Page 2 of De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment reviews

Polyethylene Glycol.

De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment 10% Acne Medication Ointment, 3 Ounces
updated: 09/30/2016 20:27 UTC

De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment

does work well as spot treatment
Reviewed on November 27, 2013

This product has a gooie-gel like consistency, but the sulfur has always worked well for my breakouts. I use it as spot treatment and my zits go away in 2 days of regular use. Sometimes, the zit will shrink with in hours on same day. Like most sulfur products it does have unpleasant odor, but I rather take that for 10 minutes than acne breakouts! The small bottle has a lot of product that lasts a while. You don't want to use too much as it's very potent.

Reviewed on March 20, 2013

First, follow the instructions,you're only to leave it on for 10 mins and wash it off. If you have moderately severe acne like myself it will take a while to work but don't give up! It will cause an IB if you have moderately severe acne.Closed comedones are greatly improved while using this sulfur ointment.It works okay on cystic pimples but can also make dormant cysts come to surface.It got me clear once and I believe it can do it again!

Reviewed on January 28, 2013

This stuff works great!!! It unclogs my pores and also exfoliates the skin. Everytime I shower I wipe my face with my hands and I see the dead skin cells shed off my face and end up on my hands. It exfoliates the skin and makes your overall skin look brighter. It also sucks up oil really well and helps your face feel tight and clean.

Reviewed on January 23, 2013

Helped tremendously with my facial and body acne. Overall complexion has greatly improved, skin is smoother to the touch and looks healthier. Causes minor pealing, but that is easily fixable with gentle exfoliator and a good moisturizer. Results worth all the "cons" and every penny spent. Noticed improvement in 3 days.

Reviewed on January 6, 2013

Try it for rosacea/dermal mite infested skin (large pores, itchy nasal creases, oily/sensitive skin, rough and bumpy appearance). I had generally very irritated skin, where it just never felt completely comfortable. Hard to explain, but it was of course oily, painful cystic pimples on cheeks and jawline, hard bumps in the area between eyes and on nasal folds. Enlargened pores and itchy nasal folds. This ointment applied after weekly exfoliation with rough sponge helped immensely.

Reviewed on August 29, 2012

I can speak from my own experience with this product: it works very well for me and I have tried everything out there. It is a great spot treatment. It says to leave it on for 10 minutes, however I leave it on overnight and it works wonders. In the morning it is all gone and has soaked into my pimples. It quickly reduces the inflammation, size, and severity of the pimple. For me, there are zero side effects for this product, and I have extremely sensitive skin. There is no irritation, itching, burning, redness, etc. when applying. It is natural and very safe. I appreciate this product so much, it has saved my skin from all of the harsh chemicals that I have used for years. And it is CHEAP and lasts for a very long period of time. I would definitely recommend giving it a try!

by redrabbit on 09/08/2014 23:49
Sulfur is technically a harsh chemical. Just putting that out there.
Reviewed on August 13, 2012

I tried this when the drug store didn't have my usual sulfur treatment (Acnomel) and I like it! It works about as well and you get a lot for the money.

It's a mask, not an ointment, and it's pretty sticky so I apply it 10 minutes before my shower, where it's easier to wash off. It's a bit of a pain trying to wash it off in the sink. Definitely moisturize after you use it!

I've experimented with leaving it on longer than the recommended 10 minutes and my skin is pretty oily so that works for me. I got a little bit of peeling but the dead skin just rubbed off and there was no raw or red skin underneath. It seems to be most effective if you can leave it as long as possible but not so long that it makes your skin peel later, which requires a bit of trial and error.

I've also tried using it as a spot treatment ointment, I get a little dab on my fingertip and apply it to a pimple then just leave it. If it starts to itch later then I wipe it off with a tissue but it doesn't always - sometimes it just sort of soaks in and it doesn't bother me. That works for me but it might dry your skin! I definitely recommend using it as directed on a small patch of skin first to see how it is for you.

I think this might even be better than Acnomel, it doesn't dry my skin quite as much as Acnomel does. I'm kind of alternating between the two at the moment. My regimen definitely works better when it includes sulfur.

Reviewed on June 15, 2012

I would recommend this. I tried many other types of acne treatment, including ProActiv, Stridex, and Nutrogena On-the-Spot. While Stridex was easier to use, it irritated my skin. ProActiv and Nutrogena had almost no visible effect on my acne.

This, however, was the one thing I tried and after four months, I still use. I apply it once a day. To save time, I wash my face and apply it 10 minutes before I shower every night, so when I shower it comes off naturally. The difference was small but definitely noticeable after 3 days, and after a month most of my acne had disappeared.

Something I learned when using this is to avoid getting it on cloth. When I first bought it, I had read that people had positive results when they applied it before they slept, and left it on all night. I tried this, and to my dismay my pillowcase became discolored. On top of that, it smelled like it had been charred. The smell came out only after washing it 3 times, and the stains never came out.

Another thing I learned was that Sulfur reacts with jewelry. I wear a watch which I now take off before I apply this, because the sulfur reacted with the metal.

In all, I would recommend this product to people with moderate acne. Use it once or twice a day, but try to avoid getting it on clothes, and take off all jewelry before use.

Reviewed on June 8, 2012

I love this stuff, it works so well, dries out the pimples fast. Even if I pick at them and a scab forms I use this product and it helps to heal the scab faster.

Reviewed on April 21, 2012

I've had this for a few weeks. Barely made a dent in my jar. I really love it! I don't use it all over my face or as a face mask overnight or as directed on the instructions (put on face for 10 mins a day) Instead I use it as a "on the spot" treatment. If I see a zit coming up I just put a thin layer over it overnight & it usually either shrinks the zit or helps it heal MUCH faster. It's especially useful for blasting cysts. It's water soluble. It will not absorb into your face, this is why (for me anyway) it's best to use as a spot treatment and not everywhere overnight. Definitely the most effective treatment I've ever used!