Page 4 of Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength reviews

4.1/5 - 338 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Water.

Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength, 1 oz
[3 Pack] Clean & Clear Persa-gel 10, Maximum Strength Acne Medication 1.0 Oz
updated: 07/30/2014 19:47 UTC
Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 Acne Treatment, Maximum Strength-1 oz (Pack of 5)

Reviewed on July 20, 2012

I used this sometimes for breakouts when I was a teenager but it didn't seem to help my acne any more than 5% bp. It may have even made it worse because it dried out my skin and caused my skin to produce more oil in reaction to the dry/flakiness.

Reviewed on July 14, 2012

it's ok, but the scars aren't worth it.

Reviewed on July 9, 2012

I started getting breakouts around 9 where my headgear was (tae kwon do) so my forehead and jawline. Over the years it stuck around but wasn't anything too bad. Around 19 besides the occasional breakout during the monthly lady visit my skin was pretty clear. After the birth of my first child recently my skin went bizerk! It went from ” normal” to oily. since my skin type changed my makeup had to as well. my breakouts were mild until I used MAC foundation,my skin broke out so bad. I stopped using that makeup and cleaned my brushes several times and switched to, organic makeup. I tried several home remedies but nothing helped at all. Its been 7 months and the breakouts just don't stop. The differ from the really tiny bumps to the big inflamed painful ones. Its not severe, but still embarrassing. I picked this up 2 days ago and use it as recommended. Its not a miracle product and I know it'll take patience until I Get clear skin, but do far the results are mild but still results. I can already see its drying out the acne. I haven't had a problem so far with dryness/flaking if my skin but maybe thats because my skin is oily. I apply it to my whole face and not just the problem areas though. It does say be careful with sun exposure so I apply sunscreen if i'm going outside. I'm not sure how it holds up under makeup though. I want my skin to breathe and heal so i'm going bare lol. All in all do far I like this product and am excited / hopeful for further results. Wish, me luck!

Reviewed on June 22, 2012

Is great overall if you have moderate acne or really oily skin. Helps to minimize zits quickly. I wouldn't recommend it if you have very sensitive skin, but you could try it as a spot treatment. And as always with every acne spot treatment, MOISTURIZE!!!

Reviewed on June 19, 2012

I have dry/normal flaky skin. My skin is not sensitive. I started using this because 2.5% wasn't strong enough to prevent acne for me (I had been using it for years, maybe my skin got used to it?). This really works for me, but I would not recommend this to friends with sensitive skin. I would also recommend you try 2.5% FIRST before this stuff because 10% is a lot stronger. This stuff has gotten my acne from moderate to VERY light!! I am happy =)

Reviewed on June 19, 2012

I decided to buy this after my face broke out into very serious acne.... i picked it up for 8.00 at my local drug store. The first night i used it my face became very dry and peely , but i was happy that my pimples were shrinking but it left weird red pitted marks on my face..... After the 4th week of use all the pimples it had shrunk came back again with a vengance.since im brown complexion i cannot use this in the day time because it leaves a white residue on my skin no matter how much i rub it in or use moisturizer. This may work for someone with the occasional break out , but for someone with real tough acne like cysts or anything bigger than a light pimple ...i wont suggest it.... i took this to my new derm and she basically shook her head and asked me did i want her to dispose of it for me,told me it would of never worked on my skin because it is also filled with cheap ingridients.... you get what you pay for.

Reviewed on June 14, 2012

I used it just as a spot treatment and it cleared up after 2-3 days.but it was pretty good!

Reviewed on June 3, 2012

Just wow!! I used it for only a week and it shrunk my acne so quick! Small pours! Thank God...I struggled with acne for almost 8 years and to think a cheap over the counter product could help a ton! I recently used taz and it sucked for me. My skin was kinda doing the opposite of what it was suppose to do, I got more oily o_O. Anyway, glad this helped. It made me kinda dry, but I really don't care. I just use my spf15 oil free moisturizer and I'm good to go. :D

Reviewed on May 6, 2012

This medication was good for a week but then i started to notice something dark where my pimples were. I thought it was dirt but then i realized it was my own skin. I saw the layer of my new skin very clearly. I play soccer and i get pretty tan easily. After my skin peeled off, I could see the lighter shade. Everyone I knew said something about my face. "Why is your face discolored?". I heard it for a long time. I have sensitive oily skin. If you have the same kind of skin, then look for some other medication. If your skin is not sensitive, try it BUT ONLY USE IT ONCE A DAY. If you don't, i promise it will not be good for your skin.

Reviewed on April 28, 2012

I bought this flat out because of good reviews. I get stubborn pimples that generally don't have heads on them, so I needed something to help sink into the skin. This product helps, but it isn't a lifesaving cream. I notice that with large pimple, they naturally go away in 5 or so days. This stuff will cut it down to 2-3 if you apply morning and night.

For the smaller pimples, it made no difference for me at least. They would go away naturally in 3ish days with or without.

I'm giving this 3 stars instead of 2 though because it is good if you apply to a site where you feel something coming up. It will keep it from growing into a full blown painful zit.