Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System reviews

3.6/5 - 456 reviews

Brand: Clinique

Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam:
Salicylic acid 2%.

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sucrose, disodium phosphate, arginine cocoate, laminaria saccharina extract, cola nitida (kola) seed extract, caffeine, algae extract, mentha piperita (peppermint), sea whip extract, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, sodium hyaluronate, ppg-6 decyltetradeceth-30, lactobacillus ferment, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, longifolene, acetyl glucosamine, capryloyl glycine, perilla aldehyde, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, polyquaternium-7, beta-caryophyllene, phospholipids, sodium stearate, sodium salicylate, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, chloroxylenol

Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:
active ingredient:
Salicylic acid 1.5%.

Inactive ingredients:
Water, alcohol denat., nylon-12, butylene glycol, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), laminaria saccharina extract, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, acetyl glucosamine, sorbitol, sea whip extract, barium sulfate, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, silica, disodiom edta, benzalkonium chloride

Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free:
Active ingredient:
Benzoyl peroxide 2.5%;.

Inactive ingredients:
Water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, ceteareth-20, dimethicone, sucrose, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, acetyl glucosamine, lactobacillus ferment, poria cocos sclerotium extract, laminaria saccharina extract, polymethyl methacrylate, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, saccharomyces lysate extract, astrocaryum murumuru butter, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, myristyl alcohol, glycerin, zeolite, algae extract, linoleic acid, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, caffeine, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, longifolene, polysorbate 80, sodium hyaluronate, beta-caryophyllene, propylene glycol dicaprate, capryloyl glycine, quaternium-22, mentha piperita (peppermine), perilla aldehyde, perilla aldehyde, caprylyl glycol, isohexadecane, xanthum gum, disodium edta, chloroxylenol, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide.

Clinique Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System All Skin Types System Starter Kit
updated: 10/21/2014 03:56 UTC
Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin Starter Kit Cleansing Foam + Clarifying Lotion + Clearing Moisturizer 3 pc set Cleansing Foam + Clarifying Lotion + Clearing Moisturizer Oil Free
updated: 10/21/2014 03:56 UTC

I AM SO HAPPY
Reviewed on October 3, 2014

My acne was out of control , I had big huge lumps all over my face and neck, I would cry when I would take off my makeup. I tried every acne soap , treatment , oral medication, prescription, dermatologists , and nothing seemed to work . A coworker told me about this product , I really didn't think it would work , i had lost hope. In 2 days I saw such a big difference ! I am now almost done with the treatment and I have no acne , I get one or two pimples that go away in a day or two . Clinique gave me back my confidence.

Not so good for my skin.
Reviewed on May 16, 2014

This "acne solution" from Clinique has deteriorated my acne 100%. I used to have like 3 or 4 pimples per week but when i started to use this i started to have more and more pimples, like 12 or 14 per week and the moisturizer left my skin more oily than ever! The only good thing about this system is the Clarifying lotion (i used for men), it left my skin soft and calm after the shave. But i will never buy this again, is pure marketing and is a little expensive.

If you're lucky, it might work for you.
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

My friend also has acne and recommended me the Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System. I have oily skin and moderate/severe acne. The person at the counter also said that this kit is great and that just in case it didn't work then I can just get the $36 trial set. I should've been turned off by the price but I was just so excited by the idea that this might finally put a stop to my acne that I bought it without thinking. I used it for 1 1/2 months until I finished it and it ultimately made little difference, maybe broke me out a wee bit. If you're lucky it might work for you. Up to you whether you want to risk $36 because I sure as heck wish I didn't.

Ouch!
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

If your a teen and have bad acne, this stuff is NOT for you! When I used this product, all I can say is one word ouch! The cleanser kind of burned, the toner made my eyes swollen and my nose too and my skin burn because it is made of alcohol. And the lotion is oil based, totally AWFUL for breakouts and acne. I hated this product it din't help the acne at all or feel good or refreshing to use! Would NEVER reccomend this product, to anyone!!! EVER! If you are comparing this to Murad or Rodan and Fields check out my other reviews (THIS STUFF IS MAGIC and POST OF SHAME)! Hope this review was helpful!

Made acne 10times worse!
Reviewed on August 3, 2014

I used this product about 3 or so months ago. I had high hopes, thinking you get what you pay for so this must be good. I got the trail kit and was so excited to get home and try it. After the first day of use I didn't notice much except that my skin dried out a bit.. By day 3 my skin was so dry and I had developed cystic acne all over my cheeks and chin! It was way worse than when I began! And not only that but my skin was soo dry and raw! Makeup made it look worse, I didn't want to go to work because my face was so bad. So my advice is save your money and don't waste your time on this product.. I am still recovering from it.

