Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System

Average price: $48.62

Brand: Clinique

Most helpful review

By Veronica, US on 01/10/2013

I am 17 and my mom got me the clinique acne system including the foaming facial cleanser, clarifying lotion, and moiturizer. I have been using it since christmas day, it made me break out SO bad for the first week- week and a half. But now it is starting to clear up. I almost wanted to stop using it but when your trying to clear acne they always say its going to get WORSE before it gets better. So i continued using it morning and night. Right now I still have some pimples on my forhead and cheeks, but my skin has a glow to it! And is SO soft. And I can slowly but surely see the acne going away. If you have this product or want to give it a try I say go for it. Everyones skin type is different, talk to the girls at the counter they will help you pick out an acne system that will work for your skin type. I definetly recomend getting the moiturizer as well because the claryfying lotion can really dry out your skin, especially if your skin is prone to dryness like mine. Its not that expensive, just think youll spend as the MOST 50$ and it will last a couple months (2-3) depending on how much you use. And it WILL work just stick to it, you probably will break out during the first week but it will get better. Just give it time. I am only on my 3rd week and my skin is still in the process of clearing up. After using my face wash and clarifying lotion my face feels SO clean. This is a little gross but when you use the clarifying lotion and you sweep the cotton ball over ur face youll see the cotton ball isnt very clean, even after using the foaming cleanser! So I don't know if ill ever feel right just washing my face, knowing its still dirty no matter how much you use or how good you clean. I talk way to much! But definetly give this system a go! Its worth your money and very easy to talk to someone at the clinique counter about your skin and she will get you what you need!.

Pros:
  • Leaves skin feeling SO clean!
  • Adds a nice clean look to our face
  • Has cleared some of my pimples
Cons:
  • cleansing lotion (liquid used on cotton ball) can burn a little

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful

Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam:
Salicylic acid 2%.

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sucrose, disodium phosphate, arginine cocoate, laminaria saccharina extract, cola nitida (kola) seed extract, caffeine, algae extract, mentha piperita (peppermint), sea whip extract, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, sodium hyaluronate, ppg-6 decyltetradeceth-30, lactobacillus ferment, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, longifolene, acetyl glucosamine, capryloyl glycine, perilla aldehyde, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, polyquaternium-7, beta-caryophyllene, phospholipids, sodium stearate, sodium salicylate, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, chloroxylenol

Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:
active ingredient:
Salicylic acid 1.5%.

Inactive ingredients:
Water, alcohol denat., nylon-12, butylene glycol, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), laminaria saccharina extract, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, acetyl glucosamine, sorbitol, sea whip extract, barium sulfate, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, silica, disodiom edta, benzalkonium chloride

Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free:
Active ingredient:
Benzoyl peroxide 2.5%;.

Inactive ingredients:
Water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, ceteareth-20, dimethicone, sucrose, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, acetyl glucosamine, lactobacillus ferment, poria cocos sclerotium extract, laminaria saccharina extract, polymethyl methacrylate, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, saccharomyces lysate extract, astrocaryum murumuru butter, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, myristyl alcohol, glycerin, zeolite, algae extract, linoleic acid, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, caffeine, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, longifolene, polysorbate 80, sodium hyaluronate, beta-caryophyllene, propylene glycol dicaprate, capryloyl glycine, quaternium-22, mentha piperita (peppermine), perilla aldehyde, perilla aldehyde, caprylyl glycol, isohexadecane, xanthum gum, disodium edta, chloroxylenol, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide.

Clinique Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System All Skin Types System Starter Kit
updated: 04/16/2014 21:38 UTC
Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin Starter Kit Cleansing Foam + Clarifying Lotion + Clearing Moisturizer 3 pc set Cleansing Foam + Clarifying Lotion + Clearing Moisturizer Oil Free
updated: 04/16/2014 21:38 UTC

Member reviews

“go for it”
By on

When I got the clinique acne solutions, the person at the counter said it was very effective, so I tried it. Before I used it, my skin was very oily and it felt un clean and randomly formed small pimples that were very hard to get rid of. When I started using it, my skin felt cleaner and it had a lot less oil, but then I started getting more pimples that appeared in places that it didnt appear in before. I was really confused why that happened, but it started clearing away my pimples and surprisingly, it made my skin less dry!!! I sometimes dont get my skin, but all people have different skin.

Pros

• makes skin clean
  • has effective ways to get rid of acne
  • makes skin really soft!!!

Cons

• smells like rubbing alcohol
  • has powder stuck at the bottom
  • only for external use and takes time to work
  • for a few weeks
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Mixed Feelings”
By on

Personally this product did partially work for me, it never completely cleared my acne but it did help a lot. The first four months my skin was way more clear than it was before using this treatment and I was so happy that something finally worked. But then I guess it just wasn'st really as effective. My acne never came back as bad as when I started using the treatment but it did get worse after those four months.

