Clenia Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur (5%) Wash reviews

4.2/5 - 9 reviews

Brand: Clenia Sodium

Clenia Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur (5%) Wash

Sulfacetamide Sodium (10%) and Sulfur (5%).

Allantoin, Edetate Disodium, Glyceryl Monostearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Polyoxyl 8 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Water , Sodium Thiosulfate, Stearic Acid, Xanthan Gum.

Clenia Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur (5%) Wash

Sulfacetamide-Sulfur Cleanser Seized by FDA; Treatment Will Not be Available from any Reputable Seller
Reviewed on May 1, 2016

Sulfacetamide-Sulfur Cleanser has never been an FDA approved product. Instead, companies appear to have marketed it based on interpretation of FDA Act that its ingredients were grandfathered and treatment did not need approval. Since 2006, the FDA policy is that no current product is subject to grandfathering and all products must be approved by FDA. Last year, the FDA seized unapproved drugs including this cleanser in Miami. Total value of unapproved drugs was millions of dollars. Also, no one will attempt to get approval because the Patent Office has held the cleanser is unpatentable because the treatment has been known since the 1950s. Given the seizure and inability to patent, no reputable company is going to sell it.

Highly recommend!
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

I LOVE this stuff!! I have been using it for 5 years now. It is the ONLY thing that has ever help my acne. And the only reason I found this review site is that my pharmacy can't seem to get it in anymore. I am trying to see where I can buy this!! Anyone have a clue?

J, Cali
Reviewed on March 6, 2012

In the past, when I used this, it was God sent. It kept all my acne in check and evened out my skin tone. I have never seen my skin so clear.

However, it could dry out your skin very easily, so take care to keep it moisturized. Because of the chemical composition, it makes your skin receptive to the Sun, put on Sun block everywhere you go.

The brand I used was Rosula, however, that is no longer available (not even on Canadian pharmacy sites).

At the present time, I have decided to use this once again. The generic I'm using is called Acella and have been using it for the past few weeks. Results have been, unfortunately, minimal. I'm not certain why, as the chemical composition is identical. I am still experimenting on how long to leave this on my skin. It is recommended to be used 1-2x a day for no longer than 20 seconds each time.

Reviewed on September 25, 2011

My doc perscribed me this about two months ago. I have no complaints about it so far.

Laura, Oregon, Utah
Reviewed on August 6, 2011

After using pretty much every acne regimen, including accutane, proactiv, skinid, etc., this is the one thing that cleared me up. I left it in another state when I moved, and I miss is sooo much, it was the ONE thing that worked!

Chris, Chicago, IL
Reviewed on November 30, 2010

After 5 years of being frusterated with every other type of product, this was the only thing that worked VERY WELL for me. I would suggest that everybody try it. Suprisingly effective

Cat, Ga
Reviewed on May 25, 2010

Worked with my benzaclin and doxycycline to help clear my face up 99% :).

Reviewed on April 10, 2010

NOTHING was working for me, I had just quit the "miracle" acne.org regimen which was just making my life a lot harder and I went to a dermatologist for the first time and he gave me this. It has been 1 week and 1 day and I am a couple days from being COMPLETEY CLEAR. I have had 0 new breakouts since I started this. It works amazingly and has really improved my life. I was always self-conscious about my acne and this helped me get rid of it all. I really suggest you try this, it worked for me.

Anonymous