Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System reviews

3.7/5 - 462 reviews

Brand: Clinique

Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam:
Salicylic acid 2%.

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sucrose, disodium phosphate, arginine cocoate, laminaria saccharina extract, cola nitida (kola) seed extract, caffeine, algae extract, mentha piperita (peppermint), sea whip extract, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, sodium hyaluronate, ppg-6 decyltetradeceth-30, lactobacillus ferment, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, longifolene, acetyl glucosamine, capryloyl glycine, perilla aldehyde, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, polyquaternium-7, beta-caryophyllene, phospholipids, sodium stearate, sodium salicylate, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, chloroxylenol

Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion:
active ingredient:
Salicylic acid 1.5%.

Inactive ingredients:
Water, alcohol denat., nylon-12, butylene glycol, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), laminaria saccharina extract, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, acetyl glucosamine, sorbitol, sea whip extract, barium sulfate, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, silica, disodiom edta, benzalkonium chloride

Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free:
Active ingredient:
Benzoyl peroxide 2.5%;.

Inactive ingredients:
Water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, ceteareth-20, dimethicone, sucrose, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, acetyl glucosamine, lactobacillus ferment, poria cocos sclerotium extract, laminaria saccharina extract, polymethyl methacrylate, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, saccharomyces lysate extract, astrocaryum murumuru butter, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, myristyl alcohol, glycerin, zeolite, algae extract, linoleic acid, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, caffeine, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, longifolene, polysorbate 80, sodium hyaluronate, beta-caryophyllene, propylene glycol dicaprate, capryloyl glycine, quaternium-22, mentha piperita (peppermine), perilla aldehyde, perilla aldehyde, caprylyl glycol, isohexadecane, xanthum gum, disodium edta, chloroxylenol, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide.

Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System

Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin Starter Kit Cleansing Foam + Clarifying Lotion + Clearing Moisturizer 3 pc set Cleansing Foam + Clarifying Lotion + Clearing Moisturizer Oil Free
updated: 04/25/2015 12:24 UTC

Expensive, Only One of 3 Products is Effective
Reviewed on February 5, 2015

I used this system for 3-4 years before I found something better. To me, it does a great job of getting my skin back on track after a breakout, but it doesn't do much for skin in the long term.

The Salicylic Acid in the foam cleanser and toner is ineffective; both products have a pH too high for the Salicylic Acid to do its job and the toner is full of alcohol, something that will NOT help your skin at all. The only acne medication you get from this system is coming from the treatment in the form of 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. The treatment is pretty good, but shouldn't be applied to areas without acne as it can be drying, so it's name of 'Clearing Moisturizer' or 'All-Over Clearing Treatment' isn't very accurate! You probably need another moisturizer when using this system, and they don't supply you with it.

I found when using the cleanser twice a day, I went through a full-sized bottle in about 6 weeks. A big bottle of toner lasted me about 4-5 months on average, and a full sized tube of the treatment lasted me between a month and 6 weeks. Basically, this system requires a lot of repurchasing, and it ends up being costly.

The only product from this system I would recommend purchasing is the Clearing Moisturizer, it's a pretty good Benzoyl Peroxide lotion, it just shouldn't be marketed as an all-over moisturizer.

Not worth the price
Reviewed on January 29, 2015

I asked for this for Christmas since I could not originally afford the $70+ system. It did clear up some of my acne, but I have used drugstore one-product brands that worked better. For the price paid, I would not buy again. Also, it is very drying in the winter time so I had to buy a better working moisturizer than what came with the system.

its ok
Reviewed on January 4, 2015

didn't work for me, while on this i got extreme dry skin and i broke out, but i only been on it for a couples of wks and got off it. Kinda my fault for not stayin with it,

Brilliant well worth the expense- but drying in the long term
Reviewed on January 1, 2015

this is the only over the counter skincare system that has ever actually worked! It's totally different to everything else out there, & you can feel it working from the first use. It started too dramatically clear my severe and persistent acne within a week, and I was 90% clear within a month and a half.

