Clearasil Daily Clear Adult Tinted Acne Treatment Cream

Average price: $5.29

Brand: Clearasil

Most helpful review

By fletch1978, San Francisco on 08/12/2008

it amazes me that after over a decade of OTC proucts using benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid etc. that i never ONCE came across a product with sulfur/resorcinol as the active ingredients. i had long ago given up hope that any benzoyl peroxide product (no matter how weak or how strong) would ever work. salicylic acid and glycolic acid weren't ever good enough, either. but thank god, one of the oldest treatments for acne there is was the one that completely healed my skin and when i say healed i mean no more inflammatory acne, no more whiteheads, blackheads, redness, oiliness, flaking...nothing. my skin is in perfect shape. i think sulfur gets a bad rap for its smell, and i can understand that, but come on! its not that bad, it fades soon after you put it on and whats more, it WORKS. i think that more products should give a sulfur/resorcinol combo option in their line up. they just might save tons of people from years of heartache from breakouts that wont stop!.

Pros:
  • works very fast, goes on dry with a subtle tint to cover any redness. it completely healed all my acne and other skin conditions within a month.
Cons:
  • small package, smell...hard to find.

125 out of 238 people found this review helpful

Resorcinol (2%) (Acne Medication), Sulfur (8%) (Acne Medication).

Water, Alcohol Denatured, Bentonite (CI 77004), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Titanium Dioxide, Isopropyl Myristate, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Simethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Talc.

Clearasil Daily Clear Tinted Adult Treatment Cream: 0.65 OZ
updated: 04/17/2014 03:55 UTC
Clearasil Adult Tinted Treatment Cream, 0.65-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4)
updated: 04/17/2014 03:55 UTC

Member reviews

“great!”
By on

For some reason Benzoyl peroxide doesn't work for me. I used this stuff and it decreased the inflammation of zits drastically! I was so surprised. Yes it kinda smells bad but I can't smell it after 5 minutes.

Pros

• dries up pimples
  • tints

Cons

• none
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Sulfer is good stuff”
By on

I am new on here and clicked to review Sulfur and this product came up so I will just tell you, I am 33 and the past year have been dealing with hormone changes from just getting older and significant stress, like house fire stress. Even been dealing with cystic acne. Out of all the products and or a couple prescriptions even, I found a product that worked right at the first day and maybe by day 3 for the cystic types I could almost peel away the dried out pimple.

The product I found was at GNC its a solid bar made from a Co called Grandpa's, its less then $6 and its main ingredient is Sulfer, yea it stinks like a geyser at Jellystone national park but its one of the only things that have worked for me.

I have used Clearasil before and it would prob be my second choice as far as buying an over the counter product.

I never even really washed my face much before that, when I do thats when I seen breakouts and I always looked much younger then my age. Eat right and drink water and get walking. Not much you can do about hormones but you can help balance them. Since I have not been doing enough for myself/activity- for medical reasons, Im experimenting with temp alt solutions and ways to increase cell turnover as well for dull looking skin.

Secondly, the face scrub I more recently used and liked is from Walgreens its gritty and feels warm applying it Eclos Plant Cell scrub. Its nice to use 2-3 days a week for me as I like these things best in moderation.

By on

This product is great if you have light acne, but if you get bigger pimples, another product should be used.

Pros

• Hides small pimple/underground pimples

Cons

• Does nothing on big pimples
  • Hides acne, doesn't heal it
  • Doesn't blend into skin
  • light
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Tinted creams are usually sulfur product and I like them because they are far less irritating on my skin than using benzoyl or salicylic. After about two weeks of using i noticed a dramatic difference in breakouts. My skin looked more even and less red. The only downfall about this product is that you cannot wear it during the day under makeup because it is too 'cakey looking. Also, when trying to wash this product off it is hard to scrub it completely off. When i use a toner to get all my makeup off there is always traces of this treatment cream left on. With all that aside, I think it is a pretty solid over the counter product with sulfur and resorcinol.

Pros

• Less irritating than benzoyl peroxide, salicylic, or retinol

Cons

• Cannot wear during the day (tinted orange color)
  • Sulfur smell
  • for a few months
  • $ 6.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love it!!! My face hasnt been this clear in a long time! And i feel alot more confident.

Pros

• Got rid of my bigger angry pimples also is clearing up my smaller little white pimples that i could never get rid of before without a perscription!!!! And my skin is alot less oily in the morning!!!

Cons

• The smell at first but i got used to it, i dont really care as long as it works! And my skin had a little flaky dryness but nothing serious.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 3
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

works very well. :)

Pros

• Feels like im not wearing anything. Wear it before bed and my acne is noticeably better by morning!

Cons

• Tint does not match my skin tone at all! Makes it look like i got a really bad spray tan..but as long as you wear it at night, no biggy!
  • light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Smell isn't really that bad. Works good. Makes my face feel clean. If you just apply lightly as you do a makeup in a thin layer, its not that noticeable really. It just takes practice to apply correctly.

Pros

• Works. Covers redness.

Cons

• Stains towels and clothes
  • light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

My face has never been clearer even when I used Accutane. Acne that used to stick around for weeks doesn't stand a chance. It's gone in a day or two now. I think this is a miracle in a tube.

My regimen is a sulfur soap + clearasil + derma e DMAE Alpha-Lipoic-C-Ester Retexturizing Creme.

My skin glows now. I'm ordering the Derma E scar gel + microdermabrasion to get rid of the scarring. If only I had found this Clearsil earlier.

Pros

• works better than anything I've ever tried
  • doesn't dry out my skin or make it flakey

Cons

• it's tinted. ugh.
  • because it's tinted, I only use it at night. It doesn't go well under makeup at all.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I went to Walmart and grabbed this one by mistake. I usually use Persa-Gel by Clean & Clear but I'm on a budget and this one was cheaper. I didn't notice until I got in the car that it had "tinted" written on it. I tried it that night and immediately saw results come morning time (though i did kinda cake it on before bed... i was frustrated) Anyway, I was pleased with my results. The only thing that bothered me was that the tint didn't blend well with my skin or really "hide" anything, nor did my moisturizer help rub in it more, so wearing makeup was nearly impossible, and watch out for the sun. Your skin will feel the burn. I'd recommend only wearing this at night or if your plan for the day is to do nothing

Pros

• Works in a short amount of time
  • You don't need a lot

Cons

• Kinda stings and burns a little at first
  • Excessive dryness so use a good moisturizer
  • The tint doesn't exactly match my light complexion. It makes me look like I got a really bad spray on tan lol
  • You can't hide this well under makeup like other b.p creams
  • light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 5

By on

I love this stuff, I have used it for about 2 years. Haven't used it in a few months because I emptied the tube & just hadn't gotten around to buying another one, & also was trying different things. But just got another tube, I use as a spot treatment, it seems like a lot of people use it for all over the face. I don't. I just bad some on my blemishes, rub it in a little, & then leave it wet til it dries & wear it overnight, wash in the morning. If you had a blemish you squeezed & got the white stuff out, put this on after you've washed befre you go to bed as a spot treatment, it really helps to dry those suckers out! I have found that after a few times of appplying it, the blemish sort of just peels off.

Pros

• dries up spots/blemishes
  • easy to use
  • cheap
  • effective

Cons

• eh, none really
  • light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.