Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System reviews

3.7/5 - 450 reviews

Brand: Clinique

Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam:
Salicylic acid 2%.

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sucrose, disodium phosphate, arginine cocoate, laminaria saccharina extract, cola nitida (kola) seed extract, caffeine, algae extract, mentha piperita (peppermint), sea whip extract, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, sodium hyaluronate, ppg-6 decyltetradeceth-30, lactobacillus ferment, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, longifolene, acetyl glucosamine, capryloyl glycine, perilla aldehyde, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, polyquaternium-7, beta-caryophyllene, phospholipids, sodium stearate, sodium salicylate, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, chloroxylenol

Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:
active ingredient:
Salicylic acid 1.5%.

Inactive ingredients:
Water, alcohol denat., nylon-12, butylene glycol, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), laminaria saccharina extract, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, acetyl glucosamine, sorbitol, sea whip extract, barium sulfate, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, silica, disodiom edta, benzalkonium chloride

Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free:
Active ingredient:
Benzoyl peroxide 2.5%;.

Inactive ingredients:
Water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, ceteareth-20, dimethicone, sucrose, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, acetyl glucosamine, lactobacillus ferment, poria cocos sclerotium extract, laminaria saccharina extract, polymethyl methacrylate, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, saccharomyces lysate extract, astrocaryum murumuru butter, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, myristyl alcohol, glycerin, zeolite, algae extract, linoleic acid, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, caffeine, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, longifolene, polysorbate 80, sodium hyaluronate, beta-caryophyllene, propylene glycol dicaprate, capryloyl glycine, quaternium-22, mentha piperita (peppermine), perilla aldehyde, perilla aldehyde, caprylyl glycol, isohexadecane, xanthum gum, disodium edta, chloroxylenol, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide.

Clinique Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System All Skin Types System Starter Kit
updated: 07/30/2014 14:31 UTC
Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin Starter Kit Cleansing Foam + Clarifying Lotion + Clearing Moisturizer 3 pc set Cleansing Foam + Clarifying Lotion + Clearing Moisturizer Oil Free
updated: 07/30/2014 14:31 UTC

HORRIBLE!!!!!!
Reviewed on July 2, 2014

Do not put this on your skin!!! Is so strong and is just gonna make your acne worse!!

When I was looking for a cure for acne I always wanted the strongest product as possible because i thought that would speed the process and get my acne cure quicker and that is why i bought this product, what a disappointment!!! It makes your skin red and makes your acne 100% worse!! The only decent product on this is the moisturizers but nothing special specially for the price!

amazing!!!
Reviewed on June 2, 2014

I have tried a lot of treatments right from laser treatment to pills and have spent thousands on trying many products but these products have worked wonders for me! It takes a while to work and you have to be patient as it can dry your skin out but it works! The products are expensive but 100% worth it!

Not so good for my skin.
Reviewed on May 16, 2014

This "acne solution" from Clinique has deteriorated my acne 100%. I used to have like 3 or 4 pimples per week but when i started to use this i started to have more and more pimples, like 12 or 14 per week and the moisturizer left my skin more oily than ever! The only good thing about this system is the Clarifying lotion (i used for men), it left my skin soft and calm after the shave. But i will never buy this again, is pure marketing and is a little expensive.

Clarifying lotion only!
Reviewed on May 12, 2014

***I do not use the whole system, only step 2 which is the Acne Solutions Clarifying lotion*** My experience with this system has been quite interesting. About two years ago, I worked for Clinique and had been a sufferer of persistent, mild acne and even if I didn't break out much I had crappy skin overall, bad texture etc. so naturally, I began to use the Clinique Acne Solutions line. At first, I tried using all three steps but that didn't work because my skin curses benzoyl peroxide like the devil. The step 3 moisturizer has benzoyl in it. I decided to use just the foaming cleanser and clarifying lotion and I used the dramatically different moisturizing gel. My skin improved and the system worked for me and I had spurts of great skin. Last summer, I started to work at Sephora and strayed from the system, being lured by all the other brands. I don't know if that was the mistake, or what happened, but my skin went downhill from there. It was never bad and the changes were very subtle, or it could be because of my job I stayed indoors a lot and did not get vitamin d (which i think plays a role in acne, honestly, research!!!) it could be that I started to where makeup a lot, mostly had a diet of fast food/junk food/mall food, or a combination of it all. I tried coming back to this clinique line and it just wasnt working for me. My skin would look fine on its own but as soon as I tried to put some make up on, my skin would be a flaky mess, especially around the mouth/lower half of my face . My skin started to get bad and I went to a derm and got put on antibiotics, used aczone gel and I asked for an old facewash I used to love called sodium sulfacetamide/sulfur and use neutrogena combination skin moisturizer (100% noncomedogenic)I cleaned up my diet, reduced dairy, gluten, sugar, tried to eat more home cooked food, drank fresh juices etc. thankfully my skin cleared up, but it still did not look how i wanted it to. the texture was just meh. it's like i needed some serious exfoliation. I slowly introduced the clarifying lotion ONLY to my skin a couple months ago and the rest is history. the combination of soidum sulfacetamide/sulfur/clarifying lotion/neutrogena combination skin moisturizer is my perfect skincare routine and my skin's been looking great! a little powder foundation and anyone would laugh if I said I'm a long term acne sufferer. So, don't be afraid to tweak things up and good luck! YAY for clarifying lotion!

