Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 729 reviews

Brand: Diane-35

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Acne
Reviewed on August 22, 2015

I am currently on Diane 35 for my skin. My acne was never severe or cystic but I did have continuous pimples and zits all over my cheeks and chin for about 5 years. I have been on the pill for just over a week now and my face is getting a lot better but I don't know if this is because of the pill or if it is because of my current skin care routine. I am wondering, if I should go off the pill after I finish the first months dose and continue with my skin care routine, or if I should stay on the pill. I want to know if acne comes back once the skin is clear and you get off the pill? Please help. I want to get off the pill but I want my skin to be clear.

by AcPecause on 08/24/2015 20:54
Its cones back after you get off the pill
Loved it, stopped it and acne came back, back on it!
Reviewed on August 22, 2015

I went on diane 35 when I was around 15-16 and it cleared me right up. I still got the occasional break out when my period was coming or if I left makeup on but honestly what I mostly dealt with was scars which I didn't mind because bb cream could cover those. Anyways I am now 19 and I stopped it maybe December 2014, and June 2015 I HAD to visit my doctor and get it prescribed again because my face was just at its worst in years. I am now about to start my third pack and my face has gotten better than two months ago for sure. Still not great tho, and for those two months I broke out kinda bad. It's looking up though and I will stick with it because I know it works from experience, and why give up after two months? Just stick around for another two and hey you'll probably have clear skin!

I started to pair retin-a with it about two weeks ago, every other day first week, and then moving up to everyday this week, at night. So far I haven't broken out more and I am hoping they make a good pair and that helps me with my scars and helps with the acne as well.

I have a forum or whatever you call it where I am posting my results. Feel free to check it out if any of you wanna get on diane 35, or you are on it like me and wanna see progress compared to yours and discuss stuff!

Give it time - it works!
Reviewed on August 22, 2015

Hi ladies - I suffer from mild acne with the odd breakout generally around chin area. I went on Diane 35 two months ago because my skin was becoming more irritated and oily from the summer heat. My doctor recommended Diane 35 and right now I'm on my second pack (finishing up my last week). During my first pack I didn't see any results. My face was still quite oily and I started to develop an acne rash of whiteheads along my chin and jawline - so yes, your skin does get worse at first! I was close to stopping but my doctor told me to ride it out. I'm glad I did! It wasn't until my second pack, halfway through, that I started to notice signicant results!!! I'm no longer oily and my acne has gone down significantly. I only have a few old zits but all the small whiteheads are almost gone. I'm hoping that my skin continues to heal during my 3rd pack and doesn't start to freak out again. So far I am extremely pleased with the results. Give it time ladies! You'll notice a difference!

Also, I was using a cream called Tazorac on my blemishes. Check the reviews on this stuff - it's great and it really helped!

by V48266 on 08/28/2015 16:48
Update - I know it's only been a week since I wrote my review but today I'll be finishing up my 2nd pack. I'm still noticing great results but my skin has gotten quite dry. This has helped me get rid of my old acne that I developed in the first 2 months (the hormonal acne and whiteheads along my chin and jawline). I haven't experienced any new blemishes yet and I'm starting to notice a smoother texture all over - but I wish the old blemishes and scarring would go away a lot quicker. That's the frustrating part! With my first 2 months, I noticed I broke out the most at the beginning (first 10 days) but according to some of the reviews I've been reading, the 3rd pack is where you get the best results. So fingers crossed! I don't think I can handle anymore breakouts!!
Plz suggest me
Reviewed on August 18, 2015

I read all comments nd suggestion realted diane 35 .. i need a little advise from.users of diane 35 .. who are taking it just to overcome the problem of acne... iam also facing acne problem.my acne is only my face.only on cheeks aera... for 3 -4 years ... sometime my acne totally vanished nd some time it grew again very badly...i am tired of using differnt face washes nd home remedies.. one of my freind suggest me to take diane 35 that it will help tu cure my acne problem... i want alll of u to suggest me to take medication.or not... please help me ...i reallly need to knw ...

by jennalynn on 08/21/2015 15:34
I have been on Diane-35 for just over 4 months now and I am happy with the results. My skin is noticeably clearer. I used to always get deep, hormonal acne that is painful and nearly impossible to get rid of, and I haven't gotten these pimples for the past two months. This medication is definitely making my acne more manageable and I am happy with the results. You should ask your doctor if this medication is right for you. In my opinion, the pros outweigh the cons.
by jennalynn on 08/21/2015 15:34
I just want clear skin NOW because I feel so fugly...
Reviewed on July 24, 2015

