Page 3 of Dermabrasion reviews

1.9/5 - 41 reviews

Reviewed on August 5, 2008

I'm having the redness problem from dermabrasion. Does anyone know how to heal lasting redness from Dermabrasion? Do you have any idea how long it will be persist?

Reviewed on June 26, 2008

Dermabration is good for medium scars but it just improve a little bit with each treatment wich its mean that for see best resulst u most have at least 3 treatment. I already have 2 but I make the mistake that in the first one my dr a surgeron just made my cheek area and it form a hipermantation and some scarring then the second dermabration I did in the whole face with a dermatologist and he recommended to do the whole face for even result.I would say that I just see like 20% of improvement and Im having starting the tca cross wich doesnt afected the rest of the skin and fallow of tca cross I will have subsicion in conjuction with fraxel.

Reviewed on May 11, 2008

Though I am sure dermabrasion works for some - had I known the negative impact it would have on me - I would have NEVER done it - beware.

Reviewed on April 24, 2008

Can boost one's confidence due to having a more even texture, tone skin but need to be extremely cautious in taking of skin. Use gentle cleanser like Cetaphil and moisturizer with spf at least 30 2x/day (morning and night). Skin will be very sensitive... so watch out... watch out...of using irritating products on face!

Reviewed on April 6, 2008

I just had a dermabrassion in oct 2007. I was very optimistic. The dermabrassion was done of both cheeks. Part of it healed well, but the lower part of my cheeks developed hypertrophic scars and that area still very red. I am more self consious now about the redness and hypertrophic scars than the acne scars I had before. I am one of those unlucky people that developed hypertrophic scars. I took good care of my face after the surgery. And i went to a good surgeon. I wouldn't recommend it. Its a big risk. you may end up worst. I am still hoping that the redness will go away and the hypertrophic scars will fade with steroid injections.

Reviewed on February 17, 2008

I had the dermabrassion combined with a TCA peel to try to diminish my scars. I was very red for months afterwards (which made the scars even more noticeable). Once healed, I literally saw NO improvement. To go through the recovery and have spent that amount of money for no change what so ever was disheartening. I know my plastic surgeon was reputable and higly qualified, it just didn't work for me. I would not recommend this at all!

Reviewed on December 24, 2007

I have a scar on my face. I had underwent dermabrasion about six years ago, and the redness around the site healed within three months. Second time around (in March 2007), the redness stayed. I've been to several dermatologists.. now they're recommending Fraxel laser. One says it can help the redness, one says it can't. I have NO idea what to do.. and am depressed that this redness could last forever. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. This is NOT a success story.. sorry to be a downer.

Reviewed on October 18, 2007

I'm three weeks in and I'm still red as hell. No social life, breaking out really bad, and I'm not sure what do do....need advice. I went to Dr. Y too. My derm here gave me Biafine and an antibiotic. I'm hoping I'm hoping this redness keeps on going away.