Dermabrasion reviews

Had 2 Dermabrasion... Life changing for me
Reviewed on October 16, 2014

Hi! I use to be here years & years ago more like just lurking/ researching... I had 2 Dermabrasions and for me it is life changing but it is also true that d recovery takes forever it is not true that u will be presentable or look normal after a few weeks or a few months ...In my exp it took me 10-12 months to really look like normal normal... Redness, sudden blushing red face, whiter than white face... But it was worthit for me that's why I did it d 2nd time... But honestly took almost 2 yrs of my social like hahaha ... I'll say 40-45% improvement each time. I've tried all previous fraxels except repair and every other new laser in town b4= 0 or temporary improvement reason I've missed on d latest lasers... needling and saline injections= regretted it I think made it worse....So I swear off laser then bec even friends who had Fraxel repair din't see noticable improvement after several months.....Im guilty that I am one of those who disappeared after getting great results, sorry ... Sudden boost of confidence makes u wanna catch up on lost life due to insecurities:(... I had moderate ice pick & boxcar scars....why I am back? Well I was researching about other stuff in realself and chanced upon Mixto laser that lead me back here and then got engrossed reading , then this. My skin actually looks pretty good and people wld casually comment that I have beautiful skin or co- workers everywhere asks abt my skin regimen etc... But As many of u can relate even if your skin got so so much better u will always be a scarred kid at heart and I know and still can see/find my scars up close in the mirror... Maybe I am really fair and have excellent skin care so people looking at me and not really microscoping thinks I have beautiful skin... No it is not BDD but I still have scars but to the point that I can live with it esp with make-up but after being more open minded again abt lasers I decided to give Mixto a try hvnt done it yet at this time.... Consultation on monday :)..... i am a light skinned southeast asian gal... Oh and another negative is on my 2nd dermabrasion i got some tiny negligible white scars...

Dermabrasion
Reviewed on August 29, 2014

This is the most effective. Only one procedure and it erased all my scars. I had it at the age of 21 and was performed by a very good surgeon---had the most perfect complexion afterwards. The only negative is the downtime--it takes a month to recover. Otherwise, you can use concealer during the stage of hypo pigmentation and it works out well. Looks like you have slightly rosy cheeks then returns back to original color after 3-4 months. Now that I'm 30, because of aging I can see the scars again but for nine years I've had very good skin. So I'm looking at having a second dermabrasion soon. I'm skeptical about these lasers because you may not have the downtime but you need more frequent treatments and you end up spending more money and require more maintenance. I also think that you need to get a very experienced facial surgeon, one who has done not only aesthetic surgery but the ones who work in hospitals for facial reconstruction. I never had a complication whatsoever. I see online some horror stories but I think it's because of the surgeon, maybe wasn't that good. One of the best decisions that I did in my life.

Dermabrasion review
Reviewed on July 15, 2013

Dermabrasion is a treatment option for those not looking for a fast track help all solution. In order for this treatment to work you have to do several sessions, each one potentially making your acne worse and your skin increasingly more irritated. I was able to do about 3 sessions due to financial reasons and at first i did not see any huge results in my overall skin complexion, texture, and acne breakouts. During my second sessions my skin was the most sensitive was bright red after treatment. I was unable to even touch my face after a few days but the redness and swelling went down about 2 days into it. On my third session (my last treatment) i noticed a slight change of the look and feel of my skin. My skin was able to tolerate the session and was less red and irritated after. Having said all that, if i had done all the treatments suggested by the doctor than i may have seen a significant change in my skin. I give this treatment 3 stars because i do believe that it does work and have witnessed it on other people, just not myself. It is worth a try if you are looking for a last resort treatment option besides Accutane.

by blahblah82 on 06/12/2014 05:49
This is freaking stupid review. Clearly this person doesn't even have the remotest idea what a true dermabrasion is. This
Reviewed on September 1, 2012

