Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System reviews

3.6/5 - 538 reviews

Brand: Clinique

Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam:
Salicylic acid (2%).

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sucrose, disodium phosphate, arginine cocoate, laminaria saccharina extract, cola nitida (kola) seed extract, caffeine, algae extract, mentha piperita (peppermint), sea whip extract, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, sodium hyaluronate, ppg-6 decyltetradeceth-30, lactobacillus ferment, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, longifolene, acetyl glucosamine, capryloyl glycine, perilla aldehyde, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, polyquaternium-7, beta-caryophyllene, phospholipids, sodium stearate, sodium salicylate, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, chloroxylenol

Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:
Active ingredient:
Salicylic acid (1.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, alcohol denat., nylon-12, butylene glycol, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), laminaria saccharina extract, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, acetyl glucosamine, sorbitol, sea whip extract, barium sulfate, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, silica, disodiom edta, benzalkonium chloride

Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free:
Active ingredient:
Benzoyl peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, ceteareth-20, dimethicone, sucrose, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, acetyl glucosamine, lactobacillus ferment, poria cocos sclerotium extract, laminaria saccharina extract, polymethyl methacrylate, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, saccharomyces lysate extract, astrocaryum murumuru butter, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, myristyl alcohol, glycerin, zeolite, algae extract, linoleic acid, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, caffeine, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, longifolene, polysorbate 80, sodium hyaluronate, beta-caryophyllene, propylene glycol dicaprate, capryloyl glycine, quaternium-22, mentha piperita (peppermine), perilla aldehyde, perilla aldehyde, caprylyl glycol, isohexadecane, xanthum gum, disodium edta, chloroxylenol, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide.

Quite good
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

After completing the whole set my skin feel pretty good. It actually works at some degree but not as much as I thought it would be considering the price and the hype about the products.

effectve
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

I don't have major acne, but I tend to breakout from time to time. This system is amazing and very effective. My skin was clear within a week's time of using the products. I've used Proactiv, which takes a very long time for me to see results, after three weeks I was through with that! The only thing about the Clinique Acne system is it's very drying, which I don't mind in this humid weather, and the moisturizer doesn't have spf. So I don't really use the products unless I'm having breakout (like now) and my skin's already clearing up.

Not sure how I feel about it
Reviewed on July 9, 2016

Before I started using this product, I had a bunch of small pimples on my forehead and many little bumps on my cheeks. I tried MANY products from Target, but none of them seemed to cut it. Once I started using the acne treatments from Clinique, the little whiteheads and bumps definitely went away. However, I started getting breakouts on my cheeks and down my jawline. These were new to me, because I have never really gotten an actual breakout, just many little pimples that wouldn't go away. I always popped these breakouts once the whitehead formed. In the beginning, my scars were the ones that would fade in time. But as I started using the product more, most of my scars were ice pick scars. I continued to break out for a long time, but after a year of using it, my skin started to clear up. As of now, I've been using it for 2 years. My skin definitely cleared up and I only get hormonal acne now, but I feel like this product changed my skin. Before, my breakouts were small and not as painful. Now, each and every one I get hurts and turns into a large whitehead. I also feel like the product really dried out my skin and made me more prone to ice pick scars. I now have many ice pick scars, some still dark, and I'm trying to figure out if I can heal them. Although the product did help in clearing my acne, I'm not sure if it helped my skin. My pores have enlarged in many areas, I get very oily (but my skin still feels dry???) and even some of the breakouts that I don't pop tend to scar. If you're going to use this product, try your absolute best not to pop your breakouts and MOISTURIZE. I feel like the lotion did not do much in terms of moisturizing. And I broke out a lot during my first year of usage- it's going to take a while for it to actually work. My skin is a lot more clear now, but I have many ice pick scars. However, the treatment is pretty expensive, so I don't know if I should continue using it. I'm thinking of switching to something more natural, because I feel like the treatment's chemicals really affected my skin.

Crappy
Reviewed on June 30, 2016

I have hormonal acne that isn't SEVERE but it's pretty bad, and I started using Clinique about a year ago and I purchased the Acne Solutions line as well as foundation and powder. I was using nothing but Clinique on my face. Face wash, toner, mosterizer, foundation and powder. I will say that it did clear my skin for about a good 3 months, however after that it went right back to how it was before if not worse. I continued to use all of the products in hopes that it was just a phase and I think my body just got to immune to it and stopped working. I have always wanted to try all natural products so now I am using African Black Soap, as well as a moisturizer that is natural. It seems to be working well and clearing my acne slowly but surely. I still use the foundation and powder from Cliniqu because its fragrance free, however I will probably find something new once my face clears. It's too pricy and I have the makeup specifically for oily skin, and my face is still super oily. I wouldn't waste money on this.

Bad
Reviewed on June 22, 2016

Awful gave me horrible breakouts after 4 days of using, waste of money

poor
Reviewed on May 20, 2016

Pretty poor quality. It made my skin very oily and it really didn't do anything for my breakouts and was super expensive.

Product work great until this..
Reviewed on March 3, 2016

I started using the Clinque Acne Solutions a few months ago, having to purchase the system three times, as I was satisfied at that time. However, recently I stopped using it, and I started to notice my skin was getting worse. I broke out like crazy, and my skin got more irritated. This is considered an awful and a expensive product, and if you want a good acne treatment product, I do not recommend this system. Once you stop using it, you will break out, also depending on you skin type. Do not purchase this!!!!!

not worth the price
Reviewed on January 27, 2016

it worked for me abit in the beginning after that there were nothing and my skin start to peel and its quite expensive

by Sanerelisabeth on 02/25/2016 21:07
Yes, this is normal just reduce using this set to once a day instead of twice and for your second skin routine just cleanse and use an oil-free moisturizer.
Need help
Reviewed on December 2, 2015

I just bought this product and I used it only for 4 days and my skin started to peel and my face kinda red is that ok?

by Sanerelisabeth on 02/25/2016 21:08
I've used this stuff for years and it's normal to peel a little bit. You should probably use it once a day (either morning or night) and then for you next skin routine (once again morning or night) just cleanse with something that's oil-free and use an oil-free moisturizer. Hope this helped!(:
Cystic Acne after 2 days of use
Reviewed on August 26, 2015

So dissatisfied with my experience with Clinique! I bought the 3 step acne control kit for $34 and 2 days after using the acne solutions product I started getting cystic acne all over my face and jaw line. I returned my purchase through UPS and cost me $13 to return it!!! What a waste of money. I would never recommend Clinique to anyone. The least they could do was make returns free.