Dermalogica Clean Start reviews

3.4/5 - 32 reviews

Brand: Dermalogica

All Over Clear
Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Water, Witch Hazel Distillate, Isoceteth-20, Glycols (Butylene and Hexylene Glycol), Ethoxydiglycol, Benzyl PCA, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Oils (Lemon, Bitter Orange, and Cymbopogon Shoenanthus Oil), Extracts (Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Porphyra Umbilicalis, Melia Azadirachta Leaf, Arctium Lappa Root, Argania Spinosa Kernel, Sesame Seed, and Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract), Lecithin, Limonene, Citral, and Linalool.

Wash Off
Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Extracts (Spiraea Ulmaria, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Porphyra Umbilicalis, and Enanthia Chlorantha Bark Extract), Glycols (Butylene and Hexylene Glycol), Hydroxyethlcellulose, Glycerin, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Oils (Tea Tree Leaf, Lavener, and Orange Peel Oil), Oleanic Acid, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Disodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, and Water. Ready Set Scrub contains: Alcohols (Cetyl and Cetearyl Alcohol), Acids (Oleanolic, Salicylic, and Myristic Acid), Water, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Illite, Kaolin, Silica, Bentonite, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Steareth-2, Polysorbate 20 and 60, Methyl Gluceth-20, Oils (Safflower Seed, Lemongrass, and Tea Tree Leaf Oil), Extracts (Enantia Chlorantha Bark, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Porphyra Umbilicalis, and Spiraea Ulmaria Extract), Menthol, Lauryl Laurate, Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Menthyl Lactate, Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimmonium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, and Titanium Dioxide.

Bedtime for Breakouts
Salicylic Acid (2%).

Biotin, Caffeine, Camphor, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycols (Butylene, Dipropylene, and Propylene Glycol), Glycerin, Acids (10-Hydroxdecanoic, Sebacic, Oleanolic, and Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid), PEG-32, PYM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Extracts (Enantia Chlorantha Bark, Spiraea Ulmaria, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root, Porphyra Umbilicalis, Cucumber Fruit, Horse Chestnut Seed, and Yeast Extract), Tea Tree Leaf Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, 1,10-Decanediol, Xantham Gum, Polysorbate 20, Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide, and Water.

Brighten Up SPF 15
Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (3.0%), Oxybenzone (2.0%)

Water, Alcohols (Cetyl and Cetearyl Alcohol), Allantoin, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Glycols (Butylene and Caprylyl Glycol), Disodium EDTA, Methyl Gluceth-20, Dimethicone, Stearates (Glyceryl and PEG-100 Stearate), Stearic Acid, Extracts (Lavender, Licorice Root, Willow Bark, Betula Alba Bark, and Arctium Lappa Root Extract), Panthenol, Polysorbate 60, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, and Xanthan Gum.

Dermalogica Clean Start

Dermalogica Clean Start Acne Starter Kit (5-Piece Kit)
updated: 04/29/2017 16:14 UTC
Dermalogica Clean Start Kit
updated: 04/29/2017 16:14 UTC

It burned my skin!
Reviewed on April 6, 2017

I used to use this all the time and it worked fairly well. Then, I ran out and started using a different oil-free face wash. Once I got more of the clear start, I tried it right away and the next morning, my usually clear skin had broken out horribly and in multiple different places all over my face. I figured that my skin was just getting used to the new face wash so I kept using it for about a week or two, but my acne just got worse and worse. I decided to go to my dermatologist to see what was going on and they told me that the product had burned my face and I ended up with 2nd degree burns under both of my eyes!

Waste of Money
Reviewed on February 26, 2017

Used this for almost 4 months and my skin has never looked worse. Before this product I used only tea tree oil and only had a few stubborn pimples on my forhead and whiteheads on my nose. I decided to switch and use clear start, but ever since I used this I have had an unbelievable amount of breakouts and acne on my face. The acne is now entirely covering my cheeks, and forehead and nose. Wished I never used this product.

Changed Formula :(
Reviewed on January 23, 2017

I used this product for over 5 years and it worked at keeping my skin clean , I had the only occasional pimple with that time of the month. Unfortunately they change the product and when I bought the new kit it didn't work the wonders that it use to. My face was adjusted to the old formula and loved it. I wouldn't say that the new one isn't going to work for yourself though. And i do trust dermalogica as a brand , so i tired another kit by them but t also didn't suit my skin anymore. Give it a shot though , no harm in trying.

