Page 2 of Dermabrasion reviews

Reviewed on December 14, 2009

This treatment was a life saver for me. I suffered from severe acne scars and was ashamed to show my face in public. I am latin and have olive skin and yes my face is lighter than my body but it looks like I tan my body and not my face, not an issue for me. This treatment is for people with severe acne or deep wrinkles. You might need several treatments to get the results you want. One thing that helped a lot was to put fresh aloe vera on my skin after the planning(crust removing) was over. I slept with a mask of aloe vera on my face for 2 months straight. It speeds healing. Also be very careful to avoid sinlight I learned that lesson after my first. Had to get a peel to even out skin. Only fresh aloe vera from the leaves of the plant will work. Also time consuming but worth the effort. If you follow instructions and take good care of your skin while it heals, you will be happy with the results.

by searching4cure on 07/17/2013 14:31
Who is your doctor? I've had dermabrasion-but my Dr is a plastic surgeon who does not focus on the face. I too have olive skin and I'm looking for the best doctor possible.
Reviewed on November 3, 2009

This surgery should be banned, yes, outlawed.

I researched for years, upon years. Went to a very reputable Dr. A in Dallas, TX. But, here is the deal, the surgery is just a misery waiting to happen. I have only ever actually heard of one person that is happy with it. I am a research type person, researched the dickens out of this surgery, thought this Dr. would be the one to do it. I now KNOW, there should be NO ONE doing it. It will ruin your face like no ones business. I hop this helps someone out there decide NOT to do it. I just wish I had the face I had before. NOw my skin is more thick, much more scarred, lines, hyper spots, hypo patches. My face is a mess!! I am as fair as someone could get too. I hope NO ONE with any kind of color to their skin at all ever does this surgery!!! It is too risky, THERE IS TOO MUCH AT STAKE, folks IT IS YOUR FACE YOU ARE GAMBLING WITH.

Reviewed on October 12, 2009

dermabrasion is the gold standard of all skin resurfacing procedures...if done by a very skilled and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

by searching4cure on 07/17/2013 14:32
Who are some good doctors? I live in Indiana, but i'm willing to travel.
Reviewed on September 14, 2009

I had two of these 6 weeks apart back in the 70's and I am still trying to recover from the damage the doctor did to me. DO NOT DO THIS PROCEDURE UNLESS YOU ARE A REAL GAMBLER!!!! If you do, make sure you check out the Dr. thoroughly before you let him touch you!

Reviewed on August 21, 2009

Please don't do this, there is a reason many dr.s no longer do this surgery. I use to believe it was because they were un fit or something, not good at it.

THAT ISN"T TRUE, the surgery itself just stinks.

The pigmentation loss has left me with so many fewer options to fix my scars. Which mulitiplied, yes, multiplied, there are many more lines now too from the dermabrasion diamond thing. And folks you figure it out, I went to one of the most lifted up derma's on here. Although, I know that derma can get rid of acne in a FLASH, I mean severe cystic acne. But, the dermabrasion is life altering and not for the good.

The surgery is just not worth it, and I have heard and experienced so much negative from this surgery, I have only ever heard of one or maybe two people who say it was good for them.

Reviewed on July 9, 2009

it works fairly well. my skin is a lot better than it has been in a long time. make sure you consult your doctor about this, and get a referral. and do your research! make sure you do this somewhere reputable and where they keep their equiptment very clean.

Reviewed on July 1, 2009

Be happy with how u look...Never Ever go for Dermabrasion...U realise when it is loose it