Dermalogica Clean Start reviews

3.6/5 - 28 reviews

Brand: Dermalogica

All Over Clear
Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Water, Witch Hazel Distillate, Isoceteth-20, Glycols (Butylene and Hexylene Glycol), Ethoxydiglycol, Benzyl PCA, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Oils (Lemon, Bitter Orange, and Cymbopogon Shoenanthus Oil), Extracts (Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Porphyra Umbilicalis, Melia Azadirachta Leaf, Arctium Lappa Root, Argania Spinosa Kernel, Sesame Seed, and Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract), Lecithin, Limonene, Citral, and Linalool.

Wash Off
Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Extracts (Spiraea Ulmaria, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Porphyra Umbilicalis, and Enanthia Chlorantha Bark Extract), Glycols (Butylene and Hexylene Glycol), Hydroxyethlcellulose, Glycerin, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Oils (Tea Tree Leaf, Lavener, and Orange Peel Oil), Oleanic Acid, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Disodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, and Water. Ready Set Scrub contains: Alcohols (Cetyl and Cetearyl Alcohol), Acids (Oleanolic, Salicylic, and Myristic Acid), Water, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Illite, Kaolin, Silica, Bentonite, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Steareth-2, Polysorbate 20 and 60, Methyl Gluceth-20, Oils (Safflower Seed, Lemongrass, and Tea Tree Leaf Oil), Extracts (Enantia Chlorantha Bark, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Porphyra Umbilicalis, and Spiraea Ulmaria Extract), Menthol, Lauryl Laurate, Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Menthyl Lactate, Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimmonium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, and Titanium Dioxide.

Bedtime for Breakouts
Salicylic Acid (2%).

Biotin, Caffeine, Camphor, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycols (Butylene, Dipropylene, and Propylene Glycol), Glycerin, Acids (10-Hydroxdecanoic, Sebacic, Oleanolic, and Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid), PEG-32, PYM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Extracts (Enantia Chlorantha Bark, Spiraea Ulmaria, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root, Porphyra Umbilicalis, Cucumber Fruit, Horse Chestnut Seed, and Yeast Extract), Tea Tree Leaf Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, 1,10-Decanediol, Xantham Gum, Polysorbate 20, Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide, and Water.

Brighten Up SPF 15
Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (3.0%), Oxybenzone (2.0%)

Water, Alcohols (Cetyl and Cetearyl Alcohol), Allantoin, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Glycols (Butylene and Caprylyl Glycol), Disodium EDTA, Methyl Gluceth-20, Dimethicone, Stearates (Glyceryl and PEG-100 Stearate), Stearic Acid, Extracts (Lavender, Licorice Root, Willow Bark, Betula Alba Bark, and Arctium Lappa Root Extract), Panthenol, Polysorbate 60, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, and Xanthan Gum.

Dermalogica Dermalogica Clean Start Clean Start Kit
updated: 12/01/2015 05:41 UTC
Dermalogica Clean Start Acne Starter Kit (5-Piece Kit)
Dermalogica Clean Start Kit
updated: 12/01/2015 05:41 UTC
$35.00 is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Reviewed on August 5, 2015

I have used it, in order to prevent further blackheads, my friends used clear start, my parents and their skin and acne went from bad to worst. Dermalogica makes a lovely climate contral lip treatment balm, but that's their only good enough product. I'm not trying to be negative and nasty, it's a fact

Reviewed on August 5, 2015

Absolutely love this product. Have been going through hell trying to find a product that suits my skin type and would help to clear up my adult acne. My skin is not dry nor oily. This product started working from day one. It feels light on your skin and your skin feels natural, soft and healthy! A combination of this product, healthy eating (no sugar) and birth control and my acne is almost gone after 4 horrible months.

Great stuff!
Reviewed on August 2, 2015

I began getting acne when I was 13 years old and it was horrible. I would break out all over my forehead with huge red pimples, and on my jaw line a lot of tiny pimples. What made it even worse was that I had extremely oily and sensitive skin. I literally tried everything on the market, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, Mario Badescu, Dr. Murad etc. Nothing cleared up my skin and some products just made it worse. I began to lose hope until one day I went to Ulta and saw the system. It was (and still is) a bit pricey but I decided to try it anyways. It was one of the best decisions i ever made! I have been using it for a couple months and I began to see my skin clear up in about 2-3 weeks. My forehead, temples, and jawline are finally clear. I still sometimes get a couple pimples on my cheeks, but it is most likely due to hormonal reasons. Overall it has been super gentle on my sensitive skin and has helped A LOT.

