Clindoxyl Clindamycin (1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 302 reviews

Brand: Clindoxyl

Clindoxyl Clindamycin (1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

Clindamycin (1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Non-Medicinal ingredients:
Carbomer 940, dimethicone, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, edetate disodium, glycerin, hydrated silica, methylparaben, poloxamer, purified water, and sodium hydroxide.

Fabulous product
Reviewed on July 18, 2016

Unfortunately for my skin it wasn't enough, but generally I would highly recommend it for keeping infection under control and limiting breakouts. I used it daily for 16 months. It really stung and dried my skin to start with from the peroxide but geez it cleared up my skin quickly

Really works
Reviewed on July 6, 2016

Took me 1 month to have a flawless skin . unfortunately I had to stop using it due to my intestinal problem( ulcerative colitis) :( . If you dont have any bowel disease go for it , working even if you have big painful cystic acne

Works Great!
Reviewed on June 22, 2016

It took about 5-6 months for Clindoxyl to start working, but after this initial period, it has been working wonders! I started the cream at the end of October, and by March by skin was absolutely perfect. During the first month or two, my skin was so irritated and super dry and red, but don't give up! You have to wait through that period and stick with it, because it'll be worth it. I used to have horrible acne on my chin and around my mouth, and I haven't had a pimple in months. Not even one. You can even skip a day or two of Clindoxyl and you'll still be fine. I suffer from food intolerance, and my skin was always super sensitive to food/alcohol, sweat, etc. but now it no longer is. I use this cream in the morning, paired with Differin cream in the evening (both prescriptions), and the combination is awesome. It makes my face feel a little bit dry, and it makes my skin a bit oilier, but nothing some moisturizer and powder can't fix. Would totally recommend! Don't give up if your skin isn't great in the first few months.

stopped working
Reviewed on April 28, 2016

it works for a while.. but just when your skin gets good, it loses its effectiveness. It worked for a while with me, then just stopped.

oily skin
Reviewed on April 2, 2016

My derm prescribed this for me as a topical antibiotic. But I stopped using it within the first week because it made my oily skin oilier

Worked great at first, lost effect after 1 year
Reviewed on March 2, 2016

This gel cleared up my acne very quickly. The acne did not completely disappear though. It didn't help with redness or scarring. After 1 year, it became completely ineffective on my skin and my acne resumed. This would be a good treatment for someone who needs a short term fix for mild/moderate acne.

3 weeks in....will update this post regularly.
Reviewed on September 16, 2015

I started using Clindoxyl on August 24th, so it has currently been 3 weeks.

In that time, I have dealt with one cyst in the area where I applied on my cheeks, and also in an area near my nose that rarely ever breaks out; I have a feeling both pimples were related to the clindoxyl since I started applying directly in those areas.

It seems the pimples I experienced were an initial "purge", as BP and most other acne medications make you break out before it gets better.

Additional changes I've made: drinking more water and green tea, changing pillow cases regularly, using an AHA 2x a week (Reversa, from Canada), exercising 3x a week, and supplementing with 1000 mg Vitamin C.

I will check back and update this review pretty much monthly for the next 6 months. I know how annoying it is to read somewhat hopeful reviews and never hear about how the person's skin reacted after prolonged use.

1 MONTH UPDATE: Its September 24th - the areas to which I have applied Clindoxyl are actually pretty clear. Still dealing with scarring but that is to be expected. 1-2 small whiteheads in areas where I don't apply the clindoxyl, but they go away within a day and aren't too noticeable.

4 MONTH UPDATE: Its December 26th - the areas where I regularly apply Clindoxyl remain clear. In fact, I now put it on every other day or every 2 days, depending on how dry my face feels. I still get pimples in areas where I don't apply the clindoxyl (e.g., on my temples), but I don't really care about those kinds of pimples - I was using the clindoxyl mostly to stop the big pustules that formed on my cheeks and so far it has done a great job.

Love it!!
Reviewed on December 3, 2015

I've been taking Clindoxyl Gel for maybe a year now (Clindoxyl Clindamycin (1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%)) and it has truly worked wonders for me (I am 22 and started taking it at 21.) I have not had any skin irritation problems and the acne along the sides of my face is practically completely eliminated. If I ever get some zits there, it's during that time of month. While the Clindoxyl Gel didn't get rid of the acne along my jawline and underneath it, it helped a lot to control it and keep it to a pretty good minimum. I started taking Vitex a couple of months ago and that has helped a lot with the acne along my jawline and under it. I started taking Clindoxyl Gel because it worked so well for my friend (female, same age as me.)

Really effective, however can cause certain pimples
Reviewed on September 16, 2015

I decided to finally see my doctor about my acne in order to get my skin nice and clear, as I have combination skin with moderate acne. When I first tried this out, I found that it felt a lot like glue but it felt really nice on the skin. A lot of people have complained that it dries out their skin, but for me, it actually made it feel softer and healthier. At first, I did breakout quite a bit, but I stuck through it, and after about 2-3 weeks, it got a loooot better. It did an amazing job getting rid of my pimples, as all my small pimples disappeared while I used this. However, I noticed that I always got this one HUGE pimple here and there while using this, even though everything else cleared up. Luckily, this only happened in the first 2-3 weeks, but afterwards, Clindoxyl kept my skin clear, smooth and in great shape. I noticed that this is most effective when you apply it to your whole face and go to sleep with it. It also makes my skin feel very clean the next day and makes it feel like my skin's immune to breakouts after a while. I also noticed that you probably need to keep using this for 6-12 months, as I used it for 2 months, and then stopped, causing my face to break out again a couple of weeks later, so I am currently deciding to repurchase it. It's kinda pricey, as it cost $60 for me to buy, but it lasts around 2 months, and it works well for me, so it's definitely worth it. I will continue to review this product as I will start using it again shortly. :)

UPDATE:

I am now beginning my second trial of Clindoxyl, along with oral medication. Hopefully this works well, and I'll continue to update as I go. I just got off of TactuPump, which helped greatly at first, but now stopped working and also caused my face to be quite red. My doctor prescribed me Clindoxyl for the outside and the oral medicine for the inside, haha. Wish me luck!

ok
Reviewed on May 19, 2015

It did helped me, but only when i used it with acne.org products.