I've just recently started taking Chelsea-35 (generic brand) this month due to my PCOS. I've tried everything to cure my cystic acne around my chin and jaw line. I'm a vegan who eats very clean, I've tried so many over the counter products as well as antibiotics. I've been trying to cure this naturally but there is no hope when it comes to dealing with hormones. My doctor said I should take accutane but I'm so against taking it. It seems to be a short term cure rather than a long term one. Diane-35 was prescribed and the first week, my acne seemed the die down. Now, on my third week, my face has completely exploded. I avoid mirrors in public and really don't like looking at myself in the mirror at any point in time. I seriously can't bare how my face looks. From what I've read, this OCP seems to take an average of 4 months to kick in but I just want a fast solution! I feel so awful about myself but I think (and hope) this is the right solution and I just need to be patient. Any advice or similar situations?

by OneShoes on 07/24/2015 11:58
I've heard vitex is also a good supplement for women with PCOS to take but should I combine so many pills at once?
by Melaniemakayla on 07/24/2015 17:27
See the vegan twins on you tube that cut out oils and soy milk.. Their skin is so much better now! Worth a watch for sure and they have research about it that you apcan read xx please keep us updated
by OneShoes on 07/24/2015 21:35
Thank you so much! I'll definitely check them out!
Perfect for my Skin
Reviewed on July 10, 2015

Diane 35 worked amazingly for my skin, after about the third month my skin was amazing, I rarely got a spot and my scars had faded. I barely needed to even wear foundation anymore (a big thing coming from someone who normally didn't go out without lathering on my makeup). HOWEVER, on Diane I experienced seriously weight gain and put on about 10kgs in 5 months and struggled to lose the weight until I went off the pill. Would definitely still be on it if I didn't put on heaps of weight though.

by ElegantMosque on 08/22/2015 13:47
When you came off the pill did you find your skin problems came back??
Breaking Out Badly!
Reviewed on June 12, 2015

Ok so, I've just gone back on Diane 35 after having a 7 month break and I'm currently on my second pack and my skin is psycho!! However, thankfully people are talking about this because I actually didn't know that it got worse before it got better. I started Diane when I was in school around 17 years old for acne, but I don't remember my skin getting worse before it got better. However, I'm now 27 so I probably don't even remember that far back or took much notice anyway. But Diane never really cleared my skin completely like it did a lot of other people. I still got some pretty bad skin only on my chin/mouth area, but it was bad enough that I was put on Accutane twice, even though I was on Diane and it had already kicked in. However, my skin eventually broke out after both Accutane treatments (one when I was 18, the other when I was 19), which led me to believe that there is no cure for my acne, the only thing I can do is manage it. So I thought what could I do do get rid of these crappy break outs I keep getting as Diane only took the edge off. Well, I started using Proactiv, and I have to say it worked a treat. Combining Diane with Proactiv was like a god send, and I didn't get 1 hint of a pimple in like 4 years. Then I got all cocky and forgot what it was like to have bad skin, so I stopped using both. Anyway, I've had shocking skin for the past 2 years now because I was mis-diagnosed with 'perioral dermatitis' instead of adult acne which meant I couldn't just go on proactiv again, no skincare at all. Then I was thinking what if the pill made me get dermatitis?? But long story short I never had dermatitis, I had acne all along and Diane helped, but stopping Proactiv was the wrong thing to do. So there you have it. I've now been using Proactiv + for a while and love it. It can't stop those horrible hormonal acnes from coming up but it does help a lot. And the only reason my skin is so horrible now is because I've just started Diane again and thankfully have read other peoples experiences and realised that it's because of Diane that I am breaking out. I"m hoping once it kicks in and combining the pill's benefits to Proactiv that I'm already using, my skin should go back to its former glory. The key is to use a formula like Proactiv that has a small dose of BP, but that is a light exfoliator to get off the dead skin cells and get down into the dermis and clean it out, preventing potential pimples. Also, Salicylic acid helps a lot, and the new Proactiv formula has that in its moisteriser. I just wish I could fast forward time and bypass this whole crazy break out period from Diane!!!

There is hope!
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

I started my first phase of Diane-35 around February, 2012. I had severe acne which wasn't limited to my face- shoulders, back, and scalp were also badly affected. I started seeing results after 5 months, when big, and horrific acne were less recurring. By the start of spring 2013 I had clear skin, and great hair. Since my doctor prescribed me the medicine for 1.5 years, I decided to complete my course and then went off it around February, 2014.

The real problem started after I stopped Diane. My acne came back worse than ever, and I had added depression. When I was on Diane I was very normal, even cheerful because it really helped to stabilise my hormones. I guess it must be some sort of withdrawal symptoms, that I had severe depression. I went back on Diane during July, 2014 for a 8 month course, so I was done by February,2015.

So far, it has worked wonderfully to stabilise my hormones, and get rid of acne and depression. I'm still carefully monitoring my skin to spot recurrences, and so far all is well. I still get a few bumps and stuff, but it isn't as horrifying, because mind you, mine was acne vulgaris of the nasty type. The mild acne disappears within a few days.

