Page 2 of Dermalogica Clean Start reviews

3.6/5 - 30 reviews

Brand: Dermalogica

All Over Clear
Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Water, Witch Hazel Distillate, Isoceteth-20, Glycols (Butylene and Hexylene Glycol), Ethoxydiglycol, Benzyl PCA, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Oils (Lemon, Bitter Orange, and Cymbopogon Shoenanthus Oil), Extracts (Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Porphyra Umbilicalis, Melia Azadirachta Leaf, Arctium Lappa Root, Argania Spinosa Kernel, Sesame Seed, and Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract), Lecithin, Limonene, Citral, and Linalool.

Wash Off
Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Extracts (Spiraea Ulmaria, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Porphyra Umbilicalis, and Enanthia Chlorantha Bark Extract), Glycols (Butylene and Hexylene Glycol), Hydroxyethlcellulose, Glycerin, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Oils (Tea Tree Leaf, Lavener, and Orange Peel Oil), Oleanic Acid, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Disodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, and Water. Ready Set Scrub contains: Alcohols (Cetyl and Cetearyl Alcohol), Acids (Oleanolic, Salicylic, and Myristic Acid), Water, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Illite, Kaolin, Silica, Bentonite, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Steareth-2, Polysorbate 20 and 60, Methyl Gluceth-20, Oils (Safflower Seed, Lemongrass, and Tea Tree Leaf Oil), Extracts (Enantia Chlorantha Bark, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Porphyra Umbilicalis, and Spiraea Ulmaria Extract), Menthol, Lauryl Laurate, Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Menthyl Lactate, Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimmonium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, and Titanium Dioxide.

Bedtime for Breakouts
Salicylic Acid (2%).

Biotin, Caffeine, Camphor, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycols (Butylene, Dipropylene, and Propylene Glycol), Glycerin, Acids (10-Hydroxdecanoic, Sebacic, Oleanolic, and Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid), PEG-32, PYM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Extracts (Enantia Chlorantha Bark, Spiraea Ulmaria, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root, Porphyra Umbilicalis, Cucumber Fruit, Horse Chestnut Seed, and Yeast Extract), Tea Tree Leaf Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, 1,10-Decanediol, Xantham Gum, Polysorbate 20, Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide, and Water.

Brighten Up SPF 15
Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (3.0%), Oxybenzone (2.0%)

Water, Alcohols (Cetyl and Cetearyl Alcohol), Allantoin, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Glycols (Butylene and Caprylyl Glycol), Disodium EDTA, Methyl Gluceth-20, Dimethicone, Stearates (Glyceryl and PEG-100 Stearate), Stearic Acid, Extracts (Lavender, Licorice Root, Willow Bark, Betula Alba Bark, and Arctium Lappa Root Extract), Panthenol, Polysorbate 60, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, and Xanthan Gum.

Dermalogica Clean Start

Dermalogica Clean Start Acne Starter Kit (5-Piece Kit)
updated: 02/21/2017 19:30 UTC
Dermalogica Clean Start Kit
updated: 02/21/2017 19:30 UTC

Dermalogica Clean Start

Made my acne much worse!!
Reviewed on July 2, 2013

I'm 24 y.o. and have had breakouts for at least 10 years. I used proactiv for a couple years, but it did not work as well as I wanted, plus it smells weird and the benzoyl peroxide bleached my towels and pillow cases, so I decided to try this Clean Start system.

This system broke my face out worse than it had been in years!! I followed the system as directed, never skipping washes or steps. I have since stopped using Clean Start and started a new regimen but my face has yet recovered.

Previously, I only had breakouts a few at a time usually all the time, but now it is broken out all over the place, and in great quantity, and I can't get it to stop!! My dermatologist is now suggesting a try a prescription system because the beakouts are so bad. The last time she suggested was not since I went through puberty when my face first started breaking out!!! Horrible!

by lexkimo on 11/14/2013 02:09
Was it prescribed by a dermalogica skin expert? The Clean Start system has since been revised and it is now Clear Start. It is designed for teenagers, so maybe a different product would have been more suitable. I know I used to keep reaching for teen targetted acne products into my 20's, and nothing helped until I looked at is as adult acne.
Be Careful
Reviewed on June 23, 2013

I was originally very excited about trying this product, having had on and off acne for years. At first, it seemed to work wonders and made my skin feel smooth and clear. However after a couple of days, I noticed I was breaking out all around my cheeks (somewhere I never usually get acne) and as the week went on it got progressively worse. I stopped using it and tried products that had virtually nothing in them. I would just say be careful about buying it and perhaps get a sample before buying the actual thing at its full price because it is also quite expensive. It may work for others but it just didn't work for me.

Anonymous
Reviewed on February 19, 2013

Clean Start really does work on your face but just try to keep them all in tacked and you have to use them as directed or it wont work as quick.

Allison, Tan
Reviewed on May 4, 2012

Its really a good series that definitely helped to clear up my skin, when I had little pimples here and there (i used to have acne) it takes just 2 or 3 days before the pimples dried out and vanished completely.

I always use the brighten up tan moisturiser with a little bit of medicated concealer in the day and realised that my face isnt as oily with the moisturiser as compared to other brands.

No regrets, after trying so many brands and getting tired of battling my constant enemy (zits) this is by far the best weapon

Anonymous, Vancouver,Washington
Caty, Virginia
Reviewed on April 2, 2012

It works really well but it's expensive.

Glorie, Fort Meade, MD
Reviewed on February 25, 2012

Worked on the areas where I had acne (forehead) but made me breakout horribly in places I have NEVER had acne before(around mouth, cheeks, nose, jaw)! This product made me hate my skin. And the pimples are so hard to get rid of!

Reviewed on February 5, 2012

Well to start I havnt bought the item, yet.

I went to a manicure salon and the women had lots and lots of dermaloica products and i saw the clean start line. I was immatienly wanting to try it, considering of all the reviews i had watched on youtube. There were a couple different samples, the mini square ones with abit of product in them. She had these three:

Bedtime for Breakouts

Hit the spot

Brighten up spf15

I've been using them for a few days.

I used the bedtime for breakouts for the first time last night on two pimples that had just come. Now those pimples are clearing up and there drying out and clearing away, This by far is my favorite.... so far.

The brighten up spf15 was a little suprising at first because it was a tan colour, i wasnt sure what i was supposed to do with it. I was also a little sceptical because it said "shimmer" && we all know shimmer is bad for oily skin but its a pretty great product. Its a great primer andit moisterizes good so i enjoy it.

Now the "hit the spot" I do not like this. I do not like the smell or the way it goes on it hasnt done anything so if i would choose bedtime for breakouts or this, i would choose bedtime for breakouts. I am happy this does not come in the starter pack.

So this is why it was free, I didnt buy anything yet because if im gonna buy something thats so expencive, I want to know that i like the line and that it would work for me.

I have oily, sensitive, *dry skin in winter*, ACNE PRONE skin.

Anonymous, Massachusetts
Reviewed on January 6, 2012

I have only been using this product for a day but my skin felt much cleaner and it did cleanse nicely. This morning i saw a difference. I really think this product is gonna clear my skin, and i feel really confident about it!

Molly
Reviewed on October 1, 2011

I absolutely love these products!! I've had acne for 4 years now and I only get the odd spot :) it's amazing :)