Derma-e DMAE Alpha Lipoic C-Ester Retexturizing Creme reviews

3.7/5 - 6 reviews

Brand: Derma-e

Derma-e DMAE Alpha Lipoic C-Ester Retexturizing Creme

Benzoyl Peroxide (4%) or (8%).

Cetyl alcohol, citric acid, dimethyl isosorbide, docusate sodium, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, laureth-12, magnesium aluminum silicate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate.

Derma-e DMAE Alpha Lipoic C-Ester Retexturizing Creme

Derma E Skin Care DMAE Alpha Lipoic C Ester Retexturizing Creme, 2 Ounce -- 3 per case.
updated: 04/26/2017 01:59 UTC

Anonymous, CA
Reviewed on December 29, 2010

Even though I don't have mature skin, I tried this anyway thinking it might help the overall tone and texture of my skin. And it did, for a the first few days or so. My skin was super firm, smooth and tight, and my comedones (closed whiteheads) were mostly gone. It must be due to the jar packaging, because few more usages the effect wore off and my skin returned to its usual condition. I think this would be a superb item if Derma e makes it in a squeeze tube or a pump bottle, because with constant dipping in a jar and exposure to open air, the ingredients quickly break down and lose their effectiveness.

Still, it's worth a try since it didn't break me out and is actually pretty moisturizing

Reviewed on August 24, 2010

I love this cream. I use retin a micro and reversa (glycolic acid) about 4 times a week. For the rest of the week i am always looking for a great moisturizer that will calm the redness and flakiness without breaking me out.

This one is just perfect.

Really calm redness and irritation from retin a micro.

Moisturizes very well (eliminates flakiness)

Not oily, doesn't clog pores.

Anti aging

My skin definitely looks better when this cream is part of my regimen.

Right now my acne is very well controlled with retin a micro and diane 35.

I dont think this cream would cure acne on its own, but i think it is a wonderful moisturizer that helps me tolerate my acne meds better.

With this cream, i can use my retin a up to 4 nights a week and my skin looks perfectly calm (no redness) and perfectly moisturized.

Anonymous, Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed on February 21, 2010

i tried this on a whim...

i was at the store and went to the more natural side of the skin care aisle.

this seemed like it was packed with all kinds of good things for your skin!

so i got home, washed and toned my face and put this on. the next morning my skin was NOTICEABLY smoother, more even, and less pimples.

i get big cyst-like inflamed pimples around my jaw and on my cheeks. usually normal pimple medicine makes it worse....this has made my skin like a dream.

i feel like one of thosepeople who just has naturally great skin.

it also makes your make-up look better (when you put this on under it)

Nancy, nyc
Reviewed on September 22, 2009

It is a well documented fact that DMAE is found in Wild Alaskan Salmon; along with Omega-3 fatty acid which is a huge benefit to the human body, DMAE does in fact tighten skin and improve the texture of skin. What you put on your skin is just as important as what you consume in order to help your skin from the inside out. One thing I see over and over when reading facial cream reviews is women complaining about puffy under-eye area...

one of the best things you can easily do to improve or even entirely rid yourself of this problem is CUT DOWN ON SALT. "If you have puffy bags under your eyes in the morning, you are almost certainly consuming much more salt than you need

The best serum I use is the Made from Earth Vitamin Enhanced Face Firming Serum. It is the most cost effective DMAE source I have found and has worked to make my puffy eyes not puffy!! Also it contains a 3% DMAE concentration - I have used it for about 7 months now, and have now stopped because I have seen

Heidi, Greensburg, Pa
Reviewed on January 5, 2009

I buy this regularly throughout the winter, but it works great in the summer as well. Definitely worth the price! My holy grail of moisturizers!

Mark, Miami, FL