Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength reviews

4.1/5 - 348 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Water.

Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength, 1 oz
[3 Pack] Clean & Clear Persa-gel 10, Maximum Strength Acne Medication 1.0 Oz
updated: 04/21/2015 04:57 UTC
Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 Acne Treatment, Maximum Strength-1 oz (Pack of 5)

Mixed results
Reviewed on March 10, 2015

This product has done wonders for my acne. Although it dried my skin out SO BADLY. My face has never in my life been this dry. It is red, itchy, puffy, and of course; DRY. No matter how much moisturizer I apply, it does not help WHATSOEVER. I would definitely recommend this product for people with acne but try to use as little as possible && DO NOT put it all over your face. It does say on the bottle to use a small amount because it is drying but it should say use a VERY VERY small amount. A little does go a long way with this product. Disclaimer: Everybody's skin is different so it may work completely different on someone else. This is personal experience.

Good Stuff
Reviewed on February 5, 2015

I don't have severe acne but in the past couple of months I had been experiencing a flare up with painful pimples on my forehead, chin and other random spots. Picked up the Target brand of this clean and clear persa gel and by day two my skin is already clearing up!

My routine: take off my make up with "Simple" cleasning wipes for sensitive skin then use Purpose cleanser with my Clarisonic to wash my face. After that I pat my face dry and put a thin layer of this gel on my T-Zone area then moisturize with Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer for combination skin. I will apply the gel as a spot treatment after that to any pimples on my face. (The next day I woke up with smaller pimples and my skin is A LOT less oily than before I started using.)

In the morning I use Purpose face wash with my clarisonic and this gel lightly over problem areas then apply my moisturizer before make-up. I started using Maybelline's BB cream that has salicylic acid in it and I think that works great - good coverage but feels light.

I know everyone's skin is different. Definitely moisturize as this gel will dry you out. I NEVER write reviews but with such great results only on day two, I just had to share! Good luck :)

Help!
Reviewed on January 28, 2015

Help! I had insane swelling in my face and eye lids the morning after I applied! Please tell me this is a normal reaction :)

by Tabbiearnett on 03/10/2015 20:32
Exact same thing happened to me. PLEASE let me know how long it took to go away..
by attkmaster on 03/30/2015 10:10
It is not a normal reaction. You may be allergic to benzoyl peroxide or your skin may just be extremely sensitive. This product is the maximum allowed strength, and benzoyl peroxide is strong as it is, so it's understandable if you have sensitive skin.
Allergic Reaction
Reviewed on January 7, 2015

Now, originally I bought this gel for my brother and mixed it up with the Clean and Clear advantage spot treatment with salicylic acid, thinking that they would be the same thing but they aren't. My friend and I once put this on our pimples and I didn't have a reaction so I thought why not use it. Previously, I applied this on one pimple at a time without a whole facial reaction.

Then I once tried out a toner after washing my face. Then I applied this gel to most of pimples around my face. I woke up with a COMPLETLY RED AND ITCHY FACE. I thought the culprit was the toner. I still avoided the gel.

Last night, I noticed these pimples around my hairline weren't going away so I thought "why not use this, it's stronger". After exfoliating I applied this to my chin, nose, and forehead area. Once again I woke up with extreme redness.

Now I'm stuck with a red face on a snow day. To treat this I'm applying a lot of mousturizer (coconut oil is good for me but it can cause some people to break out. I also use Clinique's "dramatically different moisturizing lotion +"). After a couple of days you'll start to peel and if recommend exfoliating. I am now using Dr.Brant microdermabrasion. I bought the small tube for $12 and it's worth it for me.

Won't use this again! It suck, I'll be walking around school wearing tons of makeup covering up patchy red skin.

by Tabbiearnett on 03/10/2015 20:23
I experienced the exact same thing! It definitely minimized my acne but my face is CRAZY red, itchy and any product I apply to my face BURNS. I have moisturized MULTIPLE times yesterday && today; && no matter what, the dryness && redness is NOT going away. PLEASE let me know how long it took to go away..
by attkmaster on 03/30/2015 10:12
You shouldn't be giving it a 1 star review because you're allergic to it. You should have made sure you're not allergic by applying it to a small area first. It may not even be an allergic reaction to begin with...this product is very strong and may have just cause irritation.
Way to Drying
Reviewed on December 27, 2014

This product made my face a mess, in the month that I used it my face only got worse, and my acne got three time worse when I tried to stop. Now that I'm on natural means that's where I plan to stay. Try it at your own expense.

Would you use a flame thrower to light a candle?
Reviewed on September 8, 2014

This stuff will help your skin to clear up, but it probably will remove a few layers of skin in the process. Its pretty strong. Also it's kind of expensive for the small amount you get. I would prefer the Acne.Org stuff, but that's not nearly as strong as this. I gave it three stars because it does help acne.

use with caution.
Reviewed on August 31, 2014

To use by itself ,hummm benzoyl peroxide shouldn't be used by itself ,I ,found out ,that I needed a good exfoliator and good moisturizer ,otherwise I end up with clogged pores ,I can use it on my back ,just for a couple of days if my back gets itchy or during the day if Im Not wearing any make-up,I just put some on a q tip and kind of pretend that I clean my skin using the q tip ,as a spot treatment when having a painful pimple ,this is what can happen either the pimple would die or pop and make a mess that can take too long to heal ..so I do use it for my back acne or chest,or my scalp if I get one there ...even though my favorite thing to use on my back when its clear and I Have the itch and feel like breakouts are about to come ,I reach for the cotton and dub ,or rub gentlly with pure hydrogen peroxide.

just another BP that will stop working
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

Thick, cakey, crusty, makes your acne resistant while burning through the heads of your lesions

FINALLY
Reviewed on August 9, 2014

The only negative part about this product is that it does dry out your skin really bad in the beginning. But exfoliating solves that. And I have very tan skin, this product dries white so it sometimes looked like I had white paint smudged on my face. Other than those two thing this product really works. Be persistent. It took me about 1 week to notice a difference. By week 3 others started noticing. Best acne medicine/treatment I've ever used.

It's ok
Reviewed on August 5, 2014

It's better than no treatment at all, but it would be one of my last choices. It's very harsh, drying, and makes me peel a lot...much more so than any other Benzoyl Peroxide product (I've tried every one at some point over the decades....I'll save you the trouble, go with Dan's!). The texture of the C&C Persa Gel is just weird. It cracks, flakes, and wears horribly under makeup. Once it even left me with this bad chemical burn look across my face. Sorry, can't recommend this at all. It's not the fact that it's 10%. Even though I prefer 2.5% because it wrks just as well for me, I am able to use other 10% formulations with no problems at all (like Clearasil Ultra and Clearasil Vanishing Cream...those are my next choicees after Dan's).

by simplynatas on 12/15/2014 05:08
I have a question, how did you help heal your skin when you got a chemical reaction to it? Because sad to say thats what happened to me . I woke up this morning with a horrible chemical reaction burn around the pimple I put the gel on.
by simplynatas on 12/15/2014 05:19