Average
Reviewed on April 25, 2014

I had been using Clinique makeup for a while and the lady at the counter recommended me the Clinique anti-blemish set so I bought all three products. The self-foaming cleanser is good and it does a good job at cleaning my face and getting rid of oils. I found that even though my face was still very oily, I didn't need to blot my face as much during the day. I hate the cleansing solution though because it absolutely stinks of alcohol and it didn't do much for my skin. The moisturiser was average.

I continued to use the range for two years even though I didn't see any visible improvements for my acne. I've now moved onto other products that does a better job (and at a lower price too)!

go for it
Reviewed on April 7, 2014

When I got the clinique acne solutions, the person at the counter said it was very effective, so I tried it. Before I used it, my skin was very oily and it felt un clean and randomly formed small pimples that were very hard to get rid of. When I started using it, my skin felt cleaner and it had a lot less oil, but then I started getting more pimples that appeared in places that it didnt appear in before. I was really confused why that happened, but it started clearing away my pimples and surprisingly, it made my skin less dry!!! I sometimes dont get my skin, but all people have different skin.

Mixed Feelings
Reviewed on March 20, 2014

Personally this product did partially work for me, it never completely cleared my acne but it did help a lot. The first four months my skin was way more clear than it was before using this treatment and I was so happy that something finally worked. But then I guess it just wasn'st really as effective. My acne never came back as bad as when I started using the treatment but it did get worse after those four months.

Slowly But Surely
Reviewed on March 8, 2014

I had recently been breaking out for quite a while on my forehead very excessively. For the longest time, I didn't understand why I was, because it was during the winter and I am prone to dry skin during that time. I later found out (with the help of this marvelous site) that it was caused by my Maybelline Dream Mousse Foundation that I have been using for a while. I felt quite stupid that it had never occurred to me that it might be my makeup. I have extremely sensitive skin, so I tend to go for the "healthy" makeup, and I guess I was not on my game with that foundation. The only other all-over skin product I used was the Clinique BB Cream (I am VERY found of Clinique) and it has always been very close to my heart. I am in love with BB creams because they are so light and less cakey. I had already began to break out with acne on my forehead before I started using the BB cream so I found the culprit. I was first started on the regular Clinique facial soap, toner, and moisturizing lotion, but those products didn't seem to cut it. Either that, or it might've been that I didn't stop using the foundation. :P I was introduced to the Acne Solutions from Clinique by my sister. I started using it and slowly, it began to work away my acne. It hasn't entirely gone away, but I am very pleased with the results and will continue to use these products. I have naturally dry skin, so I tend to use the regular Clinique facial trio in the morning and my acne products at night. This has proven results, so if you're using these products, my advice to you is to keep watch! It might take a while, or it might not. Everyone's skin is different. Everything is different for everyone.

Did not help my acne
Reviewed on March 4, 2014

I purchased the 3 step system to begin with and after 3 months of consistent use, saw no improvement in my acne.

When I went to purchase more, the lady in the lab coat informed me that my skin was dehydrated and sold me the three step + moisture surge + acne solutions mask. Even with daily use of the mask for two weeks (as advised) and application of the misrule surge (which I love) to combat dryness I still saw no improvement. In fact, my acne got worse.

I generally like Clinique products and I think the reason this was ineffective for me was because salicylic acid doesn't work for me.

This is an expensive product and I would recommend trying something with salicylic acid that's cheaper first to see if it works well for you.

Packaging is good, no strong smells or anything. It does annoy me that the toner always seems to have a layer of white stuff at the bottom that won't mix with the rest of the product. I was told by the Clinique lady not to worry and that this was normal. Why??? I feel like I'm not getting all of the ingredients. Also doesn't make sense to manufacture a product with ingredients that will stick to to he bottom of the container and never get used.

Good results
Reviewed on December 3, 2013

I have been using this 3 step system for 1 year now and to be honest, I have noticed major results but my acne isn't completely gone yet. I'm 15 years old and I have had acne for 4 years now, I need it gone and it has really lowered my self esteem and confidence but with this product it definelty helped me quite a lot. I have tried almost everything on the market, proactiv sucked btw....anyway, this is a great product and I'm sure over time it will clear up my acne or at least keep it balanced and in control :)