Cortaid Maximum Strength 1.0% Hydrocortisone Anti-Itch Cream reviews

4.5/5 - 16 reviews

Brand: Cortaid

Hydrocortisone (1.0%).

Aloe Vera Gel, Benzyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Methylparaben, Mixed Fatty Acid Esters, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Purified Water.

Best for painful nodules
Reviewed on August 11, 2013

It doesn't really improve the time it takes for nodules to go away. It does make it a lot less painful though.

Reviewed on August 25, 2012

Give it a try, it's cheap and it might work wonders for you!

Reviewed on March 9, 2012

I used hydrocortisone on my cystic acne and next day it was 10 times worse, bigger horrible...please don't use it...and get a cortisone shot if that what you are looking for

Reviewed on February 3, 2012

I have hormonal cystic breakouts on my neck and jawline and I've tried everything including internal and topical medications. NOTHING worked, except getting the cysts injected, which obviously I couldn't do every day. I tried Cortaid cream first on my chest at night (for a light/minor breakout) and it was basically gone by the next morning. I tried it on my face the following night and it brought the redness and size of the cysts down hugely. Totally affordable and effective. Definitely worth a try.

I recommend putting it on at night because it is a little greasy and doesn't really work under makeup.

Reviewed on December 22, 2011

after 3 months of having painful large red cysts and trying everything else, it was the hydrocortisone that finally got rid of the cysts completely in a week's time - I was considering going to the dermatologist to have the cysts injected with cortisone but thought I'd try the topical cream first, so happy I did

Reviewed on March 23, 2011

A few months ago I was researching methods of clearing up cysts, and I read something on the Internet about using this cream to help the swelling. I picked up a tube of Walgreens' 1% hydrocortizone cream, and it has really worked for me, even on big cysts I've had.

Apply it any time, rub it in and let it sit on your face for as long as you want. I often leave it on overnight on problem areas, and (especially combined with the Tea Tree Oil from the Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick that I also use) it really helps bring blemishes come to a head quicker.

I have really sensitive skin, and after using it as a spot treatment for a few months (I wouldn't recommend using it all over your face), I haven't noticed any negative effects on my skin from using this product (like breaking out more, getting a rash, etc). I really love that about this cream, because harsh treatments like salicylic acid or BP can dry out and even burn my skin sometimes.

It's not necessarily a miracle product, but it's worked well for me. Try it and see what it does for your skin!

Reviewed on February 1, 2011

So they say when you have a cyst to go to the dermetologist for a cortisone shot. Well I can't afford this so I figured I'll just put some cortisone cream on it & see how that pans out.

I had a big ugly red cyst on my neck so I put some HC cream on it & a bandaid over it. When I woke up I didn't see much of a difference, & by nighttime it was bigger, redder, & so much more painful (but the make up I used to cover it up probably didn't help! lol)

Well anyways, I did this again that night, HC cream & covered with a bandaid, & like I said by this time it was HUGE. Well I woke up this morning & it's a freakin miracle. The swelling has gone almost completely down, isn't red anymore, & isn't painful. I am doing the HC cream again today & tonight & I'm really hopeful that this thing will be completely gone by tomorrow.

& after reading all these reviews I think I may try the HC cream on my other pimples too, I'm just a little nervous because of how greasy the cream is. But I'mma try it!

Reviewed on October 25, 2009

I had a huge rash on both of my legs and my mother gave me some hydrocortisone.

Within' a week it was gone.

I figured if it could take the inflamation of my legs it can take it off my face.

So after 5 years of heavy acne and investing in many products, this completly cleared my face within' a month.

Reviewed on October 24, 2009

I only have mild acne and as such when a pimple fights I try too hard. So my skin got irritated and I got more acne....

To make a long story short, I went to the doctor and got Hydrocortisone Creme, 1% and in two days time many of my pimples are dried up. Also, the skin is returning back to normal and I feel like my face will look good once again.

Reviewed on September 5, 2009

I have mild acne, the thing is that whenever i get a zit/pimple it tends to be extremely painful and hard to get rid off. i used to get frustrated by zits to the point were i scratched and scratched my face to make the pimple come off which made the appearance even worse and my skin would become so irritated that a black patch would form. but with cortaid all the blotchiness has disappeared. i use it as a spot treatment with my regimen and it works out excellent. whenever i have dry or irritated red skin i dab it on, or whenever i have a people. i have tried everything: proactive, obagi, clenzi derm etc. almost anything u can think off. all of these products just made my skin irritated since i have really sensitive skin.