Dermalogica Clean Start reviews

3.5/5 - 24 reviews

Brand: Dermalogica

All Over Clear contains:
Salicylic Acid (0.5%), Water, Witch Hazel Distillate, Isoceteth-20, Glycols (Butylene and Hexylene Glycol), Ethoxydiglycol, Benzyl PCA, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Oils (Lemon, Bitter Orange, and Cymbopogon Shoenanthus Oil), Extracts (Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Porphyra Umbilicalis, Melia Azadirachta Leaf, Arctium Lappa Root, Argania Spinosa Kernel, Sesame Seed, and Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract), Lecithin, Limonene, Citral, and Linalool.

Wash Off contains:
Salicylic Acid (0.5%), Extracts (Spiraea Ulmaria, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Porphyra Umbilicalis, and Enanthia Chlorantha Bark Extract), Glycols (Butylene and Hexylene Glycol), Hydroxyethlcellulose, Glycerin, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Oils (Tea Tree Leaf, Lavener, and Orange Peel Oil), Oleanic Acid, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Disodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, and Water. Ready Set Scrub contains: Alcohols (Cetyl and Cetearyl Alcohol), Acids (Oleanolic, Salicylic, and Myristic Acid), Water, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Illite, Kaolin, Silica, Bentonite, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Steareth-2, Polysorbate 20 and 60, Methyl Gluceth-20, Oils (Safflower Seed, Lemongrass, and Tea Tree Leaf Oil), Extracts (Enantia Chlorantha Bark, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Porphyra Umbilicalis, and Spiraea Ulmaria Extract), Menthol, Lauryl Laurate, Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Menthyl Lactate, Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimmonium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, and Titanium Dioxide.

Bedtime for Breakouts contains:
Salicylic Acid (2%), Biotin, Caffeine, Camphor, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycols (Butylene, Dipropylene, and Propylene Glycol), Glycerin, Acids (10-Hydroxdecanoic, Sebacic, Oleanolic, and Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid), PEG-32, PYM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Extracts (Enantia Chlorantha Bark, Spiraea Ulmaria, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root, Porphyra Umbilicalis, Cucumber Fruit, Horse Chestnut Seed, and Yeast Extract), Tea Tree Leaf Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, 1,10-Decanediol, Xantham Gum, Polysorbate 20, Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide, and Water.

Brighten Up SPF 15 contains:
Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (3.0%), Oxybenzone (2.0%) Water, Alcohols (Cetyl and Cetearyl Alcohol), Allantoin, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Glycols (Butylene and Caprylyl Glycol), Disodium EDTA, Methyl Gluceth-20, Dimethicone, Stearates (Glyceryl and PEG-100 Stearate), Stearic Acid, Extracts (Lavender, Licorice Root, Willow Bark, Betula Alba Bark, and Arctium Lappa Root Extract), Panthenol, Polysorbate 60, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, and Xanthan Gum.

Dermalogica Dermalogica Clean Start Clean Start Kit
updated: 10/23/2014 14:17 UTC
Dermalogica Clean Start Acne Starter Kit (5-Piece Kit)
Dermalogica Clean Start Kit

Oh dear...
Reviewed on August 13, 2014

At the present moment, I am rating this product 1 star. My skin was like any other teens breaking out when stressed, due or when hormones were at their peak. A couple weeks ago my skin became relatively bad so me and my mum took a trip to dermalogica, the sales assistant recommened the clear start kit and guaranteed this would work because her daughter had a similar skin type as I and this is what had saved her from acne. I have been using the kit as instructed for a week now and my skin has never been worse, I am even breaking out in places I never have like my cheeks and forehead. This has made my skin condition so severe that I have an appointment at the doctor's on Monday.

amazing difference!
Reviewed on July 14, 2014

my face has always had a lot of acne ever since the age of ten. I'm now still a teenager and I only ever used a few facial cleansers and i've found that neutrogena was terrible to my skin- it made my acne much worse, my face was going red and extremely dry. I also tried clearasil which didn't make much of a difference to clearing any of my acne. Then i started to use the clean start kit which made a massive difference to my acne. I started to see less pimples on my face but still a few occasionally. When they get really bad I just dab a little bit of salt on them and they go away in a day or 2. Overall the clean start kit is really good and I re-purchased it, then upgraded to the larger sized versions. One day when i ran out of the daytime treatment, i had to survive a few days without it which made more pimples instantly appear again on my T-zone.. so just beware of that.

