Demodex Solutions Bath Body Wash reviews

4.3/5 - 11 reviews

Brand: Demodex Solutions

Demodex Solutions Bath Body Wash

Grape seed oil, Taurine, Ext. Ginseng, Ext. Light yellow sophora root, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate, Methylparaben, Acid Citric, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Purified Water.

Didn't help at all
Reviewed on August 19, 2013

did not help at all, i have demodex and i thought this can help but instead all my skin pores got clogged with this stuff, it is very greasy and you need a lot of wated to wash it off and even on the bext day i felt Demodex complex on my skin. smells bad too.

S.U., San Francisco
Reviewed on July 24, 2011

I struggled with moderate rosacea for 9 years before using ZZ Ointment. I tried EVERYTHING (no sun, diet changes, vitamin supplements, over the counter & prescription topicals, oral antibiotics, laser treatments, etc.). Most of these helped somewhat, but I still had periods of really bad flare ups.

I discovered ZZ Ointment online about 18 months ago. Among the ingredients are zinc and sulfur, which are both said to be effective for rosacea. I have tried zinc (as an oral supplement) and sulfur (as a topical) before, and had only moderate relief. But, the combination of these with the other ingredients in ZZ Ointment works wonders! I noticed immediate improvement. I've now been using it for 18 months, and it is by far the most effective treatment for me. My skin is healthy looking: smooth, naturally toned (no more redness), and it feels stronger. I no longer have that raw, stinging, sensitive feeling on my face. I do still have light flare ups once in a while, but far less than before, and recovery time is fast (1 day). I am extremely satisfied with the results, and I will keep using this stuff.

I must add that eating a healthy diet, getting enough sleep, and exercising regularly has made a big difference for me. ZZ Ointment was just the missing piece that I needed!

ADVICE: When I first started using ZZ, I was caking it on, thinking the more the better. By doing this, I found that my skin dried out quickly, and the ointment was not as effective because it just sat on the top of my skin, a thick, unattractive white film. You really need VERY LITTLE to get results (it even says so on the website). I've found that the best way to put it on is to wet your fingers (shake off excess water), then put a tiny amount (1/4 size of a pea for the whole face), and spread evenly. Believe me, it works much better, is invisible on your skin, and the jar will last you much much longer!

Reviewed on March 10, 2011

I've had acne since I was 20 and I'm currently 29. Not severe acne, but moderate to light, occuring on my face and back. I, like many have done everything under the sun. I refuse medications as they all have negative side effects. I eat organic, use all natural toiletries, sweat, work out, have done numerous herbal cleanses, take whole-food vitamins and vitamins to help acne like zinc, vitamin A and E. I've seen a dermatologist and a naturopathic doctor as well. A few things I will tell you that may very well be your answer: try these products at [link removed]- I bought the ZZ cream, the XFML cream and the bar of soap. YOU may not need all of this and I may not either but I figured if I am going to do this then I better do like it is recommended. Change your pillow case EVERY night. Wash your shirts after one wear. So don't wear the same shirt 2 days in a row. I know seems obsessive, at least to me. Wash your clothes and your bedding in Borax-kills parasites. You can buy Borax at the grocery store in the laundry section. Do an herbal parasite cleanse to include: Clove capsules, Wormwood capsules and black walnut hull tincture. If interested in a specific regime you can email me. Also try for a 28 day period one at a time first cutting gluten out of your diet, yes that means breads and pasta but the good thing is that there is alternatives to gluten like corn and rice. Research it. After or before gluten cut out dairy, and yes milk, cheese, etc. I haven't done this yet, just gluten. Also I would highly recommend that daily you take a whole-food (not synthetic, like Centrum) multi-vitamin, a good quality probiotic as well as a good-quality Omega 3-6-9. Check out [link removed]. I recommend Garden of Life. It all may sound like a lot and overwhelming but worth it! Totally worth it to look in the mirror and see no new white heads. Honestly my boyfriend used to "pick" at my back every other day and now he says there is nothing to pick.

Jeff Kay, CA
Reviewed on December 31, 2010

The ONLY thing that has worked for me. I had worst year of my life because i aquired SEVERE cystic acne. I hated life haha.

But seriously, this is amazing.

The only thing i would suggest is when your skin is clear keep using it at least once or twice a week. I used it for about 3 or 4 months, noticing results IMMEDIATLEY, but i got fired from my job so affording this wasnt happening. My acne came back. I think its because since my skin was so clear i started eating sh*tty foods again. So keep using it occasionaly.

I also would recommend to stop eating gluten. That was a GIANT cause of my cysts.

GREAT PRODUCT! BUY!

Its kinda pricey but TOTALLY worth it. $50 every month and a half, almost two months.

Use a very little bit. and Moisten your face.

gettingbetter, USA
Reviewed on October 18, 2010

I am so grateful for the ZZ ointment. I have been using it to deal with rosacea. According to the company site, both acne and rosacea can be caused by demodex mites. As I have only been using the product for 6 weeks, my rosacea is not completely gone yet but it is vastly improved. I am getting my skin back.

I only use the ZZ ointment (am allergic to the XFML cream) and only use it at night (that's the most important time to use it). You need to apply only a very little bit. It is easier to spread if your face is slightly moist. There is menthol in the product so the fumes can make your eyes sting. If you put artificial tears in your eyes before applying the ointment, it will prevent the stinging.

Do read all the information offered on the Demodex Solutions site. Everything is explained....why it takes the time it does to work; why the condition gets worse before it gets better; the importance of continuing even when the skin seems all clear; once the skin is finally better, the importance of a maintenance program (once or twice a week) to make sure the mites don't re-establish themselves.

If your skin problem is caused by demodex mites, the ZZ ointment is worth a try.

Anonymous, St. Louis, MO
Reviewed on July 29, 2010

I recommend everyone should at least try this because these "mites" might be the cause for your acne. I'm on month 3, so I don't have full results but it has reduced my acne by a good amount, with it getting a lot worse with white heads at first. I'm now buying the shampoo, body wash and lotion to see how that goes since I have body acne :( and I'll see how that goes... best of luck!

J. Schwinger, Kansas City KS USA
Reviewed on November 26, 2009

If you have acne associated with rosacea there is a good possibility that demodex are the cause. If so, this product will do what it claims to do. On a side note, i also have ocular rosacea and meibomian gland dysfunction. After using their eyelash cream for about 5 weeks id improved my dry eye problem significantly.

tawntawn, Denton, TX
Reviewed on August 24, 2009

I don't know if it's for every type of acne but it worked for the type that I had. Check out my first post to read about my experience.

Anonymous, USA
Reviewed on December 21, 2008

I get tiny bumps on my forehead that often become little whiteheads. Rarely is there an actual full-blown zit up there, but sometimes the bumps can get a bit out of control. I decided to try the zz cream and it worked very fast. I use it off and on depending on how bad my forehead is, but I did again last night and it reduced the bumps significantly with very noticeable improvement by the next day! I'm not really sure if the mites thing is valid, but the product works for me. I also use the shampoo on my hair since which helps reduce the acne on my hairline. Try it!

Mick, Coventry, England
Reviewed on August 29, 2008

I have been using these products for about 2 years. I use one cream in the morning, and the other 2/3 nights a week. I also have the shampoo, which is very good.

The science behind these products is a bit weird with all the mite things but there definately is something in it. It works on the symptoms and not the root cause, but for me it has really helped especially with spots around my nose/forehead area (t-zone).