Clindamycin reviews

3.7/5 - 371 reviews

Clindamycin

Clindamycin Hydrochloride equivalent to 75 mg, 150 mg or 300 mg of Clindamycin.

Inactive ingredients:
75 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate and talc; 150 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide; 300 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide.

Didn't work for me
Reviewed on June 24, 2017

I have been struggling with acne on my face, back and chest for around 5 years (12 to 17) and this product was the first thing my doctor prescribed. This gave me an IB that lasted for about 3 weeks and then my skin returned to what it had been before I started. Nevertheless, I continued use until I found that my skin had become super sensitive to pretty much everything. I started getting pimples everywhere - in places I had never had them before. I finally stopped clindamycin after 3 months when my skin just kept on getting worse and worse.

At first skeptical, but it works!!
Reviewed on June 16, 2017

I am struggling with acne since 2013 until now. It is a combination of cystic acne and nodules and almost all of my breakouts are containing pus; which hurts af. Besides that, my acne is also triggered badly by stress and PMS. So last month, I was trying to use Tidact, another alternative for Clindamycin as it also contains 11.9mg of Clidamycin Phosphate. However, when I first bought it I wore it a few times and stopped because there is no effect whatsoever on my breakouts. I am desperate to find a quick solution. Within the past few weeks, my acne on jawlines and below the chin got worser and worser. I have tried almost everything. Honey, turmeric, lemon, sea salt water. You name it. But no avail. So I'm giving Tidact another shot and wore it continuously for 2 weeks; one time in the morning under my makeup and one time at night. And currently yeah, it works! The breakouts are starting to diminish and leaving only the red, flat acne scars!

If you want to use this product, believe me; patience is the key. :) In one of the successful review, it takes 6 months to banish acne completely by using this product. It also works well with gentle facial cleansers such as Cetaphil. For the acne scars I am using Bio-Oil as it works well for me.

Working For Me
Reviewed on December 31, 2016

So I have mild acne--whiteheads on my forehead and on my chin, and also a few cysts here and there on my chin.

I had been using proactive for about 5 years, and it worked, but over the past few months or so the proactive just stopped working. I would get a new cyst weekly, and it would be so painful. I finally scheduled an appointment with the dermatologist and he prescribed clindamycin (the watery solution).

The first week I used it, I got a terrible breakout. It's as if all the acne that was "dormant" suddenly erupted, and my face was full of cysts and acne and it was the absolute worst it had ever been.

But then after about two weeks it started to get better.

Right now, my face is more or less completely clear, the spots are clearing up, I don't have any cysts, and I'm even noticing that my hyperpigmentation is getting better (maybe that's because of my vitamin E pills, I don't know).

So yeah, I've only been on clindamycin for about three weeks now but my face is finally back to normal for the time being.

As the dermatologist told me, "It will get worse before it gets better. Expect to see results in 2-3 months."

OILY-ER THAN BEFORE!!!!
Reviewed on November 8, 2016

This stuff does NOT work. I have oily prone skin and this actually has made it even worse!!!! I can't even wear makeup now because my makeup almost melts off my skin and it's disgusting. Even when I use this and go makeup free it STILL makes my skin oily and breakout even more. Ugh so frustrating :(

Zindaclin works fast!
Reviewed on October 10, 2016

Hi folks! Just started using zindaclin, which was prescribed by my gp on Wednesday, and since then I have noticed that my spots have diminished considerably - there's only one left on my nose but I'm sure that'll go soon, too. However, I am still left with a lot of inflammation (I have inflammatory acne) but I hope that the gel will address that as well but I can't complain, as It is working so well on my skin, aside from the drying effect but I use a good moisturiser so it's not that bad.

At this point, I am confident that it will control my acne and help reduce the inflammation in combination with lymecycline (also on prescription) but it's way too early to be commenting on the effect(s) of the latter as I've only been taking it for a few days.

Anyway, zindaclin definitely works at getting rid of spots, and I highly recommend it to all those who have papules and pustules like me.

It works!
Reviewed on July 9, 2016

I recently started using this in combination with other things to combat moderate inflammatory acne after taking oral steroids for a medical condition. It has really helped the inflammation! I know this is a temporary fix, but hopefully my other treatments will kick in before this stops working (Tretinoin, Spironolactone, Finacea, Ortho-Cyclen). Highly recommend the Fougera Clindamycin Gel (non-comedogenic), but be careful of the Lotions, they often include pore clogging ingredients!

Made my face greasy and waxy feeling, hated it
Reviewed on June 18, 2016

This is NOT for people who have oily skin. I saw absolutely NO improvement and every time i used it, my skin became greasy and waxy feeling. It was absolutely disgusting. It made my already oily skin even worse.

Still new but not feeling it
Reviewed on June 3, 2016

My doctor prescribed this to me to use in the morning for my bacne. At the time my back was doing ok. It's only been three days and my back has honestly gotten worse. I'm supposed to use this in conjunction with Minocycline and a benzoyl peroxide wash and that I should give it at least 8 weeks to see results. I'm really hoping that this is a "its gonna get worse before it gets better" situation cause cystic pimples along the bra strap during summer are the biggest pain. Literally. :/

Reviewed on May 17, 2016

I used to use it and was breaking out like crazy which I thought was due to hormones, but it never seemed to clear me up at all.

Good but not great
Reviewed on April 30, 2016

Was on it for 9 months along with doxycycline and had somewhat clear skin for 4 months in-between.Works pretty well for cystic acne.