Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup reviews

3.8/5 - 43 reviews

Brand: Clinique

Salicylic Acid 0.5%.

Methyl Trimethicone, Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Nylon-12, Butylene Glycol, Talc, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Calcium Stearate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caffeine, Glycerin, Hydroxyapatite, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Quaternium-90, Bentonite, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Sodium Chloride, Tromethamine, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

Clinique Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup - fresh ivory
Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup - Fresh Alabaster, 1 oz
Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup Fresh Neutral
Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup - # 02 Fresh Ivory - 30ml/1oz
updated: 12/19/2014 15:34 UTC

Don't cause yourself the anxiety and depression of further breakouts
Reviewed on November 17, 2014

After reading so many positive reviews and being adviced that this foundation was exactly what I was looking for ; high coverage or acne scarring whilst not causing further breakouts (which every liquid foundation seems to cause me).

Well this took it to a new level after two days I have been left with seven of the most angry aggressive spots you could imagin aswell as ruined skin with spots that are likley to leave red marks for months the product also ruined my make brushes. I was sure to cleanse my face properly with my usual routine after wearing this and by half way through the second day I could feel a couple of spots coming up through the skin and didn't use the product for that third day, this didn't help. Also without the major breakout the foundation isnt great:

1. IT CAUSES UNREAL BREAKOUTS

2. It does not blend well

3. Coverage is not buildable as it is very cakey

4. It doesn't blend at the hair line

5. Drys very quickly

5. It darkens in colour during the day

6. YOU WILL RUIN YOUR MAKE UP BRUSHES WITH THIS PRODUCT

I had to give this 1 start but if I could I would have opted for -10.

PLEASE DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU TEND TO BREAKOUT!!!

good but not for drier skin
Reviewed on October 8, 2014

I bought this from Debenhams a few months ago, I paid under £20 for it which I feel reasonable as I normally pay around this amount for foundation. The MUA matched my skin color really well so it looks very natural which is good & it comes in a variety of colors for every skin tone.

The foundation works well to hide & conceal redness of the skin & does hide spots and blemishes well too.

I would advise to use a proper skincare routine & not rely solely on this blemish treatment foundation.

The only problem I have with this foundation is that its finish is very matte, it dried my skin quite a lot so I feel it is not suited for normal/dry skin. More suited for oily skin!

The MUA in the shop recommend I pair it with a highlighter such as benefit high beam but I feel it doesn't make much difference.

I still continue to use this product as the benefits outweigh the cons.

A good tip is to apply lots of moisturizer when using to relive dryness

The only foundation I will use
Reviewed on September 21, 2014

Although I do not think this is something that should be used as a treatment for acne, I believe it is something that should be used in combination with your skin clearing routine if you want to wear makeup. It won't cause breakouts, it's gentle, and it soothes irritated skin throughout the day. When I have this on, I feel like I'm fighting my acne all day and preventing anything new from forming under my skin.

I apply with a foundation brush on top of my moisturizer and then use skin-clearing pressed powder, followed by finishing powder. If I do have a problem zit, this does a decent job providing coverage. When I'm using Clinique, I know that I am not putting anything on my skin that is harsh or will clog my pores. I have been using this for months and have nothing negative to say about it. I wear a decent amount of makeup and have sensitive skin - but because I use Clinique, my skin does not break out.

The only downside is that it's a little expensive, so I try to be as conservative as possible when I apply it.

clogged pores and broke me out
Reviewed on September 2, 2014

honestly i had high hopes for this concealer but i found the color to be very orange and yellow for the lightest shade and it broke me out horrible every time i wore this id take my make up off and have brand new pimples all over my face

Great for oily skin only!
Reviewed on August 1, 2014

Best foundation for oily skin it does control the oil very well

It help to improve my skin it works amazing for my acne prone skin

My only problem with this product is if you have a dry flakes or normal skin/not that oily you gonna hate it