Pros

• Partially clears acne
  • Non-scented
  • Great for sensitive skin

Cons

• Doesn't come in large packaging (small bottles)
  • A bit expensive
  • for about a year
  • $ 50
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Slowly But Surely”
By on

I had recently been breaking out for quite a while on my forehead very excessively. For the longest time, I didn't understand why I was, because it was during the winter and I am prone to dry skin during that time. I later found out (with the help of this marvelous site) that it was caused by my Maybelline Dream Mousse Foundation that I have been using for a while. I felt quite stupid that it had never occurred to me that it might be my makeup. I have extremely sensitive skin, so I tend to go for the "healthy" makeup, and I guess I was not on my game with that foundation. The only other all-over skin product I used was the Clinique BB Cream (I am VERY found of Clinique) and it has always been very close to my heart. I am in love with BB creams because they are so light and less cakey. I had already began to break out with acne on my forehead before I started using the BB cream so I found the culprit. I was first started on the regular Clinique facial soap, toner, and moisturizing lotion, but those products didn't seem to cut it. Either that, or it might've been that I didn't stop using the foundation. :P I was introduced to the Acne Solutions from Clinique by my sister. I started using it and slowly, it began to work away my acne. It hasn't entirely gone away, but I am very pleased with the results and will continue to use these products. I have naturally dry skin, so I tend to use the regular Clinique facial trio in the morning and my acne products at night. This has proven results, so if you're using these products, my advice to you is to keep watch! It might take a while, or it might not. Everyone's skin is different. Everything is different for everyone.

Pros

• No strong scent
  • Nice packaging
  • Works well with acne

Cons

• Expensive
  • Drys Out Skin
  • Does not come in a large size
  • for a few weeks
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Did not help my acne”
By on

I purchased the 3 step system to begin with and after 3 months of consistent use, saw no improvement in my acne.

When I went to purchase more, the lady in the lab coat informed me that my skin was dehydrated and sold me the three step + moisture surge + acne solutions mask. Even with daily use of the mask for two weeks (as advised) and application of the misrule surge (which I love) to combat dryness I still saw no improvement. In fact, my acne got worse.

I generally like Clinique products and I think the reason this was ineffective for me was because salicylic acid doesn't work for me.

This is an expensive product and I would recommend trying something with salicylic acid that's cheaper first to see if it works well for you.

Packaging is good, no strong smells or anything. It does annoy me that the toner always seems to have a layer of white stuff at the bottom that won't mix with the rest of the product. I was told by the Clinique lady not to worry and that this was normal. Why??? I feel like I'm not getting all of the ingredients. Also doesn't make sense to manufacture a product with ingredients that will stick to to he bottom of the container and never get used.

Pros

• No strong fragrance

Cons

• Expensive
  • Drying
  • Did not treat my acne
  • for a few months
  • $ 200
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Good results”
By on

I have been using this 3 step system for 1 year now and to be honest, I have noticed major results but my acne isn't completely gone yet. I'm 15 years old and I have had acne for 4 years now, I need it gone and it has really lowered my self esteem and confidence but with this product it definelty helped me quite a lot. I have tried almost everything on the market, proactiv sucked btw....anyway, this is a great product and I'm sure over time it will clear up my acne or at least keep it balanced and in control :)

Pros

• Great product
  • easy to use

Cons

• Super Expensive
  • for more than a year
  • $ 140
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“pretty good”
By on

I would recommend this for anyone looking for a product to use. Has no smell, and gave me good results.

“Works extremely well!”
By on

i bought the trial size almost two weeks ago and i love it! i started having acne in fourth grade and im currently in 8th grade (14 yr old). i have literally tried all kinds of acne products from clean and clear, neutrogena, and most recently mary kay. the first night i tried it i woke up with visibly clearer skin. as the days go by and as i use the product more, my skin gets a lot more better. the moisturiser is awesome i put it under my foundation which is the clinique acne solutions liquid makeup and it helps treat my skin all day. the only problem i have is that it does dry out your skin so i recommend using another moisturiser as well. i also use benzoyl peroxide to help clear my skin faster and it helps too!

Pros

• fast results

Cons

• dry skin
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 36
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Nope! didn't work”
By on

This didn't do anything for me and I returned it - the store was very gracious to take it back even though I had used most of it...but I was told I could return it if it didn't work so I did

• for a few months

“Love this product!”
By on

I have really oily skin, and when 8th grade started I had a whole bunch of acne (particularly around my left cheek and forehead), so I tried this product and after 3 days my skin was completely clear! And also I found that it evened out my skin tone!

Pros

• Clears skin fast
  • Evens skin tone
  • Lasts a while

Cons

• Expensive
  • A little drying
  • for about a year
  • $ 65
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“made skin v dry!”
By on

didnt really help my skin and found it to be quite drying!

Pros

[not submitted]

Cons

• didnt help much with acne
  • v drying
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.