One thing my doctor (endocrinologist) repeatedly told me was not to depend too much on Diane to regulate my hormones. I was strictly told to workout and stay active everyday, so that I don't become too dependent on medicines. And believe me, it works.

Diane will work differently for everyone, because we are dealing with hormones after all, but don't be disheartened if its not effective after 3 or 5 months. Be patient. And if you do get depressed, remember that its only the medicine, not you. There is hope.

Good luck!

by kitkat18 on 06/12/2015 05:40
Hi, did you break out initially when you started using Diane again? Because I've broken out badly and I'm on my second pack, and it's acne that I wouldn't usually get. Also, I noticed around the 5 month mark after going off Diane the first time my skin was getting worse and worse so that's why I've decided to go on. Exercise does work but I've gotta have clear skin before I can even think about hitting the gym! lol
How much longer?!
Reviewed on April 21, 2015

I have just finished my 3rd month on Estelle 35 which is the generic version of Diane 35 (exactly the same thing one is just cheaper). I am so close to giving up because i'm not sure how much longer i have to wait until i see results. I have not seen ANY results on Diane, i don't feel my acne has gotten any worse or better.

I don't have any cystic acne my acne only consists of small bumps on my forehead that are under the surface of the skin and don't really rise above it yet NEVER seem to budge.

In terms of side effects i have noticed many perhaps 1-2kg weight gain nothing drastic, my period still seem to run for a good 6-7 days. I'm not really sure if this is normal because i know that it's meant to shorten your period..

Hoping Estelle 35 kicks in soon because i have read so many good reviews on it.

by kitkat18 on 06/12/2015 05:41
Hi, I think your acne gets worse the first 3 months, then it gets better by your 4th packet, and by the 6 month mark it should be working properly. I'm going through the exact same thing as you so hang in there!
Work in Progress
Reviewed on April 2, 2015

I'm 18 years old, female and just finished my 3rd month of a generic brand of Diane, same thing though. If you're reading this you're either:

A) Thinking of getting on Diane

B) Already on Diane and wondering when it's gonna start working!

or, C) Looking to see if your side effects are normal.

MY ACNE:- I have had moderate acne for about three years now, generally my pimples are big and blind (underneath the skin), take ages to surface and then ages again to repair so when I get one it's almost kind of devastating. After that I usually get a cluster around the initial mother pimple which sucks too.

RESULTS SO FAR:- I'm posting this just to let you know (whoever may be reading this) that I'm not one of the lucky ones who has achieved perfectly clear skin after only one to three months of using this drug. Since being on Diane, I honestly think my acne has gotten worse, not a crazy amount, but it hasn't improved just yet. This doesn't mean however that it won't start working very soon! Most of the reviews I've read only notice a difference between the second to fifth or sixth month. After all, it is a hormonal treatment and your body must adjust to it. This may involve random breakouts that aren't like the ones you've had previously, they may be in different areas or of a different volume. Don't freak out! it's pretty normal and they will clear.

SIDE EFFECTS:- Personally, I have experienced some of the common side effects such as trouble getting to sleep (not too bad or often), mood swings and breast growth/ soreness. I honestly do believe that the mood swings I've been having can be controlled with a mind-over-matter mentality, take a deep breath and calm down or watch a sad movie and have a cry! It's okay to be a bit temperamental unless it's leading you to harm yourself or others. If you're looking to try Diane but are nervous about the side effects, just try it. You can stop taking it at any time if the side effects (if you have any) become too much for you. I haven't even had results and I'm not bothered by the side effects!

THE TRUTH ABOUT OTHER REVIEWS:- Don't freak out when you read reviews that seem incredibly bad, everyone reacts differently and many are very quick to not only slam a drug that didn't work for them, but they're obviously going to exaggerate their story to sway the minds of those who are interested in taking Diane because they're angry with their result after spending time and money for it! Acne can be exhausting, frustrating but also expensive.

All I'm saying is that if you're at two or three months with no result, persist. I'm going to update this review when I finish my 6th month of Diane because I feel it's important to share my story.

Good luck, I know how tough it can be but you're not alone x

by MC6 on 04/15/2015 11:43
I just finished my first pack and I have not noticed any changes so far, starting the second in a few days though. Your post was really helpful since I do feel this medicine can improve my acne problems. Thanks for sharing and please, keep us updated! I will do the same.
by kitkat18 on 06/12/2015 05:45
Hey! I'm on my second pack and my skin is worse than ever! First month was fine but second is not fun at all. I'm 8 days in and on the worst day break out wise. But I've been on this pill before and it actually did work for me, I just didn't remember my skin ever getting worse before it got better but I guess thats the case here. I heard 4th pack it gets better, then by the 6month mark it should start having noticeable results, which is what the info in the pack says anyway. Hang in there!!