Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System reviews

3.7/5 - 445 reviews

Brand: Clinique

Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam:
Salicylic acid 2%.

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sucrose, disodium phosphate, arginine cocoate, laminaria saccharina extract, cola nitida (kola) seed extract, caffeine, algae extract, mentha piperita (peppermint), sea whip extract, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, sodium hyaluronate, ppg-6 decyltetradeceth-30, lactobacillus ferment, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, longifolene, acetyl glucosamine, capryloyl glycine, perilla aldehyde, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, polyquaternium-7, beta-caryophyllene, phospholipids, sodium stearate, sodium salicylate, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, chloroxylenol

Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:
active ingredient:
Salicylic acid 1.5%.

Inactive ingredients:
Water, alcohol denat., nylon-12, butylene glycol, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), laminaria saccharina extract, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, acetyl glucosamine, sorbitol, sea whip extract, barium sulfate, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, silica, disodiom edta, benzalkonium chloride

Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free:
Active ingredient:
Benzoyl peroxide 2.5%;.

Inactive ingredients:
Water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, ceteareth-20, dimethicone, sucrose, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, acetyl glucosamine, lactobacillus ferment, poria cocos sclerotium extract, laminaria saccharina extract, polymethyl methacrylate, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, saccharomyces lysate extract, astrocaryum murumuru butter, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, myristyl alcohol, glycerin, zeolite, algae extract, linoleic acid, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, caffeine, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, longifolene, polysorbate 80, sodium hyaluronate, beta-caryophyllene, propylene glycol dicaprate, capryloyl glycine, quaternium-22, mentha piperita (peppermine), perilla aldehyde, perilla aldehyde, caprylyl glycol, isohexadecane, xanthum gum, disodium edta, chloroxylenol, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide.

Clinique Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System All Skin Types System Starter Kit
updated: 04/23/2014 07:02 UTC
Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin Starter Kit Cleansing Foam + Clarifying Lotion + Clearing Moisturizer 3 pc set Cleansing Foam + Clarifying Lotion + Clearing Moisturizer Oil Free
updated: 04/23/2014 07:02 UTC

go for it
Reviewed on April 7, 2014

When I got the clinique acne solutions, the person at the counter said it was very effective, so I tried it. Before I used it, my skin was very oily and it felt un clean and randomly formed small pimples that were very hard to get rid of. When I started using it, my skin felt cleaner and it had a lot less oil, but then I started getting more pimples that appeared in places that it didnt appear in before. I was really confused why that happened, but it started clearing away my pimples and surprisingly, it made my skin less dry!!! I sometimes dont get my skin, but all people have different skin.

Mixed Feelings
Reviewed on March 20, 2014

Personally this product did partially work for me, it never completely cleared my acne but it did help a lot. The first four months my skin was way more clear than it was before using this treatment and I was so happy that something finally worked. But then I guess it just wasn'st really as effective. My acne never came back as bad as when I started using the treatment but it did get worse after those four months.

Slowly But Surely
Reviewed on March 8, 2014

I had recently been breaking out for quite a while on my forehead very excessively. For the longest time, I didn't understand why I was, because it was during the winter and I am prone to dry skin during that time. I later found out (with the help of this marvelous site) that it was caused by my Maybelline Dream Mousse Foundation that I have been using for a while. I felt quite stupid that it had never occurred to me that it might be my makeup. I have extremely sensitive skin, so I tend to go for the "healthy" makeup, and I guess I was not on my game with that foundation. The only other all-over skin product I used was the Clinique BB Cream (I am VERY found of Clinique) and it has always been very close to my heart. I am in love with BB creams because they are so light and less cakey. I had already began to break out with acne on my forehead before I started using the BB cream so I found the culprit. I was first started on the regular Clinique facial soap, toner, and moisturizing lotion, but those products didn't seem to cut it. Either that, or it might've been that I didn't stop using the foundation. :P I was introduced to the Acne Solutions from Clinique by my sister. I started using it and slowly, it began to work away my acne. It hasn't entirely gone away, but I am very pleased with the results and will continue to use these products. I have naturally dry skin, so I tend to use the regular Clinique facial trio in the morning and my acne products at night. This has proven results, so if you're using these products, my advice to you is to keep watch! It might take a while, or it might not. Everyone's skin is different. Everything is different for everyone.

Did not help my acne
Reviewed on March 4, 2014

I purchased the 3 step system to begin with and after 3 months of consistent use, saw no improvement in my acne.

When I went to purchase more, the lady in the lab coat informed me that my skin was dehydrated and sold me the three step + moisture surge + acne solutions mask. Even with daily use of the mask for two weeks (as advised) and application of the misrule surge (which I love) to combat dryness I still saw no improvement. In fact, my acne got worse.

I generally like Clinique products and I think the reason this was ineffective for me was because salicylic acid doesn't work for me.

This is an expensive product and I would recommend trying something with salicylic acid that's cheaper first to see if it works well for you.

Packaging is good, no strong smells or anything. It does annoy me that the toner always seems to have a layer of white stuff at the bottom that won't mix with the rest of the product. I was told by the Clinique lady not to worry and that this was normal. Why??? I feel like I'm not getting all of the ingredients. Also doesn't make sense to manufacture a product with ingredients that will stick to to he bottom of the container and never get used.

Good results
Reviewed on December 3, 2013

I have been using this 3 step system for 1 year now and to be honest, I have noticed major results but my acne isn't completely gone yet. I'm 15 years old and I have had acne for 4 years now, I need it gone and it has really lowered my self esteem and confidence but with this product it definelty helped me quite a lot. I have tried almost everything on the market, proactiv sucked btw....anyway, this is a great product and I'm sure over time it will clear up my acne or at least keep it balanced and in control :)

pretty good
Reviewed on November 25, 2013

I would recommend this for anyone looking for a product to use. Has no smell, and gave me good results.

Works extremely well!
Reviewed on October 23, 2013

i bought the trial size almost two weeks ago and i love it! i started having acne in fourth grade and im currently in 8th grade (14 yr old). i have literally tried all kinds of acne products from clean and clear, neutrogena, and most recently mary kay. the first night i tried it i woke up with visibly clearer skin. as the days go by and as i use the product more, my skin gets a lot more better. the moisturiser is awesome i put it under my foundation which is the clinique acne solutions liquid makeup and it helps treat my skin all day. the only problem i have is that it does dry out your skin so i recommend using another moisturiser as well. i also use benzoyl peroxide to help clear my skin faster and it helps too!

Nope! didn't work
Reviewed on September 11, 2013

This didn't do anything for me and I returned it - the store was very gracious to take it back even though I had used most of it...but I was told I could return it if it didn't work so I did

Love this product!
Reviewed on August 5, 2013

I have really oily skin, and when 8th grade started I had a whole bunch of acne (particularly around my left cheek and forehead), so I tried this product and after 3 days my skin was completely clear! And also I found that it evened out my skin tone!

made skin v dry!
Reviewed on July 17, 2013

didnt really help my skin and found it to be quite drying!