Dairy Free Diet reviews

4.2/5 - 11 reviews

Dairy Free Diet

Stopped Cystic Acne within a Week!
Reviewed on May 7, 2015

I feel like an idiot for never trying to cut out dairy before, after suffering for many years.

Within a week all new cysts stopped appearing and the existing ones started to shrink considerably.

I give 4 stars because I was still getting small inflammatory whiteheads, though they healed quicker than usual.

A few weeks after cutting dairy I cut gluten too, and I swear after 1 week all afterthe little whiteheads were gone too.

Give it a shot, especially if you get cysts. I wish I had much earlier.

***Edit***

Ok after awhile I feel like I have to edit bcause I was bad during the week of my husbands birthday and ate dairy and gluten 3×.

I immediately went back on after that week, but it didnt clear like it did before.

I was dispairing over it and feeling like I was right back at square one AGAIN, but then I remembered I had also began 2 tsp of cod liver oil per day a few days before I quit dairy, and I ran out a few days before my week of cheating on my diet and just didnt get a chance to run to the healthfood store for another bottle.

Now a week after starting clo again Im already looking great. Im still avoiding dairy bcuz I beleive it really isnt good for you, but now I can have it on special occasions without my skin freaking out.

Try it! The pills just arent enough though, you'd have to take 10 to equal a tsp. Garden of life and twinlabs norweigan are both fairly cheap and both worked for me.

Good luck everyone!!!

Really amazing
Reviewed on September 24, 2014

It's been a year since am on dairy free diet & its working. My previously oily T-zone is no more oily. Those nasty pimples shows up whenever i eat dairy food by mistake. Also Stress is one of the contributor I suppose. So stay away from dairy as well as stress. Keep smiling!! :)

High glycemic index foods and dairy products linked to acne
Reviewed on June 1, 2014

High glycemic index foods and dairy products linked to acne

Reviewed on February 6, 2013

I've had bad acne for 10 yrs now. Last winter it flared up even worse than before around my jaw/neck/chin. I was skeptical of doing the dairy, but I tried it for a week. I didn't notice a difference, but then I was desperate and tried it again and it worked WONDERS. When I cave and have some dairy, my skin flares up in a couple of weeks, and then goes back down again, proving that it is definitely related to dairy! My skin still isn't perfect, but this definitely helps manage my hormonal acne!

Reviewed on January 23, 2013

I had no idea what dairy was doing to my body until I tried giving it up myself and did some research on it. I had some moderate acne on my face, neck, and chest. From what i gather my issue was from hormonal imbalances and cutting out dairy helped cleared my face among other issues i had going on with my body. At times when i do indulge in some sort of dairy product rest assured there will be a pimple somewhere coming up. i can almost name it by what food it was that made it appear.

Reviewed on November 11, 2012

I have been on a dairy free diet for about 6 months, 2 months in I COMPLETELY stopped getting any cystic acne and I have honestly not had a single cystic pimple since, I do still get surface acne but much much less frequently

I understand this may not work for everybody and must admit it was very hard at first to exclude dairy from my diet but I have had amazing results and recommend anyone to at least give it a go

An animals milk is meant for its offspring, it contains hormones and sometimes other things added by milking companies such as steriods and antibiotics that we should not be ingesting

Do your best to eat what we are meant to be eating, theres nothing to loose, you'll see improvements all round not just in your skin

dont treat your body like a trashcan!

Reviewed on September 21, 2012

i gave up dairy last autumn when i had acne and it made no difference so i just introduced it back into my diet, my skin cleared by christmas time last year from antibiotics and yasmin pill.

i became resistant to the antibiotics (erythomycin) so i have been on dianette for nearly 3 months and started roaccutane 32 days ago, i feel its important to get a source of calcium so i do eat dairy occasionally but i havent drank cows milk for months, dont even like the taste anymore, i drink almond milk its lovely and better for you.

Reviewed on September 20, 2012

Ok , removed all dairy for about two months, results were a m a z i n g , not ONE new inflamed pimple after 2 months , I am beyond happy. Yes this was my answer and cure but your acne could be caused by something different , but it does not hurt to try it and hope for the best. I am currently clear and have been since dairy removal. I had at the time mainly chin and jawline acne about 3-5 large red pimples at a time....but no more:)

Reviewed on February 3, 2012

I havent really noticed a big change but they do help.

and Dairy is bad for anyone PERIOD

Cow milk is for baby cows not hummans

Reviewed on January 17, 2012

I've seen a definite correlation between my acne and dairy consumption. I'm currently on a low-dairy diet and am trying to move to a no-dairy diet. 4 stars is for the low-dairy diet, it's possible that eliminating dairy will help even more.