Clean & Clear Persa Gel 5 reviews

3.8/5 - 20 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Benzyl alcohol, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Laureth-4, Sodium Hydroxide, Water.

Allergic Reaction
Reviewed on July 10, 2015

Used a very small amount of product on 2 spots on my face. Woke up the next morning with a swollen eye (think ogre!) and a hive-like rash. Now I'm at the doctor seeking treatment.

allergic reaction
Reviewed on October 15, 2014

Bad allergic reaction, didn't even put it on my eye lids, and both my eyelids/ face swollen and itchy with a rash. would never use this product again. Have never had an allergic reaction to a topical acne "solution" until now. Didn't help with acne.

Works well!!
Reviewed on November 26, 2013

I have combination skin, so my cheeks can feel dry while my chin nose and forehead got oily. 90% of the time the breakouts were on my chin, so I would put a little on the cream on my pimple before going to bed and in the morning wash if off( dries as a white, flaky circle). This is really good to have in case of emergency with a really oily pimple because it really dries it up! Do NOT spread it all over your face or layer it onto your acne, simply dot it on each individual pimple because it WILL dry and irritate your skin a LOT!

Pat
Reviewed on March 7, 2013

I used this on my face every night during my high school years, and it kept my skin beautiful and spotless. However after years of using it, it just kinda stopped working. I guess my skin got used to it. But it helped a ton in high school so I give it 5/5 hands down.

Kent, Halifax Nova Scotia
Reviewed on November 19, 2012

Kso, this product WILL clean you're acne, some people have said it has made my face worse.. well it's gutta get worse before it can get better. so KEEP USING IT, and use it as a spot treatment to, i have tried proactive, ALL the mainstream acne solvents. And if you have used this for a month and there is still acne, move up to the persa-gel 10, The one thing is, is that when i first got it i was so excited i put the thing on 5 times a day,, no no... face looked like a cracker, Use it once a day before you go to sleep, don't need to rinse you're face or anything, just enough to cover you're face, you're face will reel really tight, try not to streach you're face becuase when you leave it tight, it dosent let anything else in you;re pores, so over all EXCELLENT product, and a 100% buy.

Tom, Toronto
Reviewed on May 29, 2012

I think Persa-Gel 5 is a product that everyone should have around, whether for emergency breakouts or stubborn pimples. It is best used as a spot treatment - dab a LITTLE on pimples and prominent acne at night and it can do wonders in the morning!

Be careful as it is very drying due to 5% benzoyl peroxide and always moisturize afterwards. I really recommend this product because of its low price (compared to other shelf and on-line products) and overall effectiveness.

For more reviews of acne products, see my blog at bit.ly/Lyxy1w

bob, St. Catharines, On
Reviewed on March 25, 2012

I don't really have too much acne, but I bought it because I do breakout and it gets bad. I'm kind of disappointed because everyone was giving it such good reviews and I thought I would try it. I honestly had the worst allergic reaction to it and got a small rash all over my face. It may work for some people but did not for me.

Reviewed on December 30, 2011

I have used this for the better part of a week, followed up with Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent (Oil free). This is a nice strong product, but not overly powerful that it made my skin overly itchy or flaky. It has BP in it, so it's going to dry your skin somewhat. My acne has not cleared up yet but the spots look a bit smaller and less red, and no new zits have formed. Depending on your skin can be used over large areas or as a spot treatment. Too soon to say if this is a great product but for the price I would recommend it over Oxy pads and other BP products that I have tried (many of which contain lots of alcohol).

Anonymous, Montreal
Reviewed on December 27, 2011

Great for spot treatment. Used on a cystic pimple. Redness and swelling reduced significantly.

Will only use when needed.

Teen girl, Toronto, ON
Reviewed on December 26, 2011

When I tried this product the first time it actually worked... it had clear some of my acne. Automatically I thought that it would be acne free so i kept using the correct amount of the product. After about 2 months or less my face was red and itchy and more acne started to appear. This may have been an allergic reaction or something but initially when I first got it I was unharmed. Then I stopped using it all together and used it as a spot treatment (I thought I was using too much). It didn't work. I was red and itchy but only in the spots where i had put it as a spot treatment. Thank goodness I stopped!

So now I have stopped for goo