Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength reviews

4.1/5 - 352 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Water.

[3 Pack] Clean & Clear Persa-gel 10, Maximum Strength Acne Medication 1.0 Oz
updated: 08/05/2015 01:43 UTC
Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 Acne Treatment, Maximum Strength-1 oz (Pack of 5)
updated: 08/05/2015 01:43 UTC

Slow
Reviewed on July 26, 2015

Honestly, this is a good product but its not for me. This product removed my acne spots but the results were very slow. I had repurchased the product twice, but it never did the job as fast as I'd seen it work on others. I applied the cream on a couple of spots before they came, they still came however and were as big as ever despite my constant application of the cream. It also made my skin very dry, and cause my face to peel. I eventually gave up the product.

Good
Reviewed on May 25, 2015

This product is good. I used this for three months and my face is much better than before. It's worth trying.

Amazing quick results!!
Reviewed on May 13, 2015

I broke out, out of no where with about 4 cystic acne pumps. I went to Dermatologist they did a VI peel that cost $200. After I was done peeling the cystic bumps were still there and red. I bought the whole Clinique Acne system. .... 3 weeks later the bumps were there and red. The Dr said because I was breastfeeding I could not get on meds. each Dr visit was $100, and clinique line was $100 also. at this point I had spent $500 in 2 months. I read reviews of this product it was $5 I said why not try. I applied at night just dabbled it on and the next day put s thin layer under my makeup...... I'm not kidding by day 3 the bump was gone... some pinkish color was still there. by day 7 everything was gone. Had I tried this to begin with I would have saved a lot of money and frustration. I found that if Salicylic Acid doesn't work try Benzoyl Peroxide products.

i cannot live without<3
Reviewed on May 5, 2015

i am 21 had acne since for almost 10 years and i have spent alot of money and bs.. but this is amazing!! i put it on every night and every morning my acne looks less whats the word...gross?.. i love it my acne is tough but this has my uglies gone in less than a week. try this!!!! you wont regret it!!:)

Mixed results
Reviewed on March 10, 2015

This product has done wonders for my acne. Although it dried my skin out SO BADLY. My face has never in my life been this dry. It is red, itchy, puffy, and of course; DRY. No matter how much moisturizer I apply, it does not help WHATSOEVER. I would definitely recommend this product for people with acne but try to use as little as possible && DO NOT put it all over your face. It does say on the bottle to use a small amount because it is drying but it should say use a VERY VERY small amount. A little does go a long way with this product. Disclaimer: Everybody's skin is different so it may work completely different on someone else. This is personal experience.

Good Stuff
Reviewed on February 5, 2015

I don't have severe acne but in the past couple of months I had been experiencing a flare up with painful pimples on my forehead, chin and other random spots. Picked up the Target brand of this clean and clear persa gel and by day two my skin is already clearing up!

My routine: take off my make up with "Simple" cleasning wipes for sensitive skin then use Purpose cleanser with my Clarisonic to wash my face. After that I pat my face dry and put a thin layer of this gel on my T-Zone area then moisturize with Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer for combination skin. I will apply the gel as a spot treatment after that to any pimples on my face. (The next day I woke up with smaller pimples and my skin is A LOT less oily than before I started using.)

In the morning I use Purpose face wash with my clarisonic and this gel lightly over problem areas then apply my moisturizer before make-up. I started using Maybelline's BB cream that has salicylic acid in it and I think that works great - good coverage but feels light.

I know everyone's skin is different. Definitely moisturize as this gel will dry you out. I NEVER write reviews but with such great results only on day two, I just had to share! Good luck :)

Help!
Reviewed on January 28, 2015

Help! I had insane swelling in my face and eye lids the morning after I applied! Please tell me this is a normal reaction :)

by Tabbiearnett on 03/10/2015 20:32
Exact same thing happened to me. PLEASE let me know how long it took to go away..
by attkmaster on 03/30/2015 10:10
It is not a normal reaction. You may be allergic to benzoyl peroxide or your skin may just be extremely sensitive. This product is the maximum allowed strength, and benzoyl peroxide is strong as it is, so it's understandable if you have sensitive skin.
Allergic Reaction
Reviewed on January 7, 2015

Now, originally I bought this gel for my brother and mixed it up with the Clean and Clear advantage spot treatment with salicylic acid, thinking that they would be the same thing but they aren't. My friend and I once put this on our pimples and I didn't have a reaction so I thought why not use it. Previously, I applied this on one pimple at a time without a whole facial reaction.

Then I once tried out a toner after washing my face. Then I applied this gel to most of pimples around my face. I woke up with a COMPLETLY RED AND ITCHY FACE. I thought the culprit was the toner. I still avoided the gel.

Last night, I noticed these pimples around my hairline weren't going away so I thought "why not use this, it's stronger". After exfoliating I applied this to my chin, nose, and forehead area. Once again I woke up with extreme redness.

Now I'm stuck with a red face on a snow day. To treat this I'm applying a lot of mousturizer (coconut oil is good for me but it can cause some people to break out. I also use Clinique's "dramatically different moisturizing lotion +"). After a couple of days you'll start to peel and if recommend exfoliating. I am now using Dr.Brant microdermabrasion. I bought the small tube for $12 and it's worth it for me.

Won't use this again! It suck, I'll be walking around school wearing tons of makeup covering up patchy red skin.

by Tabbiearnett on 03/10/2015 20:23
I experienced the exact same thing! It definitely minimized my acne but my face is CRAZY red, itchy and any product I apply to my face BURNS. I have moisturized MULTIPLE times yesterday && today; && no matter what, the dryness && redness is NOT going away. PLEASE let me know how long it took to go away..
by attkmaster on 03/30/2015 10:12
You shouldn't be giving it a 1 star review because you're allergic to it. You should have made sure you're not allergic by applying it to a small area first. It may not even be an allergic reaction to begin with...this product is very strong and may have just cause irritation.
Way to Drying
Reviewed on December 27, 2014

This product made my face a mess, in the month that I used it my face only got worse, and my acne got three time worse when I tried to stop. Now that I'm on natural means that's where I plan to stay. Try it at your own expense.

Would you use a flame thrower to light a candle?
Reviewed on September 8, 2014

This stuff will help your skin to clear up, but it probably will remove a few layers of skin in the process. Its pretty strong. Also it's kind of expensive for the small amount you get. I would prefer the Acne.Org stuff, but that's not nearly as strong as this. I gave it three stars because it does help acne.