DDF Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 5% with Tea Tree Oil

Average price: $23.94

Brand: DDF

Most helpful review

By Adri, New York on 08/29/2011

This product works and causes little to no irritation. After several months of using this product my face was clear and I stopped using it. After the loss of a friend and a very hard time adjusting to work, I had a severe breakout due to stress. I tired using the Clarisonic and other products but they did nothing to improve my acne. I went back to this product and after one month my face was completely clear. Not one blemish or black head. I may get a little bump around my menstrual cycle but that's it. I highly recommend this product as part of the 4 step regimen..

Pros:
  • Effective
  • Gentle
  • A little goes a long way
  • Little to no order
  • Quick results

20 out of 32 people found this review helpful

Benzoyl Peroxide (5%)(Acne Treatment).

Water, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Polyglyceryl 6 Isostearate, PEG 8 Laurate, Diisopropanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Melaleuca Altemifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Tea).

Member reviews

By on

Pros

• Effective
  • Gentle
  • A little goes a long way
  • Little to no order
  • Quick results

Cons

[not submitted]
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 28
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i haven't used this product consistently for a very long time, so i'm not sure whether a longer use of this product would cause different and improved results. i used this product for about a week on my acne that seemed to be getting worse lately, since there were many good reviews about this. for me personally, i did not see much improvement. it shrunk some pimples, but it seemed to cause new pimples too. disappointed because i was really hoping for good results!

Pros

• shrunk pimples (but also caused new ones)
  • not greasy

Cons

• expensive
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 30

Get it!

Pros

• Works effectively, sorta quickly
  • No aroma
  • Glides on smooth
  • A generous amount, will last awhile
  • Healed small pimples in first week, prevented new ones, shrinking cysts gradually.

Cons

• Feel a little drying, may even feel uncomfortably tight, but only for the first 2 weeks of use
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 28
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I am a 29 year old female and have struggled with acne since high school. I have had 1 course of Accutane and used a variety of prescription meds in the past from dermatologist. Acne flares up now/then and when it gets bad it becomes mod severe. After experimenting with many products, I find tihs 5% BP with the tea tree oil to work very well on my skin. In the past week its cleared several pimples up on my forehead and temples. I use an oil-free moisturizer after I have applied it and that helps to prevent drying/flaking. Moisturizer is important, try an oil-free one after the DDF and let DDF dry for 5 min before applying moisturizer. It works- give this product a week and I hope you see results like I have. Good luck!

Pros

• Not greasy
  • Effective
  • Reduces redness

Cons

[not submitted]
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 28
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Oh my gosh I love this stuff!! It's the only thing I've found that has almost completely cleared my skin. I use it every single day after exfoliating cleanser, and before a light moisturizer. Doesn't dry me out, doesn't burn, doesn't make me flake, I think the 5% is a perfect amount for me. I just wish it wasn't almost $30.

Pros

• works so well!!
  • no smell
  • doesn't dry out or burn

Cons

• expensive
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 28
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I am completely happy with my purchase. I use about every other day now and only on spots where I have breakouts. I don't want to dry out the areas of my skin that look good.

Pros

• I am 30+ and had a breakout beyond my normal breakouts. I noticed improvement after one use. I've used it for a month now, and my skin is back to normal.

Cons

• Drys out skin. Slight burning sensation the first few uses.
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 28
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Give it a try, makes my skin feel really great, helps acne and definitely reduces redness and inflammation. I use it along with the DDF sulfur mask for spot treatments and am so pleased with results. If you're intimidated with the full sizes, try the DDF Acne Tackle Box to give all the products a test drive.

Pros

• Light and effective, has really improved without irritation

Cons

• A little pricey for a college student budget but a little goes a long way and has been worth it
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 28
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I think it's totally worth the price- you can get a large tube that goes a long way and it's remarkably effective.

Pros

• It goes on smoothly and absorbs well. I only use it once a day and it's not too drying. It's completely eliminated the minor breakouts i was getting post-Accutane and gotten rid of T-zone oiliness.

Cons

• It can be harsh. I used it once on the skin above my upper lip and it left it red and irritated.
  • very light
  • for about a month
  • $ 28
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

get it

Pros

• it works well(:

Cons

• slowww
  • severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I really don't like this product, it doesn't react well with my skin. I have a few small pimples on the right side of my face so I decided to try and use this product to get rid of them. But it made them much worse, and right now I have to constantly keep applying moisturizer in an attempt to stop the itching. (And I only used a little dab of the stuff).

Pros

• None for me.

Cons

• It made my skin really itchy and red in the areas I applied it.
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 25
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.