Cortaid Hydrocortisone (1%) Cream reviews

4.3/5 - 19 reviews

Brand: Cortaid

Cortaid Brand
Hydrocortisone (1%).

Aloe Vera Gel, Benzyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Methylparaben, Mixed Fatty Acid Esters, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Purified Water.

Cortaid Hydrocortisone (1%) Cream

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Cortaid Hydrocortisone (1%) Cream

Cortisone is dangerous to your skin!
Reviewed on August 21, 2015

Stay away from using any creams, ointments, gels which include cortisone. Cortisone is unsafe to use on the skin for long term use as itcan cause a number of permanent side effects. Skin reddening, skin atrophy and skin thinning just to name a few. Look for products without cortisone if you want to protect your skin.

4 Stars for helping scars
Reviewed on May 20, 2015

in my opinion this is not a cure for acne as it works by removing a layer of ski. I know this as i use it for my eczema and it works wonders for it . I have used this on acne scars and its made them less visible and no one but my self really knows they are there.However as this is an eczema treatment it may contain liquid paraffin which can cause spots as it clogs pours. i recommend going to see your doctor about treatments and if they don't work they can refer you to a dermatologist. In my opinion antibiotics are the best for acne and this cream or any scar creams to fade acne marks/scars.

Hydrocortisone Cream is my new cure for Acne.
Reviewed on August 25, 2014

I have mild hormonal acne only around my jawline (chin and upper mouth area). I recently bought some hyrocortisone cream because I had a weird breakout on my cheek and I NEVER breakout there so I suspected it was a rash. I still don't know if they were pimples or not, but after a day of using it, the hydrocortisone cream completely eliminated them! I then thought, maybe this will work on these three big painful pimples on my chin? What do ya know? I've been using it for about 3 days now and they've reduced in size by at least half and are shrinking by the day. They are not painful anymore and one is almost completely gone. I also apply this with benzoyl peroxide 5% by Clearasil to speed up the effect but the hydrocortisone works great on its own! I also use polysporin to heal the pimples during the night.

Best for painful nodules
Reviewed on August 11, 2013

It doesn't really improve the time it takes for nodules to go away. It does make it a lot less painful though.

Reviewed on August 25, 2012

Give it a try, it's cheap and it might work wonders for you!

Reviewed on March 9, 2012

I used hydrocortisone on my cystic acne and next day it was 10 times worse, bigger horrible...please don't use it...and get a cortisone shot if that what you are looking for

Reviewed on February 3, 2012

I have hormonal cystic breakouts on my neck and jawline and I've tried everything including internal and topical medications. NOTHING worked, except getting the cysts injected, which obviously I couldn't do every day. I tried Cortaid cream first on my chest at night (for a light/minor breakout) and it was basically gone by the next morning. I tried it on my face the following night and it brought the redness and size of the cysts down hugely. Totally affordable and effective. Definitely worth a try.

I recommend putting it on at night because it is a little greasy and doesn't really work under makeup.

Reviewed on December 22, 2011

after 3 months of having painful large red cysts and trying everything else, it was the hydrocortisone that finally got rid of the cysts completely in a week's time - I was considering going to the dermatologist to have the cysts injected with cortisone but thought I'd try the topical cream first, so happy I did

Reviewed on March 23, 2011

A few months ago I was researching methods of clearing up cysts, and I read something on the Internet about using this cream to help the swelling. I picked up a tube of Walgreens' 1% hydrocortizone cream, and it has really worked for me, even on big cysts I've had.

Apply it any time, rub it in and let it sit on your face for as long as you want. I often leave it on overnight on problem areas, and (especially combined with the Tea Tree Oil from the Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick that I also use) it really helps bring blemishes come to a head quicker.

I have really sensitive skin, and after using it as a spot treatment for a few months (I wouldn't recommend using it all over your face), I haven't noticed any negative effects on my skin from using this product (like breaking out more, getting a rash, etc). I really love that about this cream, because harsh treatments like salicylic acid or BP can dry out and even burn my skin sometimes.

It's not necessarily a miracle product, but it's worked well for me. Try it and see what it does for your skin!

Reviewed on February 1, 2011

So they say when you have a cyst to go to the dermetologist for a cortisone shot. Well I can't afford this so I figured I'll just put some cortisone cream on it & see how that pans out.

I had a big ugly red cyst on my neck so I put some HC cream on it & a bandaid over it. When I woke up I didn't see much of a difference, & by nighttime it was bigger, redder, & so much more painful (but the make up I used to cover it up probably didn't help! lol)

Well anyways, I did this again that night, HC cream & covered with a bandaid, & like I said by this time it was HUGE. Well I woke up this morning & it's a freakin miracle. The swelling has gone almost completely down, isn't red anymore, & isn't painful. I am doing the HC cream again today & tonight & I'm really hopeful that this thing will be completely gone by tomorrow.

& after reading all these reviews I think I may try the HC cream on my other pimples too, I'm just a little nervous because of how greasy the cream is. But I'mma try it!