Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength reviews

4.1/5 - 341 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Water.

Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength, 1 oz
[3 Pack] Clean & Clear Persa-gel 10, Maximum Strength Acne Medication 1.0 Oz
updated: 08/30/2014 02:22 UTC
Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 Acne Treatment, Maximum Strength-1 oz (Pack of 5)
updated: 08/30/2014 02:22 UTC

just another BP that will stop working
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

Thick, cakey, crusty, makes your acne resistant while burning through the heads of your lesions

FINALLY
Reviewed on August 9, 2014

The only negative part about this product is that it does dry out your skin really bad in the beginning. But exfoliating solves that. And I have very tan skin, this product dries white so it sometimes looked like I had white paint smudged on my face. Other than those two thing this product really works. Be persistent. It took me about 1 week to notice a difference. By week 3 others started noticing. Best acne medicine/treatment I've ever used.

It's ok
Reviewed on August 5, 2014

It's better than no treatment at all, but it would be one of my last choices. It's very harsh, drying, and makes me peel a lot...much more so than any other Benzoyl Peroxide product (I've tried every one at some point over the decades....I'll save you the trouble, go with Dan's!). The texture of the C&C Persa Gel is just weird. It cracks, flakes, and wears horribly under makeup. Once it even left me with this bad chemical burn look across my face. Sorry, can't recommend this at all. It's not the fact that it's 10%. Even though I prefer 2.5% because it wrks just as well for me, I am able to use other 10% formulations with no problems at all (like Clearasil Ultra and Clearasil Vanishing Cream...those are my next choicees after Dan's).

Warning! - Persa-Gel 10 is Strong Medicine. Apply sparingly.
Reviewed on July 29, 2014

I have used Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 for over a decade for occasional acne flare ups. Apply Persa-Gel 10 sparingly and don't apply to sensitive parts of your face. I liberally applied this medicine to my chin this past Friday in an effort to slow down an acne breakout. Well I put too much on because I chemically burned my chin. It took 4 days for my chin to finally heal by applying Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer to it 3 to 4 times a day. If you have sensitive skin test spot areas with only a little of the product or just use Persa-Gel 5 which is less harsh. I will continue to use PG10 but only on less sensitive parts of my face.

confused
Reviewed on July 23, 2014

this stuff almost works too well. it drys up the pimple over night, but if even a tiny bit had moved off the pimple over night, i would have a red peeling chemical burn on my face the next morning.

Horrible Skin Reaction in some areas
Reviewed on June 25, 2014

I have had horrible cystic acne on my jaw line and neck with some occasional pimples on my cheeks. I have been desperate and trying anything and everything. I should mention that my skin is very sensitive and I figured I would react to this in a bad way because it is maximum strength, but I still wanted to try it. The thick acne on my jaw line and neck has reduced significantly, however, my eyes and skin on my cheeks are swollen and red (I look ridiculous but I am still coming in to work LOL). I also put some on my nose and forehead and that doesn't seem to be a problem. I'll continue using it only in the areas it didn't affect.

Amazing product !!
Reviewed on May 19, 2014

This persa 10 gel I was Betsy hesitant to try, but I'm glad I did! Instead of going around with a huge pimple with white puss, just put this over when you feel like you're gonna grow a pimple and it really helps control it and by 3-5 days, it's completely gone!

Best product I've ever found
Reviewed on May 18, 2014

Starts drying up and shrinking pimples within the first night, easily the quickest results I've seen yet. But you will need a moisturizer because it is drying.

Great for pimples, but not whiteheads
Reviewed on April 23, 2014

Ever since Is started using this I haven't gotten a single pimple. However, it doesn't really seem to do anything for whiteheads, which is my main problem.

Amazing results
Reviewed on April 6, 2014

Being completely honest I'm 15 and I started to get acne last year. I didn't know what to do so randomly at meijers I grabbed this off the shelf. In the fist day I noticed results it was amazing. It's one step and it takes about 30 seconds to do. I've recommended it to tons if people and everyone usually likes it. It's pretty affordable it's around 6 dollars and you can buy it at most drug stores or a Walmart or meijers. If your looking for an easy way to clear up your acne this is the best cream I've ever used!