Page 4 of Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength reviews

4.1/5 - 343 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Water.

Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength, 1 oz
[3 Pack] Clean & Clear Persa-gel 10, Maximum Strength Acne Medication 1.0 Oz
updated: 10/24/2014 22:03 UTC
Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 Acne Treatment, Maximum Strength-1 oz (Pack of 5)

Reviewed on November 12, 2012

I use Clean and Clear persa-gel on and off when i have really ugly pimples that won't disappear. This is my last resort method to really attack pimples that won't go away! I apply a very very very small amount and then apply a moisturizer after. Without a rich moisturizer my skin would be flake city haha. USE THIS PRODUCT SPARINGLY.

Reviewed on October 16, 2012

I used this product only once to try and clear up a few blemishes. Within 12 hours of application, my entire face was terribly itchy, dry, very red, and stinging (even though I only used 2 dabs in small and specific places). My skin also feels hot and bumpy to the touch when I run my fingers over it. I've always had very smooth skin, so I suspect it must be further reaction to the product. I will not be using this product again. I will just stick with my Noxema from on.

Reviewed on August 27, 2012

I was recommended to use this product the night before i started college because i wanted to get rid of my acne fast. When i woke up the next morning most of the pimples had gone down in size. Overall i like the product just make sure you moisturize!

Reviewed on August 4, 2012

all skin types are different, so it might not work for some people. i also used dove soap and oil free acne wash from neutrogena, this product and the face wash contains benzoyl peroxide, which dries and irritates the skin and can also cause redness. my face had pimples and redness all around my nose and other places too, it was bad, i felt ugly and didnt want to leave my house until i used these three things (dove, the face wash and this product) it cleared in a week.

Reviewed on August 3, 2012

I used this treatment gel (more like a cream) as part of my last resort before visiting the dermatologist. I didn't want to pay $$$ to only be pumped full of meds and slather on ointments that may or may not work. Firstly- I changed my diet to more lean meat, veggies and water ( i still consumed 1% milk and a few pcs of dove dark chocolate as a treat ;-)  bcuz my skin doesnt react to dairy), then i added a Fish oil vitamin ( Super omega 3 by wonder laboratories: molecularly distilled (free of toxins) and pharmaceutical grade - both characteristics extremely important when taking Fish oil supplement). I was already exercising 5 days a week so the last thing i needed to add to my regimen was something topical. In comes C&C persa 10 gel. @ Night: i gently washed my face for 15 seconds using Aveeno clear complexion FOAMING facial wash, let my face air-dry(never use a washcloth), then apply a heavy layer of Persa gel (my skin can take the amount) - let that dry for 20 min, and then apply Aveeno clear complexion moisturizer. In the morning: the same as the night time ritual (but i fully rub Persa gel in before applying moisturizer) and my makeup glides smoothly and lasts all day. After 5 days (no exxaggeration) my skin was clear. Previously i had about 4 medium sized pimples on EACH cheek and 3 small- medium sized pimples on my forehead. so to come that far in five days was RIDICULOUSLY amazing. I truly believe all my healthy changes - along with heavy,consistent use of the Persa gel 10 cleared my acne. Needless to say i dont need to go to the derma anymore. Of course all skin types are different and everything wont work for everyone- but try my whole 180 degree regimen to see a difference in your skin and overall bodily health. I cant believe how smooth and acne free my skin is. And i thought i couldnt stay out of the mirror before Lol.

About Me: Female- early 20's - naturally tan skin- daily foundation user- uses this regimen daily w/out fail.

Reviewed on July 20, 2012

I used this sometimes for breakouts when I was a teenager but it didn't seem to help my acne any more than 5% bp. It may have even made it worse because it dried out my skin and caused my skin to produce more oil in reaction to the dry/flakiness.

Reviewed on July 14, 2012

it's ok, but the scars aren't worth it.

Reviewed on July 9, 2012

I started getting breakouts around 9 where my headgear was (tae kwon do) so my forehead and jawline. Over the years it stuck around but wasn't anything too bad. Around 19 besides the occasional breakout during the monthly lady visit my skin was pretty clear. After the birth of my first child recently my skin went bizerk! It went from ” normal” to oily. since my skin type changed my makeup had to as well. my breakouts were mild until I used MAC foundation,my skin broke out so bad. I stopped using that makeup and cleaned my brushes several times and switched to, organic makeup. I tried several home remedies but nothing helped at all. Its been 7 months and the breakouts just don't stop. The differ from the really tiny bumps to the big inflamed painful ones. Its not severe, but still embarrassing. I picked this up 2 days ago and use it as recommended. Its not a miracle product and I know it'll take patience until I Get clear skin, but do far the results are mild but still results. I can already see its drying out the acne. I haven't had a problem so far with dryness/flaking if my skin but maybe thats because my skin is oily. I apply it to my whole face and not just the problem areas though. It does say be careful with sun exposure so I apply sunscreen if i'm going outside. I'm not sure how it holds up under makeup though. I want my skin to breathe and heal so i'm going bare lol. All in all do far I like this product and am excited / hopeful for further results. Wish, me luck!

Reviewed on June 22, 2012

Is great overall if you have moderate acne or really oily skin. Helps to minimize zits quickly. I wouldn't recommend it if you have very sensitive skin, but you could try it as a spot treatment. And as always with every acne spot treatment, MOISTURIZE!!!

Reviewed on June 19, 2012

I have dry/normal flaky skin. My skin is not sensitive. I started using this because 2.5% wasn't strong enough to prevent acne for me (I had been using it for years, maybe my skin got used to it?). This really works for me, but I would not recommend this to friends with sensitive skin. I would also recommend you try 2.5% FIRST before this stuff because 10% is a lot stronger. This stuff has gotten my acne from moderate to VERY light!! I am happy =)