Clindamycin reviews

3.7/5 - 358 reviews

Clindamycin Hydrochloride equivalent to 75 mg, 150 mg or 300 mg of Clindamycin.

Inactive ingredients:
75 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate and talc; 150 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide; 300 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide.

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

If this doesn't work within at LEAST 3 months, stop using it.
Reviewed on July 10, 2015

My doctor gave this to me a long time ago, and a few weeks ago I had to stop using it because I was going to the beach (this gel is known to have bad side-effects if you're in the sun for too long) and during that week at the beach, I could only use my Tazorac night cream for acne. When I got back home after the trip I noticed my skin was actually clearer. I wasn't expecting that AT ALL, since I didn't use it there. I began using it again since I was no longer at the beach and I broke out like CRAZY on my left cheek. I stopped using it that entire month after that breakout, and my acne is almost gone.

This gel is NOT for every skin type, even if you have the mildest of acne. Please, ask your doctor if this is the right medication for you. My doctor soon gave me another gel and my face is doing a lot better than the past months with this stupid "medication".

Nothing really
Reviewed on September 6, 2015

Made my skin very red and didn't control new outbreaks or give me the results I was looking for.

problem pimples only
Reviewed on May 28, 2015

works well but completely destroys the skin around the pimple, only use for on the problem pimple

by Sachin9873 on 07/10/2015 10:11
Exactly, dark mark has now appeared of the exact same shape of how i applied my clindamycin and nicotinamide gel.
Reviewed on March 14, 2015

This did absolutely nothing for me after 2 months. I ended up having to switch to another antibiotic.

Gets rid of hormonal acne/ black heads
Reviewed on February 18, 2015

I used the liquid solution manufactured by GREENSTONE LIMITED.

This is the real deal here. Doc gave it to me 2 years ago, and it cleared up my hormonal acne. The hormonal acne was in the entire area of the chin and bottom jaw area with areas scattered further up but never reaching the cheeks. It was almost all blackheads too. This chin acne was my last "wave" of acne, so to speak. Clindamycin got rid of the cherry on the top. I applied it in the morning, sometimes day time, and then at night time. Generally, it took some time to work. Within 3 months, the acne was beginning to clear up. In 1 year of use (also with retin-A cream), my face stopped suffering. Occasionally I will get a pimple here and there but this is avoidable. Clindamycin rids of the pimple in 1-2 days. I think this is a good product to use when you have treated most of your acne from previous years, but either way, try this out.

Lastly, if this doesn't work, keep looking. And a tip that might help: never put your face on pillows or clothing, desks; nothing. Never put your hands to your face either. Don't let people touch your face as well. It truly works, even just a bit.

by Susu3456 on 05/16/2015 05:35
Are you supposed to leave Clindamycin Phosphate Gel USP 1% to dry on your face or do I have to wash it off
Eh its okay
Reviewed on February 18, 2015

Ive used this medication in the past with another medication called Retin-A. My doctor prescribed it to me and I used it in the morning. I got this medication in a lotion form so it moisturized my face for me. But my face looked so dang oily thats what i hated about using it. It did help fight the bacteria on my face. My acne got cleared within 2 weeks mainly because of the Retin-a. Ive tried using this medication by itself doesnt work for me.

Works, but not for long - try Benzaclin instead
Reviewed on February 6, 2015

For the first 4-5 months I used this, I saw some (but not total) clearance of my moderate acne. However, around month 6 it seemed to completely stop working. My dermatologist encouraged me to stick with it for YEARS (in conjuction with other treatments), even though all it seemed to be doing was making my skin dry. Eventually, I stopped using it because it did not seem to be helping my acne at all.

After the fact, I read research papers showing that acne bacteria starts to develop a resistance to this topical as early as 6 weeks into use. So, while you may see some clearance with this product, it will eventually stop working.

However, I think it's worth noting that many studies have shown that benzoyl peroxide can prevent the emergence of antibiotic-resistant acne, so I would recommend trying Benzaclin. The combination of benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin should keep your skin from becoming resistant to treatment for much longer then the clindamycin alone.

Reviewed on February 3, 2015

i'm using the topical pads, which is similar to the topical gel. i've noticed, when used consistently it works amazing! nothing has ever cleared my skin before, and for the first time in a long time most of my pimples dried out (leaving the skin extremely dry).

BUT- huge downside. i got lazy and stopped rubbing the pads on my chin and my jawline; and i broke out worse then ever before in those places. i never broke out like this, cystic terrible acne that hurts. now i'm terrified to go off these pads.

Dries pimples a lot faster, however dries out skin
Reviewed on November 30, 2014

Used clindamycin solution for about 2 weeks. I noticed that it dries out active pimples a lot faster than if you were to leave them alone, but it also makes your skin really dry because of the alcohol content.

Reviewed on October 20, 2014

I have mild, inflamed acne between my eyebrows, which consist of three to four acne cysts. I use this with retin a, and antibiotics for my acne. The first week, all my cysts were completely gone and the bumpy complexion I had was now smooth. Your dermatologist would likely say you wouldn't see results immediately, but trust me, you really do. About 2 weeks in, the Retin A caused me to breakout, so I put some of this stuff on but all of a sudden it stopped working. Not sure why, but maybe now it will take time to see results. I'll update my situation in 3 weeks or so.