Page 5 of Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength reviews

4.1/5 - 343 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Water.

Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength, 1 oz
[3 Pack] Clean & Clear Persa-gel 10, Maximum Strength Acne Medication 1.0 Oz
updated: 10/25/2014 18:14 UTC
Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 Acne Treatment, Maximum Strength-1 oz (Pack of 5)

Reviewed on June 19, 2012

I decided to buy this after my face broke out into very serious acne.... i picked it up for 8.00 at my local drug store. The first night i used it my face became very dry and peely , but i was happy that my pimples were shrinking but it left weird red pitted marks on my face..... After the 4th week of use all the pimples it had shrunk came back again with a vengance.since im brown complexion i cannot use this in the day time because it leaves a white residue on my skin no matter how much i rub it in or use moisturizer. This may work for someone with the occasional break out , but for someone with real tough acne like cysts or anything bigger than a light pimple ...i wont suggest it.... i took this to my new derm and she basically shook her head and asked me did i want her to dispose of it for me,told me it would of never worked on my skin because it is also filled with cheap ingridients.... you get what you pay for.

Reviewed on June 14, 2012

I used it just as a spot treatment and it cleared up after 2-3 days.but it was pretty good!

Reviewed on June 3, 2012

Just wow!! I used it for only a week and it shrunk my acne so quick! Small pours! Thank God...I struggled with acne for almost 8 years and to think a cheap over the counter product could help a ton! I recently used taz and it sucked for me. My skin was kinda doing the opposite of what it was suppose to do, I got more oily o_O. Anyway, glad this helped. It made me kinda dry, but I really don't care. I just use my spf15 oil free moisturizer and I'm good to go. :D

Reviewed on May 6, 2012

This medication was good for a week but then i started to notice something dark where my pimples were. I thought it was dirt but then i realized it was my own skin. I saw the layer of my new skin very clearly. I play soccer and i get pretty tan easily. After my skin peeled off, I could see the lighter shade. Everyone I knew said something about my face. "Why is your face discolored?". I heard it for a long time. I have sensitive oily skin. If you have the same kind of skin, then look for some other medication. If your skin is not sensitive, try it BUT ONLY USE IT ONCE A DAY. If you don't, i promise it will not be good for your skin.

Reviewed on April 28, 2012

I bought this flat out because of good reviews. I get stubborn pimples that generally don't have heads on them, so I needed something to help sink into the skin. This product helps, but it isn't a lifesaving cream. I notice that with large pimple, they naturally go away in 5 or so days. This stuff will cut it down to 2-3 if you apply morning and night.

For the smaller pimples, it made no difference for me at least. They would go away naturally in 3ish days with or without.

I'm giving this 3 stars instead of 2 though because it is good if you apply to a site where you feel something coming up. It will keep it from growing into a full blown painful zit.

Reviewed on April 18, 2012

Overall, it is a great product. I have two pimples on my forehead. I bought this product and had great results. You should try it. Of course, I'm not persuading everyone to buy it due to different skin types. Try it and see if you had results like me.

Reviewed on April 3, 2012

If you have sensative skin, don't use this product. Or, if you must, then only apply to one small area on your face for a couple hours to make sure you're not allergic.

Reviewed on March 11, 2012

I have fairly good skin that's a little shiny sometimes but generally i don't have acne. However around my period I usually get one huge pimple that refuses to disappear for over a week! This stuff is amazing in the way that it dries up the pimple and makes it so easy and efficient to pop ( the right way, with the hot water and compress and sterilized needle and everything) a few days of putting this on at night and any pimple no matter how big or

Small will be ready to pop with a perfect white head. Put on a little neosporin afterwards and it's healed in two days! Amazing loved this stuff as a spot treatment and don't plan to ever use another product again! I used to use tea tree oil but this stuff is so much better

Reviewed on February 25, 2012

BP is the only treatment that works for me and I've tried them all -- retin a, taz, clindamycin, differing etc.

I like that this doesn't dry me out. I tried Dan's BP and even though I use BP, it made my skin very dry and irriatated like I was having an allergic reaction. (Sorry Dan!!) Since I've used BP forever, I knew this wasn't true. I think I may be allergic to one of the inactive ingredients in Dan's. Boo hoo, because I love it here and would like to love it.

Anyway, I mix it in my palm with my moisturizer so it dries me out less and apply it to my entire face before bed. That works at keeping acne away and keeping me not dry. I just recently started doing it this way...before I was using it straight (lol) and then applying moisturizer, but that still left me a bit dry. My new method really works for me.

I also use Dan's AHA a few times a week to exfoliate.

Reviewed on February 22, 2012

do not use 10% BP unless youve gradally built your skin up to this amount. trust me on this it did not even take away the pimple what a rip off. only made my skin all around the pimple bright red this sucks.. i really hope it goes away after tonight.