ClearLight Acne Treatment

Recommended by 55% of visitors

Average price: $571.77

Most helpful review

By jess, USA on 02/13/2008

I just finished my 8th session and was told a may need a few more ($$$cha-ching!). I was not able to consistantly use the topical mild retinoid my Dr. prescribed due to the peeling and irritation of the topical. Avoid using too many acne products (even if prescribed by your Dr.) while on Clearlight therapy, especially if you have sensitive skin. However, if you don't consistently use a topical treatment along with the clearlight it doesn't work as well, supposedly. In Texas, it only cost me $200 for a month of treatments, but it did make my acne worse in some areas. This is not unusual, as your impurities are all coming to the surface to be purged. Reconsider using clearlight if you are a compulsive zit-picker! It was often difficult to resist squeezing the little goodies that came to the surface and this created scars. Don't give up! Find something that works for you...I'm 38 with hormonal acne and am determined to find a cure..

Pros:
  • Smoothed out small scars + created a healthy "glow".
Cons:
  • Brings impurities, both cysts and whiteheads, to the surface constantly throughout treatment (for me). Redness and slight burning sensation.

563 out of 911 people found this review helpful