Dermalogica Overnight Clearing Gel reviews

3.2/5 - 5 reviews

Brand: Dermalogica

Salicylic Acid (2%).

Water (Aqua), PEG 32, Butylene Glycol, PVM/MA Decadene Crosspolymer, Niacinamide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (Licorice Root), Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Acetate, Mahonia Aquifolium Root Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (Lavender), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria (Meadowsweet) Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract (Horse Chestnut), Crithmum Maritimum (Crithmum Maritimum Extract), Yeast (Faex) Extract, Melaleuca Altemifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Tea Tree), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil (Rosemary), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil (Sage), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil (Orange), Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil (Ginger), Cymbopogon Martini (Palma Rosa) Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil (Citronella), Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Biotin (Vitamin H), Panthenol, Caffeine, Camphor, 10 Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Sebacic Acid, 1,10 Decandiol, Oleanolic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PEG 60 Almond Glycerides, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol.

dermalogica overnight clearing gel, 1.7 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 13:31 UTC

Worst skin reaction EVER
Reviewed on July 24, 2016

I have suffered from hormonal acne for years now and I've literally tried everything. Lately things have been improving but then one day my skin started to hate me again and I had a few large pimples pop up. I had a test tube of the overnight clearing gel so I decided to give it a try. The next morning I woke up with three new angry, red pimples and a round red hive on the side of my face. I was so upset! I realize that this may have been my own skins reaction to the product, but now I am afraid to try it ever again. I use so many dermalogica products so I was very disappointed that this one did not work. However, I highly recommend dermalogica's skin clearing wash, sebum clearing masque, and daily microexfoliant. They're AMAZING. Good luck to all of you fighting your acne, I know it's a tough job!

Rose, Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed on August 26, 2012

I've had hormonal acne for years (from 14, I'm now 31), it disappears when I'm on the pill but I'm fed up of pumping my body full of hormones all the time. I decided to try Dermalogica products despite the price as I was so sick of using benzyl peroxide gel nightly and still having red marks from my acne and dry patches that in my opinion were almost as bad as the spots! Also I had blackheads that benzyl peroxide did nothing to clear so the spots never went away and I hate the bleach stains on my towels, bedding and clothes.

I'm using this gel in conjunction with the special cleansing gel, multi-active toner, daily microfoliant and active moist (oil free moisturiser) and my skin feel really smooth, the blackheads are going and the oil has calmed down. I hate the price but I think it's worth it to have clearer skin.

If you're going to use Dermalogica products go for the facial mapping first in store as I know I would have chosen completely the wrong products that would have been too drying and maybe made things worse.

Cormac, Ireland
Reviewed on November 27, 2011

It was ok. I was expecting a better result for the money. You also need to be very particuler about the amount you use, or your skin will dry out

Elle, Virginia
Reviewed on May 6, 2011

I have struggled with acne for years and this is the first effective over the counter product/brand to work for me. Made my acne manageable.

catWITHacne, Michigan
Reviewed on February 24, 2011

I love dermalogica products and really wanted their acne line to work, but while using the Clearing Skin Wash, Oil Control Lotion, Overnight Clearing Gel, and Special Clearing Booster, my acne continued and the only difference I noticed was increased dryness between breakouts. Fortunately this final acne line made me desperate, so I googled 'acne' one day and found acne.org. I've been clear of acne for FIVE MONTHS!