dissapointed
Reviewed on March 13, 2014

I was really looking for something to clear up my adult acne. I'm 26 & went in search for something that would work. This kit was recommended to me by a dermalogica person. I explained to her what my problems were & she said that this kit would be better for me because it has 2% S.acid than the medibac which is for adults. So I bought the kit used it as recommended. I used it for a total of 4 nights & 3 days. I did see clearing on my face. But!!! It started drying out my face horribly! I have very oily skin & for the last 3 days I've had no oil on my T Zone. The daytime cream burned every single time i applied it. My face would get and stay red (as if i had a sunburn) and it was hot to the touch and it stayed like that all day. My 7yr old pointed it out to me at WalMart 7hrs after washing my face. It made my jaw line itch. My face was tight feeling and started to flake. After 7 uses I am taking this kit back and hope to find something else to work.

Smells nice, but not a very good product
Reviewed on March 6, 2014

I decided to try these products after some were used on me during a facial. They smelled wonderful and my facialist told me they were great for my skin type (mild/moderate acne, sensitive). I bought the whole set. After going through two sets of these products.. they just aren't good. The face wash is ok, but nothing special and made my skin feel really tight after using it. The treatments I don't feel like did anything at all other than dry me out. The moisturizer didn't moisturize enough to combat the very drying treatments. The toner was the only thing remotely useful. It's spray, so it's convenient for areas not on your face.

Overall, previous bumps didn't heal (and the ones that did left red marks for weeks) and new ones kept forming even after I gave it a "time to work" period. These products have no other purpose than smelling pretty. Not on my skin, anyway.

Made my acne much worse!!
Reviewed on July 2, 2013

I'm 24 y.o. and have had breakouts for at least 10 years. I used proactiv for a couple years, but it did not work as well as I wanted, plus it smells weird and the benzoyl peroxide bleached my towels and pillow cases, so I decided to try this Clean Start system.

This system broke my face out worse than it had been in years!! I followed the system as directed, never skipping washes or steps. I have since stopped using Clean Start and started a new regimen but my face has yet recovered.

Previously, I only had breakouts a few at a time usually all the time, but now it is broken out all over the place, and in great quantity, and I can't get it to stop!! My dermatologist is now suggesting a try a prescription system because the beakouts are so bad. The last time she suggested was not since I went through puberty when my face first started breaking out!!! Horrible!

by lexkimo on 11/14/2013 02:09
Was it prescribed by a dermalogica skin expert? The Clean Start system has since been revised and it is now Clear Start. It is designed for teenagers, so maybe a different product would have been more suitable. I know I used to keep reaching for teen targetted acne products into my 20's, and nothing helped until I looked at is as adult acne.
Be Careful
Reviewed on June 23, 2013

I was originally very excited about trying this product, having had on and off acne for years. At first, it seemed to work wonders and made my skin feel smooth and clear. However after a couple of days, I noticed I was breaking out all around my cheeks (somewhere I never usually get acne) and as the week went on it got progressively worse. I stopped using it and tried products that had virtually nothing in them. I would just say be careful about buying it and perhaps get a sample before buying the actual thing at its full price because it is also quite expensive. It may work for others but it just didn't work for me.

Reviewed on February 19, 2013

Clean Start really does work on your face but just try to keep them all in tacked and you have to use them as directed or it wont work as quick.

Reviewed on May 4, 2012

Its really a good series that definitely helped to clear up my skin, when I had little pimples here and there (i used to have acne) it takes just 2 or 3 days before the pimples dried out and vanished completely.

I always use the brighten up tan moisturiser with a little bit of medicated concealer in the day and realised that my face isnt as oily with the moisturiser as compared to other brands.

No regrets, after trying so many brands and getting tired of battling my constant enemy (zits) this is by far the best weapon

Reviewed on April 2, 2012

It works really well but it's expensive.