Clindamycin reviews

3.7/5 - 347 reviews

Clindamycin Hydrochloride equivalent to 75 mg, 150 mg or 300 mg of Clindamycin.

Inactive ingredients:
75 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate and talc; 150 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C yellow no. 5, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide; 300 mg-corn starch, FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and titanium dioxide.

this product works!
Reviewed on September 5, 2014

I just stumble from this product when I was buying something form mercury drug. Mine was a glass roll on type clindamycin phosphate with vitamin E. It's named SOS (Save our skin) manufactured from the Ph. Only cost a hundred pesos / 2$. But it really work for me! I can manage my pimples with this. There was a time that I got a huge inflaming pimple on my forehead, I tried to pop it then after the bleeding stops I put some solution on my clean fingers then spot it on my pimple. As it dries I put another solution to it. I tried to put other treatments that I have but nothing works. I was so desperate coz I cant hide it with my make up anymore coz the bump is so big. :( I noticed when I stick to clindamycin sooner it shrink its size. I was so happy! I tried to continue the procedure and keep my hands clean to be free from further infection while I do the spotting. Now im always making sure that I have a socks and won't run out of this product. Since then it made me believe that this product works!

works on smaller pimple
Reviewed on September 4, 2014

I tried to use this before I'm trying to get pregnant so Retinol is not my option. This can be too drying if I use it for longer than 2 days. I can only use it as spot treatment. And it works on smaller pimples. It does absolutely nothing on big cystic acne.

Made my acne the worst it has ever been
Reviewed on August 4, 2014

My dermatologist prescribed Clindamycin lotion for my upper back and shoulders to be applied twice daily. I continued this regimen for 3 weeks before giving up on it. Had it simply done nothing, I would have been patient and waited longer to see if there would be results. However, my initially mild acne became increasingly worse every.single.day. The acne increased in number of pustules, frequency with which new pustules emerged, and the location of the pustules. They are now covering my ENTIRE back and sides, my shoulders spreading to half of my upper arms, the front and back of my neck, and even a few on my stomach. They are small, and mostly on the surface, yet still painful because there are so many. Some are a bit bigger and deeper in the skin than what was usual for my acne. It has been five days since I stopped using the Clindamycin lotion. The acne, unfortunately, has not yet receded. I started using an over-the-counter lotion with salicylic acid, which I used to use regularly. I'm going to try shower gel with salicylic acid as well (another product I used to use regularly). I am hoping that the damage from this product can be undone.

Although my experience with Clindamycin was awful, that is not to say that the product is awful. It will depend on your skin and your acne needs. However, it is helpful to know that this kind of negative effect CAN happen and if it happens to you, you might want to consider talking to your prescribing doctor about stopping the medication sooner rather than later.

by bitto on 09/07/2014 08:05
You will see the result after 6 to 8 weeks. You have to use it continuously. Use very little at a time. Then continue using it even after acne gets better.
Mild cystic acne begone!
Reviewed on July 7, 2014

Clindamycin, my old friend. I had some cystic bacne in high school, a few constant spots, and mild facial acne. This cleared my back right up, but didn't really do anything for my face. I would recommend for mild cystic acne ( though those words seem contradictory, mild cystic), but not for regular whiteheads/ prevention.

Works great for adult cystic acne
Reviewed on June 22, 2014

I am 45 years old and have been using this for about 5 years now. I also take spirinolactone (a pill) which helps with acne breakouts around the chin and mouth. I never had bad acne as a teenager, but as I approached my 40th b-day, I started to get these nasty cyst like pimples on my chin that hurt before you could even see anything. I went to the dermatologist and she prescribed Clindamyacin and Sprinolactone, these two together have almost completely cleared up my skin. I also use the Dermatologica line of skin care products which have also made a huge difference in my skin. I use their face wash, moisturizer, and an exfoliator 3 times a week (exfoliation is extremely important to get rid of the dead skin and oil and bacteria that get trapped in your pores). My skin has never looked better!

great for minor acne
Reviewed on June 14, 2014

I loved this stuff, my friend had gave it to me prescribed from her Doc. and i have very sensitive , dry skin and it didnt make my pimples go away for like a couple weeks to a month (with facial wash) plus it made my skin feel soft and smooth

by kbattgirl on 06/22/2014 18:41
I am a nurse and I don't want to be a killjoy but you should never use prescription medication that has been prescribed for someone else. You could have an allergic reaction to something (and allergic reactions can vary from mild to life threatening). In the future, it would be in your best interest to go to your doctor and ask for the same medication that your friend is using instead of using leftover medication from a friend. ; )
Useless for any serious acne
Reviewed on June 13, 2014

I was on Clindamycin August 2013 until October 17th, and of all the treatments I tried this was the least effective. You could skip a whole two weeks while on this medicine and nothing would seem different, I understand it is effective on very minor acne sufferers, but if you have more than 3-5 active pimples and they seem persistent I would recommend something more effective.

so far so good
Reviewed on May 25, 2014

So three months ago, I started to break out with a few big and small pimples. I started an OTC remedy with cerave face wash and benzoyl peroxide, also tried tea tree oil and other topical ointments. Nothing worked my acne was becoming more severe and leaving terrible hyperpigmentation.

I went to my doctor who prescribed me 1. Clindamycin Phosphate Swabs 2. Retin-A 3. Minoclycin 50mg pills.

My Regimen:

Morning:

1. Take Minoclycin with 1 full glass of water before breakfast.

2. Wash with cold water and cera-ve

3. Wait 20 minutes, apply Clindamycin Phosphate Swab

4. Wait another 30 minutes, apply benzoyl peroxide and then finish with sunscreen moisturizer (cera-ve)

Night:

1.Take Minoclycin pill before dinner

2. Wash cold water and cerave

3. Wait 20 minutes, apply Clindamycin Phosphate Swab

4. Wait another 30 minutes, apply Retin-a thin amount.

**do not apply bp with retin-a

So far so good, its been a week and a half and no new pimples. I feel a tiny one coming in but it feels under control. I find the clindamycin to sting and become sticky and also my skin/pimple scars becomes a little red. I am not sure how much to put on... Usually one or two swabs for the affected area.

I also recommend using this as a cleaning spot treatment after you pop AND only if you MUST pop. Don't pop the infection spreads this is what happened to me!

Eat healthy, eliminate anything that might interfere with your body like caffeine, soda, alcohol and sugar. I also recommend to drink a lot of water make it a goal to drink a lot it really helps in detoxing the body from bacteria and toxins. Be positive, don't overdo your skin regimen and don't stress!! Stress definitely causes more.

by Mcolby on 08/11/2014 01:41
Can I ask why you wash with cold water and not hot water?
Couldn't stand the feeling...
Reviewed on May 1, 2014

My derm. prescribed me a treatment of tretinoin at night and clindamycin in the morning. But honestly, this stuff made me feel so uncomfortable. It felt oily but didn't look oily, almost felt like there was a film over my face. I couldn't stand it and never used it long enough to see if it would work. This is maybe not helpful but yeah... Also I feel like my rating should reflect the effectiveness of the product and not the side effects so I'm giving it three stars since I have no idea if it works or not. Sorry. Um. (•_•;

Worked great for a while
Reviewed on March 16, 2014

I had some pretty nasty acne a year ago and my doctor prescribed me this with tretinoin gel (retin-a). I used the clindamycin in the morning and tretinoin at night my acne cleared up after 3 months of using this (started using on April) and I kept using this up to august then I stopped because my skin was clear and thought I didn't need it anymore, but I recently started breaking out bad again and i tried using this routine again but it doesn't work the same anymore :( guess I have to go to my doctor again and try something else.