Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets

Average price: $5.18

Brand: Clean & Clear

Most helpful review

By Samantha, Washington State on 09/19/2012

I've been using these sheets for a few years now and can't live without them. I tend to have very oily skin, but since I wear makeup the sheets will lift some of it off, making me have to reapply it in some areas. But it feels good to get that oil off. I see a lot of reviewers are complaining about the price when you don't get a lot of sheets in a package. I started buying mine on eBay from sellers in other countries because it's cheaper (two for the price of one, sometimes three for one), and for some reason their packages come with 60 sheets as opposed to 50 like they do here. Plus the sheets seem to feel thicker and last longer. The ones sold here seem thinner. I don't know if I can say it helps to prevent breakouts, but I feel cleaner and look better when my face isn't so oily..

Pros:
  • does well in absorbing oil
Cons:
  • claims not to "smudge" makeup, but will LIFT makeup off your face

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful

Propylene, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), 3, 4 Dimethylbenzyl Idene Sorbitol, Zinc Stearate, Ultramarines.

Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets, 50 ea
updated: 04/17/2014 17:44 UTC
Clean & Clear Instant Oil-Absorbing Sheets 50 sheets
updated: 04/17/2014 17:44 UTC

Member reviews

“Best blotting sheets I've tried”
By on

These sheets are nice, and blot away the oil neatly without smudging makeup beneath; but I find regular tissues do the same job almost as well and are much cheaper!

Pros

• blot neatly
  • don't smudge makeup

Cons

• expensive
  • gross to look at after blotting
  • for a few months
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Great :)”
By on

Claims: These are really absorb all the oil on my face for a matte finish.

Number of sheets: I have moderate acne and a pretty oily face but I have never needed more than 2 sheets.One pack usually lasts 2-3 weeks.

Store brands: The up&up (Target brand) has 70 sheets per package and absorbs oil just as well, if not better.

Acne: It has not diminished my acne, but my face looks better after I use these (less greasy).

Pros

• removes oil and shine
  • convenient
  • turns transparent when used

Cons

• kinda expensive
  • for more than a year
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• does well in absorbing oil

Cons

• claims not to "smudge" makeup, but will LIFT makeup off your face
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I use this product when I'm on-the-go. I often resort to splashing my face with water when I get home, but if I'm out socializing and find my face gets oily (which it often does), it's quick and easy to make a small bathroom stop to blot up excess oil. I personally recommend these!

They work amazingly and remove any excess oil without overdrying my skin. I find my skin is generally clearer as a result. One sheet is perfect for the T-Zone (which is where I am oily, mainly on my forehead). Four stars merely because these cannot be bought in bulk, the amount is very limited, and they are expensive for one pack ($10.00)

Pros

• Blots excessive oil flawlessly
  • Small, portable
  • Non comedogenic

Cons

• Expensive
  • There should be more in the package (100-200 sheets.)
  • very light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I had been searching for these as soon as I heard about them on here. I actually got the Kroger brand, which I am guessing are cheaper than the C&C. My skin tends to get oily/greasy as the day progresses and I had been wondering what to do about it.

Well, today I finally found and bought these from the store and used them for the first time... YES. I am happy with how they worked. It is a bit disgusting to see all the grease on the sheet as they become transparent just like a greasy food wrapper. They restore a nice matte finish to your face so you don't have to walk around looking nasty. I am wondering how long it will last until I might need to do it again. I am going to buy these up whenever I can. I am hoping this will help control my acne since it removes all this excess nastiness from your face.

Pros

• Holy lord these are great!
  • Absorbs all the nasty oil on your face
  • Convenient pocket-sized carry case

Cons

• Smaller than I would like so you'll probably need to use a few
  • Got mine for about $4.00, I think they should be a bit cheaper, although you do get 50 in a pack it probably won't last very long if you are oily like me
  • moderately severe
  • for a day or two
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love these. I have been using them forever. I have verrrry oily skin so these have been super helpful. I wish they were a bit bigger. Sometimes i have to use two of these for my whole face. Also, my makeup stays in place which is important. It is so nice to actually get the oil off my face instead of covering it up with a powder.

Pros

• Removes oil
  • Make-up doesn't smudge
  • Cheap
  • Get a lot of sheets
  • Fit into a pocket, purse, desk

Cons

• Wish the sheets were bigger
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been using clean and clear sheets since they've been on the shelves! I am obsessed, they remove all oil and make up stays put, and I am OILY. Helps freshen up my face before a make up touch up. I love love love them, I can't emphasize it enough. If they are ever discontinued, I will probably have a heart attack.

Pros

• absorbs ALL oil
  • easy to carry around
  • AWESOME product

Cons

• can be expensive at stores like walgreens and cvs.
  • light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Really work and love this! But i have to buy it a little expensive because it is an "import brand"

Pros

• Elastic sheet
  • Really observe oil
  • Not erase make up

Cons

• Not avabile in my country
  • severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 7

By on

Great product. Unlike the cheap oil absorbing sheets that may be made out of paper or have a consistency like toilet seat covers, this product is silky and makes my face feel completely matte when I use it.

I can get away with cutting these in half to have twice as many sheets to use.

Don't bother buying the Clean & Clear brand though. Your best bet for the most value is the Up & Up one at Target (70 sheets and exactly the same). Bed Bath and Beyond sells one just like it (was it called Harmon Face Values maybe?). The CVS brand works exactly the same as well.

Pros

• Does what it says
  • Removes all oil on face

Cons

• May take off makeup
  • light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i do like these they dont break me out and i have oily skin alot when i wear make up around my nose etc and it mops it up and i also use it when im oily without makeup

is just pricey because im in the uk

would keep buying tho

Pros

• mops up all oil
  • can see oil on sheets

Cons

• make up comes off abit not great when u have to cover acne!
  • not enough sheets and pricey cause im in the uk
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 3
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.