Page 2 of Clindamycin reviews

3.7/5 - 349 reviews

Clindamycin Hydrochloride equivalent to 75 mg, 150 mg or 300 mg of Clindamycin.

Inactive ingredients:
75 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate and talc; 150 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide; 300 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide.

Couldn't stand the feeling...
Reviewed on May 1, 2014

My derm. prescribed me a treatment of tretinoin at night and clindamycin in the morning. But honestly, this stuff made me feel so uncomfortable. It felt oily but didn't look oily, almost felt like there was a film over my face. I couldn't stand it and never used it long enough to see if it would work. This is maybe not helpful but yeah... Also I feel like my rating should reflect the effectiveness of the product and not the side effects so I'm giving it three stars since I have no idea if it works or not. Sorry. Um. (•_•;

Worked great for a while
Reviewed on March 16, 2014

I had some pretty nasty acne a year ago and my doctor prescribed me this with tretinoin gel (retin-a). I used the clindamycin in the morning and tretinoin at night my acne cleared up after 3 months of using this (started using on April) and I kept using this up to august then I stopped because my skin was clear and thought I didn't need it anymore, but I recently started breaking out bad again and i tried using this routine again but it doesn't work the same anymore :( guess I have to go to my doctor again and try something else.

Just like everything else I have tried.....
Reviewed on March 3, 2014

Unfortunately this product did not work for me. I was prescribed by my doctor and used it as directed with basically no results. I had a lot of skin irritation with it and quit using the product because it became so bad.

Be patient with this
Reviewed on February 28, 2014

I was prescribed this when I had a horrible breakout. I had huge cysts. My dermatologist said I would have to go on accutane if this didn't work. No amount of makeup could cover the huge bumps on my face. I used this with bactrim and Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel. I wash my face with cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. It took 4 weeks for me to see great results. My skin started feeling super soft (Idk if this was from the moisturizer or not). Now, 6 weeks after the first visit to the dermatologist, all I have left are 2-3 small pimples and some scars. I can wear makeup and no one would know that I had severe acne.

by icyyu on 05/09/2014 06:01
by icyyu on 05/09/2014 06:25
by icyyu on 05/09/2014 10:49
For me? Simply the best
Reviewed on February 25, 2014

I went to the Dermatologist for acne on my face. I'm a 40 year old male in fairly good shape. Yes my acne increases when I start to workout again. But its not just simple acne or pimples. For me, I get what appears to be blind pimples. I can literally feel the hard thing under my skin. By feeling it you would think it could be squeezed and popped and its over. But I cant get a head on them therefore it turns into a big red terrible looking thing. My Dr. gave me this script. It worked great. cleared my face right up. I used this stuff so sparingly because I cherished it. Re-fills were like gold to me. I highly recommend it.

Worked Better Than Anything Until It Stopped Working
Reviewed on February 19, 2014

This was the best cream I've ever used. I used it in conjunction with 2.5% BP. I would wash my face, let it dry, spot treat with BP and then wait 5-10 minutes and put Clindamycin over my face. It kept me fairly clear for months. Then one day it stopped working. I kept using it for a month hoping it would start working again but it didn't. I guess the bacteria on my face acclimated to it. All in all it worked well for six months. I tried it again about a year later hoping it would work but it didn't. I highly recommend you try it. It may work for you and it'll give you some good clear months. Just don't expect it to be a long term fix.

I've since moved on to a bunch of other products, all of which worked for short periods of time or didn't work at all. I started Accutane a month ago. Time for a permanent (I hope!) fix.

so far so good
Reviewed on February 7, 2014

I've only been using this product for two days and so far so good. Nothing has helped my acne accept this. In only two nights my face is less red and smoother and pimples are more flat. Only thing about this is it's making my face dry and I normally have really oily skin. I read reviews that this made their acne worse before better and I'm hoping that doesn't happen to me. I have a vacation to go to in a month and a half and hoping my skin is clearer before the trip.. no. Girl wants to wear foundation on the beach lol. So far I love this product and hope it continues to work !

Decent
Reviewed on January 29, 2014

This is very drying the first month or so if you haven't used any sort of topical cream or BP product. My acne hasn't improved completely but I've only been on it a little over a month. I'd say it's 40% improved. I did experience an initial breakout. Pretty embarrassing but what can you do. I've noticed it isn't great on active acne..it seems to make pimples last longer for some reason. Most of my pimples eventually come to a head but the past month, most of them don't. It's like painful for 2 days and I keep expecting it to come to a head so I can pop it but it just slowly shrinks..it seems to take a week or more to go away. So I've been trying to only put it on areas I'm not currently breaking out.

by kbattgirl on 06/22/2014 19:02
i am a nurse and wanted to let you know that you should never pop a pimple because it will spread the bacteria from the pimple and it will cause scarring. The Clindamyacin is doing its job by shrinking the pimple and making it go away.
Zit zapper!
Reviewed on January 27, 2014

My dermatologist asked me all the products I've used and the products in my skin care routine, I ended up using 35 products and I had 7 in my routine,now with clindamycin there are only 3 in my routine.

Moderate to severe acne: my miracle product!
Reviewed on January 25, 2014

I've always struggled with acne, but when I hit age 27, it flared up again... worse than ever. Whiteheads, blackheads, cystic zits all over my chin, and 'rashy looking' little zits on my cheeks. I tried Tretinoin 0.05% and 0.1% for over a year with very little results. I remembered using this as a teen, and my dermatologist prescribed it to me about 3 weeks ago... save for the occasional pimple here and there, my skin is FINALLY clearing up!

My only complaint is that Clindamycin isn't a stand alone product. It does very little for blackheads/whiteheads and you may become immune after a while. Use in conjunction with another topical at night.