Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System reviews

3.6/5 - 542 reviews

Brand: Clinique

Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam:
Salicylic acid (2%).

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sucrose, disodium phosphate, arginine cocoate, laminaria saccharina extract, cola nitida (kola) seed extract, caffeine, algae extract, mentha piperita (peppermint), sea whip extract, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, sodium hyaluronate, ppg-6 decyltetradeceth-30, lactobacillus ferment, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, longifolene, acetyl glucosamine, capryloyl glycine, perilla aldehyde, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, polyquaternium-7, beta-caryophyllene, phospholipids, sodium stearate, sodium salicylate, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, chloroxylenol

Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:
Active ingredient:
Salicylic acid (1.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, alcohol denat., nylon-12, butylene glycol, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), laminaria saccharina extract, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, acetyl glucosamine, sorbitol, sea whip extract, barium sulfate, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, silica, disodiom edta, benzalkonium chloride

Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free:
Active ingredient:
Benzoyl peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, ceteareth-20, dimethicone, sucrose, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, acetyl glucosamine, lactobacillus ferment, poria cocos sclerotium extract, laminaria saccharina extract, polymethyl methacrylate, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, saccharomyces lysate extract, astrocaryum murumuru butter, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, myristyl alcohol, glycerin, zeolite, algae extract, linoleic acid, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, caffeine, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, longifolene, polysorbate 80, sodium hyaluronate, beta-caryophyllene, propylene glycol dicaprate, capryloyl glycine, quaternium-22, mentha piperita (peppermine), perilla aldehyde, perilla aldehyde, caprylyl glycol, isohexadecane, xanthum gum, disodium edta, chloroxylenol, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide.

Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System

Not a fan of Clinique's acne solutions
Reviewed on September 21, 2016

I have been a loyal clinique makeup user since I was in high school. I never found the prices to be overwhelming and I liked the coverage. not only that, I think the customer service when you go into a big store, is great compared to some of the other companies (free makeup application etc!). So when I started to break out in my mid-30’s, going with Clinique’s solution was a no-brainer. Again, I didn’t find the prices to be wholly unreasonable but this time, my beloved brand did let me down.

The customer service was, as always top notch, but I have come to the conclusion that either they are more of a make-up brand than an acne brand or the customer service people who helped me, didn’t know what they were talking about. Since I didn’t know anything about acne, I went with what they recommended and boy do I regret it. What I thought was a bad breakout got worse. My entire face got red and blotchy and the pimples started popping up with even more of a vengeance.

This is all bad enough but then when it comes to the products themselves, I can’t say I loved them. The cleansing foam doesn’t come out of the bottle very well and it seems like you need a lot to thoroughly wash your face which makes you need more product in a jiffy.

I have come to learn that some of the things that I didn’t like about this product weren’t about the product itself but were due to the lack of communication from the company to me about what to expect. For example, the redness that I experienced was due to me having a sensitivity to benzoyl peroxide - something the person who sold it to me should have probably mentioned would be a possibility. Or when I called their customer support and asked what was going on. I only learned this because I called Pamela at Ninja Skincare and she walked me through not only what was going on with my skin prior to using Clinique but also why Clinique was having such a weird effect on my skin. I went with Ninja and haven’t looked back. Am now enjoying the clearest skin since before my babies were born 3 years ago!

I am giving it 2 stars because I still love me some Clinique makeup, but am sticking with makeup only from now on! I would not recommend their acne solutions products.

Did not work for me
Reviewed on September 20, 2016

Too strong for my sensitive skin. But really liked the moisturizer!

Worth the splurge!
Reviewed on August 26, 2016

I bought this set out of desperation. I visited my dermatologist last week because my face had gone mad after coming off dianette. She recommended I try the Clinique acne solutions - mainly the moisturiser as I'm using a 10% benzoyl peroxide.

My skin is fairly used to drying products as my acne is VERY stubborn. If your skin is not used to benzoyl peroxide I would stay clear of this.