Work in Progress
Reviewed on May 17, 2016

It's said to be true that when you use a new product for your skin, it can take up to 6 weeks for you to see if it really is starting to work. My 23 year old sister has a friend that lives in California with her and works in the "beauty business." My sister said she told her friend about my acne problems, so she suggested the "Start Clear" starter kit, it's slowly starting to work, I wash my face twice a day with the normal wash. Mornings I do normal wash and the the moisturizer/toner and I'm set for the entire day of school. Nights I just do the normal wash and apply the moisturizer/toner. It's really working well, I guarantee if you use if for a little while, you will start to see positive results.

Horrible
Reviewed on August 5, 2015

I have used it, in order to prevent further blackheads, my friends used clear start, my parents and their skin and acne went from bad to worst. Dermalogica makes a lovely climate contral lip treatment balm, but that's their only good enough product. I'm not trying to be negative and nasty, it's a fact

by RainyKite on 12/19/2016 05:13
Happened to me too. Terrible.
Amazing!
Reviewed on August 5, 2015

Absolutely love this product. Have been going through hell trying to find a product that suits my skin type and would help to clear up my adult acne. My skin is not dry nor oily. This product started working from day one. It feels light on your skin and your skin feels natural, soft and healthy! A combination of this product, healthy eating (no sugar) and birth control and my acne is almost gone after 4 horrible months.

Great stuff!
Reviewed on August 2, 2015

I began getting acne when I was 13 years old and it was horrible. I would break out all over my forehead with huge red pimples, and on my jaw line a lot of tiny pimples. What made it even worse was that I had extremely oily and sensitive skin. I literally tried everything on the market, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, Mario Badescu, Dr. Murad etc. Nothing cleared up my skin and some products just made it worse. I began to lose hope until one day I went to Ulta and saw the system. It was (and still is) a bit pricey but I decided to try it anyways. It was one of the best decisions i ever made! I have been using it for a couple months and I began to see my skin clear up in about 2-3 weeks. My forehead, temples, and jawline are finally clear. I still sometimes get a couple pimples on my cheeks, but it is most likely due to hormonal reasons. Overall it has been super gentle on my sensitive skin and has helped A LOT.

It is an working product
Reviewed on March 17, 2015

Emergency fix is the best to apply on acne... i recommend to use as all my friends are using and they love it as much as i do

Oh dear...
Reviewed on August 13, 2014

At the present moment, I am rating this product 1 star. My skin was like any other teens breaking out when stressed, due or when hormones were at their peak. A couple weeks ago my skin became relatively bad so me and my mum took a trip to dermalogica, the sales assistant recommened the clear start kit and guaranteed this would work because her daughter had a similar skin type as I and this is what had saved her from acne. I have been using the kit as instructed for a week now and my skin has never been worse, I am even breaking out in places I never have like my cheeks and forehead. This has made my skin condition so severe that I have an appointment at the doctor's on Monday.

by antarctict01 on 02/15/2015 17:41
Stick with the product, obviously you have never used topical acne treatment before. You go through a stage where your skin gets drier and you break out more, then a few weeks later acne really starts going away. ACNE DOES NOT, EVER, GO AWAY IN A WEEK. There is no "magic product" that makes your skin go clear in a single week. The product WILL work if you continue to use it, like any other product. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Hope this helped.
amazing difference!
Reviewed on July 14, 2014

my face has always had a lot of acne ever since the age of ten. I'm now still a teenager and I only ever used a few facial cleansers and i've found that neutrogena was terrible to my skin- it made my acne much worse, my face was going red and extremely dry. I also tried clearasil which didn't make much of a difference to clearing any of my acne. Then i started to use the clean start kit which made a massive difference to my acne. I started to see less pimples on my face but still a few occasionally. When they get really bad I just dab a little bit of salt on them and they go away in a day or 2. Overall the clean start kit is really good and I re-purchased it, then upgraded to the larger sized versions. One day when i ran out of the daytime treatment, i had to survive a few days without it which made more pimples instantly appear again on my T-zone.. so just beware of that.