Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System reviews

3.5/5 - 551 reviews

Brand: Clinique

Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam:
Salicylic acid (2%).

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sucrose, disodium phosphate, arginine cocoate, laminaria saccharina extract, cola nitida (kola) seed extract, caffeine, algae extract, mentha piperita (peppermint), sea whip extract, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, sodium hyaluronate, ppg-6 decyltetradeceth-30, lactobacillus ferment, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, longifolene, acetyl glucosamine, capryloyl glycine, perilla aldehyde, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, polyquaternium-7, beta-caryophyllene, phospholipids, sodium stearate, sodium salicylate, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, chloroxylenol

Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:
Active ingredient:
Salicylic acid (1.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, alcohol denat., nylon-12, butylene glycol, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), laminaria saccharina extract, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, acetyl glucosamine, sorbitol, sea whip extract, barium sulfate, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, silica, disodiom edta, benzalkonium chloride

Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free:
Active ingredient:
Benzoyl peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, ceteareth-20, dimethicone, sucrose, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, acetyl glucosamine, lactobacillus ferment, poria cocos sclerotium extract, laminaria saccharina extract, polymethyl methacrylate, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, saccharomyces lysate extract, astrocaryum murumuru butter, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, myristyl alcohol, glycerin, zeolite, algae extract, linoleic acid, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, caffeine, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, longifolene, polysorbate 80, sodium hyaluronate, beta-caryophyllene, propylene glycol dicaprate, capryloyl glycine, quaternium-22, mentha piperita (peppermine), perilla aldehyde, perilla aldehyde, caprylyl glycol, isohexadecane, xanthum gum, disodium edta, chloroxylenol, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide.

Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System

Only thing my skin seems to not break out from..mostly
Reviewed on March 8, 2017

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Clinique but I have used this before for my acne and it did an alright job. I switched off of it and after a long hard battle of trying to find cleansers and moisturizers that didn't break out me out, I gave up. (they all broke me out like crazy) So, I went back to this set in desperation. I went from using nothing to this and my face started clearing up on the first use. The toner burned like a mother though and it itched pretty bad. I guess I'll keep using this set. The drawbacks are the CC's it gives me on my forehead and small cystic pimples on the sides of my face every once in a while. But I'm going to try and find something that counters those effects. It's worth it because my skin hates everything else. :( I'll probably switch out the moisturizer but for now, this'll do.

Terrible
Reviewed on March 7, 2017

Terrible! It's SO harsh on ur skin and existing acne. I had the worst experience with only 4 days of using it. Stay away!

Dried my skin like no other
Reviewed on March 4, 2017

I have acne that really isn't too bad, sometimes I get stubborn acne on my chin due to hormone imbalances, but it goes away usually fairly quickly. However, the lady at the Clinique counter still recommended this product for me and it was absolutely horrible on my skin! I naturally have reddish/blotchy skin due to being so pale, and this aggravated that even more! What's worse is how dry my skin got, I had large patches of extremely dry, tender, and peeling skin after using this product line for maybe two weeks to a month. I had to switch from the lotion in this line to Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion because even the lotion in this package irritated my skin and made it burn! Turns out I have sensitive skin and the alcohol in this product made the problem even worse. It took probably a good month of applying lotion every few hours and going without makeup to make the dry patches go away, and the product didn't even help my acne! That being said, there is an acne gel that Clinique sells separately that's sometimes recommended along with this product, and that does help my acne without drying my skin (it's a spot treatment though, so I only apply it on my acne), hence why I gave this 2 stars instead of just 1.

Hate it!
Reviewed on March 4, 2017

I have been using the Clinique 3 step acne system for about a month now and it has not cleared my skin at all. I have also started breaking out with large, painful pimples. I definitely will not be using this product anymore.

Did not work for me
Reviewed on February 15, 2017

I am giving this a 3 star rating as it was the first thing that worked for me after 20 years of BP and antibiotics and derms. This gave me a 20% improvement rather than the increase in acne I got after BP. However it made my skin dry and itchy. It was not as dry and itchy as it got from BP but it was not something that I could live with.