It's disappointing to read the reviews here on dermabrasion. Dermabrasion is actually one of the best ways to deal with acne scars, but it depends on the surgeon's SKILL. The doctor can't go too deep, or it will not look right, or not deep enough, or there will not be much difference. A huge part of how a dermabrasion turns out is the way the patient takes care of skin immediately after the dermabrasion. I keep reading about the skin scabbing afterward, the skin is not supposed to scab! It won't scab if it is kept bandaged for around 5 days with a thin layer of a vaseline-type product like Aquaphor or Etna Cream, HYDROGEL bandages, not regular ones, Tefla on top of that, and hold it all together with surgical tape. This dressing should be changed daily for 5 days. The hydrogel bandages are expensive, but they will keep your skin moist, and it has to stay moist at all times or it will scab and sometimes scar! After the first 24 hours, remove the badages and spray some wound cleanser on it, and do a vinegar soak. Google how to do this. It's soothing and will help the skin not scab or scar. Replace the dressings after the vinegar soak. After five days, you no longer need to use the dressing, but still, KEEP YOUR SKIN MOIST AT ALL TIMES with Aquaphor or Etna Cream. You will need alot of it. Once your skin heals, you can stop and just go back to regular moisturizer. Some people think they will just need one dermabrasion and their faces will be fixed. If your scarring is severe, this is WRONG. Ice picks scars won't improve much if at all, and deeper scars will only show some improvement. You will need other treatments, either more dermabrasions, subcison, punches, fat transfer, or filler of some sort to fill in your scars. I personally suggest subcision or punches first, THEN dermabarsion, then fillers. This seems to get the best results. Of course, there will always be people who are never satisfied. Deeply scarred skin will never be perfect, it can only be improve

Reviewed on July 29, 2011

If your doctor has recommended dermabrasion for acne scarring or as in my case, scarring from auto accident/acne please don't do it!! I only wish that I could go back in time and I would have ran away from his office! I have since had to pay another $2,000 to have laser resurfacing just to try to undo the damage from the dermabrasion! I now look like I have dark brown dirt on my face which is highlighting the scars! This was caused by the procedure as well! I do however recommend the laser resurfacing, it has made a remarkable difference in my scarring and had I originally went with the laser, as I wanted to, I probably would have nice skin right now!! However, I allowed the doctor to talk me in to the dermabrasion instead. Please don't ruin your face too!!! Because you can never go back!!

Reviewed on November 11, 2010

This procedure is not recommended for acne scars. Plus it makes all your pores larger. Don't do it.

Reviewed on October 31, 2010

I did see slight improvement and am told that w/ more treatments i can get to a satisfactory point, but at what expense-I don't know. I expected my shallow scars to be gone, and the deeper ones to look better-instead...all the scars are still visible, with slight improvement...needless to say, i'm very dissappointed. dr says after time, my scars will improve. he also says more treatments may be necessary. i'm jus over 2 months post op.

Reviewed on June 9, 2010

DON'T DO IT!!!! TRUST ME!! IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING LETTING SOME DOCTOR TAKE A WIRE SAND BRUSH TO YOUR SKIN TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO TIE YOU UP AND MAKE THEM STAY WITH YOU AND TALK SOME SENSE INTO YOU. DO NOT LET ANY DOCTOR NEAR YOUR FACE. OH AND ALSO IF ANY DOCTOR RECOMMENDS A PHENOL PEEL, RUN DON'T WALK FROM HIS/HER OFFICE. IT IS THE MOST HARMFUL ACID ON THE MARKET AND WILL ALSO CAUSE LOSS OF PIGMENT WHICH YOU CAN NEVER GET BACK.

Reviewed on May 7, 2010

Dermabrasion saved my life. My skin looks tons better, not perfect, but better than the acne scars. Don't be afraid if you are reading these other posts. If you go to a trusted doctor, I went with Dr, Alkek in Dallas, then you shouldn't be disappointed. I'm left with a few scars left and a slight difference in skin texture, but again it's a thousand times better than before. I plan on getting it done one more time so my skin can look perfect again. Wish me luck!

Reviewed on February 17, 2010

I had this procedure done on Nov. 10, 2009. My facial redness finally went away after 3.5 months. I believe my diet change (eating healthy- leafy greens, spinach, veggies high in vVtamin A- no fast food, lots of water, etc) & taking Borage oil + Lecithin helped the redness heal much quicker. I would def. suggest taking those supplements if you decide to get this done. I would also suggest taking Vitamin C & Chlorophyll too. You will be amazed at the results (how fast the redness goes away.) In the end, I would not recommend this. It was more trouble than it was worth. It did nothing for my scars & they aren't even that deep. Save your money! I wish I would have read these reviews before I got mine done b/c I don't think I would have gone through w/it. Way too risky. The only thing it did do was make my face smoother.

**If anyone knows any good home remedies that help w/indented scars please let me know** Thanks:)