De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment reviews

Sulfur (10%).

Polyethylene Glycol.

De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment 10% Acne Medication Ointment, 3 Ounces
updated: 10/04/2015 17:17 UTC
$5.29 is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

good for sistic acne
Reviewed on September 18, 2015

I had acne since 13. By 14 I developed keloids on my chest. Nothing worked unless I had a vigorous routine which was impossible to follow every day. I'm 26yo now and this stuff is surprisingly good with fat pimples and zits. In my case I found out I have to leave the stuff on overnight. I spread it all over my shoulders once and had very little irritation. With my severe acne I pop the hell out of my pimples and smear a dab of de la cruz on them. Instructions say not to use on open wounds but I didn't follow that rule, either. Like I said I have sistic acne and this is good for treating it. I rather do this to avoid more scars. I had expensive penicillin shots on my chest scars that hurt like hell when I was about 16 (Around $100 at the time). They didn't completely go away. But they're not as inflamed. Still very sensitive to touch. I'm not very self conscious, either, so if you're like me just hang with a bit dry irritation where you place the sulfur and in a day or two the pimples dry up. After that just rub lotion after showering so the dryness goes away. Again this is my own experience with severe acne. Some people's skin is more sensitive than others. Follow Monica AR 's advice and test a small patch of skin first. Stay pimpin'.

Saved my face
Reviewed on September 17, 2015

Let me start off by saying DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT leave this on overnight, your skin will start to peel. And do not spread this all over your face before having tested this out on a small patch of skin sulfur may be too strong for some of you.

Okay now to the review, this saved my face. I am 21 years old. I had never broken out like crazy. Just one or two pimples that would last 2-3 days and then go away without me having to even use anything on it. 6 months ago i got the worse break out of my life. I mean 10-15 pimples all over my face. Pimples with no head that were underneath the skin. I looked up remedies online. I tried washing with salycilic acid. Nothing. I tried benzoyl peroxide. Nothing. I tried drinking 3 liters of water (which i still do) No improvements after 2-3 months of doing so. I started exercising about 2 months ago (i still do this) no improvements. I started taking fish oil to try and regulate hormones, no improvements. Finally i bought this ointment 2 weeks ago. People were saying after 3 days their acne was gone, That didnt happen for me. But I didnt give up because I know products take time to work. Last week all my acne started coming to a head. They popped and dried out and are gone. I now have 2 pimples that are underneath remaining (very small ones i might add) everything else gone. Redness gone, pimples gone, texture gone. My face is back to normal im so happy

Worlds better than BP
Reviewed on September 4, 2015

I use this as a spot treatment. I used it as a mask initially to clear me (sometimes for 15 minutes, sometimes overnight). You just have to splash water on afterwards to rinse off. I couldn't continue to use it as a mask after it cleared me though because it made my skin peel too much. Now, I either use it as a spot treatment (only for 15-20 minutes at a time) or add a 1/2 teaspoon to my bath.

Sulfur Ointment Update!
Reviewed on February 27, 2012

!!!BE AWARE!!! This product formula has changed recently and now contains fragrance. If you are allergic to fragrance or at least sensitive, use caution! The same company makes a sulfur powder, so if you wanna try mixing it with stuff and using that to have the sulfur w/o the fragrance, it might work.

I've found that this product has really worked for me, much better than any BP product I've ever found. My blemishes have been smaller and fewer since using this product and it doesn't leave a film on my skin that some BP products have in the past. And, strangely enough, I rather like the sulfur smell. Smells like matches~

Also, I want to take this space to note that a couple of negative reviews that this product has received seem to have stemmed from a profound lack of knowledge on how to use the product.

!!! It is not meant to be left on the skin!!!

As the instructions conveniently located on the package have informed me, the product is meant to be RINSED OFF.

See, the binding agent in the ointment is water soluble. That means it dissolves in water. Since your face isn't made out of water, guess what? It's not going to absorb.

Further more, you're only supposed t 10 minutes, not all day, not over night. 10 EFFING MINUTES. You know why? Because leaving it on for longer could, I don't know, IRRITATE YOUR SKIN MAYBE!?

I apologize if I seem a bit testy. It just pains me to know that one of the few products that has actually worked for me had a few reviews that were the result of ignorance of the product rather than product failure. Now, some of the negative reviews are valid, I'm sure, but honestly....

That said, if BP works for you, then use BP. If it doesn't, you might want to try this sulfur product.

by crystaltrottier on 10/10/2014 02:11
I loved this product until they started adding the fragrance, something in it burned my skin like hell.
by crystaltrottier on 10/10/2014 02:14
by jackierch on 07/07/2015 22:48
I did an overnighter. Now I look like I have a heat rash. How do I clear up this mess?
by Lovinmusic76 on 07/25/2015 05:09
Jackierch- try a Bendryl for the rash. You may want to try using it for only 5 mins or just the 10 that's on the instructions. If you still are irritated then the fragrance in the ointment is probably a problem for you. Try the soap instead in that case.
does work well as spot treatment
Reviewed on November 27, 2013

This product has a gooie-gel like consistency, but the sulfur has always worked well for my breakouts. I use it as spot treatment and my zits go away in 2 days of regular use. Sometimes, the zit will shrink with in hours on same day. Like most sulfur products it does have unpleasant odor, but I rather take that for 10 minutes than acne breakouts! The small bottle has a lot of product that lasts a while. You don't want to use too much as it's very potent.

Reviewed on March 20, 2013

First, follow the instructions,you're only to leave it on for 10 mins and wash it off. If you have moderately severe acne like myself it will take a while to work but don't give up! It will cause an IB if you have moderately severe acne.Closed comedones are greatly improved while using this sulfur ointment.It works okay on cystic pimples but can also make dormant cysts come to surface.It got me clear once and I believe it can do it again!

Reviewed on January 28, 2013

This stuff works great!!! It unclogs my pores and also exfoliates the skin. Everytime I shower I wipe my face with my hands and I see the dead skin cells shed off my face and end up on my hands. It exfoliates the skin and makes your overall skin look brighter. It also sucks up oil really well and helps your face feel tight and clean.

Reviewed on January 23, 2013

Helped tremendously with my facial and body acne. Overall complexion has greatly improved, skin is smoother to the touch and looks healthier. Causes minor pealing, but that is easily fixable with gentle exfoliator and a good moisturizer. Results worth all the "cons" and every penny spent. Noticed improvement in 3 days.

Reviewed on January 6, 2013

Try it for rosacea/dermal mite infested skin (large pores, itchy nasal creases, oily/sensitive skin, rough and bumpy appearance). I had generally very irritated skin, where it just never felt completely comfortable. Hard to explain, but it was of course oily, painful cystic pimples on cheeks and jawline, hard bumps in the area between eyes and on nasal folds. Enlargened pores and itchy nasal folds. This ointment applied after weekly exfoliation with rough sponge helped immensely.

Reviewed on August 29, 2012

I can speak from my own experience with this product: it works very well for me and I have tried everything out there. It is a great spot treatment. It says to leave it on for 10 minutes, however I leave it on overnight and it works wonders. In the morning it is all gone and has soaked into my pimples. It quickly reduces the inflammation, size, and severity of the pimple. For me, there are zero side effects for this product, and I have extremely sensitive skin. There is no irritation, itching, burning, redness, etc. when applying. It is natural and very safe. I appreciate this product so much, it has saved my skin from all of the harsh chemicals that I have used for years. And it is CHEAP and lasts for a very long period of time. I would definitely recommend giving it a try!

by redrabbit on 09/08/2014 23:49
Sulfur is technically a harsh chemical. Just putting that out there.