Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup reviews

3.7/5 - 48 reviews

Brand: Clinique

Salicylic Acid 0.5%.

Methyl Trimethicone, Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Nylon-12, Butylene Glycol, Talc, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Calcium Stearate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caffeine, Glycerin, Hydroxyapatite, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Quaternium-90, Bentonite, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Sodium Chloride, Tromethamine, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

Clinique Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup - fresh ivory
Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup - Fresh Alabaster, 1 oz
Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup Fresh Neutral
Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup - # 02 Fresh Ivory - 30ml/1oz

Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

Doesn't help, but doesn't hurt
Reviewed on August 24, 2015

This is my everyday makeup simply because it does not break me out more. I have been using it for a few years, and through clear skin and bad breakouts, my skin does not look any worse or better whether I wear it or not. Unlike most of the other users, I actually have had good results with blending this makeup. I think with the right brush and the right person behind the the counter helping you pick a color you really can get a great color and coverage. I do suggest that you blend the foundation down onto your neck so that you don't get any weird lines and that you put a powder foundation over your face AND chest to further your blend, but that is up to you. All in all, this has been a great foundation for helping me feel more confident in my own skin. But as I stated previously, this is not a treatment, it will not help your acne at all.

Good for acne prone skin
Reviewed on June 22, 2015

This stuff is pricey, but I think it is worth it. While it isn't going to clear up your acne forever, it will not make it worse either. I bought this at least 3 times over and really enjoyed using it, although I did find that I used it up quickly. Good coverage and kept me matte longer than other foundations, although I did find the colour range a bit off. It didn't irritate my skin and definitely helped fight my spots while I was wearing make up.

Hmmm
Reviewed on May 17, 2015

Prior to acne, I always wore a lighter coverage clinique foundation. I switched to this after my massive hormonal breakouts when Accutane failed. As others have stated, it does not blend well, however, it does work well to hide my redness. I will continue to use it for a bit just to see...

Doesn't help with acne
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

If you are thinking of buying this because of its acne-fighting ingredient, you'll be disappointed - it does nothing. As a foundation, it's just as good as drugstore products or might even be a little worse because of its colour. It has medium to light coverage and doesn't blend in well. For $33, it ain't worth it.

My back-up foundation.
Reviewed on March 2, 2015

I have dry, sensitive skin and it has never caused my breakouts to get worse.

This is more of a light/medium coverage foundation that works for when I just feel like covering some particularly bad spots. The color is probably the worst thing about this foundation, it's fine when I first apply but after a few hours it seems to get darker (more orange in my case). I've never had trouble blending it but definitely not a creamy foundation.

Shouldn't be used as treatment (why would you do that??).

Overall just a meh foundation. You're better off trying to find a drugstore foundation that you love.

Don't cause yourself the anxiety and depression of further breakouts
Reviewed on November 17, 2014

After reading so many positive reviews and being adviced that this foundation was exactly what I was looking for ; high coverage or acne scarring whilst not causing further breakouts (which every liquid foundation seems to cause me).

Well this took it to a new level after two days I have been left with seven of the most angry aggressive spots you could imagin aswell as ruined skin with spots that are likley to leave red marks for months the product also ruined my make brushes. I was sure to cleanse my face properly with my usual routine after wearing this and by half way through the second day I could feel a couple of spots coming up through the skin and didn't use the product for that third day, this didn't help. Also without the major breakout the foundation isnt great:

1. IT CAUSES UNREAL BREAKOUTS

2. It does not blend well

3. Coverage is not buildable as it is very cakey

4. It doesn't blend at the hair line

5. Drys very quickly

5. It darkens in colour during the day

6. YOU WILL RUIN YOUR MAKE UP BRUSHES WITH THIS PRODUCT

I had to give this 1 start but if I could I would have opted for -10.

PLEASE DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU TEND TO BREAKOUT!!!

good but not for drier skin
Reviewed on October 8, 2014

I bought this from Debenhams a few months ago, I paid under £20 for it which I feel reasonable as I normally pay around this amount for foundation. The MUA matched my skin color really well so it looks very natural which is good & it comes in a variety of colors for every skin tone.

The foundation works well to hide & conceal redness of the skin & does hide spots and blemishes well too.

I would advise to use a proper skincare routine & not rely solely on this blemish treatment foundation.

The only problem I have with this foundation is that its finish is very matte, it dried my skin quite a lot so I feel it is not suited for normal/dry skin. More suited for oily skin!

The MUA in the shop recommend I pair it with a highlighter such as benefit high beam but I feel it doesn't make much difference.

I still continue to use this product as the benefits outweigh the cons.

A good tip is to apply lots of moisturizer when using to relive dryness

The only foundation I will use
Reviewed on September 21, 2014

Although I do not think this is something that should be used as a treatment for acne, I believe it is something that should be used in combination with your skin clearing routine if you want to wear makeup. It won't cause breakouts, it's gentle, and it soothes irritated skin throughout the day. When I have this on, I feel like I'm fighting my acne all day and preventing anything new from forming under my skin.

I apply with a foundation brush on top of my moisturizer and then use skin-clearing pressed powder, followed by finishing powder. If I do have a problem zit, this does a decent job providing coverage. When I'm using Clinique, I know that I am not putting anything on my skin that is harsh or will clog my pores. I have been using this for months and have nothing negative to say about it. I wear a decent amount of makeup and have sensitive skin - but because I use Clinique, my skin does not break out.

The only downside is that it's a little expensive, so I try to be as conservative as possible when I apply it.

clogged pores and broke me out
Reviewed on September 2, 2014

honestly i had high hopes for this concealer but i found the color to be very orange and yellow for the lightest shade and it broke me out horrible every time i wore this id take my make up off and have brand new pimples all over my face

Great for oily skin only!
Reviewed on August 1, 2014

Best foundation for oily skin it does control the oil very well

It help to improve my skin it works amazing for my acne prone skin

My only problem with this product is if you have a dry flakes or normal skin/not that oily you gonna hate it

It dried out my skin so bad