Cortaid Hydrocortisone (1%) Cream reviews

4.3/5 - 21 reviews

Brand: Cortaid

Cortaid Brand
Hydrocortisone (1%).

Aloe Vera Gel, Benzyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Methylparaben, Mixed Fatty Acid Esters, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Purified Water.

Cortaid Hydrocortisone (1%) Cream

Use cortisone liquid - not cream
Reviewed on January 23, 2017

The problem with cream is that it is greasy, which is not good for cystic acne. So in the shampoo section of the drug store look for Scalpicin. This is 1 percent cortisone in an alcohol base. (avoid generics - they use different active ingredients) Don't put this on your whole face - but it is great for individual outbreaks. What I do is pour some into a jar and let it evaporate a bit (to get a higher concentration) then use a q-tip to dab it on the cyst. Do this a few times a day. The cyst will get smaller - sometimes it has even gone completely in a day. Really good stuff

Cortisone works real well.
Reviewed on August 12, 2016

This stuff works really well along with other itch creams. It reduces the swelling and dries up the pimple. But now, I shall tell you the acne clearing GOD of all time. It is an itch cream, but for bites. It is, behold, the all and powerful, Chiggerex Plus! OMG I LOVE THIS THING. It is literally FRIGGIN AMAZING. the first time I ever used it, it didn't do anything. Second night, 3 of my scars were gone, and what was a enormous pimple, a small red dot appeared. I put this stuff on every night before I go to bed. I try to tell all my friends about it. This thing is seriously a miracle worker. And funny thing, it works for bug bites too. I really wish I could post a photo for you guys. Again, it is called Chiggerex plus, for chigger, tick and all bug bites. Fast, soothing releif. (It really does work for bites too.) GET THIS STUFF. SERIOUSLY. LIFE CHANGING. JUST DO IT.

Cortisone is dangerous to your skin!
Reviewed on August 21, 2015

Stay away from using any creams, ointments, gels which include cortisone. Cortisone is unsafe to use on the skin for long term use as itcan cause a number of permanent side effects. Skin reddening, skin atrophy and skin thinning just to name a few. Look for products without cortisone if you want to protect your skin.

4 Stars for helping scars
Reviewed on May 20, 2015

in my opinion this is not a cure for acne as it works by removing a layer of ski. I know this as i use it for my eczema and it works wonders for it . I have used this on acne scars and its made them less visible and no one but my self really knows they are there.However as this is an eczema treatment it may contain liquid paraffin which can cause spots as it clogs pours. i recommend going to see your doctor about treatments and if they don't work they can refer you to a dermatologist. In my opinion antibiotics are the best for acne and this cream or any scar creams to fade acne marks/scars.

Hydrocortisone Cream is my new cure for Acne.
Reviewed on August 25, 2014

I have mild hormonal acne only around my jawline (chin and upper mouth area). I recently bought some hyrocortisone cream because I had a weird breakout on my cheek and I NEVER breakout there so I suspected it was a rash. I still don't know if they were pimples or not, but after a day of using it, the hydrocortisone cream completely eliminated them! I then thought, maybe this will work on these three big painful pimples on my chin? What do ya know? I've been using it for about 3 days now and they've reduced in size by at least half and are shrinking by the day. They are not painful anymore and one is almost completely gone. I also apply this with benzoyl peroxide 5% by Clearasil to speed up the effect but the hydrocortisone works great on its own! I also use polysporin to heal the pimples during the night.

Best for painful nodules
Reviewed on August 11, 2013

It doesn't really improve the time it takes for nodules to go away. It does make it a lot less painful though.

Anonymous, california
Reviewed on August 25, 2012

Give it a try, it's cheap and it might work wonders for you!

Anonymous
Reviewed on March 9, 2012

I used hydrocortisone on my cystic acne and next day it was 10 times worse, bigger horrible...please don't use it...and get a cortisone shot if that what you are looking for

Reviewed on February 3, 2012

I have hormonal cystic breakouts on my neck and jawline and I've tried everything including internal and topical medications. NOTHING worked, except getting the cysts injected, which obviously I couldn't do every day. I tried Cortaid cream first on my chest at night (for a light/minor breakout) and it was basically gone by the next morning. I tried it on my face the following night and it brought the redness and size of the cysts down hugely. Totally affordable and effective. Definitely worth a try.

I recommend putting it on at night because it is a little greasy and doesn't really work under makeup.

Anonymous, Miami
Reviewed on December 22, 2011

after 3 months of having painful large red cysts and trying everything else, it was the hydrocortisone that finally got rid of the cysts completely in a week's time - I was considering going to the dermatologist to have the cysts injected with cortisone but thought I'd try the topical cream first, so happy I did