Stay away!
Reviewed on February 15, 2017

After one application of this stuff I ended up in the hospital because my face was so swollen I couldn't move my mouth to talk and my eyes were almost shut. They had to put me on an iv which still didn't help get things under control. 4 days later and another trip to the doctor I am still in agony. I have never had a reaction like this before. It's all been quite horrifying and I hope there is no permanent damage. Sent an email to customer care over 2 business days ago and still have not received a response. Returned the product and am now down the $11 for return shipping charges, costs for prescriptions to try and get relief and am on day 4 of not being able to leave my house because I look like a monster. scary!

Cleared up angry spots but left my skin dehydrated with blocked pores.
Reviewed on February 6, 2017

I used this range for around 2 years. After around 18 months I swapped out the moisturiser for a cheaper Simple moisturiser as it had a horrible consistency on my face and left me feeling greasy. I found the foaming cleanser and toner to be useful in preventing my red, angry spots but there are far too many chemicals in these products for my skin. My skin became dry and my pores clogged further. I was told by Clinique staff that I had to use the full range to see the full effects (surprise, surprise) but I now find a cheaper Clearasil face wash, the Clinique anti-blemish toner (or Garnier Micellar cleansing water) and a light Simple moisturiser is a good balance and works best for me. So you can mix and match these products!

Need answers
Reviewed on November 23, 2016

What does it mean when i start breaking out the first days of usage and get ichy and red face . Should i stop it or tough it out to see if it actually clears my face ?

Best luring Sales, Worst Skincare
Reviewed on September 27, 2016

I have use 3 steps ( Type 2) as my roommate recommend me to try on when I first encountered clogged pores. I have used them for 3 days then I swear I will never ever ever buy any products from CLINIQUE again.  The cleanser and toner irritate my skin so much that it appears red the whole day. Also, more clogged pores and inflamed white heads emerged which never happen to me before. The moisturizer cause allergic red spot on my face, itchy red bumps on my chin, which is the first time I have allergic reaction in my entire life. I have to turn to a derm as Clinique worsened the whole situation. Wont buy it, wont ever consider it, wont trust sales from a chain store ever again.

Not a fan of Clinique's acne solutions
Reviewed on September 21, 2016

I have been a loyal clinique makeup user since I was in high school. I never found the prices to be overwhelming and I liked the coverage. not only that, I think the customer service when you go into a big store, is great compared to some of the other companies (free makeup application etc!). So when I started to break out in my mid-30’s, going with Clinique’s solution was a no-brainer. Again, I didn’t find the prices to be wholly unreasonable but this time, my beloved brand did let me down.

The customer service was, as always top notch, but I have come to the conclusion that either they are more of a make-up brand than an acne brand or the customer service people who helped me, didn’t know what they were talking about. Since I didn’t know anything about acne, I went with what they recommended and boy do I regret it. What I thought was a bad breakout got worse. My entire face got red and blotchy and the pimples started popping up with even more of a vengeance.

This is all bad enough but then when it comes to the products themselves, I can’t say I loved them. The cleansing foam doesn’t come out of the bottle very well and it seems like you need a lot to thoroughly wash your face which makes you need more product in a jiffy.

I have come to learn that some of the things that I didn’t like about this product weren’t about the product itself but were due to the lack of communication from the company to me about what to expect. For example, the redness that I experienced was due to me having a sensitivity to benzoyl peroxide - something the person who sold it to me should have probably mentioned would be a possibility. Or when I called their customer support and asked what was going on. I only learned this because I called Pamela at Ninja Skincare and she walked me through not only what was going on with my skin prior to using Clinique but also why Clinique was having such a weird effect on my skin. I went with Ninja and haven’t looked back. Am now enjoying the clearest skin since before my babies were born 3 years ago!

I am giving it 2 stars because I still love me some Clinique makeup, but am sticking with makeup only from now on! I would not recommend their acne solutions products.