Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 756 reviews

Brand: Diane-35

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Weight Concern
Reviewed on March 28, 2017

Hi! I'm planning to take diane 35, but i have concern regarding to my weight. My height is 5'2 and my weight is 62kg I'm actually overweight for my height. Can it affect the effectivity of diane 35 on me? Thank you!

Please enlighten me!

High dosage is high risk
Reviewed on March 21, 2017

I've been on different birth controls and pills for 15+ years, but I have NEVER had side effects like I had with this pill. I guess a high dosage pill (in this case estrogen) comes with the risk of more severe effects. I have never once before in my life had migraines or anything related to migraines. On Estelle 35 I had daily migraines that were so severe I could only lay in bed in the dark and cry from the pain. It started a few days after I started this pill, and they haven't come back since (over a year ago). I gave it a total of 3 weeks before deciding to stop torturing myself. On top of that, this pill has been linked to long term severe health issues - proven! It is banned in many other Western countries! Ladies there are so many less harmful effective birth control options, and smooth skin is not worth your life. Stop accepting this pill and the people who produce and prescribe it in spite of proven links to blood clots and other life threatening conditions.

My experience with Diane
Reviewed on March 6, 2017

I have been on Diane-35 for almost 6 years now. I am 22 years old, and my family doctor prescribed me this medication in high school mainly to cure my acne but also to be used as a contraceptive because no other birth control properly regulated my period. I must say, for all of you who are skeptical about this drug... It works wonders. It did take about 6 months for me to start seeing a change in my skin, but after that, my skin was nearly free of pimples (I would still get a few every now and then), and it has been that way for 6 years. Aside from merely its benefits of curing acne, I cannot express enough how perfect it is for period and hormone regulation. After the 6 month point, I can honestly say that my period has been so regular that I will know exactly what day of the month (and even approximate time of day) I will get my period, and I know exactly what to expect of my moods/skin at different points in the cycle. It has been life-changing. HOWEVER, this is where my concern starts to come in.

I've noticed that my hair throughout the years has been thinning dramatically and does not ever grow past a certain length. I use heat on my hair probably once every couple of days, and wash my hair about twice a week (I promise it's not gross; the natural oils make it healthy). So I know that can't possibly be the issue. It's gotten to the point where I got my hair dresser to put in sew-in extensions to make my hair thicker because I feel like I have no hair on my head. I am Italian mixed with Arabic, so you can probably guess that thick, long hair runs in my family. Recently I've read reviews about Diane about women complaining that they've lost close to 70% of their hair by the age of 30... and this freaks me right out. I went to the doctor about it and he prescribed me Tri-Cyclen (28) which I am hesitant to start taking because it didn't seem like he had any idea where my concern was and my body is so used to Diane at this point.

If anyone has any insights PLEASE do enlighten me!!

The pretty and ugly truth
Reviewed on January 27, 2017

Rarely had a pimple during my teens...had combination skin and suffered from mild eczema.

Fast forward to early adulthood. Suddenly (and I mean suddenly) saw whiteheads all cross my face mainly in the cheek and chin area. I would classify it as mild/moderate acne. It really distressed me at the time and affected my self confidence.

Spoke to my GP and after failing to see any noticeable results using prescription creams (Differin, Duac) she prescribed Diane-35. I used the generic brand (Brenda-35 and Estelle-35) ever since.

Changes I noticed: acne got worse for the first few weeks. Boobs got bigger. Gained a teensy bit of weight. In a few months my acne cleared up completely. No matter what I ate or how little or much I exercised my skin was acne free. I would get maybe one pimple every now and then but it was definitely bearable.

Late last year (August) I decided that I wanted to stop using the pill. My skin was clear but a) I did not wish to be so reliant on the pill and b) I experienced vaginal thrush which did not go away despite using prescription and over the counter meds. I had not experienced this during my first 4 years on the pill but I think my body was telling me it had enough.

My decision was a hard one because A LOT of people on the site have claimed that going off the pill ruined their skin. I was initially torn because on one hand I know how hard it was for me to live with acne but I also know my body wasn't coping with having the pill in my system. So what I decided to do was go off the pill, but ease my body into the hormonal changes that will happen as soon as I go off it.

