Clearasil Daily Clear Adult Tinted Acne Treatment Cream

Average price: $5.29

Brand: Clearasil

Most helpful review

By fletch1978, San Francisco on 08/12/2008

it amazes me that after over a decade of OTC proucts using benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid etc. that i never ONCE came across a product with sulfur/resorcinol as the active ingredients. i had long ago given up hope that any benzoyl peroxide product (no matter how weak or how strong) would ever work. salicylic acid and glycolic acid weren't ever good enough, either. but thank god, one of the oldest treatments for acne there is was the one that completely healed my skin and when i say healed i mean no more inflammatory acne, no more whiteheads, blackheads, redness, oiliness, flaking...nothing. my skin is in perfect shape. i think sulfur gets a bad rap for its smell, and i can understand that, but come on! its not that bad, it fades soon after you put it on and whats more, it WORKS. i think that more products should give a sulfur/resorcinol combo option in their line up. they just might save tons of people from years of heartache from breakouts that wont stop!.

Pros:
  • works very fast, goes on dry with a subtle tint to cover any redness. it completely healed all my acne and other skin conditions within a month.
Cons:
  • small package, smell...hard to find.

125 out of 238 people found this review helpful

Resorcinol (2%) (Acne Medication), Sulfur (8%) (Acne Medication).

Water, Alcohol Denatured, Bentonite (CI 77004), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Titanium Dioxide, Isopropyl Myristate, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Simethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Talc.

Clearasil Daily Clear Tinted Adult Treatment Cream: 0.65 OZ
updated: 04/16/2014 00:37 UTC
Clearasil Adult Tinted Treatment Cream, 0.65-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4)
updated: 04/16/2014 00:37 UTC

Member reviews

By on

Can't even think about using it anymore because of the smell. It actually wakes me up sometimes at night.....they need to seriously fix this problem.

Pros

• covers up acne well.

Cons

• Smells soooooo bad....really horrible!!!! I hate it!!
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 5
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've used this product for over a year and at first I had good results. After a while it gave no positive results and left my acne the same it was before. (I have moderately severe acne) Although I will say, it camoflauges your acne pretty well; just use a moisturizer for the dryness. I will stop using this product since it doesn't work for me anymore, but again, it did a decent job of hiding my acne, so I didn't have to use so much makeup.

Pros

• Hides acne well, doesn't make it as noticeable.

Cons

• Dries out skin. Tint is a little too dark...
  • moderately severe
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

There are better products.

Pros

• It dries out your pimples.

Cons

• The tint does not match me and look terrible on me and it gives me dry patches
  • severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 7.5
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This product ruined some of my expensive clothes and it's not worth it. Find An Alternative

Pros

• Worked OK on my pimples

Cons

• It smelled really bad, dried up my skin and
  • it bleached my clothes
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 5.46
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

Pros

Cons

• small package, smell...hard to find.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

sucks

Pros

• nothing

Cons

• f**ked up my face my face got red, swollen,and my skins peeling off i hate it !!!!!!!!!
  • light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 4.99
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

My skin was moderate severe from what the dermatologist said. He also recommended to use somethig with benz peroxide in it. But do not use to much. Toom much will not help. Put on a thin layer through the day and at night as well. If your skin is handling the bp well then you may put on another thin thin layer during the day but I do not recommend 3 applications daily. It will take a couple days before you see results. If you put it on real small bumps, it will make it where they wont even come up. It has helped me so far. Atleast give it a shot.

Pros

• Only use this layers. Start with one application a day and move up. It works great. This is really improving my acne fast. 3 days now and a remarkable improvment. Do not pop your bumps. This will do wonders. Just give it time.

Cons

• The tint is real dark so I wear it when I am at home.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This stuff sucks, big time.

Pros

• None.

Cons

• Stinks, the "tint" is too dark and most importantly it burned the skin around my pimple! About 5 minutes after application the skin on my face became red and swollen. I will never use a clearasil product again.
  • inconsistently
  • $ 4.99
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

The vanishing ones don't quite...vanish. there is still a tint..but over all.good enough.

Pros

• works well, a good alternative to benzoyl peroxide

Cons

• smells...pretty bad, not in a stinky garbage way, but a really ugly perfume. not unbearable, but hope it could be fixed
  • for a few months
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

basically you got to already be married to try this stuff cause your face will stink so bad that u will turn men off..but hey,...there is a reason that I am still using it ..it works.

oh and at the office...people keep accusing me of lighting matches in my cubicle....cause I got this perma-stink thing now, but I guess its better than a permanently red and bump-filled face...which was the situation last year

so last year nobody could look at me...now they smile at me but they keep their distance.

I am complaining heavily about the stink because I hope that the makers of clearsil will make a "fragrance" free version cause I need this stuff and have no choice.

Pros

• works on rosacea, gets skin back to normal color and will definately prevent whiteheads. I think it is slowly getting the gunk out of the blackheads too but they are stubborn.

Cons

• my husband called me a skunk, and also accused me of "not wiping" and refused to kiss me..this product smells like a garbage truck on a hot day.
  • for about a year
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.