Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel reviews

3.7/5 - 13 reviews

Brand: Clinique

Water Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Lactobacillus Ferment, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Pentylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel with Pump 4.2oz / 125ml
updated: 08/29/2014 06:45 UTC
Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel By Clinique for Unisex, 4.2 Ounce
updated: 08/29/2014 06:45 UTC

Very light
Reviewed on February 28, 2014

I heard so many good things about this so I wanted to try it out. I wanted a light moisturizer that would not break me out. This did just that. It doesn't have a strong smell to it and it's pretty light. There's a gel and lotion version. The gel one, which is the one listed above is best for oily skin. Some people say it doesn't moisturize their face, but that's only because they picked the wrong one.

Good for oily skin
Reviewed on January 25, 2014

I have used this quite a few times and it is a nice formula and gets rid of that "fresh out the shower" tight feeling, however I have quite dry skin (post accutane) so this isn't moisturising enough to stop flakes etc.

I think this will be my saviour in the summer where I usually get really oily. I still use this most days over the top of my normal lush moisturiser as it stops me getting oily in the day (due to the silicone content).

Definitely suited to oily skin if you only have minor skin dehydration.

GEL vs LOTION
Reviewed on September 30, 2013

I love them both. I keep a bottle of the gel and the lotion handy at all times. To me, it seems that many reviewers are either confusing the lotion with the gel, or they don't realize that they are two different products. I like to use the lotion at night and the gel in the morning because I feel that it wears a bit better under my foundation. In the winter I use strictly the lotion, and in the summer.. (you guessed it) I use only the gel. Neither are effective on extremely dry skin. They are mostly for maintainence/prevention. If you are experiencing dryness from a BP regimen, this gel will not help you. Perhaps try the lotion version instead.

Reviewed on May 18, 2013

I was so excited to try this because a lot of others had tried and loved it but I just feel like it doesn't moisturize at all.

I use two pumps of this everyday and I feel like its getting used up so quickly.

Reviewed on December 22, 2012

Has a light formula and feels nice on the skin, quite moisturizing. Though I would not recommend this because of the pore clogging ingredients it has (you can research it's ingredients yourself if you want to). It's better to choose a non-comedogenic moisturizer.

Reviewed on October 29, 2012

This is the only facial moisturizer that doesn't break me out! Believe me, I've tried them all. This gel actually helps with my breakouts. It's anti-inflammatory on my skin. It wears wonderfully over the acne.org benzoyl peroxide treatment. I don't have to worry about it balling up or leaving streaks. It does help with the dryness and flakes, but I also use the acne.org AHA+ and the Clarisonic brush for exfoliation. This gel lightly moisturizes and leaves my skin soft and smooth. Moisturizers with sunscreen tend to make my face oily and break me out, so I appreciate that this product doesn't have SPF in it.

Everyone's skin is different, but if you have combination or oily skin, I definitely recommend this. I'm not a big fan of Clinique products, but this gel is great for my oily, acne-prone skin. I hope it works for you as well.

Reviewed on October 10, 2012

I love that it has no fragrance and is so light. It stays comfortable all day long. Some can be so heavy! I have been using this for 2-3 years!

Reviewed on February 25, 2012

As winter started coming along my skin began getting drier, so I decided to try this out. I bought the small tube size (because the regular sized bottle pretty expensive). After a few days of trying this out, I noticed more and more pimples on my face, including the really painful ones :( but my skin felt so moisturized I kept using it hoping the break out was just caused by something else. I continued to break out so I stopped using this moisturizer and switched to Clean & Clear advantage acne control moisturizer. My skin has improved since then, however the clean and clear moisturizer isn't as moisturizing i'd like it to be.

Reviewed on February 12, 2012

i wont be buying this ever again.