Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System reviews

3.6/5 - 534 reviews

Brand: Clinique

Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam:
Salicylic acid (2%).

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sucrose, disodium phosphate, arginine cocoate, laminaria saccharina extract, cola nitida (kola) seed extract, caffeine, algae extract, mentha piperita (peppermint), sea whip extract, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, sodium hyaluronate, ppg-6 decyltetradeceth-30, lactobacillus ferment, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, longifolene, acetyl glucosamine, capryloyl glycine, perilla aldehyde, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, polyquaternium-7, beta-caryophyllene, phospholipids, sodium stearate, sodium salicylate, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, chloroxylenol

Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:
Active ingredient:
Salicylic acid (1.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, alcohol denat., nylon-12, butylene glycol, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), laminaria saccharina extract, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, acetyl glucosamine, sorbitol, sea whip extract, barium sulfate, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, silica, disodiom edta, benzalkonium chloride

Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free:
Active ingredient:
Benzoyl peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, ceteareth-20, dimethicone, sucrose, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, acetyl glucosamine, lactobacillus ferment, poria cocos sclerotium extract, laminaria saccharina extract, polymethyl methacrylate, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, saccharomyces lysate extract, astrocaryum murumuru butter, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, myristyl alcohol, glycerin, zeolite, algae extract, linoleic acid, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, caffeine, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, longifolene, polysorbate 80, sodium hyaluronate, beta-caryophyllene, propylene glycol dicaprate, capryloyl glycine, quaternium-22, mentha piperita (peppermine), perilla aldehyde, perilla aldehyde, caprylyl glycol, isohexadecane, xanthum gum, disodium edta, chloroxylenol, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide.

Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System

Bad
Reviewed on June 22, 2016

Awful gave me horrible breakouts after 4 days of using, waste of money

poor
Reviewed on May 20, 2016

Pretty poor quality. It made my skin very oily and it really didn't do anything for my breakouts and was super expensive.

Product work great until this..
Reviewed on March 3, 2016

I started using the Clinque Acne Solutions a few months ago, having to purchase the system three times, as I was satisfied at that time. However, recently I stopped using it, and I started to notice my skin was getting worse. I broke out like crazy, and my skin got more irritated. This is considered an awful and a expensive product, and if you want a good acne treatment product, I do not recommend this system. Once you stop using it, you will break out, also depending on you skin type. Do not purchase this!!!!!

not worth the price
Reviewed on January 27, 2016

it worked for me abit in the beginning after that there were nothing and my skin start to peel and its quite expensive

by Sanerelisabeth on 02/25/2016 21:07
Yes, this is normal just reduce using this set to once a day instead of twice and for your second skin routine just cleanse and use an oil-free moisturizer.
Need help
Reviewed on December 2, 2015

I just bought this product and I used it only for 4 days and my skin started to peel and my face kinda red is that ok?

by Sanerelisabeth on 02/25/2016 21:08
I've used this stuff for years and it's normal to peel a little bit. You should probably use it once a day (either morning or night) and then for you next skin routine (once again morning or night) just cleanse with something that's oil-free and use an oil-free moisturizer. Hope this helped!(:
Cystic Acne after 2 days of use
Reviewed on August 26, 2015

So dissatisfied with my experience with Clinique! I bought the 3 step acne control kit for $34 and 2 days after using the acne solutions product I started getting cystic acne all over my face and jaw line. I returned my purchase through UPS and cost me $13 to return it!!! What a waste of money. I would never recommend Clinique to anyone. The least they could do was make returns free.

Expensive, Only One of 3 Products is Effective
Reviewed on February 5, 2015

I used this system for 3-4 years before I found something better. To me, it does a great job of getting my skin back on track after a breakout, but it doesn't do much for skin in the long term.

The Salicylic Acid in the foam cleanser and toner is ineffective; both products have a pH too high for the Salicylic Acid to do its job and the toner is full of alcohol, something that will NOT help your skin at all. The only acne medication you get from this system is coming from the treatment in the form of 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. The treatment is pretty good, but shouldn't be applied to areas without acne as it can be drying, so it's name of 'Clearing Moisturizer' or 'All-Over Clearing Treatment' isn't very accurate! You probably need another moisturizer when using this system, and they don't supply you with it.

I found when using the cleanser twice a day, I went through a full-sized bottle in about 6 weeks. A big bottle of toner lasted me about 4-5 months on average, and a full sized tube of the treatment lasted me between a month and 6 weeks. Basically, this system requires a lot of repurchasing, and it ends up being costly.

The only product from this system I would recommend purchasing is the Clearing Moisturizer, it's a pretty good Benzoyl Peroxide lotion, it just shouldn't be marketed as an all-over moisturizer.

This product isn't great.
Reviewed on February 1, 2015

This product worked for 3 months then the breakouts came back. I don't reccommend this for a long term solution. Not worth it.

Not worth the price
Reviewed on January 29, 2015

I asked for this for Christmas since I could not originally afford the $70+ system. It did clear up some of my acne, but I have used drugstore one-product brands that worked better. For the price paid, I would not buy again. Also, it is very drying in the winter time so I had to buy a better working moisturizer than what came with the system.

its ok
Reviewed on January 4, 2015

didn't work for me, while on this i got extreme dry skin and i broke out, but i only been on it for a couples of wks and got off it. Kinda my fault for not stayin with it,