Page 2 of Dermabrasion reviews

1.9/5 - 41 reviews

Reviewed on November 3, 2009

This surgery should be banned, yes, outlawed.

I researched for years, upon years. Went to a very reputable Dr. A in Dallas, TX. But, here is the deal, the surgery is just a misery waiting to happen. I have only ever actually heard of one person that is happy with it. I am a research type person, researched the dickens out of this surgery, thought this Dr. would be the one to do it. I now KNOW, there should be NO ONE doing it. It will ruin your face like no ones business. I hop this helps someone out there decide NOT to do it. I just wish I had the face I had before. NOw my skin is more thick, much more scarred, lines, hyper spots, hypo patches. My face is a mess!! I am as fair as someone could get too. I hope NO ONE with any kind of color to their skin at all ever does this surgery!!! It is too risky, THERE IS TOO MUCH AT STAKE, folks IT IS YOUR FACE YOU ARE GAMBLING WITH.

Reviewed on October 12, 2009

dermabrasion is the gold standard of all skin resurfacing procedures...if done by a very skilled and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

by searching4cure on 07/17/2013 14:32
Who are some good doctors? I live in Indiana, but i'm willing to travel.
Reviewed on September 14, 2009

I had two of these 6 weeks apart back in the 70's and I am still trying to recover from the damage the doctor did to me. DO NOT DO THIS PROCEDURE UNLESS YOU ARE A REAL GAMBLER!!!! If you do, make sure you check out the Dr. thoroughly before you let him touch you!

Reviewed on August 21, 2009

Please don't do this, there is a reason many dr.s no longer do this surgery. I use to believe it was because they were un fit or something, not good at it.

THAT ISN"T TRUE, the surgery itself just stinks.

The pigmentation loss has left me with so many fewer options to fix my scars. Which mulitiplied, yes, multiplied, there are many more lines now too from the dermabrasion diamond thing. And folks you figure it out, I went to one of the most lifted up derma's on here. Although, I know that derma can get rid of acne in a FLASH, I mean severe cystic acne. But, the dermabrasion is life altering and not for the good.

The surgery is just not worth it, and I have heard and experienced so much negative from this surgery, I have only ever heard of one or maybe two people who say it was good for them.

Reviewed on July 9, 2009

it works fairly well. my skin is a lot better than it has been in a long time. make sure you consult your doctor about this, and get a referral. and do your research! make sure you do this somewhere reputable and where they keep their equiptment very clean.

Reviewed on July 1, 2009

Be happy with how u look...Never Ever go for Dermabrasion...U realise when it is loose it

Reviewed on January 9, 2009

Don't wast your money and try and get rid of the scars with dermabrasion cause from experence it will get worse. Try something else.

Reviewed on December 18, 2008

I had upper lip dermabration for wrinkles one month ago. After the procedure it looked like I ate a jelly doenut...very bloody. It took about ten days for for a scab to form and fall off. The skin is now very pink/red,swollen,itchy, and smoother at this time. I will let you know if this improves next month. I sure hope so...my daughter is getting married in March.