Page 3 of Clindamycin reviews

3.7/5 - 347 reviews

Clindamycin Hydrochloride equivalent to 75 mg, 150 mg or 300 mg of Clindamycin.

Inactive ingredients:
75 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate and talc; 150 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide; 300 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide.

Thank goodness for this!
Reviewed on November 9, 2013

I suffered from inflammatory pimples and my primary care doctor suggested the Clindamycin gel. I've been on it for a month and have not had another pimple since then! I got a few papules, but I think they were unrelated to the medication, because it's not supposed to cause an initial breakout. I love the gel because although it was itchy for a couple days, when you get used to it, it feels so cool and soothing and dries so quickly and transparently.

Ehh...
Reviewed on October 24, 2013

I tried using this and it didn't change anything. It smells gross and it's sticky. it didn't make my skin worse or better.

Definatly worth it
Reviewed on September 27, 2013

I started using it because I had not severe acne, but a lot of it. Unlike what is recommended I have dry skin so it was a little harder to stay hydrated. But it defiantly started to reduce redness, size, and the amount VERY quickly. It was strafe because I was used to feeling stinging or burning and it almost felt strange for it to work so well and not burn! One thing I didn't like was it did get worse before it got better, and I had to do a lot of exfoliating to remove dead skin. But u might not have that who knows:)

Helped me...for a few years
Reviewed on August 29, 2013

When i was about 11 or 12 years of age I had really bad acne in my T-zone at that point i had only tired proactive and the tea tree oil regime from The Body Shop which helped only a bit but did not get me clear. So when i went to my Dr she prescribed Clindamycin in the clindets form (which is like a wipe that gets rid of the bacteria that causes acne). I was around 13 or 14 when i started to use this prescription day and night with an over the counter Benzol Peroxide lotion. I swear it started working the first time i put it on, sure it did burn my eyes and my nose but i thought it was defiantly worth it cause I was clear within at least a month or two with maybe a couple pimples that would pop up when i forgot to apply it. Fortunately, due to this prescription i was clear throughout my whole high school years not having to wear makeup at all majority of the time which was a great feeling. But unfortunately, I got a bacteria resistance to this after 4 years of using it religiously and slowly my acne started to reappear but not as bad as it once had been (knock on wood). I do suggest trying this if you have the same kind of skin as mine : oily/ non-sensitive. But just remember this is NOT a cure! You're acne may come back after months or years of starting this.

THE BEST
Reviewed on August 29, 2013

I had terrible acne and it got rid of it FAST l put it on before i went to bed and in the morning my pimples were visibly smaller and in like 3 days they were gone <3 so i love love LOVE this

Works Great minus resistance
Reviewed on August 23, 2013

I used this gel for about 2 or 3 years. It took a few months to work at first, but it cleared my skin right up. However, it is VERY prone to bacterial resistance. The product slowly stopped working for me until it became completely useless. But just because it stopped working for me doesn't mean it will do that for everybody- it's worth a try if it's available to you.

didn't work at all
Reviewed on August 17, 2013

i was using the liquid solution and applied it twice a day for more than a month along with erasul cleanser (sulfur soap). i would say i have just wasted my money with this product coz there was absolutely NO IMPROVEMENT AT ALL!!! true it is that you will need a lot of damn patience but man! its been hell of a month!!! my derm just told me to switch to erythromycin which i think is pretty much the same thing with it. so yeah overall it never cleared up my acne and it even made it worse. but it doesnt mean that it wont work for you just because it didnt work for my skin. just give it a try if by all means youre frustrated. the decision is yours after all.

miracle for me
Reviewed on August 8, 2013

I have only been using this gel for about 1.5 months but it has really helped. in may/june i had severe acne. there were a couple cysts around my jawline that i could NEVER seem to get rid of... even with a clarisonic and different face washes. i started to use this in mid june and it is now early august and i am loving my skin! my skin will never be 100% clear due to scars and a couple of blemishes here and there but it has really helped. the acne that i have now is not nearly as bad! i have been getting compliments and im feeling way better about myself!

Perfect for me!
Reviewed on July 10, 2013

As a teen I always had perfect skin. It wasn't until I had joined the Marine Corps that I started suffering from breakouts. It started off as small zits on my chin and then turned into moderate acne. I was so embarrassed to go in public. I started wearing more makeup than I ver had to try and even my skin out. But nothing covers bumps. My doctor tried birth control since she felt my acne was due to hormone changes an stress I put on my body in the military. After that dis no good we tried benzoyl peroxide 10% cream and benzoyl peroxide 5% wash. My skin dried out and began to peel for months. We stopped the cream and started using Differen gel instead, as well as oral doxy. My skin did clear up mostly, but then I began to breakout on my back and chest. I added regular face wash from drug stores, and could barely keep it under control. Finally we decided to try clindamycin phosphate solution. I just wash my face with the benzoyl, and roll it on every night and morning. In three days I have seen a 95% clear up! I roll the solution on my back and chest, and nearly every pimple/zit has cleared!!! It may not work for everyone, but it was worth a chance!

Semi useful for a short period of time.
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

Clears acne somewhat until your skin gets resistant to the antibiotic. Not a long term solution.. and not a product that you should use alone and expect to get completely clear.