It's only downsides are that once my skin was cleared and I still kept using it as maintenance, it really dried out my skin and made it very red. So I'd recommend just using it once a week once you get to that point as a maintenance thing.

There's also the cost point. It's about €78 for the whole system (and you need the whole system) so that's a bit inaccessible for many, but I assure you, it's the best money I ever spent, and wished I'd tried it years ago.

LOVE LOVE LOVE
Reviewed on December 30, 2014

I have been on the Clinique 3 step treatment since July 2013. All I can say is the cleanser and toner is absolutely amazing but the moisturiser treatment is really a disappointment. It made my skin more oily and worse. I stopped using that after two weeks and started using the dramatically different moisturising gel. It works perfectly and helped clear my acne in a week. Its made my skin better. I don't really have breakouts anymore only one or to on my chin area monthly. I honestly have never been so happy with a product. I recommend this product ( as well as the dramatically different moisturising gel ) to anyone suffering from acne.

THANK YOU CLINIQUE!

THIS IS AMAZING
Reviewed on November 17, 2014

I have struggled with acne since I was around 12. and it never got bad until I was about 15. All throughout high school I used prescriptions for my acne that somewhat helped, but they made my face either very dry or very oily and my acne never went away, especially around the time I would get my period. I decided to try this clinique system because I had heard good things about it, and I got results within a couple days! I was so impressed. Now I will maybe get a couple pimples before my period, but they are not nearly as bad as before and can be covered up completely with a tiny bit of makeup. But seriously! This is amazing my skin hasn't been this clear for as long as I can remember and it's only been two weeks since I started this. It also seems to fade some of my old acne scars right up! I am so happy with this purchase. I recommend at least trying it for a couple weeks before writing it off completely!

I AM SO HAPPY
Reviewed on October 3, 2014

My acne was out of control , I had big huge lumps all over my face and neck, I would cry when I would take off my makeup. I tried every acne soap , treatment , oral medication, prescription, dermatologists , and nothing seemed to work . A coworker told me about this product , I really didn't think it would work , i had lost hope. In 2 days I saw such a big difference ! I am now almost done with the treatment and I have no acne , I get one or two pimples that go away in a day or two . Clinique gave me back my confidence.

by ludimac on 11/17/2014 00:32
I totally agree with this! I had complete doubts that this product line would do anything for my skin, but I was so surprised at the results! ONE WEEK IT'S BEEN! And I have 100% clear skin. It's truly amazing.
Not so good for my skin.
Reviewed on May 16, 2014

This "acne solution" from Clinique has deteriorated my acne 100%. I used to have like 3 or 4 pimples per week but when i started to use this i started to have more and more pimples, like 12 or 14 per week and the moisturizer left my skin more oily than ever! The only good thing about this system is the Clarifying lotion (i used for men), it left my skin soft and calm after the shave. But i will never buy this again, is pure marketing and is a little expensive.

If you're lucky, it might work for you.
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

My friend also has acne and recommended me the Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System. I have oily skin and moderate/severe acne. The person at the counter also said that this kit is great and that just in case it didn't work then I can just get the $36 trial set. I should've been turned off by the price but I was just so excited by the idea that this might finally put a stop to my acne that I bought it without thinking. I used it for 1 1/2 months until I finished it and it ultimately made little difference, maybe broke me out a wee bit. If you're lucky it might work for you. Up to you whether you want to risk $36 because I sure as heck wish I didn't.

Ouch!
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

If your a teen and have bad acne, this stuff is NOT for you! When I used this product, all I can say is one word ouch! The cleanser kind of burned, the toner made my eyes swollen and my nose too and my skin burn because it is made of alcohol. And the lotion is oil based, totally AWFUL for breakouts and acne. I hated this product it din't help the acne at all or feel good or refreshing to use! Would NEVER reccomend this product, to anyone!!! EVER! If you are comparing this to Murad or Rodan and Fields check out my other reviews (THIS STUFF IS MAGIC and POST OF SHAME)! Hope this review was helpful!