Diane-35 reviews

3.3/5 - 715 reviews

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Inactivel Ingredients:
Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

This worked for me while i was on it
Reviewed on December 10, 2014

I had medium acne during my early 20's and i started taking diane pills when i was 22 because a friend adviced me to use it to control my acne... I was taking this for more than 3 years and from the 2nd year my skin totally cleared... Now im 26, married and planning to have a baby so i have to stop using the pills, and a month after i stopped my cystic acne's started having party on my face, not a big party but i can feel that they are starting to come together and make a big celebration after years of being prisoned... For those who have hormonal acne, this is really a good treatment but not for the long run because eventually one day you have to stop taking it... But i was so happy that time when my skin cleared...

So happy!!!
Reviewed on December 8, 2014

Here is my prestory: I had perfect clear skin all my life. When I turned 20 I started breaking out in little bumps on my forehead then on my chin...by this time I started trying different acne creams like differin, tactuo, clindamycin,azone you name it. Even though I noticed my skin would regenerate faster and the pimple would not live as long (because my skin was peeling and red all the time thanks to the creams) my acne was getting worse...I was starting to get cystic acne on my cheeks, very deep painful ones on my chin. Tactuo actually gave me a very bad allergic rash on my cheeks. Its very harsh, wouldnt recommend using it. My skin was also getting to be veeery oily. Then i started trying different antibiotics like tetracycline....then when it didn't work after couple month i tried doxycycline.....I was dong different facials, peels, microdermabrasions..... I also went on birth control - Aviane. As months went by and i was trying everything including carefully watching my diet and my acne kept getting worse. My self esteem was going down so fast where it got to the point where I was so depressed I was crying all the time and I would skip classes at university just so I don't have to go out in public. I was seriously about to beg my doctor for Accutane when I read up that Aviane is actually not very good birth control for your skin because it doesn't have any antiandrogens and Diane 35 even though has lots of side effects and an elephant dose of estrogen has promising results for people who suffer with hormonal acne (which I concluded was my case) so after a year of suffering with acne i decided to give it a try.

Diane 35 results:

First week I took it I broke out very weirdly in unusual spots and more then usual. During second week one day I woke up and I am not even kidding - MY SKIN WAS NOT OILY ANYMORE! It was very sudden and felt like a miracle. No shine at all. My hair wasn't getting greasy as fast either. I was very happy even though I still broke out like usual before my period, I finally felt like there was hope.

Then for a few months I would still break out but definitely not as much and my old marks had time to heal. I had one week where I would not have even a single pimple and another week get a usual amount of acne - deep painful ones. But my advice - don't get discouraged!! Just keep taking it.

4 months in, my skin drastically improved! I was getting may be 4-5 pimpels a month and the quality of my skin wasnt rough and bumpy anymore it was sooo smooth and I was finally getting some even skintone. I stopped taking all those useless antibiotics and topical creams that just gave me rashes and made my skin super sensitive. My depression went away, I was still obsessed with foundation and a bit self-conscious but I felt normal and healthy.

Right now it's almost a year since a started taking Diane 35 and I can say that i am 100% acne free! I could go a month without having even 1 zit and im sooo happy! I can go outside with no make up at all and feel good about my skin. I think everybody deserves that! I am still very careful with my skin regime though.

Side affects;

Yes I got very moody first month or two while taking Diane 35 but I was already very depressed so I can't say that it influenced my life in a negative way. And yes I gained may be 5 pounds since I started taking it, my appetite really went up and my boobs got a bit bigger...and I still carry that weight. Yes for the first bit my sexual desire was almost non existent ....but now that I think about this it was all SO WORTH IT! I was very unhappy my family doctor wanted to put me on antidepressants and I would even avoid seeing my parents and my boyfriend. This pill saved me and I recommend it to anyone with hormonal acne. Oh and my moodiness and libido is back to normal...I guess the body just needed sometime to adjust.

As far as coming off it to conceive a baby I am really scared because of all the reviews that acne comes right back :/

But please give this pill a try before taking accutane! It might be just as much as a miracle for you as it turned out to be for me :)

Need help
Reviewed on December 1, 2014

So Im almost a week into my 5th month of diane 35.... I'm extremely happy that I do not get any cystic acne anymore and I have not gotten any acne anywheres else other than on my chin since I started taking it.. I was told by my doctor that it usually takes about 4 months to work so I've been waiting and waiting and reading reviews that it sometimes takes as much as 6 months to completely clear your skin. I'm quite happy with my skin it's better than it has been all year only have 3 small bumps on my chin but I really hoped that diane 35 would clear my skin completely by now.. Can someone tell me if it helped them eventually? I am going to keep taking it I just want to know if eventually this will stop. I missed a pill 2 days ago and the next day is when the bumps showed up.. Is that maybe why?

Life Changing
Reviewed on November 20, 2014

I have to say that this drug changed my life. I had had severe cystic acne from the time I was 15 years old. I had tried antibiotic (too numerous to name), Accutane (horrible, horrible drug), Spironolactone and U.S. made birth control pills such as Ortho Tri-Cyclen. Done of them did anything, other than cause awful side effects. I was finally told by my doctor that there was nothing else they could do for me and that I would just have to learn to live with the problem. But, in my 30's I started searching the internet for help and found out about Diane 35, which you can't obtain from doctors in the U.S. I ordered some from on-line and was somewhat fearful of taking an unknown drug with no medical advice or monitoring, but by this time I was at my absolute wits end. I have to say that it started working almost right away and it helped me so much with my PMS as well. I found that my skin would clear up for about two weeks per month and then break out again with my period. Eventually I hit upon taking the pills for five days out of the week for the entire month rather than having a seven pill break once per month. That did the trick and my skin is so clear and pretty that strangers stop me and comment on it! Never before in my life had someone told me I had nice skin. NEVER... I had suffered through so much pain, depression and isolation due to cystic acne, I never thought I'd ever have a normal life. Truly, this was a miracle drug for me. I know that everyone won't have the same experience with it that I did, but for me, it was life changing. The best years of my life were ruined, but there was a light at the end of the tunnel for me. My heart goes out to anyone suffering with this. Just don't give up trying to find a solution, don't ever give up!

