Clindamycin reviews

3.8/5 - 344 reviews

Clindamycin Hydrochloride equivalent to 75 mg, 150 mg or 300 mg of Clindamycin.

Inactive ingredients:
75 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate and talc; 150 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide; 300 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide.

Mild cystic acne begone!
Reviewed on July 7, 2014

Clindamycin, my old friend. I had some cystic bacne in high school, a few constant spots, and mild facial acne. This cleared my back right up, but didn't really do anything for my face. I would recommend for mild cystic acne ( though those words seem contradictory, mild cystic), but not for regular whiteheads/ prevention.

Works great for adult cystic acne
Reviewed on June 22, 2014

I am 45 years old and have been using this for about 5 years now. I also take spirinolactone (a pill) which helps with acne breakouts around the chin and mouth. I never had bad acne as a teenager, but as I approached my 40th b-day, I started to get these nasty cyst like pimples on my chin that hurt before you could even see anything. I went to the dermatologist and she prescribed Clindamyacin and Sprinolactone, these two together have almost completely cleared up my skin. I also use the Dermatologica line of skin care products which have also made a huge difference in my skin. I use their face wash, moisturizer, and an exfoliator 3 times a week (exfoliation is extremely important to get rid of the dead skin and oil and bacteria that get trapped in your pores). My skin has never looked better!

great for minor acne
Reviewed on June 14, 2014

I loved this stuff, my friend had gave it to me prescribed from her Doc. and i have very sensitive , dry skin and it didnt make my pimples go away for like a couple weeks to a month (with facial wash) plus it made my skin feel soft and smooth

by kbattgirl on 06/22/2014 18:41
I am a nurse and I don't want to be a killjoy but you should never use prescription medication that has been prescribed for someone else. You could have an allergic reaction to something (and allergic reactions can vary from mild to life threatening). In the future, it would be in your best interest to go to your doctor and ask for the same medication that your friend is using instead of using leftover medication from a friend. ; )
Useless for any serious acne
Reviewed on June 13, 2014

I was on Clindamycin August 2013 until October 17th, and of all the treatments I tried this was the least effective. You could skip a whole two weeks while on this medicine and nothing would seem different, I understand it is effective on very minor acne sufferers, but if you have more than 3-5 active pimples and they seem persistent I would recommend something more effective.

so far so good
Reviewed on May 25, 2014

So three months ago, I started to break out with a few big and small pimples. I started an OTC remedy with cerave face wash and benzoyl peroxide, also tried tea tree oil and other topical ointments. Nothing worked my acne was becoming more severe and leaving terrible hyperpigmentation.

I went to my doctor who prescribed me 1. Clindamycin Phosphate Swabs 2. Retin-A 3. Minoclycin 50mg pills.

My Regimen:

Morning:

1. Take Minoclycin with 1 full glass of water before breakfast.

2. Wash with cold water and cera-ve

3. Wait 20 minutes, apply Clindamycin Phosphate Swab

4. Wait another 30 minutes, apply benzoyl peroxide and then finish with sunscreen moisturizer (cera-ve)

Night:

1.Take Minoclycin pill before dinner

2. Wash cold water and cerave

3. Wait 20 minutes, apply Clindamycin Phosphate Swab

4. Wait another 30 minutes, apply Retin-a thin amount.

**do not apply bp with retin-a

So far so good, its been a week and a half and no new pimples. I feel a tiny one coming in but it feels under control. I find the clindamycin to sting and become sticky and also my skin/pimple scars becomes a little red. I am not sure how much to put on... Usually one or two swabs for the affected area.

I also recommend using this as a cleaning spot treatment after you pop AND only if you MUST pop. Don't pop the infection spreads this is what happened to me!

Eat healthy, eliminate anything that might interfere with your body like caffeine, soda, alcohol and sugar. I also recommend to drink a lot of water make it a goal to drink a lot it really helps in detoxing the body from bacteria and toxins. Be positive, don't overdo your skin regimen and don't stress!! Stress definitely causes more.

Couldn't stand the feeling...
Reviewed on May 1, 2014

My derm. prescribed me a treatment of tretinoin at night and clindamycin in the morning. But honestly, this stuff made me feel so uncomfortable. It felt oily but didn't look oily, almost felt like there was a film over my face. I couldn't stand it and never used it long enough to see if it would work. This is maybe not helpful but yeah... Also I feel like my rating should reflect the effectiveness of the product and not the side effects so I'm giving it three stars since I have no idea if it works or not. Sorry. Um. (•_•;

Worked great for a while
Reviewed on March 16, 2014

I had some pretty nasty acne a year ago and my doctor prescribed me this with tretinoin gel (retin-a). I used the clindamycin in the morning and tretinoin at night my acne cleared up after 3 months of using this (started using on April) and I kept using this up to august then I stopped because my skin was clear and thought I didn't need it anymore, but I recently started breaking out bad again and i tried using this routine again but it doesn't work the same anymore :( guess I have to go to my doctor again and try something else.

Just like everything else I have tried.....
Reviewed on March 3, 2014

Unfortunately this product did not work for me. I was prescribed by my doctor and used it as directed with basically no results. I had a lot of skin irritation with it and quit using the product because it became so bad.

Be patient with this
Reviewed on February 28, 2014

I was prescribed this when I had a horrible breakout. I had huge cysts. My dermatologist said I would have to go on accutane if this didn't work. No amount of makeup could cover the huge bumps on my face. I used this with bactrim and Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel. I wash my face with cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. It took 4 weeks for me to see great results. My skin started feeling super soft (Idk if this was from the moisturizer or not). Now, 6 weeks after the first visit to the dermatologist, all I have left are 2-3 small pimples and some scars. I can wear makeup and no one would know that I had severe acne.

by icyyu on 05/09/2014 06:01
by icyyu on 05/09/2014 06:25
by icyyu on 05/09/2014 10:49
For me? Simply the best
Reviewed on February 25, 2014

I went to the Dermatologist for acne on my face. I'm a 40 year old male in fairly good shape. Yes my acne increases when I start to workout again. But its not just simple acne or pimples. For me, I get what appears to be blind pimples. I can literally feel the hard thing under my skin. By feeling it you would think it could be squeezed and popped and its over. But I cant get a head on them therefore it turns into a big red terrible looking thing. My Dr. gave me this script. It worked great. cleared my face right up. I used this stuff so sparingly because I cherished it. Re-fills were like gold to me. I highly recommend it.