Clearasil Daily Clear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream reviews

3.6/5 - 59 reviews

Brand: Clearasil

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Aluminum Hydroxide, Bentonite (CI 77004), Carbomer , Glyceryl Stearate SE, Isopropyl Myristate, Methylparaben, PEG 12, Potassium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Water.

Clearasil Daily Clear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream

Clearasil Daily Clear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream, 1 Ounce (Pack of 3)
updated: 04/24/2017 15:51 UTC
Clearasil Clearasil Daily Clear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream, 1 oz (Pack of 2)
updated: 04/24/2017 15:51 UTC

Clearasil Daily Clear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream

Irritating, but it does the job
Reviewed on July 27, 2016

Sometimes, I have painful little bumps that rarely appear during a month. My cleansers and other treatments were not strong enough to get rid of these bumps. So I use this vanishing cream to get rid of them. It works and In a few days, the painful bumps are gone. However, My skin get irritated and itchy because I'm not used to Benzoyl Peroxide. It is worth the job if you can handle the 10% strength. If not, then find a vanishing cream that is less powerful.

Worked for a time?
Reviewed on June 11, 2016

I used this product when I had barely any pimples at all, maybe one or two extremely tiny whiteheads per month. Eventually and slowly, more pimples came up and the treatment either stopped working or just took too long to work. If you have barely any pimples/acne I highly recommend. I didn't experience any dryness because i have oily skin, so I wouldn't recommend the product if you have dry skin.

by MatureSkined on 06/11/2016 19:08
Hey can I ask when did you see results? Was it after a week or 2?
Bleached skin
Reviewed on July 14, 2015

This cream is like bleach it changed my sons skin color on his face now he has spots of light color skin on his face it looks bad. Do not use this product.

Clearasil causes premature aging
Reviewed on April 22, 2015

I am a 33 year female and I used clearasil ointment for the majority of my 20's to treat acne. I started noticing that my skin was looking visibly different than my identical twin sisters when we turned 30. She wasn't using these products and her skin was clear. I did some research into benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid products and sure enough, there is a lot of evidence proving horrible long term effects on your skin. I was using it nightly before bed. I'm now on Spironolactone (an oral medication used to treat severe acne) and have weened myself off of these products, but my skin is still recovering from being on it for many years. A good book to read is called Clear Skin Forever. It might be a good short term medicine, or for spot treatment, but not one to use every day.

An oldie, but goodie!
Reviewed on August 5, 2014

This is what I was mainly using before Dan's. Dan's BP is now my HQ product, but I won't hesitate to go back to Clearasil Vanishing cream or Clearasil Ultra is Dan's because discontinued. Because this is a 10%, only a very thin layer is needed. Followup with a moisturizer is highly recommended. It's affordable and worked as well as most prescription creams did for me. It kept me much clearer than usual....but it wasn't til I swithed to Dan's Regimen (+ D3 & Zinc) that I became 100% clear. But if you live where the Regimen can be shipped, Clearasil is one of the best your going to get over the counter.

Reviewed on December 15, 2012

although this product can be a little bit drying, it REALLY works! i was using proactiv for over a year and my face was never this clear. i would definitely recommend it.

Jane, Hoover, Al
Reviewed on February 9, 2012

good for quick drying

I use vaseline to combat the dry skin & redness after use

Em, AZ
Reviewed on November 18, 2011

I love this stuff! I was having a terrible breakout on my forehead and this cleared it up in less than a week. I've been using it every night for about 3 weeks to a month now and I can honestly say that no other BP treatment has been this great for my skin (in fact, I've never had good results from ANY BP). The acne on my forehead is gone and my blackheads on my nose are diminishing. The only downside is that it's drying and my skin flakes a little bit, but with a 10% BP cream that's to be expected. I just make sure to use my Clarisonic Mia when I cleanse for exfoliation and I use a good moisturizer. I feel like my skin will balance out soon. I'm so pleased with this product!

emery, Jupiter
Anonymous, New York
Reviewed on August 7, 2011

This will clear up a pimple fast, but it makes the red marks huge and last way longer than if I let the pimple go away normally! Very annoying, and not worth it. Next time I will try 2.5% instead