Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength reviews

4.1/5 - 343 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Water.

Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength, 1 oz
[3 Pack] Clean & Clear Persa-gel 10, Maximum Strength Acne Medication 1.0 Oz
updated: 12/20/2014 18:57 UTC
Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 Acne Treatment, Maximum Strength-1 oz (Pack of 5)
updated: 12/20/2014 18:57 UTC

Would you use a flame thrower to light a candle?
Reviewed on September 8, 2014

This stuff will help your skin to clear up, but it probably will remove a few layers of skin in the process. Its pretty strong. Also it's kind of expensive for the small amount you get. I would prefer the Acne.Org stuff, but that's not nearly as strong as this. I gave it three stars because it does help acne.

use with caution.
Reviewed on August 31, 2014

To use by itself ,hummm benzoyl peroxide shouldn't be used by itself ,I ,found out ,that I needed a good exfoliator and good moisturizer ,otherwise I end up with clogged pores ,I can use it on my back ,just for a couple of days if my back gets itchy or during the day if Im Not wearing any make-up,I just put some on a q tip and kind of pretend that I clean my skin using the q tip ,as a spot treatment when having a painful pimple ,this is what can happen either the pimple would die or pop and make a mess that can take too long to heal ..so I do use it for my back acne or chest,or my scalp if I get one there ...even though my favorite thing to use on my back when its clear and I Have the itch and feel like breakouts are about to come ,I reach for the cotton and dub ,or rub gentlly with pure hydrogen peroxide.

just another BP that will stop working
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

Thick, cakey, crusty, makes your acne resistant while burning through the heads of your lesions

FINALLY
Reviewed on August 9, 2014

The only negative part about this product is that it does dry out your skin really bad in the beginning. But exfoliating solves that. And I have very tan skin, this product dries white so it sometimes looked like I had white paint smudged on my face. Other than those two thing this product really works. Be persistent. It took me about 1 week to notice a difference. By week 3 others started noticing. Best acne medicine/treatment I've ever used.

It's ok
Reviewed on August 5, 2014

It's better than no treatment at all, but it would be one of my last choices. It's very harsh, drying, and makes me peel a lot...much more so than any other Benzoyl Peroxide product (I've tried every one at some point over the decades....I'll save you the trouble, go with Dan's!). The texture of the C&C Persa Gel is just weird. It cracks, flakes, and wears horribly under makeup. Once it even left me with this bad chemical burn look across my face. Sorry, can't recommend this at all. It's not the fact that it's 10%. Even though I prefer 2.5% because it wrks just as well for me, I am able to use other 10% formulations with no problems at all (like Clearasil Ultra and Clearasil Vanishing Cream...those are my next choicees after Dan's).

by simplynatas on 12/15/2014 05:08
I have a question, how did you help heal your skin when you got a chemical reaction to it? Because sad to say thats what happened to me . I woke up this morning with a horrible chemical reaction burn around the pimple I put the gel on.
by simplynatas on 12/15/2014 05:19
Warning! - Persa-Gel 10 is Strong Medicine. Apply sparingly.
Reviewed on July 29, 2014

I have used Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 for over a decade for occasional acne flare ups. Apply Persa-Gel 10 sparingly and don't apply to sensitive parts of your face. I liberally applied this medicine to my chin this past Friday in an effort to slow down an acne breakout. Well I put too much on because I chemically burned my chin. It took 4 days for my chin to finally heal by applying Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer to it 3 to 4 times a day. If you have sensitive skin test spot areas with only a little of the product or just use Persa-Gel 5 which is less harsh. I will continue to use PG10 but only on less sensitive parts of my face.

confused
Reviewed on July 23, 2014

this stuff almost works too well. it drys up the pimple over night, but if even a tiny bit had moved off the pimple over night, i would have a red peeling chemical burn on my face the next morning.

Horrible Skin Reaction in some areas
Reviewed on June 25, 2014

I have had horrible cystic acne on my jaw line and neck with some occasional pimples on my cheeks. I have been desperate and trying anything and everything. I should mention that my skin is very sensitive and I figured I would react to this in a bad way because it is maximum strength, but I still wanted to try it. The thick acne on my jaw line and neck has reduced significantly, however, my eyes and skin on my cheeks are swollen and red (I look ridiculous but I am still coming in to work LOL). I also put some on my nose and forehead and that doesn't seem to be a problem. I'll continue using it only in the areas it didn't affect.

Amazing product !!
Reviewed on May 19, 2014

This persa 10 gel I was Betsy hesitant to try, but I'm glad I did! Instead of going around with a huge pimple with white puss, just put this over when you feel like you're gonna grow a pimple and it really helps control it and by 3-5 days, it's completely gone!

Best product I've ever found
Reviewed on May 18, 2014

Starts drying up and shrinking pimples within the first night, easily the quickest results I've seen yet. But you will need a moisturizer because it is drying.

by jerbakerepn on 12/12/2014 06:55