Clearasil Ultra Overnight Lotion reviews

3.8/5 - 4 reviews

Brand: Clearasil

Clearasil Ultra Overnight Lotion

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Other Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Dimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Phenoxyethanol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth-7, Fragrance, Lavandula Stoechas Extract, Cistus Monspeliensis Extract, Helichrysum Italicum Extract, Methylparaben, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide.

Reviewed on April 20, 2013

I've used this overnight lotion for more than a year and it's made my skin alot better! Although it doesn't get rid of my large pimples, overnight it manages to shrink and dry up, and sometimes completely get rid of my small-medium sized pimples. The 2% salicylic acid isn't too strong and doesn't affect my sensitive skin. I really like this product as it works effectively overnight so I can feel better about my face in the morning. Definitely recommend this product!

Alice, Adelaide, SA. Australia
Reviewed on January 12, 2012

There are not many lotion that contains 2% salicylic acid in the market so I found this one quite interesting and gave it a try. After a first few days, it seemed to be working - my skin was moisturized and some of the zits seemed to be shrinking/less noticeable.

HOWEVER, my skin didn't get any better. After a week of trying I realized my skin started to get really itchy after I washed my face but it kinda calmed down after I apply this lotion. And later on my skin is getting red on the cheek area. But I have no idea it was my skin's way to react to this lotion because every time I applied the lotion my skin didn't get itchy or anything. Later on I realized maybe my skin was too sensitive and it didn't like this lotion so I stopped. My skin kept getting worse though - the red patch didn't go away, my skin was still very itchy and it even started to peel off. After all I gotta go to see the dermatologist.

Bottom line : This is just my own experience. This lotion might or might not work for your skin but I wouldn't recommend it if you have sensitive skin though :(

Petunia, Little Rock, AK
Reviewed on November 20, 2011

Firstly, the negative part. Clearasil is incredibly stingy with how much they give you in each bottle for this product. I always run out in 3 weeks and i have to empty my wallet to buy it....but.. (positive part) it's almost worth spending all that money.. it works so well! It moisturizes my skin perfectly even with the 2% salicylic acid! I also think it has tiny pieces of glitter in it...which is nice because it makes your skin look bright and vibrant.

so. if you have the money to blow, then this product is definitely worth it. but, if you're on a tight budget, you might want to look over the fact that it's a fantastic product and look elsewhere..

Ana, Canada, Ontario
Reviewed on October 25, 2011

It moisturizes my skin well after Neutrogena Acne Wash Cream Cleanser.

I like its light formula. Works for my oily white sensitive skin with large pores. Acne improves from moderate to very light / clear from. Use it after cleanser.