Page 2 of Clindamycin reviews

3.8/5 - 344 reviews

Clindamycin Hydrochloride equivalent to 75 mg, 150 mg or 300 mg of Clindamycin.

Inactive ingredients:
75 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate and talc; 150 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide; 300 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide.

Worked Better Than Anything Until It Stopped Working
Reviewed on February 19, 2014

This was the best cream I've ever used. I used it in conjunction with 2.5% BP. I would wash my face, let it dry, spot treat with BP and then wait 5-10 minutes and put Clindamycin over my face. It kept me fairly clear for months. Then one day it stopped working. I kept using it for a month hoping it would start working again but it didn't. I guess the bacteria on my face acclimated to it. All in all it worked well for six months. I tried it again about a year later hoping it would work but it didn't. I highly recommend you try it. It may work for you and it'll give you some good clear months. Just don't expect it to be a long term fix.

I've since moved on to a bunch of other products, all of which worked for short periods of time or didn't work at all. I started Accutane a month ago. Time for a permanent (I hope!) fix.

so far so good
Reviewed on February 7, 2014

I've only been using this product for two days and so far so good. Nothing has helped my acne accept this. In only two nights my face is less red and smoother and pimples are more flat. Only thing about this is it's making my face dry and I normally have really oily skin. I read reviews that this made their acne worse before better and I'm hoping that doesn't happen to me. I have a vacation to go to in a month and a half and hoping my skin is clearer before the trip.. no. Girl wants to wear foundation on the beach lol. So far I love this product and hope it continues to work !

Decent
Reviewed on January 29, 2014

This is very drying the first month or so if you haven't used any sort of topical cream or BP product. My acne hasn't improved completely but I've only been on it a little over a month. I'd say it's 40% improved. I did experience an initial breakout. Pretty embarrassing but what can you do. I've noticed it isn't great on active acne..it seems to make pimples last longer for some reason. Most of my pimples eventually come to a head but the past month, most of them don't. It's like painful for 2 days and I keep expecting it to come to a head so I can pop it but it just slowly shrinks..it seems to take a week or more to go away. So I've been trying to only put it on areas I'm not currently breaking out.

by kbattgirl on 06/22/2014 19:02
i am a nurse and wanted to let you know that you should never pop a pimple because it will spread the bacteria from the pimple and it will cause scarring. The Clindamyacin is doing its job by shrinking the pimple and making it go away.
Zit zapper!
Reviewed on January 27, 2014

My dermatologist asked me all the products I've used and the products in my skin care routine, I ended up using 35 products and I had 7 in my routine,now with clindamycin there are only 3 in my routine.

Moderate to severe acne: my miracle product!
Reviewed on January 25, 2014

I've always struggled with acne, but when I hit age 27, it flared up again... worse than ever. Whiteheads, blackheads, cystic zits all over my chin, and 'rashy looking' little zits on my cheeks. I tried Tretinoin 0.05% and 0.1% for over a year with very little results. I remembered using this as a teen, and my dermatologist prescribed it to me about 3 weeks ago... save for the occasional pimple here and there, my skin is FINALLY clearing up!

My only complaint is that Clindamycin isn't a stand alone product. It does very little for blackheads/whiteheads and you may become immune after a while. Use in conjunction with another topical at night.

teen with moderate acne
Reviewed on January 13, 2014

Hey everybody . I had moderate acne and i wanted it to be gone so fast . So i went to my dermatologist soeto MD and he prescribed me some capsules (the cure ) clyndamicin lotion and an acne cream . I can tell it worked . I now how have mild acne acne

The only thing that has worked for me
Reviewed on December 11, 2013

I am a 40+ woman who has suffered from acne since mid 20's. This is the only thing that ever truly cleared my skin. Over the counter products have helped, but finally a dermatologist prescribed for me the clindamycin 1% LOTION. I used it for about a year. No redness or side effects, and over time it stopped my skin from breaking out. I followed my derms instructions of just putting a VERY light (hardly any) but even coat all over my entire face 2x a day. She said put it on right after washing the skin, let it sit for a few minutes, and then put anything else you want on (it can go under moisturizer, under makeup, even under other acne products) At first I still used my other products but over time as those ran out and my skin was looking good, I stopped using everything but this. Now that it has been a year and my skin has basically cleared, my derm wants me to try to go off of it. I have been off for two months. My skin looked great for several weeks after stopping it, but now I see very small blemishes starting to come back and I kind of "feel" that under the surface "oh no" feeling on my skin. So I am going to go back to her and ask her to start me on it again. I'm not sure why she wanted me to try go off of it? This product for me does exactly one thing but it does it well. It does not do anything for skin texture and it does not get rid of past scars or discoloration. But it does prevent future breakouts and so if you use it consistently and follow directions (don't use too much, and don't skip applications) it does clear the skin over time.

Thank goodness for this!
Reviewed on November 9, 2013

I suffered from inflammatory pimples and my primary care doctor suggested the Clindamycin gel. I've been on it for a month and have not had another pimple since then! I got a few papules, but I think they were unrelated to the medication, because it's not supposed to cause an initial breakout. I love the gel because although it was itchy for a couple days, when you get used to it, it feels so cool and soothing and dries so quickly and transparently.

Ehh...
Reviewed on October 24, 2013

I tried using this and it didn't change anything. It smells gross and it's sticky. it didn't make my skin worse or better.

Definatly worth it
Reviewed on September 27, 2013

I started using it because I had not severe acne, but a lot of it. Unlike what is recommended I have dry skin so it was a little harder to stay hydrated. But it defiantly started to reduce redness, size, and the amount VERY quickly. It was strafe because I was used to feeling stinging or burning and it almost felt strange for it to work so well and not burn! One thing I didn't like was it did get worse before it got better, and I had to do a lot of exfoliating to remove dead skin. But u might not have that who knows:)