Page 4 of Clindamycin reviews

3.7/5 - 349 reviews

Clindamycin Hydrochloride equivalent to 75 mg, 150 mg or 300 mg of Clindamycin.

Inactive ingredients:
75 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate and talc; 150 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide; 300 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide.

Perfect for me!
Reviewed on July 10, 2013

As a teen I always had perfect skin. It wasn't until I had joined the Marine Corps that I started suffering from breakouts. It started off as small zits on my chin and then turned into moderate acne. I was so embarrassed to go in public. I started wearing more makeup than I ver had to try and even my skin out. But nothing covers bumps. My doctor tried birth control since she felt my acne was due to hormone changes an stress I put on my body in the military. After that dis no good we tried benzoyl peroxide 10% cream and benzoyl peroxide 5% wash. My skin dried out and began to peel for months. We stopped the cream and started using Differen gel instead, as well as oral doxy. My skin did clear up mostly, but then I began to breakout on my back and chest. I added regular face wash from drug stores, and could barely keep it under control. Finally we decided to try clindamycin phosphate solution. I just wash my face with the benzoyl, and roll it on every night and morning. In three days I have seen a 95% clear up! I roll the solution on my back and chest, and nearly every pimple/zit has cleared!!! It may not work for everyone, but it was worth a chance!

Semi useful for a short period of time.
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

Clears acne somewhat until your skin gets resistant to the antibiotic. Not a long term solution.. and not a product that you should use alone and expect to get completely clear.

Great Product.
Reviewed on June 26, 2013

So i will give a little background about myself. i am an eighteen year old boy. Like many teens, i too started facing the problem of acne and it has been going on since perhaps a year and a half. I even underwent 5 month course of accutane which cleared up my skin pretty well. but my acne soon returned a few months later although this time they were much less severe than what i had before accutane. Say perhaps i would get a few pimples every month on random days which would leave behind marks. It was nothing very severe. But at any point of time i had marks left over from previous pimpes along with a few new pimples. Nothing too ugly, but nothing close to clear face. I would try new face creams, washes, gels etc every week or few weeks in the hope to completely get rid of acne. some would help temporarily, some wouldnt, some would worsen the acne, etc etc . Nothing helped me get rid of my mild to moderate acne completely. Then out of the 50 odd products i have tried over the past couple of years, i remembered this one my derm had suggested. "Clindamycin phosphate 1%". And i started using it as per the instructions.

First 2 weeks

Morning:

wash face with oil clearing cleanser.

Apply a thin layer of clindamycin on my cheeks ( since thats the only place i get acne). Not exactly a spot treatment. on the whole of cheeks ( even on places without acne)

Follow with a non clogging sunblock

night:

wash face with oil clearing cleanser

apply thin layer of clindamycin on cheeks

follow with light moisturizer.

When i started this regimen i had i think around 6-7 pimples. Not only did this regimen clear all those pimples up in the first two weeks. But it even prevented new acne from forming. ( I remember getting only a couple of small zits)

So by the end of week two i had "perfectly clear skin". yes i had a few leftover acne marks but no pimples whatsover.

Also, since i didnt want my skin to develop a resistance towards clindamycin. from week three onwards i started using clindamycin only once a day.

Week 3 to week 6

Morning

same as weeks 1 and 2

night:

oil clearing face wash

non clogging cream for acne marks

It was been six weeks now. My face is Clear :D I dont remember getting any major breakouts ever since i started using this product. My face has been completely clear since the last 4-5 weeks for perhaps the first time in a year.

Also it works on the marks, reducing its redness and darkness. though it doesnt completely remove the marks. but thats not its job anyway. There are different products for the marks.

So all in all, Great product. Works great on skin with mild or moderate acne. Dont know how it works on severe crystic acne though. Cheers

Helps!!!!
Reviewed on June 14, 2013

I've been on Clindamycin for over a year now. I use the roller one which looks like a bingo dabber. It lasts a very long time and has helped my hormonal acne tremendously. I also use a 10% benzo cream every few days. I have seen a dramatic reduction in my acne. For the people out there feeling helpless, I can sympathize. You will find what works best for you! Don't give up!

Works well in conjunction with another product.
Reviewed on June 14, 2013

It works pretty well with a medicated cleanser and a topical product like benzoyl peroxide. You also need a moisturizer since it dries out the skin.

Reviewed on May 6, 2013

I had somewhat bad acne and I used almost every product out there, I tried this product and it saved my face(:

Reviewed on May 2, 2013

I used a Clindamycin solution for my moderately severe acne about 10 years ago, and it was a miracle worker for me. After using almost every over-the-counter products, Proactiv and Murad, this stuff did the trick. I had flawless skin and would get tons of compliments, but now it does nothing for me. After years of using this product I've become resistant to it. It no longer works and my acne has flared up again. It is a great product, but just like most medications, your body becomes use to it and no longer does the trick. I would recommend it to people for mild to moderate acne.

Reviewed on April 10, 2013

If you have insurance, purchase this product! I tried proactive my sophomore year of high school to get rid of the few blackheads I had and my face blew up in pimples and blackheads. In all honesty, this stuff saved my face. I was skeptical it wouldn't work, but it did wonders. If your a girl and have to pile on foundation and concealer to hide acne and scaring, get this! After consistently using this for over a year, I only had to apply a translucent powder. It's like magic in a jar. Amazing.

Reviewed on March 25, 2013

Great product for acne- but not if you'd like to stay alive to be pretty with your clear skin. It took 6 months to get even remotely back to my old life and the anxiety occasionally lingers. I really messed up my stomach for 2 years and it's been a long time recovering. I'm finally doing better- 2 years later- but the time off was not worth the results. I use Azelex and Retin-A Micro 1% now and I feel amazing. Better results too IMHO