the bloating, weight gain and especially depression! People should be warned about this drug! It is NOT just a harmless birth control pill! There's a reason why you can only get it on subscription and it can't be used for birth control purposes only!

Reviewed on August 7, 2011

this pill just made me hell a dpressed all i do all day is cry and stay in bed, it killed my motivation, and to top it off i have had like 5 out pf the many serious side affects that u can get from diane35 and i have only been on it for 5 months. totally not worth it!

Reviewed on August 7, 2011

Overall, I would not recommend this product. You are giving your body hormones to try and help clear acne, which may work for some people but not always. Ultimately it is your body and if you can handle emotional stress I would say give this pill a try.

I would try an antibiotic like minocycline before trying or switching your birth control. I personally switched from tri cyclen lo to diane 35. I was on it for 5 months and decided it was just making my breakouts worse so I went back on tri cyclen lo. It was not until about a week I was on tri cyclen lo that it felt this huuge weight or black cloud surrounding me just lifted off and I was smiling, all the time! It was like I was "me" again! :)

Speak to your doctor because what works for someone may not work for you, but perhaps an antibiotic would be best at first, vs. hormones.

Reviewed on August 2, 2011

So my acne hasn't cleared after 2 months, but I can defo see it is improving. Spots aren't as big and sore and less on my cheeks and forehead. still alot around the chin, jaw line and neck - which are getting smaller and not as long lasting.

The first month i thought I NEED TO COME OFF THiS !!! I put on 5kg, it's all gone on my boobs and hips. My boobs were soo sore and tender to the point all my bras were uncomfortable to wear, I felt sick after most meals , especially in the mornings after taking the pill. I was very emotional and irrate , so moody I've never been like that before - It actually was so bad it actually broke up my friendship with someone because of my outbursts!!! Bloating is really bad , I feel very full all the time.

The sore breasts, mood swings and sickness has subsided a lot. I feel like my hormones went wild at first and now its settling. I still have not lost the weight I have gained and I am still bloated. But I am hoping they will settle and my skin will clear. I'm going to persevere with it for a couple of months to see if it does clear up my acne. But so far there is more cons than pros for me! I will review again at a later date xx

Reviewed on July 29, 2011

The bad outweighs the good and I'm tempted just to stop taking it. Although I want to stick with it to see if it clears up my acne, but I think it's making me insane. I guess you should just try it for yourself, everyone reacts differently to things, My sister got no side effects at all and achieved absolutely beautiful skin and no babies!

Reviewed on July 23, 2011

It's not worth it. I also developed a week of anxiety/sadness each month. The drying effect was too much and was counter-productive. My period became heavy. Maybe this just isn't good for those of us in our 30's and 40's.

Please, please re-think this route.

Reviewed on June 23, 2011

I am 23 and took this for only 3 cycles. After stopping it, I have encountered the above complications. It has caused so much emotion and physical distress that I really don't feel that having clear skin is worth the long-term effects this drug has caused me, nor would I in good conscience recommend this to anyone. Acne is caused by hormonal reasons and other causes. Instead of getting your doctor to band-aid the situation with more hormones your body does not need, ask for a referral to a dermatologist or blood tests to find out what is causing the acne. This is also not recommended for birth control alone, so all in all, this drug gets a rating of 0 out of 5. I'm putting it as a 1 as is required, but honestly, don't waste your money. It is garbage.

Reviewed on June 22, 2011

I've been taking it for 4 moths now, I was taking Yasmine before. I do like the fact that it clears up acne...but the weight gain thing is too noticeable and drastic. Plus, I naturally have bigger breasts and on this pill I have gained a cup size. Which makes me look even bigger. I would not recommend this pill to anyone, unless they have a severe (hormonal) acne problem and the weightgain is not an issue.