Page 5 of Clindamycin reviews

3.8/5 - 338 reviews

Clindamycin Hydrochloride equivalent to 75 mg, 150 mg or 300 mg of Clindamycin.

Inactive ingredients:
75 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate and talc; 150 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide; 300 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide.

Reviewed on November 14, 2012

great product ! I have been using clindets for a little over a year now and they work great for me. My acne on my face is gone, and now I'm starting to use them on my back and have been having great results. I would definitely recommend !

Reviewed on November 10, 2012

My doctor prescribed this, along with Retin-A after she gave me a skin test. My skin was said to be oily and sensitive. What a bad mix. I tried Clindamycin by squeezing a pea sized amount and rubbing over my face. It worked. It seriously felt over night. My acne was less noticeable, but not gone. Over time, the acne went away. Would recommend.

Reviewed on October 23, 2012

I have been using differin for my overall face and clindamycin phosphate gel for spot treatment for a month now, and so far the results have been awesome. I usually put the clindamycin on spots overnight over the differin, and it helps get rid of the huge ones overnight. I usually glob alot on the pimples, so I'm pretty sure that makes a bigger difference than using a thin film. I also use it in the morning on smaller pimples that I know won't come to a head as fast, since I don't want a huge whitehead on my face during the day haha Overall, alot of my pimples are gone and the inflamation of them have reduced. I am very prone to discoloration though, but the differin is supposed to help with that. Good luck for anyone who is gonna try this product!

Reviewed on October 18, 2012

I use clindamycin pads every morning after washing my face with Cetaphil cleanser and I have found it to be very effective on my skin. Over the last few weeks I have significantly less breakouts and my pimples are becoming less and less inflamed and fading away. I gave this product 5 stars because it is inexpensive and seems to really target the main problem of my breakouts. The only draw back to this product is that it is only available by prescription. Other than that, I cannot complain.

Reviewed on September 22, 2012

I have been using clindamycin gel for several weeks as prescribed by my doctor. She also prescribed tretinion 1%. . I used the clindamycin by itself for two weeks, as I was afraid the tretinion would make my acne worse at the onset and I had an important event to attend. So I decided to start the clindamycin by itself and then start the tretinion after my event. After two weeks of using ONLY clindamycin, my face has never looked worse. My face broke out worse than it ever has and I was very oily. I thought that using an antibiotic would clear my face, or at least do no harm but I was wrong. My acne is now inflamed, red, and sore. I will go back to my benzol peroxide treatment. Clindamycin did not work for me.

Reviewed on September 9, 2012

Works in complementing your oral medications, nightly topicals with this lightweight, effective day gel.

Put it on areas of active lesions. My must-have as anti-bacterial for pimples I pop. Heals popped pimples fast. Also used on papules and notice it helps to flatten, soften them.

On pustules, they harden quite well enough for gentle extraction with clindamycin very well.

Sometimes you even wonder if the clindamycin works because it's so gentle. Best thing for day-wear on active pimples. Expensive but 1 x 30g tube lasts me 3 months.

Reviewed on September 4, 2012

Everyone's skin is different and clindamycin just didnt work for mine :((

Reviewed on September 2, 2012

I am seventeen, but since i was twelve i have struggled and always felt self conscious with myself and it was the worst feeling in the world. my doctor prescribe this to me along with birth control. i dont know what role the bc plays but i can tell my skin has improved. i use a moisturized body wash and after my skin is fully dry add the gel( day and night). it is not made to get rid of any current acne you have but used to help prevent anymore. i still get new ones but i think it is bc i get lazy when it comes to washing my face and that is essential. i still have two more months for my regimen to determine if i need to be put on a stronger medication or not,

Reviewed on August 30, 2012

I've been dealing with moderate to severe acne since I was 13 (22 now). I've gone through every over the counter (Natural/Sialic Acid/Benzoyl Peroxide/ect.) and treatment plan (Proactiv/Skin ID) and nothing seemed to work. If fact, the expensive treatment plans made my face WORSE over time. Finally last week I was fed up and went to see a dermatologist. She prescribed me Clindamycin Phosphate Gel 1%, Tretin-X and Minocycline. So far I've only been able to get the Clindamycin, I'm waiting on the others. But as of a 6 day regiment of Oxy 10% Benzoyl Peroxide wash, waiting 15 mins, and a thin application of Clindamycin morning and night, I've noticed a HUGE difference. Even on day one I noticed the swelling was down of all the acne on my face within 30 mins. As I said, I've only been on this regiment for 6 days and my acne isn't completely gone, but it's far less sever, and I've got a lot more treatment ahead. The only negative side effect I noticed was on day four I used a small amount of Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizer and I had a mild flare up. It was gone by the morning though and unnoticeable after my morning wash. All-in-all I'd recommend anyone to ask their derm for this product. It's super effective and fast acting. The only thing I can argue is I have read about some people saying they used this treatment for a year+ and I can say, without a doubt, that's a bad idea. This product is a topical antibiotic and is not intended for prolonged use. So make sure you have a good treatment plan lined up with your derm to effectively fight off acne.

Reviewed on July 27, 2012

Been an acne sufferer since I was 11. I have cysts the size of pennies on my back and face. After I had my son my face got x2 as bad. I had welts and redness everywhere.

I finally had enough. Went to the doctor and since I am breast feeding I got prescribed Clindamycin and Benzol peroxide 5%.

What I do: I wash my face with a simple glycerin bar of soap or a sulfur + lanolin soap. I add the benzol peroxide and rub it in to my face. I wait until its completely dry then I add the Clindamycin gel. I also try to be in the sun for at least 5 minutes a day.

Its only been 3 days but my welts are gone and I feel like I can go out in public. I still have scarring and a blemish here and there, but MUCH better then the hard nodules I had. (hence the 4 star rating)

I have not been able to use it on my back since I just got a sunburn, but I will let you know.

I will update in a few weeks to let everyone know if it is still working.