Page 5 of Dermabrasion reviews

1.9/5 - 41 reviews

Reviewed on December 22, 2006

I would not recommend dermabrasion for moderate to severe acne scars. I had the procedure many years ago but it didn't help the appearance of my rolling scars at all. In fact, I believe it made some of them worse. The recovery is no fun--red face for a long time and having to keep the face moist for several days is difficult.

Since my procedure I have learned that you must find a doctor that is very skilled in doing dermabrasions (mine had minimal experience). Many physicians won't even do them. Very difficult for the doctor to determine how "deep" to go. They often err on the cautious side and therefore, not good results. It was a waste of money for me.