It is an working product
Reviewed on March 17, 2015

Emergency fix is the best to apply on acne... i recommend to use as all my friends are using and they love it as much as i do

Oh dear...
Reviewed on August 13, 2014

At the present moment, I am rating this product 1 star. My skin was like any other teens breaking out when stressed, due or when hormones were at their peak. A couple weeks ago my skin became relatively bad so me and my mum took a trip to dermalogica, the sales assistant recommened the clear start kit and guaranteed this would work because her daughter had a similar skin type as I and this is what had saved her from acne. I have been using the kit as instructed for a week now and my skin has never been worse, I am even breaking out in places I never have like my cheeks and forehead. This has made my skin condition so severe that I have an appointment at the doctor's on Monday.

by antarctict01 on 02/15/2015 17:41
Stick with the product, obviously you have never used topical acne treatment before. You go through a stage where your skin gets drier and you break out more, then a few weeks later acne really starts going away. ACNE DOES NOT, EVER, GO AWAY IN A WEEK. There is no "magic product" that makes your skin go clear in a single week. The product WILL work if you continue to use it, like any other product. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Hope this helped.
amazing difference!
Reviewed on July 14, 2014

my face has always had a lot of acne ever since the age of ten. I'm now still a teenager and I only ever used a few facial cleansers and i've found that neutrogena was terrible to my skin- it made my acne much worse, my face was going red and extremely dry. I also tried clearasil which didn't make much of a difference to clearing any of my acne. Then i started to use the clean start kit which made a massive difference to my acne. I started to see less pimples on my face but still a few occasionally. When they get really bad I just dab a little bit of salt on them and they go away in a day or 2. Overall the clean start kit is really good and I re-purchased it, then upgraded to the larger sized versions. One day when i ran out of the daytime treatment, i had to survive a few days without it which made more pimples instantly appear again on my T-zone.. so just beware of that.

Reviewed on March 13, 2014

I was really looking for something to clear up my adult acne. I'm 26 & went in search for something that would work. This kit was recommended to me by a dermalogica person. I explained to her what my problems were & she said that this kit would be better for me because it has 2% S.acid than the medibac which is for adults. So I bought the kit used it as recommended. I used it for a total of 4 nights & 3 days. I did see clearing on my face. But!!! It started drying out my face horribly! I have very oily skin & for the last 3 days I've had no oil on my T Zone. The daytime cream burned every single time i applied it. My face would get and stay red (as if i had a sunburn) and it was hot to the touch and it stayed like that all day. My 7yr old pointed it out to me at WalMart 7hrs after washing my face. It made my jaw line itch. My face was tight feeling and started to flake. After 7 uses I am taking this kit back and hope to find something else to work.

Smells nice, but not a very good product
Reviewed on March 6, 2014

I decided to try these products after some were used on me during a facial. They smelled wonderful and my facialist told me they were great for my skin type (mild/moderate acne, sensitive). I bought the whole set. After going through two sets of these products.. they just aren't good. The face wash is ok, but nothing special and made my skin feel really tight after using it. The treatments I don't feel like did anything at all other than dry me out. The moisturizer didn't moisturize enough to combat the very drying treatments. The toner was the only thing remotely useful. It's spray, so it's convenient for areas not on your face.

Overall, previous bumps didn't heal (and the ones that did left red marks for weeks) and new ones kept forming even after I gave it a "time to work" period. These products have no other purpose than smelling pretty. Not on my skin, anyway.

Made my acne much worse!!
Reviewed on July 2, 2013

I'm 24 y.o. and have had breakouts for at least 10 years. I used proactiv for a couple years, but it did not work as well as I wanted, plus it smells weird and the benzoyl peroxide bleached my towels and pillow cases, so I decided to try this Clean Start system.

This system broke my face out worse than it had been in years!! I followed the system as directed, never skipping washes or steps. I have since stopped using Clean Start and started a new regimen but my face has yet recovered.

Previously, I only had breakouts a few at a time usually all the time, but now it is broken out all over the place, and in great quantity, and I can't get it to stop!! My dermatologist is now suggesting a try a prescription system because the beakouts are so bad. The last time she suggested was not since I went through puberty when my face first started breaking out!!! Horrible!

by lexkimo on 11/14/2013 02:09
Was it prescribed by a dermalogica skin expert? The Clean Start system has since been revised and it is now Clear Start. It is designed for teenagers, so maybe a different product would have been more suitable. I know I used to keep reaching for teen targetted acne products into my 20's, and nothing helped until I looked at is as adult acne.
Be Careful
Reviewed on June 23, 2013

I was originally very excited about trying this product, having had on and off acne for years. At first, it seemed to work wonders and made my skin feel smooth and clear. However after a couple of days, I noticed I was breaking out all around my cheeks (somewhere I never usually get acne) and as the week went on it got progressively worse. I stopped using it and tried products that had virtually nothing in them. I would just say be careful about buying it and perhaps get a sample before buying the actual thing at its full price because it is also quite expensive. It may work for others but it just didn't work for me.