Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System reviews

3.6/5 - 531 reviews

Brand: Clinique

Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam:
Salicylic acid (2%).

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sucrose, disodium phosphate, arginine cocoate, laminaria saccharina extract, cola nitida (kola) seed extract, caffeine, algae extract, mentha piperita (peppermint), sea whip extract, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, sodium hyaluronate, ppg-6 decyltetradeceth-30, lactobacillus ferment, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, longifolene, acetyl glucosamine, capryloyl glycine, perilla aldehyde, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, polyquaternium-7, beta-caryophyllene, phospholipids, sodium stearate, sodium salicylate, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, chloroxylenol

Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:
Active ingredient:
Salicylic acid (1.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, alcohol denat., nylon-12, butylene glycol, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), laminaria saccharina extract, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, acetyl glucosamine, sorbitol, sea whip extract, barium sulfate, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, silica, disodiom edta, benzalkonium chloride

Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free:
Active ingredient:
Benzoyl peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, ceteareth-20, dimethicone, sucrose, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, acetyl glucosamine, lactobacillus ferment, poria cocos sclerotium extract, laminaria saccharina extract, polymethyl methacrylate, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, saccharomyces lysate extract, astrocaryum murumuru butter, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, myristyl alcohol, glycerin, zeolite, algae extract, linoleic acid, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, caffeine, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, longifolene, polysorbate 80, sodium hyaluronate, beta-caryophyllene, propylene glycol dicaprate, capryloyl glycine, quaternium-22, mentha piperita (peppermine), perilla aldehyde, perilla aldehyde, caprylyl glycol, isohexadecane, xanthum gum, disodium edta, chloroxylenol, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide.

not worth the price
Reviewed on January 27, 2016

it worked for me abit in the beginning after that there were nothing and my skin start to peel and its quite expensive

Need help
Reviewed on December 2, 2015

I just bought this product and I used it only for 4 days and my skin started to peel and my face kinda red is that ok?

Cystic Acne after 2 days of use
Reviewed on August 26, 2015

So dissatisfied with my experience with Clinique! I bought the 3 step acne control kit for $34 and 2 days after using the acne solutions product I started getting cystic acne all over my face and jaw line. I returned my purchase through UPS and cost me $13 to return it!!! What a waste of money. I would never recommend Clinique to anyone. The least they could do was make returns free.

Expensive, Only One of 3 Products is Effective
Reviewed on February 5, 2015

I used this system for 3-4 years before I found something better. To me, it does a great job of getting my skin back on track after a breakout, but it doesn't do much for skin in the long term.

The Salicylic Acid in the foam cleanser and toner is ineffective; both products have a pH too high for the Salicylic Acid to do its job and the toner is full of alcohol, something that will NOT help your skin at all. The only acne medication you get from this system is coming from the treatment in the form of 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. The treatment is pretty good, but shouldn't be applied to areas without acne as it can be drying, so it's name of 'Clearing Moisturizer' or 'All-Over Clearing Treatment' isn't very accurate! You probably need another moisturizer when using this system, and they don't supply you with it.

I found when using the cleanser twice a day, I went through a full-sized bottle in about 6 weeks. A big bottle of toner lasted me about 4-5 months on average, and a full sized tube of the treatment lasted me between a month and 6 weeks. Basically, this system requires a lot of repurchasing, and it ends up being costly.

The only product from this system I would recommend purchasing is the Clearing Moisturizer, it's a pretty good Benzoyl Peroxide lotion, it just shouldn't be marketed as an all-over moisturizer.

This product isn't great.
Reviewed on February 1, 2015

This product worked for 3 months then the breakouts came back. I don't reccommend this for a long term solution. Not worth it.

Not worth the price
Reviewed on January 29, 2015

I asked for this for Christmas since I could not originally afford the $70+ system. It did clear up some of my acne, but I have used drugstore one-product brands that worked better. For the price paid, I would not buy again. Also, it is very drying in the winter time so I had to buy a better working moisturizer than what came with the system.

its ok
Reviewed on January 4, 2015

didn't work for me, while on this i got extreme dry skin and i broke out, but i only been on it for a couples of wks and got off it. Kinda my fault for not stayin with it,

Brilliant well worth the expense- but drying in the long term
Reviewed on January 1, 2015

this is the only over the counter skincare system that has ever actually worked! It's totally different to everything else out there, & you can feel it working from the first use. It started too dramatically clear my severe and persistent acne within a week, and I was 90% clear within a month and a half.

It's only downsides are that once my skin was cleared and I still kept using it as maintenance, it really dried out my skin and made it very red. So I'd recommend just using it once a week once you get to that point as a maintenance thing.

There's also the cost point. It's about €78 for the whole system (and you need the whole system) so that's a bit inaccessible for many, but I assure you, it's the best money I ever spent, and wished I'd tried it years ago.

LOVE LOVE LOVE
Reviewed on December 30, 2014

I have been on the Clinique 3 step treatment since July 2013. All I can say is the cleanser and toner is absolutely amazing but the moisturiser treatment is really a disappointment. It made my skin more oily and worse. I stopped using that after two weeks and started using the dramatically different moisturising gel. It works perfectly and helped clear my acne in a week. Its made my skin better. I don't really have breakouts anymore only one or to on my chin area monthly. I honestly have never been so happy with a product. I recommend this product ( as well as the dramatically different moisturising gel ) to anyone suffering from acne.

THANK YOU CLINIQUE!

Don't bother...
Reviewed on November 19, 2014

The gel from my dermatologist causes some flaking and I am looking for something to help gently exfoliate. After explaining my concerns, the sales rep highly recommended this product... Not only does it contain alcohol when I requested alcohol free, it wrecked my skin. My acne flared up worse than it has been in months and deepened red marks that were faded. If that weren't bad enough it burned my face so much it was difficult to cover with MAKEUP. I was so annoyed, I returned the kit. The skin care specialist that assisted with some samples was surprised anything by Clinique was suggested to me. Save your money.