It did dry my skin out for the first few days - but the clearing moisturiser is a god send and got rid of all the dry patches for me!

I've been using this for nearly two weeks and I've noticed a lot of the redness and whiteheads have gone down considerably. I am using this combined with Epiduo and antibiotics and am happy with the results so far :).

Worth a try if you are desperate! The set is fairly expensive but I think this set would last me nearly two months, a little goes a long way!

Reviewed on August 12, 2016

Not for sensitive skin.it made me break out painfully!! Waste of money

Quite good
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

After completing the whole set my skin feel pretty good. It actually works at some degree but not as much as I thought it would be considering the price and the hype about the products.

effectve
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

I don't have major acne, but I tend to breakout from time to time. This system is amazing and very effective. My skin was clear within a week's time of using the products. I've used Proactiv, which takes a very long time for me to see results, after three weeks I was through with that! The only thing about the Clinique Acne system is it's very drying, which I don't mind in this humid weather, and the moisturizer doesn't have spf. So I don't really use the products unless I'm having breakout (like now) and my skin's already clearing up.

Not sure how I feel about it
Reviewed on July 9, 2016

Before I started using this product, I had a bunch of small pimples on my forehead and many little bumps on my cheeks. I tried MANY products from Target, but none of them seemed to cut it. Once I started using the acne treatments from Clinique, the little whiteheads and bumps definitely went away. However, I started getting breakouts on my cheeks and down my jawline. These were new to me, because I have never really gotten an actual breakout, just many little pimples that wouldn't go away. I always popped these breakouts once the whitehead formed. In the beginning, my scars were the ones that would fade in time. But as I started using the product more, most of my scars were ice pick scars. I continued to break out for a long time, but after a year of using it, my skin started to clear up. As of now, I've been using it for 2 years. My skin definitely cleared up and I only get hormonal acne now, but I feel like this product changed my skin. Before, my breakouts were small and not as painful. Now, each and every one I get hurts and turns into a large whitehead. I also feel like the product really dried out my skin and made me more prone to ice pick scars. I now have many ice pick scars, some still dark, and I'm trying to figure out if I can heal them. Although the product did help in clearing my acne, I'm not sure if it helped my skin. My pores have enlarged in many areas, I get very oily (but my skin still feels dry???) and even some of the breakouts that I don't pop tend to scar. If you're going to use this product, try your absolute best not to pop your breakouts and MOISTURIZE. I feel like the lotion did not do much in terms of moisturizing. And I broke out a lot during my first year of usage- it's going to take a while for it to actually work. My skin is a lot more clear now, but I have many ice pick scars. However, the treatment is pretty expensive, so I don't know if I should continue using it. I'm thinking of switching to something more natural, because I feel like the treatment's chemicals really affected my skin.

Crappy
Reviewed on June 30, 2016

I have hormonal acne that isn't SEVERE but it's pretty bad, and I started using Clinique about a year ago and I purchased the Acne Solutions line as well as foundation and powder. I was using nothing but Clinique on my face. Face wash, toner, mosterizer, foundation and powder. I will say that it did clear my skin for about a good 3 months, however after that it went right back to how it was before if not worse. I continued to use all of the products in hopes that it was just a phase and I think my body just got to immune to it and stopped working. I have always wanted to try all natural products so now I am using African Black Soap, as well as a moisturizer that is natural. It seems to be working well and clearing my acne slowly but surely. I still use the foundation and powder from Cliniqu because its fragrance free, however I will probably find something new once my face clears. It's too pricy and I have the makeup specifically for oily skin, and my face is still super oily. I wouldn't waste money on this.

Bad
Reviewed on June 22, 2016

Awful gave me horrible breakouts after 4 days of using, waste of money

poor
Reviewed on May 20, 2016

Pretty poor quality. It made my skin very oily and it really didn't do anything for my breakouts and was super expensive.