by Nivineh13 on 10/03/2014 20:09
Hey i have the same exact situation right now! I used to have mild acne and now i have cystic acne all over my cheeks and its my first time ever i get cystic acne! Where you able to get rid of your cystic acne after using this? If yes please tell me how :/
by Nivineh13 on 10/03/2014 20:09
by Jennilcee on 10/09/2014 07:17
Hey Nivineh13. I am actually pretty clear now. I get like 1 or 2 pimples here and there from time to time. But I have been using coconut oil. And it has done wonders for my skin! I use it morning and night . At night I take off my makeup with makeup wipes and then I put the coconut oil on my face. I leave it for 5-10 mins. Then wash it off with a gentle cleaner. I make sure I wash it off and don't use it as a moisturizer .. I find when I leave it on overnight it tends to clog my pores. I get my coconut oil from natural grocers and it is the unsented kind made for the skin. I also use witch hazel as a toner . And then I use a gentle moisturizer . I have been addicted to yes to tomatoes clarifying moisturizer, it comes in a red bottle, I don't use the one that has acne medication in it. This combo has saved my skin! I think being nice to your skin is key. Oh yeah and I use BP as spot treatment .. I hope this helps and good luck with your skin:)
Do not use this product if you have Acne.
Reviewed on August 2, 2014

I purchased the large 3 step products and the clay mask. I had finally got my acne looking better after my holiday and not wearing make up for 4 weeks. After one week of using these products my skin is the worst its been in months! I am so upset. I have breakouts all over my chin, raised lumps all over my forhead and cystic acne all up my cheeks. My skin is more oily than before i started this. Absolutely gutted as they recommend this for me. I have stopped the range bit know that it will now take a long time to get my skin back to normal! Very unhappy!

?????????
Reviewed on July 30, 2014

The first time I tried this was when I was in LA three years ago (it included a spot gel at the time). It worked wonders within about a week, and I continued using it once I got back to the UK. However, it seemed to stop working over the next few weeks and my acne was coming back and getting progressively worse, so I stopped using the set and moved on to the next product (you guys know how it is).

I went through loads of different products with varying success, but then earlier this year, I decided I needed something a bit stronger- so I went to my local Clinique counter and got the set again along with the dark spot corrector. I was sure it would work this time. I couldn't have been more wrong because it aggravated my acne to the extent that it has gotten worse than it has been in ages and is now really getting me down (and to be honest, it never really got me down before, no matter how bad it was).

I don't know if the products work better in sunny LA weather, or if the UK formula is a bit off, but whichever way, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS.

by AJ8686 on 08/02/2014 08:34
Hi, I have had the same reaction after using this product for one week. Im so upset. It has made it 10 times worse within a week
HORRIBLE!!!!!!
Reviewed on July 2, 2014

Do not put this on your skin!!! Is so strong and is just gonna make your acne worse!!

When I was looking for a cure for acne I always wanted the strongest product as possible because i thought that would speed the process and get my acne cure quicker and that is why i bought this product, what a disappointment!!! It makes your skin red and makes your acne 100% worse!! The only decent product on this is the moisturizers but nothing special specially for the price!

amazing!!!
Reviewed on June 2, 2014

I have tried a lot of treatments right from laser treatment to pills and have spent thousands on trying many products but these products have worked wonders for me! It takes a while to work and you have to be patient as it can dry your skin out but it works! The products are expensive but 100% worth it!

Clarifying lotion only!
Reviewed on May 12, 2014

***I do not use the whole system, only step 2 which is the Acne Solutions Clarifying lotion*** My experience with this system has been quite interesting. About two years ago, I worked for Clinique and had been a sufferer of persistent, mild acne and even if I didn't break out much I had crappy skin overall, bad texture etc. so naturally, I began to use the Clinique Acne Solutions line. At first, I tried using all three steps but that didn't work because my skin curses benzoyl peroxide like the devil. The step 3 moisturizer has benzoyl in it. I decided to use just the foaming cleanser and clarifying lotion and I used the dramatically different moisturizing gel. My skin improved and the system worked for me and I had spurts of great skin. Last summer, I started to work at Sephora and strayed from the system, being lured by all the other brands. I don't know if that was the mistake, or what happened, but my skin went downhill from there. It was never bad and the changes were very subtle, or it could be because of my job I stayed indoors a lot and did not get vitamin d (which i think plays a role in acne, honestly, research!!!) it could be that I started to where makeup a lot, mostly had a diet of fast food/junk food/mall food, or a combination of it all. I tried coming back to this clinique line and it just wasnt working for me. My skin would look fine on its own but as soon as I tried to put some make up on, my skin would be a flaky mess, especially around the mouth/lower half of my face . My skin started to get bad and I went to a derm and got put on antibiotics, used aczone gel and I asked for an old facewash I used to love called sodium sulfacetamide/sulfur and use neutrogena combination skin moisturizer (100% noncomedogenic)I cleaned up my diet, reduced dairy, gluten, sugar, tried to eat more home cooked food, drank fresh juices etc. thankfully my skin cleared up, but it still did not look how i wanted it to. the texture was just meh. it's like i needed some serious exfoliation. I slowly introduced the clarifying lotion ONLY to my skin a couple months ago and the rest is history. the combination of soidum sulfacetamide/sulfur/clarifying lotion/neutrogena combination skin moisturizer is my perfect skincare routine and my skin's been looking great! a little powder foundation and anyone would laugh if I said I'm a long term acne sufferer. So, don't be afraid to tweak things up and good luck! YAY for clarifying lotion!