Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets reviews

4.2/5 - 151 reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets

Propylene, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), 3, 4 Dimethylbenzyl Idene Sorbitol, Zinc Stearate, Ultramarines.

Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets, 50 ea
updated: 05/03/2016 11:17 UTC
Clean & Clear Instant Oil-Absorbing Sheets 50 sheets
updated: 04/01/2016 03:40 UTC

Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets

Be careful of their shelf life.
Reviewed on March 4, 2016

I've had some of these in my desk at work and at some knock off brands in my purse. I have used them in the past with no problems - and haven't used them frequently in some time. Yesterday or the day before, I used one of these from my drawer at the office - and then when I got home, I found that I had broke out with a cyst up on my forehead (I never, ever breakout on my forehead) and then about an hour later, another cyst on my chin. Two complete separate areas. The only thing I could think of (besides hormones) that had changed in my regimen with my skin was I had used one of these sheets (and I dab them all over my face, mostly my forehead that gets shiny). I'm guessing that these caused me to suddenly break out - I have had clear skin for months (on Dan's acne products) and haven't had cystic acne in ages - even hormonal around the time of my period. This was very out of the blue.

I got to looking after realizing the only different thing I'd done was use these sheets - and looked if there was a possible expiration date? Since I have used these in the past with no issues at all. I couldn't find any expiration date on the item itself, but after googling - I found some packages for sale (of these exact ones) wrapped in their original plastic (like if they come straight from the factory) and they DO - indeed have expiration dates! They say "SHELF LIFE: 3 YEARS".

So be aware of how old your absorbing sheets/blotting sheets are. Mine had a manufacturing date of 2009 and another from 2011. Both expired by their expiration date. They do contain mineral oil - and I tried to research if that expires, but most sites said "No" because of how processed it is. Either way - these items DO have a shelf life - just be aware. I believe this is what broke me out suddenly.

THE BEST!!
Reviewed on January 28, 2016

i always have these in my bag and i love this sheet..smooth,convenient and better than other brand i have oily skin and i only use 1 sheet to get oil off my face

BEST PURCHASE
Reviewed on September 12, 2015

I've had these for almost two months and loved them. However, I recently went to get my eyebrows done then I broke out not sure if it was bc the sheets or just sensitive to threaded eyebrows

Amazing When Used CORRECTLY
Reviewed on August 9, 2015

These do a VERY good job at absorbing oil. They are not wet. They are silky blue sheets that grab oil with each dab. The knockoff versions (CVS brand), are white and matte like paper, and do not absorb as well. This matte material produces more drag, and can irritate the skin.

These are useful when used correctly, meaning not over-used. If you cleanse your face twice daily, you should not use these more than once per day. Constant oil loss results in an increased oil production, leading to acne. These are great for removing that oil in the middle of the day in between washes.

PS: These are not good at absorbing liquid. So, if you have sweat on your face, dab the sweat with a towel or tissue first.

Always have these on me
Reviewed on January 4, 2015

I love this brand of oil absorbing sheets, they work better than any other brand I've tried. They are smooth and do not irritate my skin when I use them. Sometimes I have to use two sheets to get all the oil off my face but I've just got really oily skin. I recommend these to anyone who needs something to quickly mattify their face anytime during the day without piling on powders.

matte
Reviewed on January 2, 2015

Helps get ready of that shiny oily mid-day look. Carry everywhere with me. package is small enough to fit in my wallet or even pocket

I have these on me at all times.
Reviewed on November 27, 2014

Other products may work in a pinch, perhaps, but these are the real deal to quickly/conveniently/discreetly blot up the excess oil, anywhere, any time.

Eh Not so much..
Reviewed on August 7, 2014

I don't know if it's just me but they cause me to breakout. Maybe because there is mineral oil in them? They make my skin look great and then a half hour later my face is oily again. So I bought Boscia Clear Complexion Blotting Linens at Sephora instead, they are all natural amazing-must have!!!!

necessity
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

I always had these in my back pocket, with my compact. keeps the t-zone fresh, makeup stays on. The ingredient in these sheets in the same used to clean up oil spills from water- so you know what's being lifted and what's being left behind!

Just works.
Reviewed on July 8, 2014

These work very well! Leaves nothing behind and just does what it's supposed to do. A little bit expensive in my opinion (about $5 for 50 at Wal-Mart), but they work.