Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup reviews

3.7/5 - 52 reviews

Brand: Clinique

Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Methyl Trimethicone, Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Nylon-12, Butylene Glycol, Talc, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Calcium Stearate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caffeine, Glycerin, Hydroxyapatite, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Quaternium-90, Bentonite, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Sodium Chloride, Tromethamine, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

Clinique Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup - fresh ivory
Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup - Fresh Alabaster, 1 oz
Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup Fresh Neutral
Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup - # 02 Fresh Ivory - 30ml/1oz

long time fave
Reviewed on March 24, 2016

this product has a natural finish and will NEVER look cakey like most foundations, although with this comes the medium coverage, which is fine because thats what concealer is for! The only downside is I am horrendously pale and even the lightest shade will oxidize to look very unnatural if i don't blend down my neck. I use a beauty blender for application and have never had a problem with it in the 2+ years i have been using it!!

Average
Reviewed on February 23, 2016

Lightest shade was too pink for my skin, didn't stay on all day and was pretty weak coverage. Pretty overpriced.

its ok
Reviewed on January 26, 2016

its ok but difficult to blend and its abit expensive

great for acne skin
Reviewed on January 7, 2016

this make up is a great make up for acne skin also smell great no harsh smell , ONE down side about the product is the size of the bottle for the price you pay ( light to medium coverage ) tip get a good beauty blender to help even the foundation

Doesn't help, but doesn't hurt
Reviewed on August 24, 2015

This is my everyday makeup simply because it does not break me out more. I have been using it for a few years, and through clear skin and bad breakouts, my skin does not look any worse or better whether I wear it or not. Unlike most of the other users, I actually have had good results with blending this makeup. I think with the right brush and the right person behind the the counter helping you pick a color you really can get a great color and coverage. I do suggest that you blend the foundation down onto your neck so that you don't get any weird lines and that you put a powder foundation over your face AND chest to further your blend, but that is up to you. All in all, this has been a great foundation for helping me feel more confident in my own skin. But as I stated previously, this is not a treatment, it will not help your acne at all.

Good for acne prone skin
Reviewed on June 22, 2015

This stuff is pricey, but I think it is worth it. While it isn't going to clear up your acne forever, it will not make it worse either. I bought this at least 3 times over and really enjoyed using it, although I did find that I used it up quickly. Good coverage and kept me matte longer than other foundations, although I did find the colour range a bit off. It didn't irritate my skin and definitely helped fight my spots while I was wearing make up.

Hmmm
Reviewed on May 17, 2015

Prior to acne, I always wore a lighter coverage clinique foundation. I switched to this after my massive hormonal breakouts when Accutane failed. As others have stated, it does not blend well, however, it does work well to hide my redness. I will continue to use it for a bit just to see...

by Heather Lou on 04/07/2016 17:40
Hey I am considering doing accutane and have already started the process, do you think it is worth trying? I have heard both really good and really bad outcomes and do not want to make my skin worse as I am now only getting about one cystic pimple a week, yet I am 21 and would like to just be done with it forever.
Doesn't help with acne
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

If you are thinking of buying this because of its acne-fighting ingredient, you'll be disappointed - it does nothing. As a foundation, it's just as good as drugstore products or might even be a little worse because of its colour. It has medium to light coverage and doesn't blend in well. For $33, it ain't worth it.

My back-up foundation.
Reviewed on March 2, 2015

I have dry, sensitive skin and it has never caused my breakouts to get worse.

This is more of a light/medium coverage foundation that works for when I just feel like covering some particularly bad spots. The color is probably the worst thing about this foundation, it's fine when I first apply but after a few hours it seems to get darker (more orange in my case). I've never had trouble blending it but definitely not a creamy foundation.

Shouldn't be used as treatment (why would you do that??).

Overall just a meh foundation. You're better off trying to find a drugstore foundation that you love.

Don't cause yourself the anxiety and depression of further breakouts
Reviewed on November 17, 2014

After reading so many positive reviews and being adviced that this foundation was exactly what I was looking for ; high coverage or acne scarring whilst not causing further breakouts (which every liquid foundation seems to cause me).

Well this took it to a new level after two days I have been left with seven of the most angry aggressive spots you could imagin aswell as ruined skin with spots that are likley to leave red marks for months the product also ruined my make brushes. I was sure to cleanse my face properly with my usual routine after wearing this and by half way through the second day I could feel a couple of spots coming up through the skin and didn't use the product for that third day, this didn't help. Also without the major breakout the foundation isnt great:

1. IT CAUSES UNREAL BREAKOUTS

2. It does not blend well

3. Coverage is not buildable as it is very cakey

4. It doesn't blend at the hair line

5. Drys very quickly

5. It darkens in colour during the day

6. YOU WILL RUIN YOUR MAKE UP BRUSHES WITH THIS PRODUCT

I had to give this 1 start but if I could I would have opted for -10.

PLEASE DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU TEND TO BREAKOUT!!!