Diane-35 reviews

3.3/5 - 722 reviews
Diane-35

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Inactivel Ingredients:
Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

There is hope!
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

I started my first phase of Diane-35 around February, 2012. I had severe acne which wasn't limited to my face- shoulders, back, and scalp were also badly affected. I started seeing results after 5 months, when big, and horrific acne were less recurring. By the start of spring 2013 I had clear skin, and great hair. Since my doctor prescribed me the medicine for 1.5 years, I decided to complete my course and then went off it around February, 2014.

The real problem started after I stopped Diane. My acne came back worse than ever, and I had added depression. When I was on Diane I was very normal, even cheerful because it really helped to stabilise my hormones. I guess it must be some sort of withdrawal symptoms, that I had severe depression. I went back on Diane during July, 2014 for a 8 month course, so I was done by February,2015.

So far, it has worked wonderfully to stabilise my hormones, and get rid of acne and depression. I'm still carefully monitoring my skin to spot recurrences, and so far all is well. I still get a few bumps and stuff, but it isn't as horrifying, because mind you, mine was acne vulgaris of the nasty type. The mild acne disappears within a few days.

One thing my doctor (endocrinologist) repeatedly told me was not to depend too much on Diane to regulate my hormones. I was strictly told to workout and stay active everyday, so that I don't become too dependent on medicines. And believe me, it works.

Diane will work differently for everyone, because we are dealing with hormones after all, but don't be disheartened if its not effective after 3 or 5 months. Be patient. And if you do get depressed, remember that its only the medicine, not you. There is hope.

Good luck!

How much longer?!
Reviewed on April 21, 2015

I have just finished my 3rd month on Estelle 35 which is the generic version of Diane 35 (exactly the same thing one is just cheaper). I am so close to giving up because i'm not sure how much longer i have to wait until i see results. I have not seen ANY results on Diane, i don't feel my acne has gotten any worse or better.

I don't have any cystic acne my acne only consists of small bumps on my forehead that are under the surface of the skin and don't really rise above it yet NEVER seem to budge.

In terms of side effects i have noticed many perhaps 1-2kg weight gain nothing drastic, my period still seem to run for a good 6-7 days. I'm not really sure if this is normal because i know that it's meant to shorten your period..

Hoping Estelle 35 kicks in soon because i have read so many good reviews on it.

Work in Progress
Reviewed on April 2, 2015

I'm 18 years old, female and just finished my 3rd month of a generic brand of Diane, same thing though. If you're reading this you're either:

A) Thinking of getting on Diane

B) Already on Diane and wondering when it's gonna start working!

or, C) Looking to see if your side effects are normal.

MY ACNE:- I have had moderate acne for about three years now, generally my pimples are big and blind (underneath the skin), take ages to surface and then ages again to repair so when I get one it's almost kind of devastating. After that I usually get a cluster around the initial mother pimple which sucks too.

RESULTS SO FAR:- I'm posting this just to let you know (whoever may be reading this) that I'm not one of the lucky ones who has achieved perfectly clear skin after only one to three months of using this drug. Since being on Diane, I honestly think my acne has gotten worse, not a crazy amount, but it hasn't improved just yet. This doesn't mean however that it won't start working very soon! Most of the reviews I've read only notice a difference between the second to fifth or sixth month. After all, it is a hormonal treatment and your body must adjust to it. This may involve random breakouts that aren't like the ones you've had previously, they may be in different areas or of a different volume. Don't freak out! it's pretty normal and they will clear.

SIDE EFFECTS:- Personally, I have experienced some of the common side effects such as trouble getting to sleep (not too bad or often), mood swings and breast growth/ soreness. I honestly do believe that the mood swings I've been having can be controlled with a mind-over-matter mentality, take a deep breath and calm down or watch a sad movie and have a cry! It's okay to be a bit temperamental unless it's leading you to harm yourself or others. If you're looking to try Diane but are nervous about the side effects, just try it. You can stop taking it at any time if the side effects (if you have any) become too much for you. I haven't even had results and I'm not bothered by the side effects!

THE TRUTH ABOUT OTHER REVIEWS:- Don't freak out when you read reviews that seem incredibly bad, everyone reacts differently and many are very quick to not only slam a drug that didn't work for them, but they're obviously going to exaggerate their story to sway the minds of those who are interested in taking Diane because they're angry with their result after spending time and money for it! Acne can be exhausting, frustrating but also expensive.

All I'm saying is that if you're at two or three months with no result, persist. I'm going to update this review when I finish my 6th month of Diane because I feel it's important to share my story.