It dried out my skin so bad

If you want a "skin clearing" foundation this is it
Reviewed on June 29, 2014

I don't think this actually cleared my skin any, or at all for that matter, but it's an "acne" foundation, so if finding that word somewhere on the package is detrimental to you then this is your foundation. I'm a medium skin tone and I have heard complaints from the fairer skin tones, but that seems to be an issue across the board with foundations, so don't get discouraged. I don't use this foundation anymore because I don't think it's extraordinary and I don't want to pay for brand or the fact that it's an "acne solution". It does have great coverage and has great staying power. That being said if you have drier skin you'll need to make sure you're wearing an adequate moisturizer and if you're oily, baby you already know you're face is gonna be oily in four hours regardless of what foundation you wear, so pack the powder. I do like this and I think it's good, but I think there drugstore foundations that are just as good at half the price they just don't have "acne" on them.

Favourite foundation so far
Reviewed on April 25, 2014

I usually wear a BB cream but I wear foundation when I go out. This feels light on my skin and doesn't worsen my acne. Along with a finishing powder, my face is able to stay (fairly) matte all day. Only complaint I have is that my skin is fairly dark with a yellow undertone, so there's not many to choose from in the color range. I use Fresh Beige but there is still a fairly noticeable difference between the foundation color and my skin color.

Foundation that does NOT break you out
Reviewed on December 11, 2013

Just to be clear before I go into this product's imperfections (which some other reviewers have also stated) this is a GREAT foundation for acne-prone skin. I am a 40+ year old woman who has had various levels of acne for about 20 years. So believe me I have tried a lot of foundations - liquid, powder, combinations, etc - and regardless of how I feel about their other attributes, nearly everything breaks out my sensitive, very acne prone skin. This is a foundation that does not. So that alone makes it worth recommending. Many makeups say they are non-comedegenic or for sensitive or acne skin or whatever. But this one actually does NOT break me out. So, I recommend giving it a try if you are looking for a moderate coverage foundation.

Be aware that this does contain salcylic acid, so you may not want to use this at the same time you have a BP product on your face, and be aware if you are particularly sensitive to SA.

That said, here are the drawbacks: It is a little hard to work with as a foundation. I find it best to either apply a moisturizer or SPF before hand to kind of prime my skin, and/or apply with my fingers by having my fingers a little damp and trying to apply this quickly. Works well as a concealer though, if you want to use it that way. My skin feels both a little oily later in the day (so not exactly a major oil controller) but the SA over time can also cause skin to flake a little like it's too dry.

Reviewed on May 20, 2013

I have used this product for 2 years and I have oily skin. At first, I was in love. It controlled my oil, covered my acne, and did reduce my breakouts. I used it with the Clinique foundation brush (highly recommend) and washed it daily with the brush cleaner, which might have been the cause of the improvement in breakouts. I used the foundation also as a concealer on my pimples and it stuck to my pimples much better than other foundations or concealers. I tried the Acne Solutions concealer but it was SO overly drying it was useless - a waste of money. After a few months with the foundation I found that it was so oil controlling that my skin appeared to age and become tighter so that when I smiled I had lots of fine lines. I am 31 and looking back at pictures over the last few years I do feel like I've aged more quickly. When I use it, I never need a powder to control shine. My blush and bronzer settle into my fine lines. I also notice that while I have fewer actual pimples, I have a lot more bumps. Instead of the pus turning into a zit, it will become harder and dried and just stay as a bump without getting red. I'd have to use a pimple tool to remove the hard pus, which I know sounds gross and leads to scarring if not careful, but in sunlight the bumps are visible and still indicative of acne even though you can't see the red. Recently, I tried Clinique's other foundation products to try to alternate in an attempt to get some of the fine lines to go away with a less drying foundation. However, none of them cover the way I need them to and I have gone back to the Acne Solutions for the days in which I really need to look good.

Reviewed on March 27, 2013

It's good but you could probably find something with a better feeling and less orangish tint