Clearasil Ultra Rapid Acne Vanishing Treatment Cream

Average price: $9.07

Brand: Clearasil

Most helpful review

By Emily, New York, NY on 12/09/2005

I'm using it at this very moment and I must say that it works wonders on my skin. I stopped using it about a month ago in order to follow my dermatologist's order to use Retin-A Micro and I regretted it every time I looked in the mirror. If you have normal or dry skin I recommend trying something that isn't as potent, but if your skin tends to be very oily it'll keep the shine, grease, and breakouts at bay. IMPORTANT: Be very very gentle on your skin when you're using any topical acne medications because it will be extremely delicate. Harsh scrubs and friction at this point would be like drinking OJ and vodka with an ulcer..

27 out of 41 people found this review helpful

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) (Acne Medication).

Water, Gluconolactone, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, PEG 40 Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Isopropylparaben, Arginine HCl, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Titanium Dioxide.

Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Treatment Cream Vanishing(Pack of 2)
updated: 04/18/2014 04:24 UTC

Member reviews

By on

this stuff kind of works for me but dries out my face where i put it, it dried it out in 5 days so i stopped using it.

Pros

• cleared up acne slightly but after 4 days, lost about 5 pimples.

Cons

• dried out my face badly on my chin, upper lip and top cheek basiclly where i added the clearasil
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 7
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I hate it.. SUDOCREM IS THE ONE TO BUY.

Pros

• Helps slightly after like 5 months.

Cons

• COMPLETE RIP OFF
  • RUNS OUT SO QUICKLY
  • severe
  • for more than a year
  • $ 6
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

did not work on my sensitive skin. it actually inflammed it :(

Pros

• price

Cons

• rash on face
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 5
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It actually works for me. Going from Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, and the dreaded ProActiv, Clearasil works well with my skin type, tone and acne severity. I'll definitely buy more in the future.

Pros

• Works on my skin type, which is combination. My skin can also dry out, though, and the product did not cause it to. My skin was free of acne and felt smooth after the first month.

Cons

• Don't see any at this point in time. Unlike most of the people who have reviewed this product, my skin didn't burn, tingle, sting, itch, or wasn't irritated at all.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 9.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I used this product all through high school and had wonderfully clear skin. When I stopped using it my senior year because I never broke out and believed I was done with acne, I broke out terribly and had to be put on Accutane. A couple months ago, the effects of Accutane began wearing off and I tried everything, including prescribed topical Retinoid creams from my dermatologist, with no results. After making an appointment with my derm to go back on Accutane, I tried this again and a week later my skin looks and feels amazing! No more Accutane!

Pros

• Begins working the first time you use it; actually works!!

Cons

• Cannot stop using it or you will break out again. I have read that it causes sensitive skin to break out in a rash, however this has never happened to me.
  • moderately severe
  • for more than a year
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

The first day (or night, I should say) that I used this, I didn't see any difference in pimple size. Eventually after using it for about another week on my acne, it just got made my face dry, my zits inflamed and red, and there were patches of flaking skin.

I gave up on it right away and will never go back. I suggest not buying it, it was a major let down and waste of money.

Pros

• None

Cons

• Dries up skin horribly, leaves dry patches all over
  • Inflames zits
  • Creates more pimples
  • It just doesn't work
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 10

Not good.

Pros

• Dries up pimple.

Cons

• White substance?
  • Red marks.
  • Creates more acne.
  • Dries up skin TERRIBLY.
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 8

By on

Pros

• it doesnt get rid of spots but does reduce the redness still big though

Cons

• doesnt ake them dispire makesthem less seeable
  • light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 10

By on

Don't buy it. It doesn't work. It's true. The texture is gross, too.

Pros

• The one I used was tinted. Yay?

Cons

• When I squeezed it out of the bottle, it was so liquidy like lotion. I dabbed it onto my zits, and all it did was create more zits around it. It doesn't work in 4 hours- let alone 4 weeks. Don't use it. Waste of money.
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 9.99
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

don't use this product all over your face. just use it as a spot treatment.

Pros

• gets rid of acne and prevents it with regular use.

Cons

• extremely irritating. made my skin embarrassing red, dry, swollen and super itchy. my skin was so dry around my jaw it would hurt when i'd open my mouth, laugh, or eat.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.