Good luck, I know how tough it can be but you're not alone x

by MC6 on 04/15/2015 11:43
I just finished my first pack and I have not noticed any changes so far, starting the second in a few days though. Your post was really helpful since I do feel this medicine can improve my acne problems. Thanks for sharing and please, keep us updated! I will do the same.
I believe Diane35 will give me a happier life
Reviewed on March 21, 2015

It's my second week of using Diane 35. I suffered from severe acne on face, and all over my trunk including my butt. They are all healed but they left severe dark spots, hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation. I have different skin problems on body that cause me to be depressed. I used different products but they didn't work on me. I used very expernsive antibiotic.. Well, it's effctive but I can't use it forever for health and financial reasons. Then I saw good reviews about diane35 so I decided to try it. It's my second week now..I noticed I have less oil on face and hair whenever I wake up in the morning.. My face is getting better I guess..not so sure. i will have to wait for 4-5months before I can be sure if it really works on my acne. About the sude effects? Well, I noticed my breasts are getting bigger..wow! i love it! And was really moody before I use diane3 but to my surprise.. I am more emotioally stable now. No depression at all, I don't ger angry too fast and eerything is like easy for me to do.. I don't know but it works well in changing mg mood. From having mood swings to a happy me! I know not all users of diane35 don't feel the way like I do. I am so excited to see more good results in the next months!

I will update u guys!

I would never recommend this.
Reviewed on March 13, 2015

I am 17 years old and have had medium to severe acne since I was 11. I have tried everything out there, prescription, non-prescription, high-risk, home remedies, laser treatment and nothing has worked. nothing. My doctor suggested I go on birth control (For migraines and terrible menstrual pains) but he said it would help with my acne too. This made my skin break out into terribly huge painful cystic pimples. Everywhere. On my shoulders, back, chest, and on places in my face that weren't affected by acne before. I tried the full three months I had been prescirbed for, hoping that it would get better but it didn't at all. My period cramps were so painful I couldn't walk. My face was so oily and painful I didn't want to leave my house from embarrasment. And I had extreme mood swings and depression during and since I have stopped Diane-35. My period cramps have only gotten worse since I have stopped, and my acne is just as bad or worse than while I was on Diane-35. This product messed with my hormones so much that nothing has worked to get it back to normal. I stopped talking it 5 months ago.

by robertathaise on 05/17/2015 08:03
Problably you have pcos !
perfect skin, no side effects
Reviewed on February 26, 2015

Years of antibiotics and topic products could not do what this product has done for my skin, which is to remove not only acne but blackheads.

Pros: perfectly Clear skin

reduced PMS

reduced period pain

thicker hair

slightly fuller chest

Cons: 1 kilo (2 pounds) water weight gain

by Critta0985 on 03/13/2015 21:56
Can I ask how long have you been on it?
Diane 35--Only works whilst you are on it.
Reviewed on January 30, 2015

I took Ginnete 35 , generic version for two years when i was 25 and my face went from sand paper to baby bum smooth. I also looked very feminine and had this glow happening. I was very pretty on the outside but on the inside i was not happy. The mood swings were not a joke, i could cry at absolutely anything and my libido was just not there.. my cervical mucous was so white and sticky the whole time i was on Diane so sex was very much not enjoyable and dry-ish for me..oh and my hair was not growing anymore. When the time came for me to try for a baby , i stopped Dianne and thats when all hell broke loose...i could not conceive for a good 1 year 2 months and the acne was coming back slowly but surely.. the once glowing skin was now very oily.. libido came back..hair grew back, my moods wings got better..in short i just got back to what i was..except that i could not conceive. . Then i went to the Derma who prescribed tetralysal. I used it for 4 months then had to stop because i started having severe stomach cramps.. when i went to get these checked.i was diagnosed with colitis and they also found out that I was two weeks pregnant. So i stopped taking Tetralysal...and miscarried the baby at 8 weeks. I then went to a fertility clinic and they prescribed Glucophage because they said i had developed PCOS and found 2cm fibroid which i never had before Dianne 35 because my mensus was very much on time and i would know when i was ovulating and when i was not. Anyway I stopped all acne treatments and concentrated on trying to get a baby. Though my acne had stabilized whilst on tetralysal, I could tell it was starting to get worse but the rate was very slow maybe because of the Glucophage. Within two months of glucophage, i fell pregnant...my acne got better as i remained on the glucophage. When i gave birth, it was hell on earth,.the acne just got bad..three times worse that it originally was. I went back to the derma and was put on Erymicin, Skinoren, Retin A and a cream for scars with 4% hydroquinone. Things improved drastically but my derma ackowledged me that it was temporary because once i stop all this, the acne will just come back again . so she offered to put me on accutane once i finshed breastfeeding. I breastfed for a yr and have started my accutane treatment and its only been three days without any problems. I will not be taking birth controls with this and my birth control method will be using abstinence and condoms. will write a review on the accutane once iv completed treatment

This worked for me while i was on it
Reviewed on December 10, 2014

I had medium acne during my early 20's and i started taking diane pills when i was 22 because a friend adviced me to use it to control my acne... I was taking this for more than 3 years and from the 2nd year my skin totally cleared... Now im 26, married and planning to have a baby so i have to stop using the pills, and a month after i stopped my cystic acne's started having party on my face, not a big party but i can feel that they are starting to come together and make a big celebration after years of being prisoned... For those who have hormonal acne, this is really a good treatment but not for the long run because eventually one day you have to stop taking it... But i was so happy that time when my skin cleared...

