Page 11 of Diane-35 reviews

3.3/5 - 720 reviews
Diane-35

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Inactivel Ingredients:
Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Reviewed on June 22, 2011

I've been taking it for 4 moths now, I was taking Yasmine before. I do like the fact that it clears up acne...but the weight gain thing is too noticeable and drastic. Plus, I naturally have bigger breasts and on this pill I have gained a cup size. Which makes me look even bigger. I would not recommend this pill to anyone, unless they have a severe (hormonal) acne problem and the weightgain is not an issue.

Reviewed on June 22, 2011

hi,

I am about to start my diane 35 tomorrow, i am trying to find out if this drug is really good for the health. I don't have acne or pimples. My skin is fine, what i am worried about is the side effects that will occur once you stop using it. I use this drug just to regulate my menses. I am advised by my doctor to use it for 3-6 months, but i am planning to use it for only 3 months. I have read all of the comments that once you stop using it, it will make your skin worse, and you will have severe acne. I am so worried about the severe acne. Can anyone please give me some advise if this drug is worth a try? I am not planning to use this drug for the rest of my life.

Reviewed on June 10, 2011

I would not recommend doing this unless your acne is very severe. I was on it for about 5 months ( for the treatment for PCOS)and now going to see if I can get rid of the weight i've gained and if the cellulite will decrease. I found that I became much softer and lost a lot of muscle tone and all in all the minor improvement in skin that took 5 months is not worth the cons. Only try this if this is your last resort the estrogen was much too much for my body to handle

Reviewed on June 1, 2011

So far I have been on this product for almost 2 months and it has made a great change in my skin. I was put on it because my acne has become very hormonal, and birth control is recommended for this kind of acne. I no longer get cysts and my acne has become much much better. They say it can take 3 to 6 months to see full results so I look forward to my skin just continuing to get better. The only thing is to make sure you take the pill before bed because it can cause unpleasant nausea!

Reviewed on May 31, 2011

I was on this drug for around 4 months, and it ended up clearing up all my acne and I had much finer skin (most noticeably the size reduction of facial pores). However, I only started noticing a significant difference at around 1.5 months into the course; thinner/finer skin, smoother appearance and feel, especially around the nose area. However one of the major downsides after 1-2 months of consumption of the drug was the weight gain, as well as the build-up of cellulose and fat around the thighs, lower waste, face(cheeks started to bloat significantly), and an increased layer of fat above the abdomen. I strongly DO NOT recommend this product to those who are insecure or relatively sensitive about their body weight. Only resort to this drug if you are suffering from severe acne. There are other drugs out there that can improve your skin and not cause you to bloat.

Reviewed on May 28, 2011

I started taking Diane at 14, after 4 years of periods that were inconsistent, but usually about a week apart. I was also having painful acne.

I have been taking Diane for over a year now. Initially the results were great, but gradually I had put on over 10kg. Also, I had not had much period pain before the pill, but now I am in pain up to 24 hours before my period and lasting for the remainder. I have had times of depression, ranging in severity, and have actually pinpointed it to a particular point in my cycle, which never happened before.

The results do part, especially with acne ( I love my skin) but as for the rest of it :(

I am soon changing to another pill.

Reviewed on May 17, 2011

I was on Diane-35 for at least 6 yrs straight. I was on it for my post-op endometriosis. All was good, as in skin was better and no more growths and no more migraines but i decided to stop it last year ( its been a yr since i've stopped ) because i wanna try to conceive. And the acne that i have now is just so unbelievably huge and painful and terrible and so many!!! I'm going nuts and trying ways and means to cure or at least control them! Now i really wished that I hadn't gone on the pill. Not only did i wasted my money buying them, but I've also put my body in danger! Had I known other ways to control my endometriosis, I would've choosen it. And intercourse was troublesome because I would bleed slight stains. But after I stopped it, the good thing is hair on my head has grown more, because before they were falling. Thats the good part bout stopping. And I hope that i can eventually conceive. Without having any more endometriosis that is...I would strongly advice to anyone reading this to not start this pill although they would give you perfect flawless skin! Ive stopped a year ago. I went back on it once, for a month, but i discontinued again because i really wanna have a baby and get a normal system back. Now I really wish that all my acne will clear off too! I never had acne as bad as this before in my entire life until I've stopped Diane-35. Now I have to find a perfect solution how to cure my acne. Please, dont start on this pill!!

Reviewed on May 7, 2011

I was put on Diane since I was diagnosed with severe Endometriosis and PCOS and hadn't had a period in over two years.

It's had alot of positive effects for me since my hormones were completely out of whack before. It's brought down my androgen levels and insured the possibility of me and my fiance having children in the future.

I've had some moodiness and cramping and bloating but it's nothing compared to the pain I went through having cysts burst constantly before. It's been an absolute godsend for me.

Reviewed on May 5, 2011

I first started this pill at the age of fourteen to combat my severe acne, my very uncontrollable mood swings and irregular periods (I was only having a break of two weeks between each period, each period was lasting up to 14 days with majority of heavy bleeding). This pill was absolutely perfect. By 19 my skin was clear, my cycle was regular and my mood swings were under control. My period was down to 5 days with one 1-2 heavy days- It was GREAT!!!

I took a break for a year and ended up with severe stomach pains which were from Ovarian Cysts. My doctor said it was from being on the pill and then stopping. I also got my first breast lump when I first started taking the pill, and ended up with two by that stage.

i was advised to go back on the pill, and had an operation for endometriosis which my gynaecologist though I also had- and I did (due to my really heavy periods as a teenager). After going back on the pill and having the operation it has thrown my whole hormones out of sync. I now get blemishes every month, now getting bad pains, no periods at all most of the time. I have gone up over 4 dress sizes and can't lose the weight, have no sex drive, no emotions (not even happy) and my breast lumps are now up to about 12 in each breast.

Reviewed on April 30, 2011

Ive only been taking the pill for 10 days now and im not happy with the side effects ive experienced. Im only on the pill to regulate my hormone levels.

*After taking it for two days I developed red spots all over my stomach -looks like chicken pox

*In 6 days my boobs went from a b cup to a pumped up C cup -they are extremely sore and feel very heavy like im breastfeeding

*Unplainable bad pain in my thighs (that side effect is listed in the box)

*Very moody sometimes depressed- -bf noticed change after few days

*Extreme bloating of lower stomach,thighs and love handles

* Nausea

* Weight gain

*Swollen ankles

Havent had any pimples yet (have very good skin) but have been doing microdermabrasion and chemical peels and these skin treatmnts really do improve pimples and skin condition.

Now i cant beleive ive had all these things happen in 10 days. Im still going to keep going (against bfs wishes) cuz im desperate and this is the also the first time ive been on the pill. I just dont think im going to last a whole month.