Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Face Cream

Brand: Complex 15

Most helpful review

By MtnBikeBlondie, Redondo Beach on 06/28/2010
thumbnail

I love this stuff! It completely calms my skin when it burns after the regimen. It's also very light under make-up. My boyfriend said it also helped with his razor burn..

Pros:
  • Soothes skin, doesn't cause breakouts, reduces dryness caused by regimen, contains no parabens, lanolin or mineral oil.
Cons:
  • Not available everywhere, small bottle doesn't last very long.

209 out of 351 people found this review helpful

Water, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Glycerin, Squalane, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 50 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glycol Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Carbomer, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Diazolidinyl
Urea, Lecithin, Sodium Hydroxide, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Face Cream - 2.5 oz (Pack of 3)
updated: 04/16/2014 20:45 UTC
Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Face Cream - 2.5 oz
updated: 04/16/2014 20:45 UTC

Member reviews

cheap and absorbs quickly

Pros

• no parabens no fragance and natural

Cons

• no spf and a little shiny on face
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 1.25
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Good moisturizer if you want to avoid breakouts

Pros

• Does not cause acne, very effective at moisturizing, not too shiny, unscented

Cons

• slightly shiny, makes my face have kind of a dull slightly plasticy look, burns if even a tiny bit gets washed into the eyes (e.g, when showering)
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I got this moisturizer because it had so many good reviews and I am sad that it did not work well at all for me like it did for so many others. When I first applied it, it was greasy though the greasiness did go away after a minute or so. I eventually developed even worse dry skin and I now have flakes. I didn't even have flakes before I used this moisturizer.

Since I thought this moisturizer would take some getting used to, I stuck with it until it finally ran out. My face still feels weird and dry, though Dan's jojoba oil helped me out a lot.

Pros

• None that I can think of

Cons

• It just didn't work for me
  • light
  • for about a month
  • $ 8
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I switched to this from a richer moisturizer I was using due to the drying effect of topical acne lotions and Canadian winters. That rich moisturizer was great, but was causing me to break out and left my skin shiny. C15 leaves your skin much less shiny than other moisturizers, is light and sinks in quickly. No redness or stinging, very gentle. I buy the body lotion and use it on my face as well (it's the same formulation as face cream, just in a larger bottle, more cost-effective).

Overall I really like this moisturizer because I know it'll never break me out, not irritating and leaves my skin glowy not shiny. If you like a super matte look you'll still need powder on top. For dry patches I use a richer moisturizer to spot treat rather than risk a break out by using it all over my face.

Pros

• No breakouts, no scents, no irritation, cheap.

Cons

• Not always moisturizing enough for dry patches. Sometimes need to reapply. Can be hard to find depending where you live.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've struggled with extremely oily skin my entire adult life. I'm thrilled to be oil free for the first time in years. YIPPPPPEEEE!!!!

Pros

• After many years of suffering through greasy moisturizers I've finally (at 50 years old) found a moisturizer that doesn't make my face look like an oil slick. I use Dan's BP product and this moisturizer. I'm thrilled with the results!

Cons

• I wish packaging was upright and in a pump. Screw off top is a bit of a hassle. I got htis at my local CVS Pharmacy.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It costs a bit more. It never lets me down.

Pros

• I have been using this for years. First product ever that moisturizes without creating more acne. This is a huge deal for those of us with life long acne problems.

Cons

• It doesn't seem to come with any UVA/UVB protection.
  • It does create a little shine. Small 'price' for no zits. Easily remedied with a little powder.
  • moderate
  • $ 8.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Can't live without this product..i've suffered with acne for years and have tried so many moisturizers, some very expensive ones included. My dermatologist told me about Complex 15 a few years ago and i have used it ever since. It is the only moisturizer that i can say does not cause breakouts and keeps my skin under control. Very affordable too!!!

Pros

• Does not cause acne or any breakouts, great moisturizing and gentle enough to use around eyes

Cons

• causes slight shine but other than that....Not one!!
  • moderate
  • $ 7.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It is great that it is fragrenece free and doesn't cause any breakouts but It doesn't adequately moisturize my skin even when I apply more of the product.

Pros

• Fragrance- free, doesn't cause any new breakouts

Cons

• too light
  • light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 6.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Great product!!!! It was recommended by my derm 10+ years ago and I still use it and love it!!!

Pros

• Great moisturizer, no fragrance. Goes on smooth. No oily or greesy residue like Cetaphil leaves.

Cons

• I can only find it at CVS - before that I had to have my pharmacist special order it.
  • moderate
  • $ 7.99

By on

This product would be nice if you were not using DKR, or after you have been on the regimen for a while. For beginners who will be crusting and peeling alot, I do not recommend.

Pros

• Fragrance free, non-comedogenic, goes in smooth

Cons

• Does not adequately moisturize my face
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 8.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.