Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion reviews

3.7/5 - 23 reviews

Brand: Clinique

Water, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Urea, Lanolin Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 6, Yellow 5, Red 33.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion 4.2 fl oz
updated: 08/29/2014 21:17 UTC
Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel By Clinique for Unisex, 4.2 Ounce
updated: 08/29/2014 21:17 UTC

This stuff is weird
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

Not for oily skin, or for dry skin. This is an example of department store wax marked up and sold to desperate old ladies.

LOTION vs GEL
Reviewed on September 30, 2013

I love them both. I keep a bottle of the gel and the lotion handy at all times. To me, it seems that many reviewers are either confusing the lotion with the gel, or they don't realize that they are two different products. I like to use the lotion at night and the gel in the morning because I feel that it wears a bit better under my foundation. In the winter I use strictly the lotion, and in the summer.. (you guessed it) I use only the gel. Neither are effective on extremely dry skin. They are mostly for maintainence/prevention.

Reviewed on November 2, 2012

This is a good product for people with combination/oily skin who need much added moisture. I happen to have extremely dry and easily irritated skin that is prone to breakouts from even the slightest ingredients. This product unfortunately made my face break out but i did not use it long enough to see any difference. Once i start breaking out i discontinue. Hope it works for others.

Reviewed on September 16, 2012

THIS SH*T IS BEAUTIFUL IT MAKES YOUR SKIN FEEL LIKE HEAVEN GO BUY IT NOW

Reviewed on March 20, 2012

I have very greasy skin and this is the only moisturizer I use...ever!!

Reviewed on February 23, 2012

This is good for people iwth acne because its light, definately doesnt break you out, and leaves skin soft even and supple

If your meds are giving you alot of peeling and flakiness tohugh, tihs isnt very effective.

Reviewed on February 13, 2012

I've used this moisturizer since my mother took me to Clnique to learn about makeup when I was young. It was great for years, but once I hit my 20s my skin began to change from normal to dry and I find that it doesn't reduce dryness at all. At night I use a large amount on my face in hopes I'll wake up with my dry patches gone, but they never are. I use a bit in the morning, but it makes my face extremely shiny.

After years, I've finally decided it's time to give it up. It's great if you don't have dry skin, but otherwise not too helpful.

Reviewed on February 6, 2012

It does what it's supposed to which is moisturize my face, but it makes my face too oily for me to use it in the morning. It doesn't settle on my skin fast enough I suppose. Right now i'm using it as a night lotion and searching for a morning lotion. I don't think I will repurchase because i'm sure I can find a more suitable lotion to use during the night, and I don't like using it in the mornings. I do have oily skin however. I would recommend this to dry/normal skin.

Reviewed on October 3, 2011

I use the GEL, not the Lotion

Make sure you ask the Clinique Sales Assistant for the Combination/Oily Gel - not the lotion

If the Sales Assistant doesn't know, get it online.

If you get the wrong type for your skin you can break out. For eg, if you get a sample of the Clinique Type 2 Lotion for Mild Skin (they break their formulas up to skin types - if you have acne it's likely you are either a 3 (combination) or a 4 (oily)) you could break out badly as the formula is designed for drier mild sensitive skin types

All in all I love this product. It smells nice and my skin drinks it up leaving it really moisturised, but not oily and shiny. Recommend usage if you use the Clinique 3 Step as the whole system is designed to be used in conjunction with each other.

Reviewed on August 22, 2011

It just wasn't moisturizing enough for my skin. I am never bothered by the price if the product works well for my skin. But this product simply didn't work for me, it didn't do anything for my dry patches.