In August I began to eat healthier by cutting down my consumption of diary and sugar. In September I cut it down even further and introduced my body to daily doses of zinc and evening primrose oil. In October I got off the pill and continued my diet/supplement regime.

I didn't get any pimples until November. A lot of people say they break out like crazy but in my experience I have only ever experienced three whiteheads in my chin area on any given day. Most days it is clear or I have one small whitehead. My chin area is a bit sensitive and bumpy but by no means would I classify it as breaking out.

After going off the pill I also noticed that my hair got oilier and my thrush problem disappeared.

I've been pill free for a few months now and so far I'm happy with the results. I am eating dairy and sugar occasionally but I consume it in small portions. I still take my supplements religiously as I believe my acne is hormonal and the supplements help balance my hormones. I think if I did not put in these measures my post-pill breakout would be much worse.

Diane-35 is a crutch. That is the honest truth. If you wish to use it make sure you know what you are getting yourself into.

Seeing results takes time but it's worth it
Reviewed on January 6, 2017

It took 3 months for me to see an improvement but now my skin is the best it's been in years. I used to constantly get large, painful cysts around my mouth and chin but I haven't had one for about a month. This month I didn't even get a breakout on my period. This is the only medication that has worked for my hormonal acne.

I did not have any side effects and I finally feel comfortable going out without makeup! I just hope that my skin doesn't get worse after I stop taking it.

still waiting for improvements
Reviewed on January 4, 2017

I'm just starting my 3rd month taking this pill, I can tell there are some improvement by now but nothing extraordinary. my skin is definitely a lot softer than how it used to be, but I'm still not totally acne-free. I'm very positive about Diane, so I'm still gonna take it for now, will update later!

Wait for it!!
Reviewed on December 13, 2016

I started using this product 5 months ago. I had milde to severe acne on my cheeks and on my chin. My forehead was quite clear. First month was brilliant. No new whiteheads or pimpels at all. But then boom, month 3 was the worst. My face was covered in acne. I never had that much acne at once. One day I was losing hope but still hoped for a change. Then the end of month 4 was the time where my acne totally backed off. My skin started to improve so much, and I didnt worried about it at all. Now it's the ending of month 5, and my skin is better then ever. Still have to deal with some little scaring and redness, but acne is gone so far. You will still get some whiteheads around your period, that is pretty normal ever for a perso without acne. I can only say, that dont give up too soon. This is not a over the night product, it conteins hormons your body needs to get used to it.

Waiting for improvement
Reviewed on October 10, 2016

I'm on the 2nd month taking this pill and i'm going for the third, I sincerely don't see much difference. My skin of the face was clear before but then i had stress and my period was causing me acne and I am a hairy girl so i decided to take this pill. My hair and skin are less greasy but i still get hormonal acnee, i even have a cyst and nodules and bumps over my face and even behind my ears and on my shoulders and back and sometimes lower back that i never had before and believe me it is all so painful. I will give it a chance and i will keep taking this pill until the 6th month and if i don't see improvement i will have to stop taking this pill. Althought i noticed the hair of my legs grow slower after waxing than before but my skin has been causing me pain because of hormonal acne, it puts me down everytime i feel a bit of pain on my shoulder or back and notice it's a new cyst and the scars they leave is just horrible :(

by Kyriadc on 10/14/2016 08:50
Hi... i have similar experience... i guess you want to try benzoyl peroxide gel for your cystic acne..
So far the worse experience
Reviewed on October 3, 2016

Iv been on this pill for a week now and already ended up in the hospital due to severe pains on left side doctor said taking this and with hormones changing that im going to get contractions , this has been 4 days and now today im sick and dizzy anyone else have any side effects like this ??

Please advise
Reviewed on September 25, 2016

My doctor just prescribed this medicine for me (Diane 35). I've never tried anything like this before. I have acne, extra hair on my chin area, and my period is irregular. I am only worried this will make me gain a lot of weight. Also, I'm worried it will affect my mood and sleeping. Please help me out with the symptoms.

by Evarossi on 10/20/2016 03:35
It is called PCOS -- Otherwise known as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. You have all the symptoms (I thought I had it so I saw my gyno) I reccomend you get a referral to see one, so they can check you out! They can check your hormone balance and see if you have any cysts on your ovaries which is most likely causing ur symptoms. good luck x