So happy!!!
Reviewed on December 8, 2014

Here is my prestory: I had perfect clear skin all my life. When I turned 20 I started breaking out in little bumps on my forehead then on my chin...by this time I started trying different acne creams like differin, tactuo, clindamycin,azone you name it. Even though I noticed my skin would regenerate faster and the pimple would not live as long (because my skin was peeling and red all the time thanks to the creams) my acne was getting worse...I was starting to get cystic acne on my cheeks, very deep painful ones on my chin. Tactuo actually gave me a very bad allergic rash on my cheeks. Its very harsh, wouldnt recommend using it. My skin was also getting to be veeery oily. Then i started trying different antibiotics like tetracycline....then when it didn't work after couple month i tried doxycycline.....I was dong different facials, peels, microdermabrasions..... I also went on birth control - Aviane. As months went by and i was trying everything including carefully watching my diet and my acne kept getting worse. My self esteem was going down so fast where it got to the point where I was so depressed I was crying all the time and I would skip classes at university just so I don't have to go out in public. I was seriously about to beg my doctor for Accutane when I read up that Aviane is actually not very good birth control for your skin because it doesn't have any antiandrogens and Diane 35 even though has lots of side effects and an elephant dose of estrogen has promising results for people who suffer with hormonal acne (which I concluded was my case) so after a year of suffering with acne i decided to give it a try.

Diane 35 results:

First week I took it I broke out very weirdly in unusual spots and more then usual. During second week one day I woke up and I am not even kidding - MY SKIN WAS NOT OILY ANYMORE! It was very sudden and felt like a miracle. No shine at all. My hair wasn't getting greasy as fast either. I was very happy even though I still broke out like usual before my period, I finally felt like there was hope.

Then for a few months I would still break out but definitely not as much and my old marks had time to heal. I had one week where I would not have even a single pimple and another week get a usual amount of acne - deep painful ones. But my advice - don't get discouraged!! Just keep taking it.

4 months in, my skin drastically improved! I was getting may be 4-5 pimpels a month and the quality of my skin wasnt rough and bumpy anymore it was sooo smooth and I was finally getting some even skintone. I stopped taking all those useless antibiotics and topical creams that just gave me rashes and made my skin super sensitive. My depression went away, I was still obsessed with foundation and a bit self-conscious but I felt normal and healthy.

Right now it's almost a year since a started taking Diane 35 and I can say that i am 100% acne free! I could go a month without having even 1 zit and im sooo happy! I can go outside with no make up at all and feel good about my skin. I think everybody deserves that! I am still very careful with my skin regime though.

Side affects;

Yes I got very moody first month or two while taking Diane 35 but I was already very depressed so I can't say that it influenced my life in a negative way. And yes I gained may be 5 pounds since I started taking it, my appetite really went up and my boobs got a bit bigger...and I still carry that weight. Yes for the first bit my sexual desire was almost non existent ....but now that I think about this it was all SO WORTH IT! I was very unhappy my family doctor wanted to put me on antidepressants and I would even avoid seeing my parents and my boyfriend. This pill saved me and I recommend it to anyone with hormonal acne. Oh and my moodiness and libido is back to normal...I guess the body just needed sometime to adjust.

As far as coming off it to conceive a baby I am really scared because of all the reviews that acne comes right back :/

But please give this pill a try before taking accutane! It might be just as much as a miracle for you as it turned out to be for me :)

Need help
Reviewed on December 1, 2014

So Im almost a week into my 5th month of diane 35.... I'm extremely happy that I do not get any cystic acne anymore and I have not gotten any acne anywheres else other than on my chin since I started taking it.. I was told by my doctor that it usually takes about 4 months to work so I've been waiting and waiting and reading reviews that it sometimes takes as much as 6 months to completely clear your skin. I'm quite happy with my skin it's better than it has been all year only have 3 small bumps on my chin but I really hoped that diane 35 would clear my skin completely by now.. Can someone tell me if it helped them eventually? I am going to keep taking it I just want to know if eventually this will stop. I missed a pill 2 days ago and the next day is when the bumps showed up.. Is that maybe why?