Page 11 of Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 749 reviews

Brand: Diane-35

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Reviewed on February 15, 2012

I took this when I first started taking medication for my acne, which was nearly 7 years ago. At that age it affected me emotionally and when I stopped taking them for a week every month I would suffer drastic emotional meltdowns. Now that I am 23 and I need something strong again, I started taking it again and I have been far more able to control its side effects. I dont recommend starting off on this, but when you are older and more mature, it is much easier to handle and the payoff is noticeable after about 4-5 weeks.

Reviewed on February 9, 2012

I'm 17 and I started getting acne about a year and a half ago, and I've been on multiple medications prescribed by both my doctor and dermatologist, to help treat it. Every single medication has failed me, including this one. I have been on this for about 6 months now, and I have not seen any difference. I feel as though this medication actually makes my acne worse, and when im on my period, my face clears up. I tried convincing my doctor to let me try another brand, but he told me to stay on it longer. I was using this medication alone for about 4 months, and then i was prescribed 2 other medications to take with it, but it still has not cleared up my acne. Diane-35 did not make me nauseous at all, and It's an extremely easy medication to take, since it's so small.. But overall, i wouldnt recommend it to anyone with somewhat severe acne because it will most likely make it worse.

Reviewed on February 1, 2012

DO NOT USE.. the 35 represents the dose of estrogen in the pill and if your like me and have bad pms already then it will litterly make you crazy! I was fine for about the first 2 months but from then on I was crying about everything and anything!! I had severe moodswings and craved sweet things all the time and i don't even like sweets! It got to the point where my mom and boyfriend told me to go to the doctor and get checked cuz they thought something was wrong with me!. I am now on another pill and i feel completely normal. user beware!!

Reviewed on December 11, 2011

It took me 5-6 months to see the 1st results but since then... zero acne!

I took it for 5 years and then stopped just to see if acne would appear again... it did after 3 months! So I definitely took it again. Diane35 saved my face (and some parts of my back), my acne used to be severe back when I was a teenager.

Reviewed on December 7, 2011

a pretty good solution if you have oily skin, but not so good for the long term. If you've tried everything, try this, though.

Reviewed on December 4, 2011

i had terrible weight gain when i took this. but overall it did clear up my acne and my face is not oily. but once i finished the pills for 3 weeks consumption, the acne came back like mad and it was horrid + my crave for the food were non stop.

Reviewed on November 30, 2011

Never worked for me at all!

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

I've had problems with acne since my teens and am now in my 30s. I have tried Diane 35 in the past for teen acne without much success.This was the last resort before taking roaccutane and has worked brilliantly, even after 5 weeks.

I would definitely recommend it for anyone suffering from hormonal/adult acne!

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

I will never ever stop taking Diane ever again. A few years back my GP suggested I try a different pill because my acne problem seemed to have disappeared. I took the other pill for 4 days and immediately started breaking out so I went straight back on Diane. I think Diane is the right pill for me but it may not be right for everyone.