Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength reviews

4.1/5 - 362 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Water.

[3 Pack] Clean & Clear Persa-gel 10, Maximum Strength Acne Medication 1.0 Oz
updated: 08/30/2015 21:14 UTC
Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 Acne Treatment, Maximum Strength-1 oz (Pack of 5)
updated: 08/30/2015 21:14 UTC

AWSOME-BALLS!!
Reviewed on August 24, 2015

This is an amazing product!I use this and clearasil at night and in the morning. First I wash my face with the clearasil and apply a THIN layer of the persa gel 10 to my stubborn acne.when the day rolls over to night I wash my face (keep in mind that I did not apply makeup for a week doing this)and applied the clearasil as a mask for ten minutes. After this I put another thin layer or the persa gel 10 on.I did this for a week and my nasty acne was GONE!

NOTE:THIN layer of the press gel 10

A blessing in a tube
Reviewed on August 21, 2015

Hello everyone :-) every year I go thru a horrible break out due to the summer heat, I usually go to the doctor and get a prescription for this lotion called clindamycin tropical lotion. Tropical lotion saved my life repeatedly over the years. Unfortunately I was not able to get it this year due to me not having the same insurance and my doctor unwilling to give me a prescription even tho I had no problem paying for the over the counter price BUT WHATEVER. so I researched like crazy I used Briggs apple cider vinegar on my face for a week I noticed a difference but I needed something faster so I researched more and that's when I came across a blessing in a tube!!!! I wish I could show before and after pictures! The worst part of my break out literally went away within one week! Yes one week! I still see a couple of small bumps but they aren't extreme and I have faith that by next week they will be gone as well. I used a thick coat at night and a very thin layer in the day time. I strongly recommend this product. I'm actually gonna stock up on it so Ill be prepared for the next breakout next year lol hope this helps!! Peace, love and clear skin

To Strong , Get 2.5% INSTEAD!!
Reviewed on August 5, 2015

I went out to buy what the regimen called for but my only option at the moment was this which is 10% when you really need 2.5% . This stuff if 4 times stronger than what you need, its so strong that over a period of a week it did help with acne but in the process it peeled my skin. My skin slowly turned red than suddenly bright red which then let to large patches of skin drying and peeling off, over time i reduced the amount i use. The product seems to be so strong that you cant apply it all over the face without cutting it with moisturizer or something else otherwise you get horribly dry flaky and gross looking skin. One of the points of using BP is to use it all over to prevent acne that is not visible yet which this product is bad at because it cannot be done without cutting it with a something else but isn't as reliable compared to if you waited and got 2.5%. Right now i have ordered from acne.org and im waiting for it to get to me, i strongly advise you be careful with this if you have it because it can wreck your skin.

Slow
Reviewed on July 26, 2015

Honestly, this is a good product but its not for me. This product removed my acne spots but the results were very slow. I had repurchased the product twice, but it never did the job as fast as I'd seen it work on others. I applied the cream on a couple of spots before they came, they still came however and were as big as ever despite my constant application of the cream. It also made my skin very dry, and cause my face to peel. I eventually gave up the product.

Good
Reviewed on May 25, 2015

This product is good. I used this for three months and my face is much better than before. It's worth trying.

Amazing quick results!!
Reviewed on May 13, 2015

I broke out, out of no where with about 4 cystic acne pumps. I went to Dermatologist they did a VI peel that cost $200. After I was done peeling the cystic bumps were still there and red. I bought the whole Clinique Acne system. .... 3 weeks later the bumps were there and red. The Dr said because I was breastfeeding I could not get on meds. each Dr visit was $100, and clinique line was $100 also. at this point I had spent $500 in 2 months. I read reviews of this product it was $5 I said why not try. I applied at night just dabbled it on and the next day put s thin layer under my makeup...... I'm not kidding by day 3 the bump was gone... some pinkish color was still there. by day 7 everything was gone. Had I tried this to begin with I would have saved a lot of money and frustration. I found that if Salicylic Acid doesn't work try Benzoyl Peroxide products.

i cannot live without<3
Reviewed on May 5, 2015

i am 21 had acne since for almost 10 years and i have spent alot of money and bs.. but this is amazing!! i put it on every night and every morning my acne looks less whats the word...gross?.. i love it my acne is tough but this has my uglies gone in less than a week. try this!!!! you wont regret it!!:)

Mixed results
Reviewed on March 10, 2015

This product has done wonders for my acne. Although it dried my skin out SO BADLY. My face has never in my life been this dry. It is red, itchy, puffy, and of course; DRY. No matter how much moisturizer I apply, it does not help WHATSOEVER. I would definitely recommend this product for people with acne but try to use as little as possible && DO NOT put it all over your face. It does say on the bottle to use a small amount because it is drying but it should say use a VERY VERY small amount. A little does go a long way with this product. Disclaimer: Everybody's skin is different so it may work completely different on someone else. This is personal experience.

Good Stuff
Reviewed on February 5, 2015

I don't have severe acne but in the past couple of months I had been experiencing a flare up with painful pimples on my forehead, chin and other random spots. Picked up the Target brand of this clean and clear persa gel and by day two my skin is already clearing up!

My routine: take off my make up with "Simple" cleasning wipes for sensitive skin then use Purpose cleanser with my Clarisonic to wash my face. After that I pat my face dry and put a thin layer of this gel on my T-Zone area then moisturize with Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer for combination skin. I will apply the gel as a spot treatment after that to any pimples on my face. (The next day I woke up with smaller pimples and my skin is A LOT less oily than before I started using.)

In the morning I use Purpose face wash with my clarisonic and this gel lightly over problem areas then apply my moisturizer before make-up. I started using Maybelline's BB cream that has salicylic acid in it and I think that works great - good coverage but feels light.

I know everyone's skin is different. Definitely moisturize as this gel will dry you out. I NEVER write reviews but with such great results only on day two, I just had to share! Good luck :)

Help!
Reviewed on January 28, 2015

Help! I had insane swelling in my face and eye lids the morning after I applied! Please tell me this is a normal reaction :)

by Tabbiearnett on 03/10/2015 20:32
Exact same thing happened to me. PLEASE let me know how long it took to go away..
by attkmaster on 03/30/2015 10:10
It is not a normal reaction. You may be allergic to benzoyl peroxide or your skin may just be extremely sensitive. This product is the maximum allowed strength, and benzoyl peroxide is strong as it is, so it's understandable if you have sensitive skin.