Clindamycin reviews

3.7/5 - 355 reviews
Clindamycin

Clindamycin Hydrochloride equivalent to 75 mg, 150 mg or 300 mg of Clindamycin.

Inactive ingredients:
75 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate and talc; 150 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide; 300 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide.

ineffective
Reviewed on March 14, 2015

This did absolutely nothing for me after 2 months. I ended up having to switch to another antibiotic.

Gets rid of hormonal acne/ black heads
Reviewed on February 18, 2015

I used the liquid solution manufactured by GREENSTONE LIMITED.

This is the real deal here. Doc gave it to me 2 years ago, and it cleared up my hormonal acne. The hormonal acne was in the entire area of the chin and bottom jaw area with areas scattered further up but never reaching the cheeks. It was almost all blackheads too. This chin acne was my last "wave" of acne, so to speak. Clindamycin got rid of the cherry on the top. I applied it in the morning, sometimes day time, and then at night time. Generally, it took some time to work. Within 3 months, the acne was beginning to clear up. In 1 year of use (also with retin-A cream), my face stopped suffering. Occasionally I will get a pimple here and there but this is avoidable. Clindamycin rids of the pimple in 1-2 days. I think this is a good product to use when you have treated most of your acne from previous years, but either way, try this out.

Lastly, if this doesn't work, keep looking. And a tip that might help: never put your face on pillows or clothing, desks; nothing. Never put your hands to your face either. Don't let people touch your face as well. It truly works, even just a bit.

by Susu3456 on 05/16/2015 05:35
Are you supposed to leave Clindamycin Phosphate Gel USP 1% to dry on your face or do I have to wash it off
Eh its okay
Reviewed on February 18, 2015

Ive used this medication in the past with another medication called Retin-A. My doctor prescribed it to me and I used it in the morning. I got this medication in a lotion form so it moisturized my face for me. But my face looked so dang oily thats what i hated about using it. It did help fight the bacteria on my face. My acne got cleared within 2 weeks mainly because of the Retin-a. Ive tried using this medication by itself doesnt work for me.

Works, but not for long - try Benzaclin instead
Reviewed on February 6, 2015

For the first 4-5 months I used this, I saw some (but not total) clearance of my moderate acne. However, around month 6 it seemed to completely stop working. My dermatologist encouraged me to stick with it for YEARS (in conjuction with other treatments), even though all it seemed to be doing was making my skin dry. Eventually, I stopped using it because it did not seem to be helping my acne at all.

After the fact, I read research papers showing that acne bacteria starts to develop a resistance to this topical as early as 6 weeks into use. So, while you may see some clearance with this product, it will eventually stop working.

However, I think it's worth noting that many studies have shown that benzoyl peroxide can prevent the emergence of antibiotic-resistant acne, so I would recommend trying Benzaclin. The combination of benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin should keep your skin from becoming resistant to treatment for much longer then the clindamycin alone.

Risky
Reviewed on February 3, 2015

i'm using the topical pads, which is similar to the topical gel. i've noticed, when used consistently it works amazing! nothing has ever cleared my skin before, and for the first time in a long time most of my pimples dried out (leaving the skin extremely dry).

BUT- huge downside. i got lazy and stopped rubbing the pads on my chin and my jawline; and i broke out worse then ever before in those places. i never broke out like this, cystic terrible acne that hurts. now i'm terrified to go off these pads.

Dries pimples a lot faster, however dries out skin
Reviewed on November 30, 2014

Used clindamycin solution for about 2 weeks. I noticed that it dries out active pimples a lot faster than if you were to leave them alone, but it also makes your skin really dry because of the alcohol content.

3/5
Reviewed on October 20, 2014

I have mild, inflamed acne between my eyebrows, which consist of three to four acne cysts. I use this with retin a, and antibiotics for my acne. The first week, all my cysts were completely gone and the bumpy complexion I had was now smooth. Your dermatologist would likely say you wouldn't see results immediately, but trust me, you really do. About 2 weeks in, the Retin A caused me to breakout, so I put some of this stuff on but all of a sudden it stopped working. Not sure why, but maybe now it will take time to see results. I'll update my situation in 3 weeks or so.

Didnt work long term
Reviewed on October 10, 2014

Like the title says: didnt work long term. The first 3 months my skin looked great but then my body adjusted and it was as if I was doing nothing at all

by Kay789 on 01/31/2015 00:47
My experience exactly.
this product works!
Reviewed on September 5, 2014

I just stumble from this product when I was buying something form mercury drug. Mine was a glass roll on type clindamycin phosphate with vitamin E. It's named SOS (Save our skin) manufactured from the Ph. Only cost a hundred pesos / 2$. But it really work for me! I can manage my pimples with this. There was a time that I got a huge inflaming pimple on my forehead, I tried to pop it then after the bleeding stops I put some solution on my clean fingers then spot it on my pimple. As it dries I put another solution to it. I tried to put other treatments that I have but nothing works. I was so desperate coz I cant hide it with my make up anymore coz the bump is so big. :( I noticed when I stick to clindamycin sooner it shrink its size. I was so happy! I tried to continue the procedure and keep my hands clean to be free from further infection while I do the spotting. Now im always making sure that I have a socks and won't run out of this product. Since then it made me believe that this product works!

works on smaller pimple
Reviewed on September 4, 2014

I tried to use this before I'm trying to get pregnant so Retinol is not my option. This can be too drying if I use it for longer than 2 days. I can only use it as spot treatment. And it works on smaller pimples. It does absolutely nothing on big cystic acne.

by SteveO86 on 10/19/2014 21:07
I agree that it works best for spot treatment but not as good for large area acne especially since the alcohol tends to dry my skin. Benzoyl peroxide wash works great to large area acne as well as preventing new acne.
by SteveO86 on 10/19/2014 21:14