Overall rating: 4.0 / 5
(based on 8 reviews)

Recommended by 88% of visitors

Most helpful review

By Crystal, CT on 01/17/2012

While this may not work for everyone (my sister did not see similar results to mine) I recommend trying it, what have you got to lose? In order to be sure of what has an effect, it is important to only change this one thing and for at least 3-4 weeks before deciding if it works..

Pros:
  • Restricting/Omitting Dairy did help clear up my acne.
Cons:
  • cheese was the most difficult to omit

80 out of 155 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

I've had bad acne for 10 yrs now. Last winter it flared up even worse than before around my jaw/neck/chin. I was skeptical of doing the dairy, but I tried it for a week. I didn't notice a difference, but then I was desperate and tried it again and it worked WONDERS. When I cave and have some dairy, my skin flares up in a couple of weeks, and then goes back down again, proving that it is definitely related to dairy! My skin still isn't perfect, but this definitely helps manage my hormonal acne!

Pros

• It helps hormonal.
  • Lots of yummy alternatives (soy, almond, and coconut milk)
  • Makes your body feel better in general.
  • I can still have very small amounts of dairy without my face exploding.

Cons

• Takes about 1-2 months to see results (but it's so worth it!)
  • No cheese (wah)
  • severe
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I had no idea what dairy was doing to my body until I tried giving it up myself and did some research on it. I had some moderate acne on my face, neck, and chest. From what i gather my issue was from hormonal imbalances and cutting out dairy helped cleared my face among other issues i had going on with my body. At times when i do indulge in some sort of dairy product rest assured there will be a pimple somewhere coming up. i can almost name it by what food it was that made it appear.

Pros

• Clears skin

Cons

• None
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been on a dairy free diet for about 6 months, 2 months in I COMPLETELY stopped getting any cystic acne and I have honestly not had a single cystic pimple since, I do still get surface acne but much much less frequently

I understand this may not work for everybody and must admit it was very hard at first to exclude dairy from my diet but I have had amazing results and recommend anyone to at least give it a go

An animals milk is meant for its offspring, it contains hormones and sometimes other things added by milking companies such as steriods and antibiotics that we should not be ingesting

Do your best to eat what we are meant to be eating, theres nothing to loose, you'll see improvements all round not just in your skin

dont treat your body like a trashcan!

Pros

• No more cystic acne whatsoever

Cons

• Can be very difficult to stick to
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i gave up dairy last autumn when i had acne and it made no difference so i just introduced it back into my diet, my skin cleared by christmas time last year from antibiotics and yasmin pill.

i became resistant to the antibiotics (erythomycin) so i have been on dianette for nearly 3 months and started roaccutane 32 days ago, i feel its important to get a source of calcium so i do eat dairy occasionally but i havent drank cows milk for months, dont even like the taste anymore, i drink almond milk its lovely and better for you.

Pros

• none that i have noticed

Cons

• lost weight and i shouldnt be losing any as im already classed as underweight
  • didnt enjoy food as much without any dairy
  • not getting enough calcium
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Ok , removed all dairy for about two months, results were a m a z i n g , not ONE new inflamed pimple after 2 months , I am beyond happy. Yes this was my answer and cure but your acne could be caused by something different , but it does not hurt to try it and hope for the best. I am currently clear and have been since dairy removal. I had at the time mainly chin and jawline acne about 3-5 large red pimples at a time....but no more:)

Pros

• No more inflamed acne

Cons

• I love cheese and cereal
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I havent really noticed a big change but they do help.

and Dairy is bad for anyone PERIOD

Cow milk is for baby cows not hummans

Pros

• Reduces Acne
  • No Significant Improvement
  • Slowly
  • might work for people better

Cons

• Hard?
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've seen a definite correlation between my acne and dairy consumption. I'm currently on a low-dairy diet and am trying to move to a no-dairy diet. 4 stars is for the low-dairy diet, it's possible that eliminating dairy will help even more.

Pros

• seems to reduce acne

Cons

• can be hard to keep up
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• Restricting/Omitting Dairy did help clear up my acne.

Cons

• cheese was the most difficult to omit
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.