Page 4 of Dermabrasion reviews

1.9/5 - 41 reviews

Reviewed on October 18, 2007

I'm three weeks in and I'm still red as hell. No social life, breaking out really bad, and I'm not sure what do do....need advice. I went to Dr. Y too. My derm here gave me Biafine and an antibiotic. I'm hoping I'm hoping this redness keeps on going away.

Reviewed on September 29, 2007

I went to work out post acne scars..instead it casued me to have severe cystic acne. Caused a lot of depression.

Reviewed on September 19, 2007

I'm 9 weeks post-op Dermabrasion and feel like I've been through hell. Most peoples healing seems to take about 2 weeks, maybe 3 weeks but I've been told I'm a slow healer. I believe and trust in my doctor but have had serious issues with the healing process. I have dealt with prolonged redness and severe acne all over face and neck. It's been quite embarassing! Today I was told I could start wearing make-up again so for a single girl who had this procedure because she was not confident in scars/sun spots, it has been so very difficult walking around red-faced with acne and no make-up to cover it up for the last 9 weeks. It's not really something you can explain to the general public because the redness IS NOT like a little sunburn (as so many people tried to tell me to make me feel better). I hope for better results in the future weeks but this has been tough. I am now also starting a bleaching cream to be used at night to hopefully take away the redness completely!

Reviewed on September 5, 2007

Not worth it, as my improvement was so minimal there was no difference in the Before and After. My cysts aren't that deep, but apparently my skin cannot easily rebuild collagen. Big disappointment.

Reviewed on August 25, 2007

If you have deep acne scars do not waste your time or money.. I regret my decision

Reviewed on July 17, 2007

This doctor makes you fell worse about yourself - not better

Reviewed on April 29, 2007

My skin is type IV. I had dermabrasion 2.5 years ago. Demarcation line is still visible currently from far away. Redness persists all the time. It's the worst decision I have took in my life. Having scars on my face is hard to deal me, but, having dermabrasion almost makes me kill myself (seriously). I have passed the extremely difficult time and on the way of recover (mostly psychologically). By the way, I went for so called most experienced doctor (Dr. Y.). One more victim like me is too much.

Reviewed on April 16, 2007

I think it made my scar's stand out more. i'm thinking of doing a co2.

Reviewed on January 16, 2007

instead of all these treatments the best is to go see your doctor and ask for anti biotics which help acne disappear 100% with regards to scars they will disappear over time and regards to craters in your skin its sad to know it will stay forever one advise try not to pick scars

by blahblah82 on 05/08/2014 01:26
God these reviews are so freaking ignorant.