Page 2 of De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment Acne Medication reviews

Polyethylene Glycol.

De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment 10% Acne Medication Ointment, 3 Ounces
updated: 09/17/2014 15:29 UTC

Reviewed on April 21, 2012

I've had this for a few weeks. Barely made a dent in my jar. I really love it! I don't use it all over my face or as a face mask overnight or as directed on the instructions (put on face for 10 mins a day) Instead I use it as a "on the spot" treatment. If I see a zit coming up I just put a thin layer over it overnight & it usually either shrinks the zit or helps it heal MUCH faster. It's especially useful for blasting cysts. It's water soluble. It will not absorb into your face, this is why (for me anyway) it's best to use as a spot treatment and not everywhere overnight. Definitely the most effective treatment I've ever used!

Reviewed on December 10, 2011

Do not leave this product on over night the first time you use it. test it on a small patch of skin for 10 min and see how that goes and then gradually increase the time if you like it. This will make your skin peel and not just after the initial use it will make it peel for like a week even if you use it just once. I used it once for 20 min and my skin peeled for a week after. the first peel was awful and my skin was so red and irritated. this product can be conceiving because the ointment makes it feel like its moisturizing your skin but it does NOT moisturize at all. it does do a good job at getting rid of black heads though so i will be using it on my nose maybe once a week or less.

Reviewed on December 3, 2011

I read all these amazing reviews. I thought to myself. Ok, so nothing over the counter has EVER worked for you, but since I know sulfur is drying and then these really good reviews state it is a miracle product, why not give it a go. First day I leave it on for 10 minutes, I wanted to leave it on longer but my skin became horribly itchy, not from dryness but the feeling of a rash. I think I am allergic to sulfur. This caused a lot of those little tiny rash like pimples, I never get those unless a product irritates me.

Try it though, if your skin tends to get a long with over the counter products, it will probably work for you. Unfortunately the only thing that helps me is my derm prescriptions.

Reviewed on November 14, 2011

it works better than anything iv ever tried before, and iv done everything, including accutane.Nothing works faster and better than this stuff. Butt.... you gotta order it online because they don't sell it anywhere.

Reviewed on November 14, 2011

I had been using the Acne.org BP for a number of months, and although I had gotten reasonably clear, the BP wasn't getting me where I wanted to be. I came across this product because of some very favorable Amazon reviews, and since they were corroborated on this site and since I had used sulfur before, I decided to go ahead and get it.

The jar was very reasonably priced, which was a plus right up front. I could easily imagine the jar lasting for 3-4 months, so it's a very good value for the price.

That's about where the positives ended for me. The material's consistency was totally unexpected -- rubbing it around on my face was a huge challenge. Imagine rubbing a cold stick of butter into your skin -- that's what it felt like to me, anyway. Further, the product was extremely poor at absorbing -- 8 hours after application, it was still in a thick and sticky layer on my face.

There was also tremendous initial irritation for a few days early on in the process. For those of you who use BP, you'll remember turning as red as a lobster and losing basically a faceful of skin in the form of flakes. It was the same for me with this product, probably even worse than BP was, if anything.

I might have stuck with this product longer had it been the miracle treatment some have suggested that it is, but it certainly wasn't so for me. In fact, my skin probably got a little bit worse in the week that I used it. Whether it's the product's ineffectiveness, or an initial breakout from the product, or a breakout from reducing my usage of BP (I used it several times during that week but not on a regular basis like I had previously), I'm not sure.

Bottom line: it's cheap, so go ahead and try it if you can. If it works well for you, it's great value. However, it didn't for me -- so some dampening of the "clear in a day with this product" mentality should be in order.

Reviewed on June 25, 2011

I'm a teenage girl going to school, and looks mean everything to me. I always had PERFECT ^_^ skin, but then I guess puberty set in, and I was not ready for it. I had no knoweledge of how to get rid of acne, nor did my parents bcuz their skin was always perfect; WHY WASN'T MINE XD. I did tons of research, bought tons of products; which only made me worse (dry skin, shiny nose). I was getting so depressed from this curse; looks mean everything to me. My Mom ran across this, and just because it was not popular; I doubted it would work. I read reviews and it sounded promising; so I bought it. I washed my face with moisturizing noxzema face wash, washed only my problem areas (forehead, left cheek) with clearasil ultra daily face wash, and finally applied this to only my problem areas and went to sleep. I swear I woke up, looked in the mirror, and felt like crying tears of joy. My face was almost totally clear, I was exstatic. Now its been a long time since then, so I'm not exactly sure how long it took my face to get 100%. I think it was like 3 days and my face was almost totally clear though. I decided to write because I did use it today bcuz I stopped doing anything to my face for a long time, and I noticed hair products messing with my skin. My skin is again 100% from this though. Thats why I decided to review. One thing, your face will get dry if u use it more than once a day. Please do like me and use it every night, and sleep with it on. Then rinse it off in the morning.

Reviewed on May 19, 2011

This stuff is great for the price. Seriously. I found it in the back of the hair care isle in Walgreens (not with the skin care stuff like you would think) and I decided to give it a shot. I don't feel like it dried me out, and I feel like it's going to do great things for soothing my persistent acne prone skin. Definitely worth a shot.