Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System reviews

3.6/5 - 547 reviews

Brand: Clinique

Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam:
Salicylic acid (2%).

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sucrose, disodium phosphate, arginine cocoate, laminaria saccharina extract, cola nitida (kola) seed extract, caffeine, algae extract, mentha piperita (peppermint), sea whip extract, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, sodium hyaluronate, ppg-6 decyltetradeceth-30, lactobacillus ferment, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, longifolene, acetyl glucosamine, capryloyl glycine, perilla aldehyde, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, polyquaternium-7, beta-caryophyllene, phospholipids, sodium stearate, sodium salicylate, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, chloroxylenol

Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:
Active ingredient:
Salicylic acid (1.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, alcohol denat., nylon-12, butylene glycol, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), laminaria saccharina extract, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, acetyl glucosamine, sorbitol, sea whip extract, barium sulfate, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, silica, disodiom edta, benzalkonium chloride

Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free:
Active ingredient:
Benzoyl peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, ceteareth-20, dimethicone, sucrose, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, acetyl glucosamine, lactobacillus ferment, poria cocos sclerotium extract, laminaria saccharina extract, polymethyl methacrylate, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, saccharomyces lysate extract, astrocaryum murumuru butter, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, myristyl alcohol, glycerin, zeolite, algae extract, linoleic acid, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, caffeine, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, longifolene, polysorbate 80, sodium hyaluronate, beta-caryophyllene, propylene glycol dicaprate, capryloyl glycine, quaternium-22, mentha piperita (peppermine), perilla aldehyde, perilla aldehyde, caprylyl glycol, isohexadecane, xanthum gum, disodium edta, chloroxylenol, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide.

Did not work for me
Reviewed on February 15, 2017

I am giving this a 3 star rating as it was the first thing that worked for me after 20 years of BP and antibiotics and derms. This gave me a 20% improvement rather than the increase in acne I got after BP. However it made my skin dry and itchy. It was not as dry and itchy as it got from BP but it was not something that I could live with.

Stay away!
Reviewed on February 15, 2017

After one application of this stuff I ended up in the hospital because my face was so swollen I couldn't move my mouth to talk and my eyes were almost shut. They had to put me on an iv which still didn't help get things under control. 4 days later and another trip to the doctor I am still in agony. I have never had a reaction like this before. It's all been quite horrifying and I hope there is no permanent damage. Sent an email to customer care over 2 business days ago and still have not received a response. Returned the product and am now down the $11 for return shipping charges, costs for prescriptions to try and get relief and am on day 4 of not being able to leave my house because I look like a monster. scary!

Cleared up angry spots but left my skin dehydrated with blocked pores.
Reviewed on February 6, 2017

I used this range for around 2 years. After around 18 months I swapped out the moisturiser for a cheaper Simple moisturiser as it had a horrible consistency on my face and left me feeling greasy. I found the foaming cleanser and toner to be useful in preventing my red, angry spots but there are far too many chemicals in these products for my skin. My skin became dry and my pores clogged further. I was told by Clinique staff that I had to use the full range to see the full effects (surprise, surprise) but I now find a cheaper Clearasil face wash, the Clinique anti-blemish toner (or Garnier Micellar cleansing water) and a light Simple moisturiser is a good balance and works best for me. So you can mix and match these products!

Need answers
Reviewed on November 23, 2016

What does it mean when i start breaking out the first days of usage and get ichy and red face . Should i stop it or tough it out to see if it actually clears my face ?

Best luring Sales, Worst Skincare
Reviewed on September 27, 2016

I have use 3 steps ( Type 2) as my roommate recommend me to try on when I first encountered clogged pores. I have used them for 3 days then I swear I will never ever ever buy any products from CLINIQUE again.  The cleanser and toner irritate my skin so much that it appears red the whole day. Also, more clogged pores and inflamed white heads emerged which never happen to me before. The moisturizer cause allergic red spot on my face, itchy red bumps on my chin, which is the first time I have allergic reaction in my entire life. I have to turn to a derm as Clinique worsened the whole situation. Wont buy it, wont ever consider it, wont trust sales from a chain store ever again.

Not a fan of Clinique's acne solutions
Reviewed on September 21, 2016

I have been a loyal clinique makeup user since I was in high school. I never found the prices to be overwhelming and I liked the coverage. not only that, I think the customer service when you go into a big store, is great compared to some of the other companies (free makeup application etc!). So when I started to break out in my mid-30’s, going with Clinique’s solution was a no-brainer. Again, I didn’t find the prices to be wholly unreasonable but this time, my beloved brand did let me down.

The customer service was, as always top notch, but I have come to the conclusion that either they are more of a make-up brand than an acne brand or the customer service people who helped me, didn’t know what they were talking about. Since I didn’t know anything about acne, I went with what they recommended and boy do I regret it. What I thought was a bad breakout got worse. My entire face got red and blotchy and the pimples started popping up with even more of a vengeance.

This is all bad enough but then when it comes to the products themselves, I can’t say I loved them. The cleansing foam doesn’t come out of the bottle very well and it seems like you need a lot to thoroughly wash your face which makes you need more product in a jiffy.

I have come to learn that some of the things that I didn’t like about this product weren’t about the product itself but were due to the lack of communication from the company to me about what to expect. For example, the redness that I experienced was due to me having a sensitivity to benzoyl peroxide - something the person who sold it to me should have probably mentioned would be a possibility. Or when I called their customer support and asked what was going on. I only learned this because I called Pamela at Ninja Skincare and she walked me through not only what was going on with my skin prior to using Clinique but also why Clinique was having such a weird effect on my skin. I went with Ninja and haven’t looked back. Am now enjoying the clearest skin since before my babies were born 3 years ago!

I am giving it 2 stars because I still love me some Clinique makeup, but am sticking with makeup only from now on! I would not recommend their acne solutions products.

Did not work for me
Reviewed on September 20, 2016

Too strong for my sensitive skin. But really liked the moisturizer!

Worth the splurge!
Reviewed on August 26, 2016

I bought this set out of desperation. I visited my dermatologist last week because my face had gone mad after coming off dianette. She recommended I try the Clinique acne solutions - mainly the moisturiser as I'm using a 10% benzoyl peroxide.

My skin is fairly used to drying products as my acne is VERY stubborn. If your skin is not used to benzoyl peroxide I would stay clear of this.

It did dry my skin out for the first few days - but the clearing moisturiser is a god send and got rid of all the dry patches for me!

I've been using this for nearly two weeks and I've noticed a lot of the redness and whiteheads have gone down considerably. I am using this combined with Epiduo and antibiotics and am happy with the results so far :).

Worth a try if you are desperate! The set is fairly expensive but I think this set would last me nearly two months, a little goes a long way!

Reviewed on August 12, 2016

Not for sensitive skin.it made me break out painfully!! Waste of money

by 00008kl on 11/23/2016 05:43
How long did you use it for?
Quite good
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

After completing the whole set my skin feel pretty good. It actually works at some degree but not as much as I thought it would be considering the price and the hype about the products.