Page 11 of Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 759 reviews

Brand: Diane-35

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Reviewed on July 26, 2012

I have very severe acne and nothing seemed to be helping. Tried the regimen, several rounds of antibiotics, but no luck. I knew I had hormonal acne and so my derm prescribed Diane 35 which cleared my acne completely in 7-8 months. I took it for 14 months and now, 2 months after stopping it, the acne's creeping back with 2 cysts on my chin :( It can differ from person to person depending on their hormonal balance once they stop the pill.

Aus, Australia
Reviewed on July 11, 2012

I have been on Estelle 35 ed, the generic brand of Diane 35, for 2 months, about to start my third packet in 3 days. I am a 20 year old girl, very fit and active. But for the past month particularly (when estelle really started to kick in) I have felt so off. I have felt really unwell and sluggish. SO tired, nauseas, headaches, sore muscles. And i have been craving foods i never have liked. I am usually so careful with my diet. But i have been eating non-stop! Just ravenous and the cravings are crazy. I got thrush which has only happend once before when i tried Yaz when i was 18. So all these symptoms are definitely from Estelle. I have been using Differin, which is a topical skin treatment and i think thats what has helped my skin. Because i havent noticed any real difference. It has only been 2 months so im sure if i waited and kept going with Estelle that eventually it may help but i cannot deal with the symptoms im getting. I feel like a completely different person. I read all the previous reviews on this page when i was in my first month of estelle and poo hooed it all i guess. But by my second month i can totally see where all these women are coming from. I cant even explain it but i am just not me. I am exhausted, cranky and feel generally unwell a lot of the time. I went and got a blood test to check if it was something else but i am healthy. it is all from the pill. Bottom line- It may agree with some people, but it certainly isnt agreeing with me. This is all about trial and error..so i will just have to try something else.

Jenna, Jamaica
Reviewed on July 8, 2012

I've done differin gel, retin-a cream, antibiotics, proactiv, you name it. Diane-35 is my acne wonder drug. Whenever I'm on it my face looks great and my skin isn't excessively oily like a slice of pizza. Only when I'm on the pill does my skin normally respond to a good face regime like the benzoyl peroxide and salycic acid washes from brands like Neutrogena and Clean & Clear. Otherwise, it's a losing battle just using a facial topical regime alone. HOWEVER, due to the side effects of spider veins and leg circulation issues, it's not something I can use for more than the recommended 6mth time otherwise the side effects get worse. That disappoints me because within a few mths of stopping the pill my face breaks out HORRIBLY. I've been searching forever for a more natural way to battle acne, but until that comes along, Diane-35 is really my go to drug for good skin. Just remember to still keep that face clean and limit your sugar intake. Doesn't help the face.

Kathy, Canada
Reviewed on May 31, 2012

It's worth a try if you can can control your hunger. Because honestly, this pill opens up your hunger which is the reason why I personnally gained weight. However, it does the job. I start to see significant results in 3 months and it takes me 6 months to have a clear face. Now, it's been 2-3 months that i am finshed with the treatment and i did not have any new breakouts or whatsoever. Of course, I still have occasionallly a pimple or two due to my periods, but nothing dramatic.

Anonymous
Reviewed on May 23, 2012

Diane 35 affects testosteron receptors in your skin.Ones with oily,acne prone skin have more of those receptors then ones with dry or normal skin.When testosteron bind to receptor,skin starts to produce sebum which becomes an acne.The pill blocks receptors therefore glands do not produce sebum because testosteron can't be bind.If you have a normal hormone levels (you probably have if you have regular menstruation cycle ) there are no side effects as nausea,weight gain, emotional affect as depression,mood swings, loss of libido.Those side effects come from higher level of estrogen in your body,plus more estrogen you take from the pill.

Diane 35 work perfectly for me,because my first problem are testosteron receptors (not hormon levels).No weight gain, l got rid of new acne in 3 weeks,shorter,less painfull and bloody periods and I have bigger boobs (praise the estrogen :D).

To girls with severe side effects I suggest test for hormone levels,and changing the therapy colsulting the dermatologist or gynecologist.

Btw Avѐne TriAcnaél cream for local use works great with Diane 35 acne therapy ;)

Elizabeth, Sydney
Reviewed on May 23, 2012

My skin suddenly broke out like crazy one day (forehead, cheeks) and I was looking for a potentially long-term option as opposed to antibiotics which wear off. I was prescribed Estelle 35, a generic version of Diane.

Skin was pretty crap until about 3 months later, but along with that, I gained around 8 kilos. I'm usually petite, around 43 kg with a fast metabolism, and this pill pretty much killed me...It also made me really bloated and gassy (sorry, that's a little gross to say but just warning you guys.) I'm going to give it up soon because I hate feeling so swollen all the time.

carly
Reviewed on May 16, 2012

please please stay away from this product! I am here to give you my story from personal experience. I have been slim my whole life as I play alot of sports and am very active. I switched to this birth control because my doc said it would also help clear my acne- it did. HOWEVER, this pill made me very sick. I would wake up about once a week and not be able to keep my breakfast down. I tried taking it at different times with different foods NOTHING stopped it. I also gained about 15 pounds in 6 months, which is weird because I play competitive soccer and dance! Overall please trust me there are much better bc pills out there that will deliver the same results! I forgot to mention- after I finally stopped taking this pill my acne came back worse then before! (it wasnt too bad before hand) but I started getting cystic acne after stopping this medication. please please stay away from this!

Kaity, Canada
Reviewed on May 15, 2012

I've had cystic acne since I was 13 and started to take Diane 35 when I was 14. I stayed on it until I was 18 (19 now) and decided to try other alternatives. To say the least, Diane is the only prescription that will prevent my acne. I have currently been off of it for ~7 months, and am on minocyclin with topical clindamycin, but while it is wonderful at clearing up acne it is not so great at preventing it and I still break out through it often. Pro-activ did not help at all.

Since it is strong it is crucial to take it properly or it will make you sick. When I first started taking it I noticed results within 4 weeks and hopefully will have the same luck this time around. It works great and definitely recommend it to anyone who is struggling with acne, but as with anything, please be mindful of symptoms that can indicate a problem!

Reviewed on May 7, 2012

Hi girls, i tried doxycycline and erythromycin for 3 years, it worked for awhile, and the antibiotic doesn't work anymore. doctor reccomanded me diane35/estelle35, since it reduces oil. Im the lucky batch that estelle35 worked 2 days after taking. pimples are starting to clear with no new cystic ones popping out. face less oily, seeing hope on estelle35.

only cons is i feel thirsty and bigger boobs so far. thirstiness could lead to weight gain, nt a problem for me because I'm underweight for now.

goodluck!

g0oo0f, Cali, USA
Reviewed on February 21, 2012

I have waited a full & complete 6 months to review this...it DOES work, but it takes TIME. As you can see for me, the cons outweigh the pros. Unfortunately, this has been the only thing to effectively clear up my acne, and I have tried EVERYTHING! So for me, it's worth it. Chances are it will probably get worse before it gets better, but for most people it usually kicks in in 3-4 months. I was one of the unlucky ones who it took a complete 6 months to see full results. But now, I RARELY break out. I used to have 3-4 new pimples/cysts each day. Waking up with nothing to worry about seeing it the mirror is so, so worth it :-) if you're from the USA, you can order this BC from a canadian pharmacy online with your doctors prescription.