Clindoxyl Clindamycin (1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 295 reviews

Brand: Clindoxyl

Clindoxyl Clindamycin (1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

Clindamycin (1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Non-Medicinal ingredients:
Carbomer 940, dimethicone, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, edetate disodium, glycerin, hydrated silica, methylparaben, poloxamer, purified water, and sodium hydroxide.

Clindoxyl Clindamycin (1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Clindoxyl Clindamycin (1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

3 weeks in....will update.
Reviewed on September 16, 2015

I started using Clindoxyl on August 24th, so it has currently been 3 weeks.

In that time, I have dealt with one cyst in the area where I applied on my cheeks, and also in an area near my nose that rarely ever breaks out; I have a feeling both pimples were related to the clindoxyl since I started applying directly in those areas.

It seems the pimples I experienced were an initial "purge", as BP and most other acne medications make you break out before it gets better.

Additional changes I've made: drinking more water and green tea, changing pillow cases regularly, using an AHA 2x a week (Reversa, from Canada), exercising 3x a week, and supplementing with 1000 mg Vitamin C.

I will check back and update this review pretty much monthly for the next 6 months. I know how annoying it is to read somewhat hopeful reviews and never hear about how the person's skin reacted after prolonged use.

1 MONTH UPDATE: Its September 24th - the areas to which I have applied Clindoxyl are actually pretty clear. Still dealing with scarring but that is to be expected. 1-2 small whiteheads in areas where I don't apply the clindoxyl, but they go away within a day and aren't too noticeable.

Really effective, however can cause certain pimples
Reviewed on September 16, 2015

I decided to finally see my doctor about my acne in order to get my skin nice and clear, as I have combination skin with moderate acne. When I first tried this out, I found that it felt a lot like glue but it felt really nice on the skin. A lot of people have complained that it dries out their skin, but for me, it actually made it feel softer and healthier. At first, I did breakout quite a bit, but I stuck through it, and after about 2-3 weeks, it got a loooot better. It did an amazing job getting rid of my pimples, as all my small pimples disappeared while I used this. However, I noticed that I always got this one HUGE pimple here and there while using this, even though everything else cleared up. Luckily, this only happened in the first 2-3 weeks, but afterwards, Clindoxyl kept my skin clear, smooth and in great shape. I noticed that this is most effective when you apply it to your whole face and go to sleep with it. It also makes my skin feel very clean the next day and makes it feel like my skin's immune to breakouts after a while. I also noticed that you probably need to keep using this for 6-12 months, as I used it for 2 months, and then stopped, causing my face to break out again a couple of weeks later, so I am currently deciding to repurchase it. It's kinda pricey, as it cost $60 for me to buy, but it lasts around 2 months, and it works well for me, so it's definitely worth it. I will continue to review this product as I will start using it again shortly. :)

Reviewed on May 19, 2015

It did helped me, but only when i used it with products.

Reviewed on March 17, 2015

I've used Clindoxyl previously while on Diane-35 and it cleared my skin up perfectly in about 3 months. Diet, exfoliation or sweat did not affect my skin. I went off Diane-35 and there was a back-order of Clindoxyl and in about 8 months by moderate acne came back. I have been back on Clindoxyl for 10 weeks now, applying it every night after moisturizing (before moisturizing tends to irritate my skin way too much) and my acne is mostly improved. Exfoliation with just a washcloth still makes me break-out and I can't wear make-up because it will show the dry skin. My skin is also quite rough and red in places but hopefully that will get better once I can decrease the dose to once every other day.

Basically, it works, but you have to be quite careful to wash your hands, moisturize enough, but touch/irritate your skin as little as possible.

Works for a while
Reviewed on January 2, 2015

I used this, with along Retin A, and Minocycline to clear up my first experience with acne when I was in middle school. The combination worked beautifully, and once I got off these medications I stayed clear for about 8 months. Then, my acne came back worse, and I was prescribed Clindoxyl Gel. It worked for a while, but then it wasn't doing anything. My skin became resistant to the topical antibiotic in this gel. Just use this with caution, and don't immediately quit using it once you are clear. Ease off of it.

Not amazing but it works
Reviewed on August 11, 2014

For me, I am quite satisfied with the product. It did make my skin more sensitive when I first started using it but as time went by, my skin adjusted.

Works fast (see changes in about a week)

Don't need to apply a lot for it to work

Bleaches fabrics (e.g. towels)

It causes facial redness. For example if you apply it on one spot only on your cheek, that spot will be visibly redder than the rest of your face.

If you stop applying for one day, chances are the acne will come back.

If applied on clear skin (no acne), pimples will surface.

Dries skin but easily fixed by applying moisturizer

Overall, despite all the cons, I am happy with the product. :)

by BeccaPops on 04/18/2015 18:05
So would you recommend on spot treating rather than on the entire face, as you said that if applied on clear skin, pimples will surface?
by BeccaPops on 04/18/2015 18:06
Reviewed on May 30, 2014

my 15 year old son has bad acne over his entire back, arms, forehead, face, chin, neck and now starting on his chest...been using this product for a couple months and i really dont see much change.....i feel powerless not being able to help him, you can only wash so many times a day.....

Doesn't really work
Reviewed on May 24, 2014

I've been using this product for a couple weeks now and I don't think it's doing much to my skin. But to be quite honest, I think my acne's getting worse, I've been getting pimples in places I have never had pimples on before :(

does not solve the main problem
Reviewed on May 16, 2014

I had mild but very persistent acne on my forehead and on my chin. I used every night for three months as advised by my dermatologist and it did not help at all. Made my skin more sensitive, flaky and dried it out. Although it did help to dry the big red pimples out faster then it would've been without it, it does not address the cause and did not keep me from breaking out more and more :(

If you have hormonal acne talk to your dermatologist about Diane 35. That's what made the change for me.

Extremely effective, but dries skin
Reviewed on April 2, 2014

This stuff works magic if you need something strong that will actually work for your acne. I had moderate acne and now after a few weeks while I still have some they are all extremely small, and have been reduced drastically. The biggest con is that it dries your skin A LOT, and it doesn't make it super red, but sometimes it gets itchy, which can be annoying. I would definitely say that the benefits outweigh the drying though, and would recommend it.

by BeccaPops on 04/18/2015 18:08
Did you put it on your entire face or just spots?