Painful
Reviewed on November 20, 2014

I just completed my first month of Diane-35 and I've decided to stop this treatment. The first night I was up until 5 in the morning vomiting. The second and third days I stayed home from school with extreme stomach pains. Throughout the month the pain has come and gone, but I've experienced strange cramps on an hourly basis. I haven't seen any worsening or improvement with my acne, although the small whiteheads on my forehead have seemed to disappear, but I believe that was due to my topical treatment. So in conclusion, I've decided to go with natural remedies and not risk my body becoming dependent on a treatment that harms me.

Horrible acne!
Reviewed on October 16, 2014

I'm 27 years old and I started taking Estelle 35 aka Diane 35 to help lessen the intense cramping, heavy bleeding/clotting/anemia associated with my periods. I've been using this for 3 months now and during this time my face has completely broken out in large, red, cystic pimples. I've never had a problem with my skin before usually only breaking out before my period, but after starting Estelle my face has completely changed. I was hoping that it was just because my body needed to adjust to the hormones, but it seems to only be getting worse. I was on levlen before and found it didnt help at all with my period pain. The relief and ability to be able to walk every month is the only reason iv put up with the terrible acne. My wedding is in a few months and i just wish it clears up soon or i will go back to my gp and try again.

Did not help at all!
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

I am 18 years old and I was put on this pill because of my unbalanced hormones, my acne was never really that bad and my weight was always average and hadn't changed in years, but my emotions had always been quite up and down. I read pages and pages of these reviews in hope that this would be my miracle pill. This pill broke me out in acne very badly and made me very very emotionally unstable and extremely paranoid, I thought I had some sort of terrible mental disorder, I thought I really was going insane! I also put on 7 kilo's in the few months that I was on Diane, and have gone up 2 dress sizes, but a week after stopping this pill I lost 2 kilo's and am still eating the exact same as before, yes my breasts did get bigger but that came with putting the weight on and they were extremely sore for the whole 2 months! I am a smoker and I was very worried about getting blood clots on this pill, I did get a lot of pains and cramps in my arms, legs and stomach during my time on the pill but nothing major resulted from them. I had high hopes for this pill but for me personally I think the side effects outweigh the pro's for this product! I did not lose hair after stopping this pill, my acne is slowly starting to go and my emotional state is on its way to recovery. I say go for it if it is a last option with your acne and if you're willing to put up with what may happen to your body!

great for skin that's it!
Reviewed on September 15, 2014

I've been on Diane for 3 months now and was on it about a year ago for the same amount of time. I'm now choosing to go off It after 3 months because last time I did this my skin was amazing for almost 6 months. The side effects of this drug are horrible for me. I'm so moody I almost cant handle it and my poor boyfriend. Sometimes I don't know who I am my moods are so weird. Its making my IC (interstitial cystitis ) worse and so I cant sleep at night so I'm beyond tired. I crave everything under the sun and have gained 5 pounds. My boobs have gone up 2 sizes a plus for some people but they are super sore most of the time. Hopefully after I go off this drug that my face will be clear like it did last time. I have a cleaning regiment for my face that is working great so going to keep that up. It's not good to stay on this drug for too long also as the long term side effects can really effect your body.

Working Progress
Reviewed on May 5, 2014

I've been taking diane-35 for 4 weeks now and I am happy to see that my face is clearing up. I guess it made my acne worse during my 3rd week on it. I had lots of big lumps of acne (cystic acne) on my cheeks and bit of smaller ones on my forehead and chin. Most of it already healed although there are scars left, it looks a lot better now. When it comes to side effects, so far I experienced headaches (at least twice) before my period. Also, I gained 10 pounds since I started taking diane-35. I'm having breast pain most of the time and my boobs actually looks bigger than it used to and there are a few times that I feel depressed. On the brighter side, my skin feels smoother. I don't know if the pills have something to do with it but my skin look fairer too. I'm so loving it!

by Gracy062602 on 08/02/2014 09:02
I have finished the first pack of Diane35, i am off pill 4 days now. I still have pimples on my forehead and chin. Is that normal?
by Gracy062602 on 08/02/2014 09:14
by Gracy062602 on 08/02/2014 09:20
by Shpresa994 on 11/28/2014 21:52
Diane 35 starts to work out after you finish three packs ,your acne starts to get better at the end of the secont packet and this treatmet lasts at least 6 month or nine month for completely treatment .if your acnes are gone after three months of using it you should use diane even three more months for acnes dissapering forever.that means if your acne are gone in three month you should use diane even three other month.good luck
Working so far
Reviewed on April 20, 2014

Im 16 and been on diane 35 for 9 days. I don't have bad acne but I do have some pimples on my cheeks and I've used everything to get rid of them but nothing worked so i knew it was hormonal so I got diane 35 the first 2 days I felt I was getting more pimples and the 3rd day I woke up and my hair was all over my pillow I was kinda scared but I still was taking the pill the 2nd day my hair stop falling out so I guess that was just a effect or something but it never fell out since but over all my face is getting so much better all those pimples I got when I first started using the pill are leaving and my face is starting to clear up so hopefully it keeps getting better

Good luck!